Faceoff: Batman Arkham Knight.

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@tormentos said:
@mems_1224 said:

So then you admit its better to buy a PC instead. Great, glad we agree.

No if you like Uncharted or any PS4 exclusive no,it depends if you have the cash for a better than PS4 PC yes it is,if you don't why bother most PC out there are not even over PS4 level in power.

But how is that relevant to what i say.? The xbox one was more expensive,the PS4 was cheaper than a PC so i don't yet your point,well i do get that you hide on PC again to defend your lovable xbox brand..lol

@commander said:

generic game 7/10

Hahahahaa on this site is generic on meta it has 89% that is higher than any xbox one exclusive this gen so far..lol

But what does been generic or bad had to do with my thread which isn't about reviews is about performance.?

That damage control...

@draign said:

"Impressively, as of patch 1.02 playback on Sony's platform is even more polished than results we experienced in our review code - and the fully patched Xbox One release surpasses this older Sony build too. It's a very solid 30fps turnout for both, and in light of the frame-pacing issues experienced in recent games, a real breath of fresh air."

Tormentos fails to highlight this.

What can't you read the patch make the xbox one version beat the OLD PS4 version before the patch.

Here let me help you.

Unpatch.

PS4 >> xbox one

Patch

PS4 >> Xbox one

Patch xbox one Unpatch PS4

XBO >> PS4.

Learn to read the PS4 version is smoother and has higher resolution is a win for sony.

The comparison post patch is not mentioned anywhere, neither are the previous issues that plagued both versions. How about you learn to read before creating shit threads?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@parkurtommo said:
@mems_1224 said:
@DocSanchez said:

@mems_1224: Average game? No. Fantastic game.

nah, so far its the worst arkham game for me. batmobile is fucking awful.

How is it awfuk? Beautiful design, solid controls, wonderful sense of speed coupled with the destructive environment. I don't think the batmobile is awful.

Are you using the batmobile to move around between missions? Because that's probably what would make the game saturated with batmobile gameplay.

The tank parts are just boring and having to constantly switcher between batman and the batmobile to solve puzzles sucks. They force you to use it too much.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@parkurtommo said:
@mems_1224 said:
@DocSanchez said:

How is it awfuk? Beautiful design, solid controls, wonderful sense of speed coupled with the destructive environment. I don't think the batmobile is awful.

Are you using the batmobile to move around between missions? Because that's probably what would make the game saturated with batmobile gameplay.

The tank parts are just boring and having to constantly switcher between batman and the batmobile to solve puzzles sucks. They force you to use it too much.

Eh, I suppose. But like I said if you refrain from using the batmobile when you don't have to then it feels refreshing to use the batmobile. I actually really enjoy the remote batmobile puzzle stuff, it feels like I'm controlling two characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Looks like a technical feat on Ps4. But I guess chromatic aberration is here to stay. Sigh...

What is wrong with these devs :/

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
@parkurtommo said:

Eh, I suppose. But like I said if you refrain from using the batmobile when you don't have to then it feels refreshing to use the batmobile. I actually really enjoy the remote batmobile puzzle stuff, it feels like I'm controlling two characters.

Yeah, I really dig the batmobile. I mean, having Eddie say "hey batman here's a riddle DO A RACE". That's a bit weird, but **** it, that thing is cool.

Not to mention the sound design for it is so good. I love blazing through Gotham.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

Hmmm Graphic face off thread by Tormentos. Fairly certain the PS4 won based on that. It's probably 1080p vs 900p blah blah blah.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

Game is shit. Wasn't even going to get it before the awful PC port.

Arkham series is horribly overrated and boring.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

It looks decent on both I think... I've been pretty happy with performance on Xbone. And I saw the PS4 version at my cousin's house and it seems slightly sharper. But overall, very little difference,

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@commander said:

Never cared about batman

The game does nothing new as well. They try to mimic spiderman in a rainy gotham city with a film grain filter.

As far as current gen games go this game is pretty generic.

I would say if graphics is really your thing get a pc but... it doesn't work. Well at least you got a new game on your shitty ps4

Which mean total shit as other do like it.

Halo doesn't do anything new either Forza either,gears you name it.

That last sentence is utterly stupid as is the xbox one the one without a new game since October 2014..lol

@cainetao11 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

So basically another comparison where DF needs to point out the differences. Any real gamer who would be playing it on both consoles wouldn't notice the difference. Got it.

Another major win for Sony.

Just had a friend in Somers, NY do it at his BBQ like 10 days ago. Used Shadow of Mordor, 900p X1 vs 1080p PS4. 6 gamers, myself included could not tell the difference on a 37" HDTV, and a 40" HDTV. Two major cows in the group and they had a good laugh at themselves. Really good guys from my brothers FDNY troop. But as we all said afterwards this is splitting hairs.

That is funny because SOM has more foliage on PS4 as well as higher resolution so if you didn't notice the missing foliage maybe you were to drunk.

@commander said:
@draign said:

"Impressively, as of patch 1.02 playback on Sony's platform is even more polished than results we experienced in our review code - and the fully patched Xbox One release surpasses this older Sony build too. It's a very solid 30fps turnout for both, and in light of the frame-pacing issues experienced in recent games, a real breath of fresh air."

Tormentos fails to highlight this.

yeah the faster cpu is something you can't hide. But it runs at 1080peeeuuuh

The game runs better on PS4,what it say there is that the patch xbox one version run better than the non patch PS4 version,but the patch PS4 version still is the fastest read the closing comments...

whether you go with Microsoft or Sony's hardware - though the preference is with the clarity of PS4's 1080p output. Also weighing in the slightly smoother performance overall when gliding through Gotham's streets, it's fair to say this is the technical champ of the two.

Butbutbut the faster CPU is something you can't hide...hahaha CPU advantage deny...lol

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

yay, ps4 gets another slightly better version of an average game. $400 well spent.

you can taste the salt

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos

@draign said:

The comparison post patch is not mentioned anywhere, neither are the previous issues that plagued both versions. How about you learn to read before creating shit threads?

whether you go with Microsoft or Sony's hardware - though the preference is with the clarity of PS4's 1080p output. Also weighing in the slightly smoother performance overall when gliding through Gotham's streets, it's fair to say this is the technical champ of the two.

Closing comments buffoon The PS4 is smoother after the patch,and in fact what the xbox one version is faster is the OLD VERSION it is say very clear in no place it say the xbox one version is faster than the PS4 patched is say old version lol... Learn to read.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#62 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@tormentos: Wasn't keen on looking for foliage counts. Just trying to see if the resolution difference is this big massive deal that people like you make it out to be. I wasn't drunk because none of us started knocking them back until after the kids go to sleep. Matt and Mike the Sony fanboys were really funny though, and great sports. They couldn't tell the difference just like the rest of us. But like Matt said "I still prefer PS games" and I think that's great. Play what you like.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Oh another DF thread where molehills are gigantic mountains.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64  Edited By True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@True_Gamer_ said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@True_Gamer_ said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The pc version was bad, because pc gamers do not buy games with publishers responding by not caring.

A sad truth.

Thats why EA took 5 years to port FIFA to PC SAME AS LAST GEN? Oh wait...

Sadly, when Dragon Age, a franchise, based off a pc franchise transitions almost immediately to console focus to improve sales, the original comment appears unarguably true.

So piracy for FIFA was reduced for EA to release its most expensive franchise (COUNTING LISCENCE COST!) in 10 months?

Last gen PC had piracy and this gen doesnt?

Why 2k ported NBA to PC after 10 months?

It is very strange how you avoid spewing a single word on what I write....

You must be afraid to face facts

Using opinions against facts will not change the reality of the situation. Facts where given, pc gaming in it's current form is at an end, nothing can stop that; for it is now a port machine, a glorified console, in the case of Arkham Knight - not even that.

Enough words, at least have it die with an ounce of dignity.

Last gen PC didnt even get ports due to piracy

Dig Distr changed that

So sad that there is ZERO reason to buy a console this gen

If PC is at an end I guess what consoles are? DEAD?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

PS4 still has those Scarcrow Missions coming.

Not coming. The Scarecrow missions are already out. The Scare codes are right in the PS4 box. Just fyi.

There is a lot of Day One DLC for this game. I got Harley Quinn for reserving it, Wayne Booster for reserving it, Red Hood for reserving it, Scarecrow due to Playstation, and New 52 skins and outfits with Playstation free in the box.

As a bonus, it's nice that I own a 1080p HDTV instead of a 900p HDTV since the PS4 version is 1080p.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

yay, ps4 gets another slightly better version of an average game. $400 well spent.

lol. I actually thought it was a good thing that I had a PS4 sitting around. One of those rare situation in which the PC gets crapped on and I was actually going to use my PS4 for a multiplat! Such a win right?

Then it turned out that the game was average indeed. Should have spent my money on something else, but hindsight can be a bitch like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Batman is a great game, doesn't matter what console anyone gets it on you just need to get it. I'm enjoying the hell out the game and it's definitely one of the best games I've played this year.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007: Really, I don't think it that great!

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@rrjim1:

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to that. I'm enjoying the game.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

what ever helps you sleep at night

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@the_master_race said:
@mems_1224 said:
@DocSanchez said:

much worse than Arkham: Origins ?

Yeah. Arkham Origins was almost as good as Arkham City if you look at it like an expansion.

But I agree, the Batmobile is novel but it is weak and designing the game around it was a poor choice.

Also the graphics weren't as good as I thought it was going to be.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It's a shame hermits don't get to enjoy finished games.

A particularly amusing comment this gen.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

So basically another comparison where DF needs to point out the differences. Any real gamer who would be playing it on both consoles wouldn't notice the difference. Got it.

Meantime 1000's and 1000's of gamers are playing the PS4, XB1 and PC version. lol!! It's better on my platform, yet gamers are enjoying it on ALL platforms. Funny how that works out. I do have to PS4 version of the game myself, but Fallout 4 and SW: Battlefront will be on my XB1. Sad they screwed up the PC version of Batman, but we all know it will get patched to death and finally be fixed. Modder will probably get it fixed before the developers.

OdiusOdium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By OdiusOdium
Member since 2015 • 55 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Just had a friend in Somers, NY do it at his BBQ like 10 days ago. Used Shadow of Mordor, 900p X1 vs 1080p PS4. 6 gamers, myself included could not tell the difference on a 37" HDTV, and a 40" HDTV. Two major cows in the group and they had a good laugh at themselves. Really good guys from my brothers FDNY troop. But as we all said afterwards this is splitting hairs.

See where you went wrong with the "test" yet?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I love how Tormentos flip flops on whether Digital Foundry is legit or not when making these faceoff threads.

"DF Running Damage control for the XBO again."

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@GoldenElementXL said:

I love how Tormentos flip flops on whether Digital Foundry is legit or not when making these faceoff threads.

he's already been caught backpedaling for his use of MC only when it supports his agenda. This is just another reason to not take him seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

LOL a Tormented Thread.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts
@KingsofQueens said:

LOL a Tormented Thread.

demacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By demacabre
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

The PC port is a damned shame. With that said, this ranks only behind Asylum for me as I loved the strong metroidvania elements in that first installment that seemed lacking since. I am not part of the Arkham City fanclub. I mean it was good, namely the Mr. Freeze fight, but it felt clunky and a mess compared to Arkham Knight in overworld design. Plus, F the riddler crap going on in it - it feels like you can't go a minute in Arkham city without the side of a building plasted with green question marks.

Arkham Knight also loses to Asylum for me because the implementation of the Batmobile is just too heavy. I like the batmobile but if they dialed it back a little, I'd would have liked it more.

Never played Origins as I heard it was complete shite from people I trust.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Sony for the western gamers who like batman

Xbone dunno who its for

PC got some crap port whipped up in a bout week by some unknowns

SONYMASTER RACE other races not close im gonna get this game an bloodborne on ps4 literally dont' need to touch my pc anymore or xbone

this companys for the gamers run by gamers ps4 is for the players greatness is here u can get this game this good on anything else period its just wow ps4 is this gen's winner easily it won the gen stuff like this is why it did

where is microsoft bloodborne? where is there 1080p batman wehre there blops 3 first dlc

wake me up when u find that stuff

sony the master race

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@skelly34 said:

So let me guess:

Every console exclusive, or multiplat that does better on consoles are crap?

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@ermacness said:
@skelly34 said:

So let me guess:

Every console exclusive, or multiplat that does better on consoles are crap?

I have always hated the Arkham series. I have ever since I played Asylum. Asylum was decent for a while, but halfway through I realized the entire game was just spamming X in combat, collecting shit and desperately looking for situations to use your gadgets. Later, I got origins free with a graphics card purchase, I played it for about 2 hours before quitting and never touching it again. Get that? I got an Arkham game for free and I still didn't want to play it, Terribly overrated series.

My opinion has nothing to do with the port. Besides, The port is going to be fixed in a couple weeks and, even then, I'm still not going to buy it.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos: YYAAAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN...

Oh, I'm sorry. Were you trying to make huge issue about minor differences again?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#84 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

It sucks that the PC version released the way it did, but it will be a lot better than the console version once everything is patched. The consoles may have temporarily won the battle, but the PC always wins the war. :)

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Hahaha another I don't play games i play graphics and sales thread by El Tormented

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Oh, I'm sorry. Were you trying to make huge issue about minor differences again?

No minor were last gen you know 640p vs 720p but you lemmings could not stop inflating the gap,now this gen you are all blind and can't see 720p vs 1080p and 900p vs 1080p hell you don't even see 30 FPS vs 50 or 60..lol

@GoldenElementXL said:

Oh is not fli flop at all reporting a difference and reporting some contradicting him self are 2 different things but you would not know that because you are a blind lemming who hide on PC and hate cows..lol

The amount of visually compromised 720p/792p titles appearing on Xbox One dwindled as the year progressed, while the 900p/1080p differential turned out to be much less pronounced than the raw maths suggested. Indeed, as the major titles rolled out in Q4, we saw resolution parity in key titles such as GTA 5, FIFA 15, Destiny and Assassin's Creed Unity. On other tentpole games like Far Cry 4 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, PS4 maintained a resolution advantage, but raw pixel count wasn't the most crucial element of image quality (though it played much more of a role in the multiplayer portion of COD).

This guy downplaying Richard Leadbetter is a know MS suck up every one on Neogaf has tad him as so,you can see him here downplaying the difference between xbox one and PS4 in resolution as less pronounce than the raw math suggest.

The results are clear enough. The 270/270X mostly delivers the 1080p60 experience we crave, but under stress both cards fall behind the PS4 performance. Bearing in mind that the AMD cards are still delivering a massive 44 per cent boost in resolution over the PS4 game

And this is the same damn Moron Richard Leadbetter claiming that the difference between 900 and 1080p is a massive 44% but then again this is PC vs PS4 not xbox one vs PS4,and before you say shit hes argument isn't about quality but about resolution since that article admit that 1080p the R270 falls some time below the PS4 in frames which having similar set up to those of consoles because that is what the test was make for to determine what you need it on PC for 1080p 60FPS.

Now that article you just quoted gained him an uproar on neogaf and a barrage of comments making fun of his biased ass,if 900p vs 1080p is massive when is PC vs PS4 it most be fu**ing massive when is xbox one vs PS4 because that is call linearity,worse the PS4 has 1080p games over 720p games on xbox.

If 44% is massive what is 100+ % like it was the case in other games,oh by the way that article happen right around when some games were say to still be 720p on xbox one.

Now prove i was flip flopping because i pointed with LINKS what a biased guy who supposedly analyse graphics was saying.

Now does this article was written by Richard Leadbetter.?

@kingtito said:

Hahaha another I don't play games i play graphics and sales thread by El Tormented

@KingsofQueens said:

LOL a Tormented Thread.

MMMMMM same account.? hahahahaa

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@KingsofQueens said:

LOL a Tormented Thread.

MMMMMM same account.? hahahahaa

Nah believe it or not you have a looooottt of people that laugh at your threads and how lame you are. I don't have alts

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#88 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

lol glad I don't play on PC. Nothing but problems and worries with that stuff.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#89  Edited By UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@True_Gamer_ said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The pc version was bad, because pc gamers do not buy games with publishers responding by not caring.

A sad truth.

Thats why EA took 5 years to port FIFA to PC SAME AS LAST GEN? Oh wait...

Sadly, when Dragon Age, a franchise, based off a pc franchise transitions almost immediately to console focus to improve sales, the original comment appears unarguably true.

Don't forget the Witcher series. Witcher 1+2, barely broke 2 million units across 5 different releases. Witcher 3 comes best on next gen consoles, suddenly the sales of that series triple.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

No minor were last gen you know 640p vs 720p but you lemmings could not stop inflating the gap,now this gen you are all blind and can't see 720p vs 1080p and 900p vs 1080p hell you don't even see 30 FPS vs 50 or 60..lol

From your own cut and paste:

On balance, Xbox One shows a trend of more hiccups and tears overall as we glide through the city, though the difference isn't stark. It's not enough to detract from the playing experience on either platform, but it's fair to say PS4 is a smoother performer as an overarching rule. Impressively, as of patch 1.02 playback on Sony's platform is even more polished than results we experienced in our review code - and the fully patched Xbox One release surpasses this older Sony build too. It's a very solid 30fps turnout for both, and in light of the frame-pacingissues experienced in recent games, a real breath of fresh air.

They're about the same. Once again, mountains out of mole hills. Will you ever learn?