Fallout 3 to be approachable to newcomers!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
I am probably in the minority but I am more interested in playing Fable 2 or THe Last Remnant than playing Fallout 3 for my RPG fix.

Oblivion was just way too boring, and this looks just as boring.
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="swamplord666"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I wanted this game so bad. I was so hyped. Then I started seeing more gameplay videos. :( This is Oblivion with guns, and I absolutely despise Oblivion.FantasySports02

yeah i got the same impression. but luckily it seems to do enough differently for it not to be a problem. even though i won't be getting it because of finances, i do hope it'll do well.

Another thing I'm concerned about is the depressing browns. How fun will this large and open world be to explore? I was bored of Oblivion, yet atleast it had some color to it.

The only reason Oblivion sucked was cause the enemies level'd up with you. If they fix that, I think fallout will be good.

Actually that was just "one" of its problems another one being that bethesda completely removed any and all elements that are mandatory for a creating a immersive world. The game did not respond to your involvement in the world in any way. One could be a grandmaster of oposing guilds like the thiefs hall and mages guild with zero reprucusion.
Play through the game as a max level good guy or a max level bad guy and there will be Zero divrence.

A key point in creating a immersive rpg is having the world evolve around the players actions. Oblivion felt like a land frozen in time, an unfinished story.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I am probably in the minority but I am more interested in playing Fable 2 or THe Last Remnant than playing Fallout 3 for my RPG fix.

Oblivion was just way too boring, and this looks just as boring.jg4xchamp

Yea I wouldn't play a FPS for my RPG fix either.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
*Adds this quote to the pile of quotes representing Bethesda's sojourn into depravity* Sigh, you'd think they want to be bashed now.Vandalvideo
Thanks VV you saved me from thinking up a post, sums up my thoughts perfectly.
Ignee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 Ignee
Member since 2004 • 209 Posts
Every time someone calls this Oblivion with guns I get more excited. Sounds fun.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#106 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
Any game where you can affect the storyline with your wacky actions and I'm pretty much there. I can not resist. Even though it is Oblivion with guns and could've been so much more and blahbla, I still think it looks like fun and I will purchase it with my money. Minelurks and giant scorpions don't look like fun though. They look dumb. What the **** is a minelurk anyway? All I can think of is the stupid mudcrabs from Oblivion. What's the deal with Bethesda and crab-creatures?
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

In a surprising turn of events, Bethesda decided to cater to newcomers of the Fallout series with their magnum opus Fallout 3, surprising considering how obscure and niche the game was looking in terms of appeal.

http://www.psu.com/Hines-on-making-Fallout-3-approachable-to-newcomers-News--a0004733-p0.php

"For those of you worried about playing catch up in the Fallout series before taking on Bethesda's latest entry in the franchise, don't fret. Pete Hines has assured PSU that new players should have no problem picking up Fallout 3 and jumping right in."

Pete Hines: "'Well, we make sure you don't have to have played the previous Fallout games to understand what's going on in Fallout 3. Obviously the control scheme should be familiar with folks who have played a 1st or 3rd person game. That was one of the nice things I heard at PAX from a number of folks is that they felt like the basic controls were pretty intuitive and seemed to pick up on things like how to use the Pip-Boy or the V.A.T.S. combat system pretty quickly.'"

This is GREAT news! He said it will be familiar to people who have played a 1st person game! That means I'll be able to log off of Live after a sweet round of Slayer on Halo 3 and pop in Fallout 3 and jump right in the mayhem! Totally! I wasn't interested in this game until I learned about the portable nuclear missile launcher (LOL CARNAGE FTW) and the fact that it's going to be familiar to me, a total Fallout nincompoop.

Anyway, good to know this game won't blow a brain cell, despite what you basement-dwelling hermits want. Time to blow stuff up come this November!

BobHipJames

oh, and so it begins...

on topic, heck yeah! i can't wait for this title.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 clone01

Every time someone calls this Oblivion with guns I get more excited. Sounds fun.Ignee

me too, actually! oh, well, i guess i'm just one of teh dumbed down peoples.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
Doesint bug me. Im getting it either way.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Oblivion was just way too boring, and this looks just as boring.jg4xchamp

Your not alone.I want to play fable 2 way more,but I still want fallout 3.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

this is great news

accessibility .. aka 'watering-down' to some hermits, is another great thing

that's why i like oblivion more than morrowind, or bioshock more than system shock 2 .. and explains why many people were disappointed with oblivion / bioshock

akif22

I love internet sarcasm

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

Nice sarcasm.

I had no hype for this game going into the topic, I still have none leaving. Oblivion with guns indeed.

vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
fallout 3 = awesomness
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Espada12

[QUOTE="Ignee"]Every time someone calls this Oblivion with guns I get more excited. Sounds fun.clone01

me too, actually! oh, well, i guess i'm just one of teh dumbed down peoples.

You are! Game went from being a RPG to a FPS!

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Bethesda, why do you forsake us?
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

I wonder if, when most of us are not on SW, we step back and think about how stupid this all is. Hermits getting upset over this, and bashing Bethesda non stop is really, really sad.

So, they are making the game accessible, who cares, I think it still looks like fun. For those who have a problem with level scaling I can not help but think you still do not understand it. I would prefer it not be included either but it was not as simple as your enemy leveling up with you. I got so powerful in Oblivion I stopped using armor and would run around in a dress toying with monsters.

Those getting their panties in a wod over this need to come back to reality. I can understand the initial reaction being harsh, but to keep up the ****ing this long is absurd.

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Coyo7e

Bethesda, why do you forsake us?II_Seraphim_II

Because you are not worth the time; or the money.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
PC version will definately be the one to buy in this case, if it has a leveling system like Oblivion's and combat is as dull as the gameplay videos make it out to be. Mods could fix it all.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

Got to love that nostalgia. They..just..can't get....over..it.

(wow those fallout 2 graphics.. LOL... and there wasn't as much Role playing as you remember :) )

Oh look Tommy if I put another point here my conversation is slightly different! It's amazing!! Yes it is!! Ok gonna play Bauldur's gate, see ya.

Vortec33

I just finished Fallout 1 yesterday...

I'm playing Planescape and I'm playing Fallout 2 now.

And I utterly, utterly despise Oblivion, which I've played very recently and I have installed on my desktop now.

Fallout 1>Oblivion.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 BobHipJames

Wow, the hate for this game grows ever more. However, it is still one of my most anticipated titles for this year. The whole post nuclear war environment looks fantastic, and extremely atmospheric in a "my god, can you believe what happened" sort of way. On top of that, the game just looks like it will be fun as hell to me. Then again, I always end up loving Bethesda's games, and Oblivion was no exception, despite it's faults. Cannot wait, myself.ironcreed

Your Fable 2 sig says it all.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
I'll wait for reviews and if most of these reviews say "If you like oblivion, then you will love this" or "oblivion with guns" then i won't buy it.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BobHipJames

PC version will definately be the one to buy in this case, if it has a leveling system like Oblivion's and combat is as dull as the gameplay videos make it out to be. Mods could fix it all.Saturos3091

In the case of Oblivion....I modded the hell out of it....

An extensive leveling mod in addition to OOO.

It was still boring to play, had bad dialogue, repetitious environments, etc.

There are some lightly entertaining elements, TBH. It's still a very polished game with gaping, gaping holes.

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Sounds... well, kinda neutral. I don't see why this in particular would be considerably inflaming, even to the devout Bethesda-haters.

First, it states that the control scheme is good and intuitive, which allows people to get accustomed to the mechanis quickly. I call this a plus.

Second, it states that people won't need to be into the franchise to understand what the story is about. I don't see how this is that big of a problem. I don't see them disregarding the story of Fallout. Most likely, they won't work too much with the Chosen One storylines. People who know Fallout 1 and 2 will likely have a headstart in understanding everything, and will get references to the past games (dogmeat references too, I hope). People who haven't will just need to do what everyone else had to do in Fallout 1, knowing the world.

I'm getting more and more convinced that people want to hate this game no matter what.

Fine, I'll set it out nice and clear for you. According to oxford english dictionary, atmosphere is the pervading tone and mood. Tone is the general character. Character is the qualities of distinctive nature. In other words, atmosphere is the pervading general qualities of a distinctive nature for a product. These qualities are defiend by the brand name, which also defines the expectations of the consumer. When those distinctive qualities are GONE, the atmosphere is different.Vandalvideo

So if a consumer's expectations are different because previous iterations of the franchise generated different ones, could it be somehow possible that this new fallout does keep to said expectations?

Subjectivity. It's a word.

And Verge, I do agree with you. The debate is kinda scary.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#124 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
So if a consumer's expectations are different because previous iterations of the franchise generated different ones, could it be somehow possible that this new fallout does keep to said expectations? Subjectivity. It's a word.And Verge, I do agree with you. The debate is kinda scary. Grive
Except that this Fallout is a self proclaimed direct sequel to Fallout 1 and 2, which both have all of these elements in common, and it is these elements that so define the series, and it is these elements which are absent from Fallout 3.
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#125 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Why do we hate Fallout 3? Simple,

It's not an RPG, it's a shooter -> There won't be any meaningful choices, there will be only combat -> There won't be any ROLEPLAYING -> It's not an RPG ->It's not Fallout, yet it's being called Fallout and Bethesda has bought all the rights to it, which means that there probably never will be a true Fallout sequel.

agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

I wanted this game so bad. I was so hyped. Then I started seeing more gameplay videos. :( This is Oblivion with guns, and I absolutely despise Oblivion.BioShockOwnz

You took the words right out of my mouth. I will pass on F3, and that decision has nothing to do with Bethesda, or the original games, it merely has to do with my utter abhorrence of Oblivion.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#127 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]Wow, the hate for this game grows ever more. However, it is still one of my most anticipated titles for this year. The whole post nuclear war environment looks fantastic, and extremely atmospheric in a "my god, can you believe what happened" sort of way. On top of that, the game just looks like it will be fun as hell to me. Then again, I always end up loving Bethesda's games, and Oblivion was no exception, despite it's faults. Cannot wait, myself.BobHipJames

What might that be exactly? That I have my own opinion and can enjoy games that fall outside of the "1337" club without feeling like a complete "n00b"? Try it some time, you might find quite a few fun games that you otherwise would have avoided in order to try and stay "hardcore."

Look, I play games for fun, and if a game is fun or appeals to me, then I play it. What a bunch of elitists who think they know what constitutes quality gaming and what does not based soley on their own limited "hardcore" conception of what gaming is supposed to be does not sway what I choose to play in the slightest. So, sorry if my tastes in gaming do not meet your almighty, gaming wizard standards, lol.

In the mean time, why don't you just play what you want, and leave others to do the same without having to weigh in with your 1337 little jabs and insults concerning what others personal preferences are. As who are you to judge what I, or anyone else likes to play? Just another gamer who mistakenly thinks his opinion is right, and everybody else's is wrong, that's all....And it is really quite sad and funny at the same time. Not to mention all too common.

Good day

Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#128 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts

So its just a mod then...

8.5 score here

blizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 blizzle
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts
Approachable to newcomers? Don't they mean only for newcomers? Old Fans of the series can go fly a kite according to what we've seen from Bethesada.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Coyo7e

Why do we hate Fallout 3? Simple,

It's not an RPG, it's a shooter -> There won't be any meaningful choices, there will be only combat -> There won't be any ROLEPLAYING -> It's not an RPG ->It's not Fallout, yet it's being called Fallout and Bethesda has bought all the rights to it, which means that there probably never will be a true Fallout sequel.

HenriH-42

Like there was ever going to be one anyway:|

The game is a decade old now, get over it. Besides, you do know that your narrow minded ideas about what should be an RPG are total BS?

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Coyo7e

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]Wow, the hate for this game grows ever more. However, it is still one of my most anticipated titles for this year. The whole post nuclear war environment looks fantastic, and extremely atmospheric in a "my god, can you believe what happened" sort of way. On top of that, the game just looks like it will be fun as hell to me. Then again, I always end up loving Bethesda's games, and Oblivion was no exception, despite it's faults. Cannot wait, myself.BobHipJames

I eagerly anticipate Fallout 3 and I hope it sells 10 million copies and gets all perfect scores. Maybe then you will give up on gaming and find some other HOBBY to feel special about.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
so in other words it will be garbage
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 clone01
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]Wow, the hate for this game grows ever more. However, it is still one of my most anticipated titles for this year. The whole post nuclear war environment looks fantastic, and extremely atmospheric in a "my god, can you believe what happened" sort of way. On top of that, the game just looks like it will be fun as hell to me. Then again, I always end up loving Bethesda's games, and Oblivion was no exception, despite it's faults. Cannot wait, myself.ironcreed

What might that be exactly? That I have my own opinion and can enjoy games that fall outside of the "1337" club without feeling like a complete "n00b"? Try it some time, you might find quite a few fun games that you otherwise would have avoided in order to try and stay "hardcore."

Look, I play games for fun, and if a game is fun or appeals to me, then I play it. What a bunch of elitists who think they know what constitutes quality gaming and what does not based soley on their own limited "hardcore" conception of what gaming is supposed to be does not sway what I choose to play in the slightest. So, sorry if my tastes in gaming do not meet your almighty, gaming wizard standards, lol.

In the mean time, why don't you just play what you want, and leave others to do the same without having to weigh in with your 1337 little jabs and insults concerning what others personal preferences are. As who are you to judge what I, or anyone else likes to play? Just another gamer who mistakenly thinks his opinion is right, and everybody else's is wrong, that's all....And it is really quite sad and funny at the same time. Not to mention all too common.

Good day

zing! seriously, well said. people here are taking this far too seriously.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#134 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
If spore got a 8, this will get a 7
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Coyo7e

If spore got a 8, this will get a 7Franko_3

I have not played the game yet so I don't know. But I do know the hype for this game was way, way to much. Will Wright (or however you spell his name) is just not that special.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Espada12

[QUOTE="Franko_3"]If spore got a 8, this will get a 7Coyo7e

I have not played the game yet so I don't know. But I do know the hype for this game was way, way to much. Will Wright (or however you spell his name) is just not that special.

Thx for your opinion? He just created one of the most successful franchises ever.. yea not that special right?

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Espada12
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]Wow, the hate for this game grows ever more. However, it is still one of my most anticipated titles for this year. The whole post nuclear war environment looks fantastic, and extremely atmospheric in a "my god, can you believe what happened" sort of way. On top of that, the game just looks like it will be fun as hell to me. Then again, I always end up loving Bethesda's games, and Oblivion was no exception, despite it's faults. Cannot wait, myself.Coyo7e

I eagerly anticipate Fallout 3 and I hope it sells 10 million copies and gets all perfect scores. Maybe then you will give up on gaming and find some other HOBBY to feel special about.

Wait you want it to do well to spite him? Ughh grow up?

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Grive

[QUOTE="Grive"]So if a consumer's expectations are different because previous iterations of the franchise generated different ones, could it be somehow possible that this new fallout does keep to said expectations? Subjectivity. It's a word.And Verge, I do agree with you. The debate is kinda scary. Vandalvideo
Except that this Fallout is a self proclaimed direct sequel to Fallout 1 and 2, which both have all of these elements in common, and it is these elements that so define the series, and it is these elements which are absent from Fallout 3.

So you are proposing that your experience when playing Fallout and Fallout 2 is objective? That it's absolutely impossible for anyone else to have found something else that appears in both games, and that defined Fallout for him?

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Vandalvideo
So you are proposing that your experience when playing Fallout and Fallout 2 is objective? That it's absolutely impossible for anyone else to have found something else that appears in both games, and that defined Fallout for him? Grive
Absolutely not. I'm saying the objective distinctive characteristics that defined Fallout 1 and 2 are absent from Fallout 3. In other words, it is not Fallout. I don't think it would have been half the problem if they had given it a subtitle and not been so obstinant about it being a faithful sequel, which it ISN'T.
lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I wanted this game so bad. I was so hyped. Then I started seeing more gameplay videos. :( This is Oblivion with guns, and I absolutely despise Oblivion.Teufelhuhn

It really is Oblivion with guns. My hype has reached sub-zero levels. :(

Well, I liked oblivion, so it will be good for me.

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Grive

[QUOTE="Grive"]So you are proposing that your experience when playing Fallout and Fallout 2 is objective? That it's absolutely impossible for anyone else to have found something else that appears in both games, and that defined Fallout for him? Vandalvideo
Absolutely not. I'm saying the objective distinctive characteristics that defined Fallout 1 and 2 are absent from Fallout 3. In other words, it is not Fallout. I don't think it would have been half the problem if they had given it a subtitle and not been so obstinant about it being a faithful sequel, which it ISN'T.

So you are saying it, then.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Vandalvideo
So you are saying it, then. Grive
Nope. Fallout is more than a name. "Fallout" is a brand name which has grown to incorporate all of the successes and failures that go along with such a name. By using the Fallout name and claiming it to be a faithful sequel you take on the responsibilities of all the things that made that name what it is. Those things, the distinctive characteristics of "Fallout"; The dark humour, the light satirical story, the indepth consequence system, etc are all absent from Fallout 3. Not to mention there have been a lot of retcons as well, some of them so glaringly bad that it makes you wonder how much of the game the story boarders played.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Grive

[QUOTE="Grive"]So you are saying it, then. Vandalvideo
Nope. Fallout is more than a name. "Fallout" is a brand name which has grown to incorporate all of the successes and failures that go along with such a name. By using the Fallout name and claiming it to be a faithful sequel you take on the responsibilities of all the things that made that name what it is. Those things, the distinctive characteristics of "Fallout"; The dark humour, the light satirical story, the indepth consequence system, etc are all absent from Fallout 3. Not to mention there have been a lot of retcons as well, some of them so glaringly bad that it makes you wonder how much of the game the story boarders played.

So you were saying it, then.

Yes, this is quite scary.

I don't think there is much that can be added to this.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Vandalvideo
So you were saying it, then.Yes, this is quite scary. I don't think there is much that can be added to this.Grive
Once again, I'm not saying that. Fallout is defined by the distinctive characteristics of the game that are unique to it. Saying that the mere post apocolyptic setting defines fallout isn't true to the definition. There are tons of games that are in similar environments. What sets Fallout apart from these games are the things such as; dark humour, light satirical story, indepth consequences system, etc whicha re absent from Fallout 3. Not to mention there are serious retcons that cannot be overlooked. This isn't Fallout, "It is oblivion with guns"-Bethesda.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Grive

[QUOTE="Grive"]So you were saying it, then.Yes, this is quite scary. I don't think there is much that can be added to this.Vandalvideo
Once again, I'm not saying that. Fallout is defined by the distinctive characteristics of the game that are unique to it. Saying that the mere post apocolyptic setting defines fallout isn't true to the definition. There are tons of games that are in similar environments. What sets Fallout apart from these games are the things such as; dark humour, light satirical story, indepth consequences system, etc whicha re absent from Fallout 3. Not to mention there are serious retcons that cannot be overlooked. This isn't Fallout, "It is oblivion with guns"-Bethesda.

Once again, you're saying it. To quote you, "I'll set it out nice and clear to you":

There is a set of elements that you personally attribute as essential to the fallout franchise.

There is another set, which partially overlaps your own, and that someone else (not you!) attribute as essential to the fallout franchise.

Now, can you see how it is even possible that someone else (as in, someone who isn't you) might consider Fallout 3 to be a worthy successor to Fallout 1 & 2?

Or once again, do you believe that your personal experience and expectations of what made Fallout 1 and 2 what they were have to be the standard for everyone else on planet earth (and likely, beyond?).

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Vandalvideo
There is a set of elements that you personally attribute as essential to the fallout franchise.There is another set, which partially overlaps your own, and that someone else (not you!) attribute as essential to the fallout franchise.Now, can you see how it is even possible that someone else (as in, someone who isn't you) might consider Fallout 3 to be a worthy successor to Fallout 1 & 2?Or once again, do you believe that your personal experience and expectations of what made Fallout 1 and 2 what they were have to be the standard for everyone else on planet earth (and likely, beyond?). Grive
Wrong again. I'm not saying that these elements are "essential" to Fallout. I'm saying these are the unique elements that stand out FOR Fallout that makes it unique among its peers. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, atmosphere is the pervading tone or mode. Tone is the general characteristics, characteristics are unique to the specific instance. In other words, they are the pervading unique characteristics specific to that name that defines the title. I'm solely using lexicon here, not my own opinions or perceptions about the title. These are the things that can't be found anywhere else. These are the things that are unique to FALLOUT. These are the things that make up the fallout atmosphere. From a purely objective point of view, the things that define fallout are; dark humour, light satirical story, deep consequence system, and its story. All of which have changed drasticailly or are simply not present in Fallout 3. I am not using my personal experience in anyway, shape, or form. I'm using the most reputable source of the english language in the world.
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#150 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Like there was ever going to be one anyway:|

The game is a decade old now, get over it. Besides, you do know that your narrow minded ideas about what should be an RPG are total BS?

Coyo7e

Let the sleeping dogs lie. If I can't have a true Fallout sequel, I don't want any kind of Fallout sequel. Some things are just better left alone, especially as the only thing Bethesda wants to do is to get some money.

And do you honestly think this is an RPG?

FYI: It's a shooter. It's Oblivion with guns. It's just pure s***. But of course, blind fanboys will buy it because of the hype and low standards. I really hope it flops hard and Bethesda goes out of business because that's what they deserve.