Fallout 3 to be approachable to newcomers!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

this is great news

accessibility .. aka 'watering-down' to some hermits, is another great thing

that's why i like oblivion more than morrowind, or bioshock more than system shock 2 .. and explains why many people were disappointed with oblivion / bioshock

akif22

Accessibility is a GREAT thing. But not when it sacrifices depth. Why must we have either:

A) Deep, but hard to get into games.

or

B) Accessible, but shallow games.

?

Why can't there just be a game thats accessible AND deep? It frustrates me.

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]So, realy, it's not like Oblivion with guns so much as it is Morrowind with guns.Vandalvideo
"So when I'm asked to summate about the game, I tend to say that it ---- Is Oblivion with guns --- In all the best ways". -Bethesda

Yes, that's called "Marketing the game." If he had said "Morrowind with guns" a lot of people he would be trying to appeal to would've thought "....Morro-wind??"

I've put more hours into the Elder Scrolls series than 99% of people who have played them, and everything I said was true. Oblivion's two major differences (well, "most frequently voiced complaints" I suppose, as there are other differences that are better when moving from Morrowind to Oblivion, like combat for example, and other negatives [though they are positives for some people] that aren't complained about as often... stuff like Pole Arms gone, etc.) were the levelling system and the environments. Morrowind had a wild and "magical" environment (more similar to that of the Shivering Isles exp. than anything in vanilla Oblivion.)

They aren;t applying the levelling nor the extremely large mapsize to Fallout (as they did in Oblivion, and as it turned out larger meant "Larger but more repetitive.") They've said they're shrinking it down and tightening it up (and hopefully that translates to a more "Magical" landscape.)

So, yes, closer to Morrowind.

And yes, I know you're just going to vomit out the same stuff you've said a million times about Bethesda being the devil due to this. In reality though, either NO Fallout game was going to be made, or Bethesda was going to make their own brand of Fallout game. So, the choice is no game, or a game that happens to bear the Fallout name that may or may not be great. Easy choice in my book. Also, to think they are beholden to YOU and your small circle of friends is absolutely laughable, sorry.

Not a huge fan of G4, but Sessler hit it right on the head.
http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/Hellforge/Adam-Sessler-Tackles-Diablo-III-Haters/

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]The funny thing here is that I never, not once, stated that the atmosphere was the same. I stated clearly how the atmosphere and feel I personally recieved from the prior two installments seemed to be present. For further clarrification, I have linked webster's definition of the term. You also seem to be under the impression I was referring to the whole game seeming to be 'the same', rather than simply the atmosphere and sensation. In fact, I do beleive I stated that I '(had) no clue how I would find the gameplay and combat mechanics'.Vandalvideo
You can try to mask the fallacy in your opinion all you want, but the fact remains that the atmosphere and all the original elements that define the game, according to direct quotes from Bethesda, are gone.

Then I guess I should be grateful I do not define what made the game atmospheric to me by another person's words. How good it is to possess free thought and will.

Also, I thought neither you nor the people you were quoting were telling me what to think, yet my seeing the same atmosphere and feel in Fallout 3 is a 'fallacy'. It's truly amazing the effect this game has on certain PC gamers...

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]The funny thing here is that I never, not once, stated that the atmosphere was the same. I stated clearly how the atmosphere and feel I personally recieved from the prior two installments seemed to be present. For further clarrification, I have linked webster's definition of the term. You also seem to be under the impression I was referring to the whole game seeming to be 'the same', rather than simply the atmosphere and sensation. In fact, I do beleive I stated that I '(had) no clue how I would find the gameplay and combat mechanics'.Vandalvideo
You can try to mask the fallacy in your opinion all you want, but the fact remains that the atmosphere and all the original elements that define the game, according to direct quotes from Bethesda, are gone.

If he says he feels or it seems, that is not a logical fallacy. That is a premise that is supported by the facts of the instance.

However, if he says "I feel A therefore A is true," that is the fallacy of subjectivism.

Unless I missed something, yeah, he didn't commit that fallacy.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Yes, that's called "Marketing the game." RuprechtMonkey
No, marketing is the promotion and selling of products and services. His statement that Fallout was oblivion with guns was in an offcoloured, candid interview that the vast majority of the populous doesn't even know about. His statements do not constitute marketing, they are the personal view based on the gameplay mechanics held by senior staffers in Bethesda, who are making the game themselves.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
[QUOTE="odin2019"]

Yeah I hear you. Thats another thing is that if the dev of the first two fallouts was so good at making games why are they not around any more?

BobHipJames

Hold up a minute....

I need to interject here: Black Isle studios made Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 and 2, and Icewind Dale....

Those are some of the highest rated, best loved, and most frequent additions to "best of" lists of all time.

Fallout 1, for example, made Gamespot's GOTY or at least RPG of the year for the year it came out...

The reason their studio is defunct is that their publusher was defunct....the reason for both becoming financially inviable was essentially because people stopped supporting them. *Cruel glare*

That could happen to anyone. Even though they may have made one or two of the best rpgs ever made some way some how they still couldn't recieve enough support. I guess there was not another company that was interested in a murger or a buyout of their services or rather talent. Maybe they couldn't work out a deal with other companies...I don't know but they went out of business.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BobHipJames

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]So, realy, it's not like Oblivion with guns so much as it is Morrowind with guns.RuprechtMonkey

"So when I'm asked to summate about the game, I tend to say that it ---- Is Oblivion with guns --- In all the best ways". -Bethesda

Yes, that's called "Marketing the game." If he had said "Morrowind with guns" a lot of people he would be trying to appeal to would've thought "....Morro-wind??"

I've put more hours into the Elder Scrolls series than 99% of people who have played them, and everything I said was true. Oblivion's two major differences (well, downsides I suppose, as there are other differences that are better when moving from Morrowind to Oblivion, like combat for example) were the levelling system and the environments. Morrowind had a wild and "magical" environment (more similar to that of the Shivering Isles than anything in Oblivion.)

They aren;t applying the levelling nor the extremely large mapsize to Fallout (as they did in Oblivion, and as it turned out larger meant "Larger but more repetitive.") They've said they're shrinking it down and tightening it up (and hopefully that translates to a more "Magical" landscape.)

And yes, I know you're just going to vomit out the same stuff you've said a million times about Bethesda being the devil due to this. In reality though, either NO Fallout game was going to be made, or Bethesda was going to make their own brand of Fallout game. So, the choice is no game, or a game that happens to bear the Fallout name and may or may not be great. Also, to think they are beholden to YOU and your small circle of friends is absolutely laughable, sorry.

http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/Hellforge/Adam-Sessler-Tackles-Diablo-III-Haters/

Haloize the world.

Down with the critics.

Oh, wait.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Vandalvideo
Then I guess I should be grateful I do not define what made the game atmospheric to me by another person's words. How good it is to possess free thought and will.Also, I thought neither you nor the people you were quoting were telling me what to think, yet my seeing the same atmosphere and feel in Fallout 3 is a 'fallacy'. It's truly amazing the effect this game has on certain PC gamers...Verge_6
You're more than welcome to state your opinion, but using erraneous information and observations in such opinion is indeed wrong. All of the tangible evidence that we have, from DIRECT quotes from senior staffers of Bethesda, CLEARLY point to the game's atmosphere not being anything like the original as a matter of *fact*.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="odin2019"]

Yeah I hear you. Thats another thing is that if the dev of the first two fallouts was so good at making games why are they not around any more?

odin2019

Hold up a minute....

I need to interject here: Black Isle studios made Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 and 2, and Icewind Dale....

Those are some of the highest rated, best loved, and most frequent additions to "best of" lists of all time.

Fallout 1, for example, made Gamespot's GOTY or at least RPG of the year for the year it came out...

The reason their studio is defunct is that their publusher was defunct....the reason for both becoming financially inviable was essentially because people stopped supporting them. *Cruel glare*

That could happen to anyone. Even though they may have made one or two of the best rpgs ever made some way some how they still couldn't recieve enough support.

Have you ever played any of them?

The answer is no. Therefore, the reason they didn't receieve enough support is probably, in part, because you didn't give it to them for one reason or another. You and everyone else.

Not like I'm trying to play the world's smallest violin, I just think you should acknowledge the fact that you could play "one or two of the best RPGs ever made" if you wanted to. You could even keep that gravy train rolling if you would:

A) buy the games

B) Try to get other people to support the games, the studios, or the genres.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]Then I guess I should be grateful I do not define what made the game atmospheric to me by another person's words. How good it is to possess free thought and will.Also, I thought neither you nor the people you were quoting were telling me what to think, yet my seeing the same atmosphere and feel in Fallout 3 is a 'fallacy'. It's truly amazing the effect this game has on certain PC gamers...Vandalvideo
You're more than welcome to state your opinion, but using erraneous information and observations in such opinion is indeed wrong. All of the tangible evidence that we have, from DIRECT quotes from senior staffers of Bethesda, CLEARLY point to the game's atmosphere not being anything like the original as a matter of *fact*.

It is official ladies and gents, certain views and feelings regarding things are now regarded as FACT and must be UNIFORM!

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Vandalvideo
If he says he feels or it seems, that is not a logical fallacy. That is a premise that is supported by the facts of the instance.However, if he says "I feel A therefore A is true," that is the fallacy of subjectivism. Unless I missed something, yeah, he didn't commit that fallacy. BobHipJames
*Whips open Hurley* Ignoratio elenchi, the fallacy in which the instances of cases where the premises of an argument are irrelevant to the conclusion. He is more than welcome to his interpretation, but al lthe facts clearly point to his interpretation being wrong. It does not follow that, based on his premises, that the atmosphere is the same.
SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts

I'm really excited for this game!

I bought the Fallout collection a few weeks ago, and i'm really loving Fallout 2. I also really enjoyed Oblivion, so i have faith that these guys will deliver a great game!:)

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 RuprechtMonkey

[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]Yes, that's called "Marketing the game." Vandalvideo
No, marketing is the promotion and selling of products and services. His statement that Fallout was oblivion with guns was in an offcoloured, candid interview that the vast majority of the populous doesn't even know about. His statements do not constitute marketing, they are the personal view based on the gameplay mechanics held by senior staffers in Bethesda, who are making the game themselves.

Here you go, I'll just repost what I originally wrote.... as it is all true. Have fun screaming with your fellow small circle while everyone continues to stand on the sidelines and laugh.

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]So, realy, it's not like Oblivion with guns so much as it is Morrowind with guns.RuprechtMonkey

I've put more hours into the Elder Scrolls series than 99% of people who have played them, and everything I said was true. Oblivion's two major differences (well, "most frequently voiced complaints" I suppose, as there are other differences that are better when moving from Morrowind to Oblivion, like combat for example, and other negatives [though they are positives for some people] that aren't complained about as often... stuff like Pole Arms gone, etc.) were the levelling system and the environments. Morrowind had a wild and "magical" environment (more similar to that of the Shivering Isles exp. than anything in vanilla Oblivion.)

And yes, I know you're just going to vomit out the same stuff you've said a million times about Bethesda being the devil due to this. In reality though, either NO Fallout game was going to be made, or Bethesda was going to make their own brand of Fallout game. So, the choice is no game, or a game that happens to bear the Fallout name that may or may not be great. Easy choice in my book. Also, to think they are beholden to YOU and your small circle of friends is absolutely laughable, sorry.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Vandalvideo
It is official ladies and gents, certain views and feelings regarding things are now regarded as FACT and must be UNIFORM!Verge_6
It is a fact that: A) The dark humour is gone. B) Bethesda has had difficulties creating the light satirical story elements in the original titles. C) Bethesda has taken out the consequence systems of the original titles. D) There have been tons of retcons to the story itself. Fallout and all that the brand name accompanies, is simply not present in this title.
RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
[QUOTE="odin2019"]

BobHipJames

Hold up a minute....

The blame lies with Interplay. Cain/Boyarsky/Anderson (the 3 original creators of Fallout) left in 1998 because of how Interplay was managed. Brian Fargo left in 2003 because of how Titus took majority control of Interplay. Many Black Isle people left because Interplay cancelled Baldur's Gate 3. Interplay's financial situation can be attributed to A) Titus, B) Them trying to get some of their games made into films, C) A shift towards console development which ended poorly and D) Their other games, like Descent and Freespace selling poorly.

Given their genre and budgets, Black Isle games sold pretty well. If Interplay was properly managed, Black Isle would probably be around today. Hell, Obsidian was founded by 6 former Black Isle guys and they're doing really well.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Vandalvideo
Here you go, I'll just repost what I originally wrote.... as it is all true. Have fun screaming with your fellow small circle while everyone continues to stand on the sidelines and laugh.]RuprechtMonkey
It doesn't matter what you said or what your own interpretation is. The facts of the matter is that, in the eyes of the creator of the original, in their explicit wording, is that this game is oblivion with guns.
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 RuprechtMonkey

I'm really excited for this game!

I bought the Fallout collection a few weeks ago, and i'm really loving Fallout 2. I also really enjoyed Oblivion, so i have faith that these guys will deliver a great game!:)

SSJ_Nega

ALL HAIL THE CHOSEN ONE!

Yeah, Fallout 2 was awesome. Mna, it's been years.

This game should be great too. Can't come soon enough.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]It is official ladies and gents, certain views and feelings regarding things are now regarded as FACT and must be UNIFORM!Vandalvideo
It is a fact that: A) The dark humour is gone. B) Bethesda has had difficulties creating the light satirical story elements in the original titles. C) Bethesda has taken out the consequence systems of the original titles. D) There have been tons of retcons to the story itself. Fallout and all that the brand name accompanies, is simply not present in this title.

I think he was talking about visual atmosphere, not game atmosphere.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Verge_6

[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]If he says he feels or it seems, that is not a logical fallacy. That is a premise that is supported by the facts of the instance.However, if he says "I feel A therefore A is true," that is the fallacy of subjectivism. Unless I missed something, yeah, he didn't commit that fallacy. Vandalvideo
*Whips open Hurley* Ignoratio elenchi, the fallacy in which the instances of cases where the premises of an argument are irrelevant to the conclusion. He is more than welcome to his interpretation, but al lthe facts clearly point to his interpretation being wrong. It does not follow that, based on his premises, that the atmosphere is the same.

So, how am I wrong about how I feel, when you don't even know how/what/why I feel?

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Vandalvideo
I think he was talking about visual atmosphere, not game atmosphere. organic_machine
Atmosphere qua atmosphere.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Vandalvideo
So, how am I wrong about how I feel, when you don't even know how/what/why I feel?Verge_6
It is not that you're wrong about how you feel, it is that how you feel doesn't support the conclusion. It is the ignoratio elenchi fallacy. All of the facts clearly point to the atmosphere being different.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
[QUOTE="odin2019"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="odin2019"]

BobHipJames

Hold up a minute....

That could happen to anyone. Even though they may have made one or two of the best rpgs ever made some way some how they still couldn't recieve enough support.

Have you ever played any of them?

The answer is no. Therefore, the reason they didn't receieve enough support is probably, in part, because you didn't give it to them for one reason or another. You and everyone else.

Not like I'm trying to play the world's smallest violin, I just think you should acknowledge the fact that you could play "one or two of the best RPGs ever made" if you wanted to. You could even keep that gravy train rolling if you would:

A) buy the games

B) Try to get other people to support the games, the studios, or the genres.

Just because I didn't buy their game or games doesn't mean that couldn't have been a big success without me. When the majority of gamers don't buy a game for whatever reason then thats just the way it goes. I guess the game just didn't appeal to enough people out there to match their desires for what they wanted in a game. Still though people might not have been impressed enough with what they saw to go out and buy 1 or 2 of the previous Fallout games apparantely other gaming companies didn't see enough talent either in the company to invest in a merger or buyout the company. So its not just the gamers.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]It is official ladies and gents, certain views and feelings regarding things are now regarded as FACT and must be UNIFORM!Vandalvideo

Such a pity that those things only, at best, slightly set the mood and atmosphere for me. Oops, wait, that's right, I'm not allowed to think that, off to the re-education center!

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]So, how am I wrong about how I feel, when you don't even know how/what/why I feel?Vandalvideo
It is not that you're wrong about how you feel, it is that how you feel doesn't support the conclusion. It is the ignoratio elenchi fallacy. All of the facts clearly point to the atmosphere being different.

But you don't even know what set the atmosphere for me, so who are you to decide it cannot possibly be the same for me?

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 RuprechtMonkey

[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]Here you go, I'll just repost what I originally wrote.... as it is all true. Have fun screaming with your fellow small circle while everyone continues to stand on the sidelines and laugh.]Vandalvideo
It doesn't matter what you said or what your own interpretation is. The facts of the matter is that, in the eyes of the creator of the original, in their explicit wording, is that this game is oblivion with guns.

The best part is that you don't seem to realize it also doesn't matter what you have been saying, at all (especailly sad seeing as you say it so often.) Everything I said about the mechanics is 100% factual though.

Truth:

It was no game, or this game.

Truth:

You have the option to buy it or ignore it.

Don't like it that it exists, or how it plays, then choose to ignore it.

If I didn't like the Elder Scrolls series I would surely be choosing to ignore it, I would be miffed seeing as I like Fallout but I would not be sad enough to waste my time spouting nonsensical arguments against the very existence of the new game or the creators behind it. Luckily I like the Elder Scrolls, which this will resemble (moreso Morrowind than Oblivion,) so I'll give it a go.

And once again, for good measure:

So many "Q.F.T.'s"

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]So, how am I wrong about how I feel, when you don't even know how/what/why I feel?Verge_6

But you don't even know what set the atmosphere for me, so who are you to decide it cannot possibly be the same for me?

What set the atmosphere for you?
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Vandalvideo
But you don't even know what set the atmosphere for me, so who are you to decide it cannot possibly be the same for me?Verge_6
Fallout is more than a game, it is a brand name, and brand names incorporate everything that made the brand name what it is today. Those elements are; the dark humour, the light satirical story, the consequences, and the overall freedom to play the game however you want. These are the things that define fallout as a brand name, and these are the things that people have come to expect from such a title. When these things are absent, it doesn't live up to the brand name.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Vandalvideo
The best part is that you don't seem to realize it also doesn't matter what you have been saying, at all (especailly sad seeing as you say it so often.) Everything I said about the mechanics is 100% factual though.RuprechtMonkey
Everything you've said is your interpretation of the empirical phenomena. The owners of the series themselves have explicitly stated that the game is oblivion with guns. Their interpretation superscedes your own.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
I don't personally understand what this has to do with "hermits" - being a PC game vs. a console game shouldn't change quality or ability to be an intelligent RPG.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]So, how am I wrong about how I feel, when you don't even know how/what/why I feel?RobbieH1234

What set the atmosphere for you?

Ah, I am SO very glad you asked. What really set the atmosphere for me was the setting of destroyed civilization, seeing mankind slowly rebuild itself while simultaneously tearing itself down once again, human nature overcoming all, fighting for survival, the pseudo-1950's gadgetry...

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#81 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16020 Posts
Of course that's what they're going to say. All developers say that about their games these days.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]But you don't even know what set the atmosphere for me, so who are you to decide it cannot possibly be the same for me?Vandalvideo
Fallout is more than a game, it is a brand name, and brand names incorporate everything that made the brand name what it is today. Those elements are; the dark humour, the light satirical story, the consequences, and the overall freedom to play the game however you want. These are the things that define fallout as a brand name, and these are the things that people have come to expect from such a title. When these things are absent, it doesn't live up to the brand name.

...In the name of Christ, what does it living up to its brandname or not have to do with how I feel about the atmosphere? You are certainly adept at pointing out certain types of fallacies and other intriciacies of logic and reasoning, yet you are completely forgetting about basics like 'preferences' and 'opinions'.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Vandalvideo
...In the name of Christ, what does it living up to its brandname or not have to do with how I feel about the atmosphere? Verge_6
The brand name is the amalgom of everything that defines the series. It is the brand name that sets the expectations of the consumers for the product itself. The atmosphere is part of the brand name, which is defined by a myriad of set parameters. When these are not met, it is not the same. The things that define "fallout" are gone. Its as simple as that.
Avatar image for FantasySports02
FantasySports02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 FantasySports02
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts

[QUOTE="swamplord666"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I wanted this game so bad. I was so hyped. Then I started seeing more gameplay videos. :( This is Oblivion with guns, and I absolutely despise Oblivion.BioShockOwnz

yeah i got the same impression. but luckily it seems to do enough differently for it not to be a problem. even though i won't be getting it because of finances, i do hope it'll do well.

Another thing I'm concerned about is the depressing browns. How fun will this large and open world be to explore? I was bored of Oblivion, yet atleast it had some color to it.

The only reason Oblivion sucked was cause the enemies level'd up with you. If they fix that, I think fallout will be good.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]...In the name of Christ, what does it living up to its brandname or not have to do with how I feel about the atmosphere? Vandalvideo
The brand name is the amalgom of everything that defines the series. It is the brand name that sets the expectations of the consumers for the product itself. The atmosphere is part of the brand name, which is defined by a myriad of set parameters. When these are not met, it is not the same. The things that define "fallout" are gone. Its as simple as that.

It's gone for you. It isn't for me. Deal. Once again, I am confounded how you seem to be so knowledgable about fallacies and whatnot, yet you completely overlook personal opinion and preferences. In fact, I think I am a bit disturbed by this conversation.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Vandalvideo
It's gone for you. It isn't for me. Deal. Once again, I am confounded how you seem to be so knowledgable about fallacies and whatnot, yet you completely overlook personal opinion and preferences.Verge_6
Fine, I'll set it out nice and clear for you. According to oxford english dictionary, atmosphere is the pervading tone and mood. Tone is the general character. Character is the qualities of distinctive nature. In other words, atmosphere is the pervading general qualities of a distinctive nature for a product. These qualities are defiend by the brand name, which also defines the expectations of the consumer. When those distinctive qualities are GONE, the atmosphere is different.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]It's gone for you. It isn't for me. Deal. Once again, I am confounded how you seem to be so knowledgable about fallacies and whatnot, yet you completely overlook personal opinion and preferences.Vandalvideo
Fine, I'll set it out nice and clear for you. According to oxford english dictionary, atmosphere is the pervading tone and mood. Tone is the general character. Character is the qualities of distinctive nature. In other words, atmosphere is the pervading general qualities of a distinctive nature for a product. These qualities are defiend by the brand name, which also defines the expectations of the consumer. When those distinctive qualities are GONE, the atmosphere is different.

...This is quite scary. I'm dead serious.

Vortec33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Vortec33
Member since 2005 • 685 Posts

Got to love that nostalgia. They..just..can't get....over..it.

(wow those fallout 2 graphics.. LOL... and there wasn't as much Role playing as you remember :) )

Oh look Tommy if I put another point here my conversation is slightly different! It's amazing!! Yes it is!! Ok gonna play Bauldur's gate, see ya.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#90 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
Wow, the hate for this game grows ever more. However, it is still one of my most anticipated titles for this year. The whole post nuclear war environment looks fantastic, and extremely atmospheric in a "my god, can you believe what happened" sort of way. On top of that, the game just looks like it will be fun as hell to me. Then again, I always end up loving Bethesda's games, and Oblivion was no exception, despite it's faults. Cannot wait, myself.
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 RuprechtMonkey

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]It's gone for you. It isn't for me. Deal. Once again, I am confounded how you seem to be so knowledgable about fallacies and whatnot, yet you completely overlook personal opinion and preferences.Verge_6

...This is quite scary. I'm dead serious.

hahah, yeah it is. He doesn't realize it though, I'm not sure he's completely capable of doing so.

Anyway, can't post in this thread anymore. I'm being moderated for every post I make (for whatever reason, I thought I was being civil, but whatever. Guess someone has thin skin.)

It's one part sad, one part disturbing, one part funny. Like a clown riding a bicycle at night.

Vortec33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Vortec33
But in fallout 2 I could raise my gambling skill a bit and have infinite money!!!!! I bet Fallout 3 won't be nearly that COOL!
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
Oh god a Noob friendly oblivion with guns?? I don't even want to try it anymore but I still will.
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 RuprechtMonkey

Oh god a Noob friendly oblivion with guns?? I don't even want to try it anymore but I still will.Espada12

OMG Noobs! Am I Rite?

Vortec33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Vortec33
Dont hate that large boring tunnel you speak of is EPIC! How could I have forgotten it? (very easy actaully. wow that did suck and the rest about as good)
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]Oh god a Noob friendly oblivion with guns?? I don't even want to try it anymore but I still will.RuprechtMonkey

OMG Noobs! Am I Rite?

Eh I don't mean it in anyway as this game has no mulitplayer I mean it as in a this game will be too easy kinda of way!

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 RuprechtMonkey

Dont hate that large boring tunnel you speak of is EPIC! How could I have forgotten it? (very easy actaully. wow that did suck and the rest about as good)Vortec33

I DEMAND ANTS, I DEMAND SCORPIONS (AND NOTHING ELSE) I DEMAND ONLY PUNCHES AND KICKS. Boredom must somehow be incorporated into the beginning of Fallout 3, or Bethesda should be killed. Slow, discouraging start is part of the brand!

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#99 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
Let's not blame Bethesda, I mean they have to pay for their lamborghinis... They could only afford some cheaps Ferrary with low-profile release like Morrowind...
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 RuprechtMonkey

Lol, my last post was actually moderated. Hmm, maybe it was the word "punch." No, could've been the word "Kick." Though, I think it was the word "Tunnel," that comes close to crossing the line. Now I remember why this forum is so silly, it's not just the ridiculous content after all.

Anyway...

*returns to GiantBomb*