EDGE: The next Xbox: Always online, no 2ndHand games, 50GB Bluray and new kinect

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Always online seems far fetched. Not everyone has internet, so those people get left out? I dont think so. Heil68

The profit increase from no used games, mandatory LIVE fees and target specific advertising would outweigh the loss from people without web access.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
I enjoyed the most but that does not mean I love Microsoft CanYouDiglt
LOL
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Always online seems far fetched. Not everyone has internet, so those people get left out? I dont think so. tenaka2

The profit increase from no used games, mandatory LIVE fees and target specific advertising would outweigh the loss from people without web access.

If they want to make that gamble it's their gain or their loss. My motto is to not fix something unless it's broken and it's my understanding the indusrty has been profitiable for MS this generation.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

And exponentially growing digital distribution will make them run back. Many third-party developers like CD Project realized already that piracy =/= lost sales. A developper can live with piracy providing a fair price for their games adn generating fan loyalty.

CD Project will sell more copies of W3 next gen becuase they showed their trust towards PC Gamers, and pc gamers will pay them with same coin.

StormyJoe

Gabe has been quoted. "The way to beat piracy, is to provide a better service". That is why Steam does so well. Many people I know use piracy as a means of testing a game to see if they enjoy it. The reason for this, the lack of PC demo's. The latest DMC game had a console demo, yet the PC version did not. To me, I don't know how well DMC will run on my PC as there is no demo to try it and I'm not looking to forward to dropping £30 on a game that might run like crap.

Then, you should become a console gamer and alleviate that burden.

And go back to sub HD, online fee's, no mods, sub 30FPS, P2P MP gaming? Not a chance.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

And exponentially growing digital distribution will make them run back. Many third-party developers like CD Project realized already that piracy =/= lost sales. A developper can live with piracy providing a fair price for their games adn generating fan loyalty. 

CD Project will sell more copies of W3 next gen becuase they showed their trust towards PC Gamers, and pc gamers will pay them with same coin.

jhonMalcovich

Gabe has been quoted. "The way to beat piracy, is to provide a better service". That is why Steam does so well. Many people I know use piracy as a means of testing a game to see if they enjoy it. The reason for this, the lack of PC demo's. The latest DMC game had a console demo, yet the PC version did not. To me, I don't know how well DMC will run on my PC as there is no demo to try it and I'm not looking to forward to dropping £30 on a game that might run like crap.

Exactly, another example, Minecraft, despite the fact of being a DRM-free game, it didn´t stopped him from surpassing 7M copies sold on PC.

And the Minecraft creator Notch himself told this

zzzzz_1326396103.jpg

In the end, PC piracy didn´t stop him to get filthy reach. 7M+ copies sold just on PC.

Ignoring the fact that Notch is an ass and stole most of his code.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Too many rumors to know what's true anymore.

I can see the "no 2nd hand" happening on both nextgen twins.

"Always online" is kind of hard to believe, surely they understand this would gut their sales, especially in places with poor internet.

I'm happy that Kinect will be a seperate thing, I don't want to be forced to buy Kinect.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#157 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I enjoyed the most but that does not mean I love Microsoft Heil68
LOL

To be fair, most 360 owners came from Sega, Nintendo and Sony consoles, in previous gens, and have yet to decide which console to get next gen. But you wouldn't understand, little drone. You love for Sony is hereditary :P

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Always online seems far fetched. Not everyone has internet, so those people get left out? I dont think so. Strakha

If they want to make that gamble it's their gain or their loss. My motto is to not fix something unless it's broken and it's my understanding the indusrty has been profitiable for MS this generation.

Yes but imagine the possiblities, if always online MS can use kinect 2 to look into your living room, if you are skinny they can push protein bar ads at you, fat then you get sliming products.

Torn undies then ads for underwear!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

If you only knew...

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Gabe has been quoted. "The way to beat piracy, is to provide a better service". That is why Steam does so well. Many people I know use piracy as a means of testing a game to see if they enjoy it. The reason for this, the lack of PC demo's. The latest DMC game had a console demo, yet the PC version did not. To me, I don't know how well DMC will run on my PC as there is no demo to try it and I'm not looking to forward to dropping £30 on a game that might run like crap.clyde46

And go back to sub HD, online fee's, no mods, sub 30FPS, P2P MP gaming? Not a chance.

Everything sucks.

Just gotta find what kind of suck you can live with.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

ZombieKiller7

Everything sucks.

I don't have to settle for a sub par experience.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] And go back to sub HD, online fee's, no mods, sub 30FPS, P2P MP gaming? Not a chance.clyde46

Everything sucks.

You already do.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I'm waiting for MS to actually reveal the console.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

Everything sucks.

ZombieKiller7

You already do.

keep telling yourself that buddy.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ReadingRainbow4

This is a very interesting bit of news honestly.

1. it falls in line with previous rumors.

2. It's from EDGE, not known for sensationalist journalism and usually keeps a good head on their shoulders.

It's not looking good lems.

Avatar image for DontGetBigIdeas
DontGetBigIdeas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DontGetBigIdeas
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts
Confirmed not ever touching. Have fun with Kinect 2.0, I'll go play real games.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] I don't have to settle for a sub par experience. clyde46

You already do.

If you are objective, you will realize that gaming is not always fun or perfect on PC.

If you can't acknowledge that, then you're just another fanboy douche (join the club.)

As I said, it's all about the kind of suck you can live with.

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Strakha

This pisses me off on so many level. If I hate a game I buy I deserve the right to sell that piece of trash at a loss. I can't stand having games I hate in my collection i would even give them away for free so I didn't have to look at them and remember my terrible mistake of purchasing them in the first place.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I do hope we get soon some official info for PS4 & Xbox720 since we're getting new rumors every 5 mins eehhhh

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If any console uses an always online DRM, I will simply not buy it.

That's where I draw the line.

Sagem28
Same here, I would abandon the PS4 if they used similar DRM. I'd go Hermit and never look back.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Third parties:  Hey, we are tired of gamers buying our games used.  We don't make any mony from used games that are passed and sold down.

MS:  Ok we have technology to block used games.  But if we implement it, then you can only develop games for our system, as this would put us at a disadvantage.

Third parties:  No problem.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

PC gamers should be worried too. Without a secondhand market to compete against there will be less incentive for companies to have as many bargain bin sales on their digital downloads. 

Yes there will be sales but they will be fewer and further between.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Third parties: Hey, we are tired of gamers buying our games used. We don't make any mony from used games that are passed and sold down.

MS: Ok we have technology to block used games. But if we implement it, then you can only develop games for our system, as this would put us at a disadvantage.

Third parties: No problem.

jimmypsn

Hmm, that's a fairly original twist on all this and who knows, I can almost see some legitimacy to the theory. :o

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ReadingRainbow4

PC gamers should be worried too. Without a secondhand market to compete against there will be less incentive for companies to have as many bargain bin sales on their digital downloads.

Pray_to_me

I'm sure MS kicks themselves ever day that they didn't come up with a system like steam first so they could monopolize it.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Third parties:  Hey, we are tired of gamers buying our games used.  We don't make any mony from used games that are passed and sold down.

MS:  Ok we have technology to block used games.  But if we implement it, then you can only develop games for our system, as this would put us at a disadvantage.

jimmypsn
Sony: sweep the leg go back to watching ads on the dashboard. :lol:
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

jimmypsn
I don't like second hand market,but i as a costumer hace the right to re sell something i legally bought.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

So CD-Keys come to the consoles. 

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
"Microsofts next console will require an Internet connection in order to function, ruling out a second-hand game market for the platform. " I'm having a epically hard time believing that.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

You already do.

ZombieKiller7

If you are objective, you will realize that gaming is not always fun or perfect on PC.

If you can't acknowledge that, then you're just another fanboy douche (join the club.)

As I said, it's all about the kind of suck you can live with.

Where did I say it was perfect?
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Third parties: Hey, we are tired of gamers buying our games used. We don't make any mony from used games that are passed and sold down.

MS: Ok we have technology to block used games. But if we implement it, then you can only develop games for our system, as this would put us at a disadvantage.

Third parties:  Hey Sony, we are gonna be going exlusive with MS this gen because they have all this cool tech to disable used games.  The bane of our existence.  So unless you can do something like this, we are gonna have to cut ties

Sony:  Aww crap, we are broke but contact all Research and Development teams.  We gotta do something quick.  (Patents own anti used games tech)

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Strakha

PC gamers should be worried too. Without a secondhand market to compete against there will be less incentive for companies to have as many bargain bin sales on their digital downloads. 

Pray_to_me

There will always be developers who will want to offer what someone else doesn't. The PC is an open platform and MS, Sony or anyone else has no say over what they can do with their games. As I said in my previous post the vast majority of games I bought for my PC this generation from small developers did not treat me as a criminal and allowed me to re-sell the game. Though I didn't re-sell a single one of them as they were some of the best games I played this gen. I already support these developers a lot but if the big developers try to do something like this across the board the  smaller developers will get every single dollar of mine next gen. Vote with your feet or in the case your money.  That's how capitalism works.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ReadingRainbow4

Third parties: Hey Sony, we are gonna be going exlusive with MS this gen because they have all this cool tech to disable used games. The bane of our existence. So unless you can do something like this, we are gonna have to cut ties

Sony: Aww crap, we are broke but contact all Research and Development teams. We gotta do something quick. (Patents own anti used games tech)

jimmypsn

I'm curious, does MS pay for your internet?

you spin like a corporate shil.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 clyde46

Pray_to_me
GOG, GamersGate, GMG, Amazon etc. PC gaming is not Steam.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#187 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

PC gamers should be worried too. Without a secondhand market to compete against there will be less incentive for companies to have as many bargain bin sales on their digital downloads.

ReadingRainbow4

I'm sure MS kicks themselves ever day that they didn't come up with a system like steam first so they could monopolize it.

Who's to say they would take that route? They'd probably try and take your money & run for the frickin hills anyway. And then Steam would come around and give them a dirt nap. Again.

Honestly though, I'm not touching the idea of this rumor with a 10 foot pole. I'll wait for an official announcement, because that just reeks of console suicide.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#188 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

I can't contain myself lol

I repeat: Always online is the MOST STUPID IDEA EVER! Not everyone has an internet connection :evil:

PAL360

fixed.

Indeed. I understand the no 2nd hand games (it would be good for the industry, after all), and the Kinect (as a complement, obviously), but the always online couldn't be more stupid.

I couldn't agree more. I don't think either company would force always online though to be honest; neither is that stupid.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
cows butthurt and meltdown over the xbox specs is non stop :cool: ironically they use this as fact but when some other positive news regarding next xbox pop-up it totally BS :cool:
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

Third parties: Hey Sony, we are gonna be going exlusive with MS this gen because they have all this cool tech to disable used games. The bane of our existence. So unless you can do something like this, we are gonna have to cut ties

Sony: Aww crap, we are broke but contact all Research and Development teams. We gotta do something quick. (Patents own anti used games tech)

ReadingRainbow4

I'm curious, does MS pay for your internet?

you spin like a corporate shil.

MS pay his bills & Sony killed his family.
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Third parties:  Hey Sony, we are gonna be going exlusive with MS this gen because they have all this cool tech to disable used games.  The bane of our existence.  So unless you can do something like this, we are gonna have to cut ties

Sony:  Aww crap, we are broke but contact all Research and Development teams.  We gotta do something quick.  (Patents own anti used games tech)

jimmypsn

Yep, that is exactly how it happened. :roll:

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 ReadingRainbow4

cows butthurt and meltdown over the xbox specs is non stop :cool: ironically they use this as fact but when some other positive news regarding next xbox pop-up it totally BS :cool:Tessellation

I think the good people here find the damage control coming off you lemmings much more telling.

do you guys get a little alarm that goes off whenever someone says anything bad about microsoft? I wonder if you guys are all set up in one location with bunk beds.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#193 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

looks like the wii u will be the only console with used games.  OH Nintendo wii U sweet land of liberty.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#195 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

cows butthurt and meltdown over the xbox specs is non stop :cool: ironically they use this as fact but when some other positive news regarding next xbox pop-up it totally BS :cool:Tessellation

The butt hurt seems pretty strong from both sides really, and what you said is also true for both lemmings and cows. Just wait til something official and concrete comes guys!

Avatar image for DontGetBigIdeas
DontGetBigIdeas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 DontGetBigIdeas
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts
[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

clyde46
GOG, GamersGate, GMG, Amazon etc. PC gaming is not Steam.

Not to mention, PC gamers have survived without secondhand gaming for, well, since ever. I can't honestly remember ever trading in PC games to Funcoland or EB back in the day.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Indeed, it's as transparent as freshly cleaned glass window. :P

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]cows butthurt and meltdown over the xbox specs is non stop :cool: ironically they use this as fact but when some other positive news regarding next xbox pop-up it totally BS :cool:ReadingRainbow4

I think the good people here find the damage control coming off you lemmings much more telling.

do you guys get a little alarm that goes off whenever someone says anything bad about microsoft? I wonder if you guys are all set up in one location with bunk beds.

you're one of those having meltdowns regarding if durango is weak or powerful,poor cows their lives depend on plastic object :cool: so sad.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]cows butthurt and meltdown over the xbox specs is non stop :cool: ironically they use this as fact but when some other positive news regarding next xbox pop-up it totally BS :cool:Tessellation

you're one of those having meltdowns regarding if durango is weak or powerful,poor cows their lives depend on plastic object :cool: so sad.

I'm just standing on the sidelines laughing at the 50 clown car pileup.

XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#200 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
I was on the fence... PS4 or the next xbox. Microsoft decided for me, im getting the PS4. Thanks Microsoft :D If Sony decides to follow, im sticking to pc gaming forever.