Eurogamer reports that Microsoft will unlock 10 percent more power for the XBO

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[quote=""]Xbox 360 GPU 240 GFLOPS for games ,Xbox One GPU 1179 GFLOPS for games Xbox One = 939 GFLOPS advantage over the Xbox 360 Xbox One GPU 1179 GFLOPS for games , PS4 GPU 1843 GFLOPS for games PS4 = 664 GFLOPS advantage over the Xbox One for games. campzor
Soak it in lems.

Usable 1179 vs 1843 is in conflict with the following quote

http://www.edge-online.com/news/gaijin-games-on-why-war-thunder-isnt-coming-to-xbox-one/

How much more powerful?

AY: It depends what youre doing. GPU, like 40 per cent more powerful. DDR5 is basically 50 per cent more powerful than DDR3, but the memory write [performance] is bigger on Xbox One so it depends on what youre doing.

1840/1179 = 1.56 or 56 percent more power.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts
[QUOTE="sebbi11"]

[QUOTE="campzor"][quote=""]Xbox 360 GPU 240 GFLOPS for games ,Xbox One GPU 1179 GFLOPS for games Xbox One = 939 GFLOPS advantage over the Xbox 360 Xbox One GPU 1179 GFLOPS for games , PS4 GPU 1843 GFLOPS for games PS4 = 664 GFLOPS advantage over the Xbox One for games. campzor

Soak it in lems.

Better games + better online > numbers. Sorry cows, we know that you know this, nice try though.

Better games + Better online + Better numbers >>>>>>> "better" games + "better" online Sorry lems.

Better online than Live is a joke, lol Better games is up to each gamer opinion. Better numbers are a fact. How much better in completed games is debatable, lol. Cows reaching today, I tell you :)
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"][quote=""]Xbox 360 GPU 240 GFLOPS for games ,Xbox One GPU 1179 GFLOPS for games Xbox One = 939 GFLOPS advantage over the Xbox 360 Xbox One GPU 1179 GFLOPS for games , PS4 GPU 1843 GFLOPS for games PS4 = 664 GFLOPS advantage over the Xbox One for games.killzowned24

Soak it in lems.

PS4 basically has the power of 3 xbox 360s more than xbone :lol:

Xbox 360's 240 GFLOPS includes it's scalar units (1 scalar + SIMD4 per pipeline) while GCN's FLOPS numbers doesn't include it's scalar processors (for per CU).
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50605 Posts
[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="shawn30"] Its good news in that we always knew a certain portion was reserved for the OS, just never had confirmation. Now we do, and have learned that down the line developers will have a bit more power to work with. So with games that look like Ryse, TitanFall, Forza 5, Battlefield already with the current configuration, a bit more power later on, coupled with much greater optimization of the hardware will yield better results. And you do realize that a portion of the PS4 will be held back for its OS as well, right. All in all this is good news for MS going forward. Its not earth shattering news, but its not bad in any way.

Well, according to lems a 50% stronger GPU won't show much difference in games. So I guess a 10% increase will do nothing.

That gpu power still wont ever be used in a straight line, but configured to the game devs engine and intentions for their game world. PS4 games will never look 50% better than Xbox One games. Never. Will not happen. Will some first party games look better down the line, from devs like ND, possibly. There is no such thing as a perfect system except for the PC cause you can continue to upgrade it. Killzone looks great. Show me one preview where the guy says the game is amazing, fun, and exciting. All anyone says is it looks great. I guess that matters more than quality to some cows. Will certain multiplats play at a higher resolution that the Xbox One versions, maybe, possibly. But that 50% trap alot of cows are falling in, the proof is in the games. And that proof is not there IMHO. And all of that is just graphics as the One does many things the PS4 out the box can't do. And then theres the dedicated servers for all games. But back on topic, PS4 hardware is more powerful than Xbox One hardware. But who will have the best games. Lets wait and see :)

Way to ignore what I said. So you agree the 10% bump X1 might get will make zero difference in games, correct?
DaHater7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 DaHater7
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="danjammer69"]

This is not some magic 10% more power than the system already has. It is just streamlining of resources and trying to get back up to 10% of the power that is currently allotted for other things.

Just saying this because you know some people will come in here claiming that the Xbone has some magic 10% more hidden power available. This power is already there, it is just being used by other processes currently.

Simply put....they are going to optimize the Xbone to try and get power back lost to other apps and processes.

Shewgenja

yes we all knew this. thats why i put xboxiphoneps3 in the OP. he knows we have talked about this and he knows why he is going to eat crow. I guess all these cows arent up to date. lol :roll:

Don't worry, I am sure Ronvalencia will come save you lol

LoL teh alpha blend!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Chutebox  Online
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="sebbi11"]

Better games + better online > numbers. Sorry cows, we know that you know this, nice try though.

shawn30
Better games + Better online + Better numbers >>>>>>> "better" games + "better" online Sorry lems.

Better online than Live is a joke, lol Better games is up to each gamer opinion. Better numbers are a fact. How much better in completed games is debatable, lol. Cows reaching today, I tell you :)

You refuted one of his points and say he's reaching?
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
When speaking of performance polygon per second draw power is horrible for both of the systems. They should be drawing atleast 5-10 billion polygons per second. Wow we got screwed. So much for those textures and framerates.
LiquidMetal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 LiquidMetal14
Member since 2003 • 8196 Posts

I don't log in at all to GS forums anymore but this guy is already been proven a fanboy and would be surprised if the same stuff is tolerated on GAF. There are more dillusional fans out there as well.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 shawn30
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="campzor"] Better games + Better online + Better numbers >>>>>>> "better" games + "better" online Sorry lems.

Only on the part. I recognize the PS4 has faster, more powerful hardware. This isn't up for debate anymore. Where debate can continue is how much better performance can we expect graphically in the long run. That I feel is much closer than 50%. And in launch games I see equal quality thus far. Its the other areas where I feel the Xbox One blows past the PS4. But those things matter to me, may not matter to everyone else and I do recognize that.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Chutebox  Online
[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="shawn30"] Better online than Live is a joke, lol Better games is up to each gamer opinion. Better numbers are a fact. How much better in completed games is debatable, lol. Cows reaching today, I tell you :)

Only on the part. I recognize the PS4 has faster, more powerful hardware. This isn't up for debate anymore. Where debate can continue is how much better performance can we expect graphically in the long run. That I feel is much closer than 50%. And in launch games I see equal quality thus far. Its the other areas where I feel the Xbox One blows past the PS4. But those things matter to me, may not matter to everyone else and I do recognize that.

Games will never look "50%" better, but I think they already look much better. But it's just opinions there so no point.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Here we go again...

Another desperate attempt to try to match the PS4's out-of-the-factory power.

It's funny how many "upclocks, tricks, tweaks, etc.." Microsoft has attempted while Sony has had to do nothing to maintain it's power superiority.

How funny would it be if Sony decided to upclock it's Jaguar and GPU? It would probably put the PS4 over 2 TFLOPs and the XB1 would be looking REALLY BAD.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#112 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Xbone is a weak ass system.
LiquidMetal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 LiquidMetal14

Well, TC got his wish and got banned (from GAF). Enjoy your system wars and stupidity here or on another forum willing to put up with your incompetent fanboy behavior.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Well, TC got his wish and got banned (from GAF). Enjoy your system wars and stupidity here or on another forum willing to put up with your incompetent fanboy behavior.

LiquidMetal14
:lol:
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

LiquidMetal14

You should edit again.  I will take systemwars over that rag anyfay of the week.  The fact that they pay me so much mind means it hurts them that I know they are a bunch of cows in disguise.   It truly is sonygaf.  They are over there trying to say goossen is making this up lol.  I will always be good for a day over there because I tell it like it is.  This is the better forum and always will be.   Sonygaf is crying once again and banning and trying to muddy the water.   Dat bish and those tears.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 XBOunity

[QUOTE="LiquidMetal14"]

campzor

:lol: go read them sonygaffers are still thread whining about me.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 shawn30

LiquidMetal14
You mean Sonygaf, lol. shrugs, whatever man - pot, kettle, black hehehehehe
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 XBOunity

[QUOTE="LiquidMetal14"]

campzor

:lol: go read them sonygaffers are still thread whining about me. Bish doing google searches about me.  Dat epicness :lol:

LA-Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 LA-Nighthawk
Member since 2013 • 335 Posts
LMAO Neogaf members crying over this thread. Nice job OP.
bodde1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 bodde1972
Member since 2013 • 117 Posts

TC ...what a twonk

disgraced.gif

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 XBOunity

[QUOTE="LiquidMetal14"]

shawn30

You arent alloeed to be a fanboy there.  Lol. Lol lol whay a joke over there.  Im glad penello and nelson stoped posting there.   They smartened up

LiquidMetal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LiquidMetal14
No matter what age you are, believe me, we're not the laughing stock. You are also not just being ridiculed for your fanboy falacies there but here as well. Spare me the insult or lol response. Go on and fight for Lord Microsoft here. GAF doesn't need your intellect.

You arent alloeed to be a fanboy there.  Lol. Lol lol whay a joke over there.  Im glad penello and nelson stoped posting there.   They smartened up

Panello was stopped in his tracks when he went on to mention things which he did now fully comprehend. But this is another forum and we are on Gamespot. If you can't keep up with the facts then that's a you problem. Fight your battle here or on another forum. You won't be missed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]That's not exactly true is it? Engineers have tried to clever out a way of giving developers options to prioritize where chunks of this reservation goes at any given time. There is always some amount of resources that'll go to system necessities. It'll always be in at least low-priority mode or whatever. I have no idea how this will actually work or what impact it'll have as I'm not a doctor.XBOunity

microsoft is the best of the best. the article details how they will do it. im sure some reservation is needed, maybe 1 percent? i dont know, heck no 10 percent tho. dat 1.1 is no longer true.

Indeed, we don't know. The specifics of the realities of programming this thingamabob. When it would make sense to do what and how much it would affect anything. When and how frequently and for how long you could free up how much additional resources. In any case I'm not gonna worry/care about it.

I prefer 1:1 for most things, 1:18 scale for model cars and 16:9 for aspect ratios.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 XBOunity

:lol:LiquidMetal14

:lol: go read them sonygaffers are still thread whining about me.

No matter what age you are, believe me, we're not the laughing stock. You are also not just being ridiculed for your fanboy falacies there but here as well. Spare me the insult or lol response. Go on and fight for Lord Microsoft here. GAF doesn't need your intellect.

Ok sonygaffer stay on topic.  Im not a fraud like them.  Systemward is the better forum.  Now back to sonygaf or stay on topic.    The truth is out.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

LiquidMetal14

No one should make the mistake of taking this guy for serious. He'll lie as often as possible to make Microsoft look good, or attempt to rile people up, or whatever it is that drives him.

erc1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 erc1980
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hello New member, first post and with that out of the way.... @XBOunity it's blatantly obvious how much of a MS corporate ballwasher you really are. it truly is sad and pathetic this is definitely not good news for the xbone. and in closing, wash those MS balls and scrub em hard XBOunity, im sure you enjoy it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Oh wait, this person was on GAF? What was he thinking? Waste of time filling in the registration form.
Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Still 1.2 Teras of flop?

Shewgenja
:lol: good one
LA-Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 LA-Nighthawk
Member since 2013 • 335 Posts
Oh wait, this person was on GAF? What was he thinking? Waste of time filling in the registration form.McStrongfast
Waste of time? People are literally making accounts over here because of him, he pissed off quite a few.
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#130 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

:O finally X1 will be able to use the full 1.3tlop of its overlocked GPU lol still long way from 1.8.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 kbanna
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts

I knew I would come here and find some Xbottle posting this as good news. Microsoft just confirmed that 10% of the Xbone GPU has been reserved for Kinect and OS. This is confirmation of a 10% decrease in Xbone GPU peformance, not the other way around.

Reading comprehension for the win, seriously.

Dire_Weasel
I dont disagree with what your saying but lets be practical for a second. Getting beyond the silliness of the "Tech war" what games currently shown on The ps4 are blowing the X1 away in terms of graphics?? Ps4 is 50% faster,capable,powerful...what ever ...right??? So why is it not showing it?? I have not seen a game that looks 50% better then ryse. I think Forza 5 will be the best next gen racer in terms of graphics and score. As a matter of fact every preview Ive read has praised FM5 graphics. Now when you take into account that these games are running at this proposed 10% deficit that you are so proud to harp on, what do you think the games will look like when that gpu gains access to this 10% of reserved power????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Oh the >10% reservation is news to begin with? I haven't been paying attention.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
xbone using gpgpu?????gonna need to steal CU's for that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]Oh wait, this person was on GAF? What was he thinking? Waste of time filling in the registration form.LA-Nighthawk
Waste of time? People are literally making accounts over here because of him, he pissed off quite a few.

Well that's just sad and pointless then.
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 stereointegrity
i swear MS is starting to repeat the things sony has already said.......xbone only has 2 aces and 2 ques....so i doubt it will be doing too much on the compute pipe
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 shawn30
You mean Sonygaf, lol. shrugs, whatever man - pot, kettle, black heheheheheLiquidMetal14

Panello was stopped in his tracks when he went on to mention things which he did now fully comprehend. But this is another forum and we are on Gamespot. If you can't keep up with the facts then that's a you problem. Fight your battle here or on another forum. You won't be missed.

Dude, these are just internet gaming forums. I was banned at gaf minus even a warning and never told why. And yes, lol, I was making a point about the Xbox One that wasn't negative. shrugs. They dont miss me and I don't miss them. I never asked them why or begged to come back, lol. But if you can find even one thread with new MS news thats not destroyed within 2 pages by the pro-sony crowd then you have better vision than me. As crazy and idiotic as SW gets, freedom of speech does live here.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 shawn30

[QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

I knew I would come here and find some Xbottle posting this as good news. Microsoft just confirmed that 10% of the Xbone GPU has been reserved for Kinect and OS. This is confirmation of a 10% decrease in Xbone GPU peformance, not the other way around.

Reading comprehension for the win, seriously.

kbanna

I dont disagree with what your saying but lets be practical for a second. Getting beyond the silliness of the "Tech war" what games currently shown on The ps4 are blowing the X1 away in terms of graphics?? Ps4 is 50% faster,capable,powerful...what ever ...right??? So why is it not showing it?? I have not seen a game that looks 50% better then ryse. I think Forza 5 will be the best next gen racer in terms of graphics and score. As a matter of fact every preview Ive read has praised FM5 graphics. Now when you take into account that these games are running at this proposed 10% deficit that you are so proud to harp on, what do you think the games will look like when that gpu gains access to this 10% of reserved power????

What you are doing is asking for proof of claims instead of just mindlessly pointing at specs. He is a Sony fanboy. You do not speak his language, lol. You do not want too.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 stereointegrity
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191007/inside_the_playstation_4_with_mark_.php?page=2 read this xboxunity...has alot to deal with what we talked about yesterday
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#139 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

MS is even counting the batteries of the controller to add to the overall power of the console. :lol:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Chutebox  Online
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191007/inside_the_playstation_4_with_mark_.php?page=2 read this xboxunity...has alot to deal with what we talked about yesterday

It'll start or contain "We'll see..."
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

This is hilarious.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191007/inside_the_playstation_4_with_mark_.php?page=2 read this xboxunity...has alot to deal with what we talked about yesterday

maybe.....still they the whole title from eurogamer is BS...they arent unlocking anything just simply moving resources away from kinect to help better games.....which still wont ammount to much...its still 1.3TF no matter how MS spins it
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 stereointegrity
and unity just got banned off gaf.....sigh
Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Why is that these threads.Always get so much pages:P.

risseer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 risseer23
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

You can't read for shit,MS had to gimp the PGU so it can use Kinect/Snap.Sony has a very lean OS, and this whole thing about balance is BS.Ps4 is a more powerful more efficient console.You are in denial MS is quoted saying Xbox one isn't about graphics.Now that a slew of developers have came out and said their is a 50% power difference.Dude get your head out of MS ass and understand this isn't Ps3 vs 360.MS does not have the secret sauce that will put their console on par with Sony's.If J Allard was running the Xbox division I would bet Xbox one would be a more powerful console.Don Mattrick push for a more media driven console and it shows.I just find it funny that you think MS is upgrading their console while in fact it's less powerful then the 1.3TF. 

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 kbanna
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191007/inside_the_playstation_4_with_mark_.php?page=2 read this xboxunity...has alot to deal with what we talked about yesterday

maybe.....still they the whole title from eurogamer is BS...they arent unlocking anything just simply moving resources away from kinect to help better games.....which still wont ammount to much...its still 1.3TF no matter how MS spins it

And I say again, that games like Ryse and FM5 are possible with the current configuration (10% deficit going to kinect and os). Graphic wise, right now at least, X1''s best offering are on par with PS4's. So when they gain access to this 10% gpu, games can only look better.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 shawn30

You can't read for shit,MS had to gimp the PGU so it can use Kinect/Snap.Sony has a very lean OS, and this whole thing about balance is BS.Ps4 is a more powerful more efficient console.You are in denial MS is quoted saying Xbox one isn't about graphics.Now that a slew of developers have came out and said their is a 50% power difference.Dude get your head out of MS ass and understand this isn't Ps3 vs 360.MS does not have the secret sauce that will put their console on par with Sony's.If J Allard was running the Xbox division I would bet Xbox one would be a more powerful console.Don Mattrick push for a more media driven console and it shows.I just find it funny that you think MS is upgrading their console while in fact it's less powerful then the 1.3TF. 

risseer23
Waiting for the games to show this amazing power difference. You Sony guys are hyping the PS4 to the moon. Its more powerful than the One but not nearly like a ton of you are claiming. As for the OS, please, the One will have many more features by far.
kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 kbanna

risseer23
Where is your Proof/games? What games on the PS4 look 50% better then Ryse and FM5??
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 shawn30
[QUOTE="kbanna"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] It'll start or contain "We'll see..."

And I say again, that games like Ryse and FM5 are possible with the current configuration (10% deficit going to kinect and os). Graphic wise, right now at least, X1''s best offering are on par with PS4's. So when they gain access to this 10% gpu, games can only look better.

And you can add to that both companies will continue to optimize the hell out of their consoles, so both will show growth graphically. Game development isn't a straight line. It never will be. Man you cows are again setting yourselves up for a major fall. The difference in graphics between the systems won't be so huge they make a difference at all. So far they haven't. We've already seen a bunch of 2014 games and again, no change there either so far. Again, devs will pull and yank each system apart to give each its best according to its strengths while minimizing its weaknesses. But this 50% better graphics is not ever going to occur. And if TitanFall represents what I can expect in 2014 Im perfectly fine with what the One can do :)
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
The differences between the X1 and PS4 will be minor with multiplat games, there is no PS4 being 50% faster/better..... The difference between the gpu's is 30% in processing power and both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses. The fact that both consoles have only weak cpu's that are only allocating 6 cores for games and having to allocate 3-3.5gb for OS and features leaves only so much resources to things. We have no idea what the PS4 will allocate from its gpu for different work loads such as its upcoming gimmicks with voice and face recognition or whatever.