EA not interested on making sports games for Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Yet, are they enough to justify it as "doomed", especially when their damn system has been out for far less than a year? I admit their systems have flaws, but just because an accident happens, doesn't mean Nintendo is doomed. It's blowing things way out of purportion and doing that isn't fair at all.

nintendoboy16

Even so, you have to admit these articles are based on legit complaints and not made out of thin air. So stop with your silly conspiracy theories. Gamers demanding quality is a GOOD THING, not a bad thing.

Never said it was. Just feel like certain people can't be pleased.

And that feeling isn't based on any reality or facts. It's just you took Wii's failure and well deserved beating very personally. Chillax man, it'll all turn out well.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#252 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

And no one really gave a f*ck on that particular day.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Yet, are they enough to justify it as "doomed", especially when their damn system has been out for far less than a year? I admit their systems have flaws, but just because an accident happens, doesn't mean Nintendo is doomed. It's blowing things way out of purportion and doing that isn't fair at all.LastRambo341
Even so, you have to admit these articles are based on legit complaints and not made out of thin air. So stop with your silly conspiracy theories. Gamers demanding quality is a GOOD THING, not a bad thing.

There is a limit to how much you can demand though because the world isn't perfect and you can't have everything like you wanted to

There's a limit. I don't expect my consoles to brew me beer and give me bl0wjobs... but I can expect standard features that the other consoles have. That's not unrealistic. If every other car has a steering wheel, radio and good fuel efficiency, it wouldn't be unreasonable to complain about a car with no wheel, no radio and crappy fuel efficiency.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Even so, you have to admit these articles are based on legit complaints and not made out of thin air. So stop with your silly conspiracy theories. Gamers demanding quality is a GOOD THING, not a bad thing.

There is a limit to how much you can demand though because the world isn't perfect and you can't have everything like you wanted to

There's a limit. I don't expect my consoles to brew me beer and give me bl0wjobs... but I can expect standard features that the other consoles have. That's not unrealistic. If every other car has a steering wheel, radio and good fuel efficiency, it wouldn't be unreasonable to complain about a car with no wheel, no radio and crappy fuel efficiency.

OMG please don't bring up the "X Nintendo console doesn't play DVDs!" argument -.- So you want all consoles to be copy-paste? :P How about each one does something different and more unique than the other?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 locopatho
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] There is a limit to how much you can demand though because the world isn't perfect and you can't have everything like you wanted to

OMG please don't bring up the "X Nintendo console doesn't play DVDs!" argument -.- So you want all consoles to be copy-paste? :P How about each one does something different and more unique than the other?

X Nintendo console doesn't do a LOT of things is the problem, among them, not playing most great games by the major devs! Which is important for a GAMES console. And yeah, they should play DVDs too, license costs 50 cents :P A certain base level of functionality should be expected across all brands, yes. Get the basics right, the worry about differentiation. If the WiiU was simply "different" that'd be fine. But it's not "different", it's just inferior. If it was a case of Xbox got new Bioshock as an exclusive, while WiiU got new Crysis as an exclusive, THAT would be two different consoles, THAT would be an argument that the WiiU was doing something different but equal. That's not how it works tho, is it? In reality Xbox (and PS and PC) are gonna get Bioshock and Crysis and every other game, and WiiU is gonna get crappy B and C tier games like Wii...?
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Bollocks! EA always put their FIFA games on every platform. Mobile - portable - console - PC. They have been putting it on PS2 still and Wii.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#257 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Sheep will continue to be in denile right up until the WiiU is dreamcasted. Blindest group of fans out of the bunch IMO.

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
I remember when Nintendo said that online was a fad and the Sheep defended them to no end. Playing online is a fad, it's better to play with your friends sitting on your lap, they would say. When they were getting no games, well quality over quantity of course (though they didn't have much of either). 3rd party games like GTA etc... were casual crap. So let's keep it up. EA sucks anyways, who play sports games? We never wanted EA crap. This means nothing. I rather play sports in real life where I can grind against my friends etc... GTA also sucks but we got Aliens:) hell yeah, what were you saying about 3rd party support? Suck on that.
Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Getting their HD consoles and online networks up to snuff cost Microsoft and Sony billions of dollers. Everyone thought Nintendo was smart sitting out the "HD" era. Perhaps it was smart at the time but Nintendo didn't plan ahead very well. They had years to prepare for the Wii's inevitable successor. All that money, all that time and they still failed. 

Those saying "meh sports" don't realize: The Wii U is dead. 

Even Gamecube got a Madden every year. Remember the last console that didn't? The Dreamcast.

The implication here is huge. If EA can't even be bothered to milk some easy port Madden money from the WiiU then that means its third party support is totally gone and ain't no Windwaker remake gonna save it.   

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#260 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41537 Posts

Getting their HD consoles and online networks up to snuff cost Microsoft and Sony billions of dollers. Everyone thought Nintendo was smart sitting out the "HD" era. Perhaps it was smart at the time but Nintendo didn't plan ahead very well. They had years to prepare for the Wii's inevitable successor. All that money, all that time and they still failed. 

Even Gamecube got a Madden every year. Remember the last console that didn't? The Dreamcast.

The implication here is huge. If EA can't even be bothered to milk some easy port Madden money from the WiiU then that means its third party support is totally gone and ain't no Windwaker remake gonna save it.   

Pray_to_me

Yet, EA was never that popular with Nintendo fans unlike SEGA with the Genesis/Megadrive. There are different circumstances for every company when it comes to EA.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

nintendoboy16

Yet, EA was never that popular with Nintendo fans unlike SEGA with the Genesis/Megadrive. There are different circumstances for every company when it comes to EA.

You do realize that with your user name and constant defending of nintendo no matter what, people only see you as a blind fanboy, and your words are meaningless.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

nintendoboy16

It's not just about the popularity of sports games on the console. It's the implication here that EA can't even be bothered to do a quick madden port. The Maddens (and FIFA's and all those sports games) come out every year and are designed to run on pretty much any console, heck there was a Wii U version last year.  It's gotta be one of the least expensive ports in the industry. If EA isn't even going to throw WiiU a madden bone you better believe WiiU won't be getting ports of other third party games that are more complex in nature (and we have seen this already with numerous titles not just from EA).

I'm willing to bet that coupled with it's abysmal sales, there's something else going on behind the scenes that's making porting titles to WiiU a very unatractive option. Could be that the weak CPU is forcing devs to rewrite their code to optimize, or it could be that being forced to utilize that tablet is more complicated of an endevor that we realize. Likely it's a combination of both coupled with Nintendos arrogance.

Hopefully WiiU dies sooner than later, and Nintendo goes third party, and the era of being forced to buy a Nintendo console just to play a handful of titles will finally die as it should have probably 10 years ago.  

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

Advid-Gamer

You do realize that with your user name and constant defending of nintendo no matter what, people only see you as a blind fanboy, and your words are meaningless.

And YOU realize that after all you said about Nintendo, even calling their fans utter morons for liking them (ironic, seeing a Nintendo themed avatar), no one is going to be taking you seriously. :|

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

Pray_to_me

It's not just about the popularity of sports games on the console. It's the implication here that EA can't even be bothered to do a quick madden port. The Maddens (and FIFA's and all those sports games) come out every year and are designed to run on pretty much any console, heck there was a Wii U version last year.  It's gotta be one of the least expensive ports in the industry. If EA isn't even going to throw WiiU a madden bone you better believe WiiU won't be getting ports of other third party games that are more complex in nature (and we have seen this already with numerous titles not just from EA).

I'm willing to bet that coupled with it's abysmal sales, there's something else going on behind the scenes that's making porting titles to WiiU a very unatractive option. Could be that the weak CPU is forcing devs to rewrite their code to optimize, or it could be that being forced to utilize that tablet is more complicated of an endevor that we realize. Likely it's a combination of both coupled with Nintendos arrogance.

Hopefully WiiU dies sooner than later, and Nintendo goes third party, and the era of being forced to buy a Nintendo console just to play a handful of titles will finally die as it should have probably 10 years ago.  

But with that, they'll be many things that also kills whatever positive reception they have left. Look at SEGA now, a lot of their fans hate them ever since they went third party and for a while, it was based on their mishandling of the Sonic franchise alone, but it got even worse when they let Nintendo publish Bayonetta 2 and filed false copyright notices on people playing Shining Force III on YouTube. Better to have Nintendo leave gaming completely before that happens, so they can stop with their controversies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Yet, EA was never that popular with Nintendo fans unlike SEGA with the Genesis/Megadrive. There are different circumstances for every company when it comes to EA.

nintendoboy16

And YOU realize that after all you said about Nintendo, even calling their fans utter morons for liking them (ironic, seeing a Nintendo themed avatar), no one is going to be taking you seriously. :|

People dont have to take me seriously to see that the wiiu is a joke and going to fail. They can see that for themselves, and btw most sheep here are morons, blindly defending nintendo at every turn, cant even call a spade a spade.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#266 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Sheep will continue to be in denile right up until the WiiU is dreamcasted. Blindest group of fans out of the bunch IMO.

Advid-Gamer

WiiU is getting Dreamcasted right now.

3rd Party can't give a crap about WiiU and the anticipation of the PS4 is drowning out the WiiU.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Yet, EA was never that popular with Nintendo fans unlike SEGA with the Genesis/Megadrive. There are different circumstances for every company when it comes to EA.

nintendoboy16

But with that, they'll be many things that also kills whatever positive reception they have left. Look at SEGA now, a lot of their fans hate them ever since they went third party and for a while, it was based on their mishandling of the Sonic franchise alone, but it got even worse when they let Nintendo publish Bayonetta 2 and filed false copyright notices on people playing Shining Force III on YouTube. Better to have Nintendo leave gaming completely before that happens, so they can stop with their controversies

who's to say if they did go 3rd party they would end up like Sega..sega was making terrible choices even before they went 3rd party man.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#268 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Advid-Gamer

I will laugh when that doesn't happen.:lol:

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 locopatho

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

nintendoboy16

Sega make sh!tty games for the most part. Their good ones such as Yakuza and Total War series sell well, review well, and are well liked on the forums. Yet again, all gamers want is quality. It's not that hard...
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 locopatho

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

super600

Even if it doesn't get Dreamcasted, best case scenario is another Wii... tho even Wii got some FIFA :?
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

locopatho

Even if it doesn't get Dreamcasted, best case scenario is another Wii... tho even Wii got some FIFA :?

I think the third party support may be better then the Wii, but the console won't get every third party game.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="super600"]

super600

I think the third party support may be better then the Wii, but the console won't get every third party game.

No offense but didn't you also think WiiU was 8x more powerful then 360 or some such?
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Even if it doesn't get Dreamcasted, best case scenario is another Wii... tho even Wii got some FIFA :?locopatho

No offense but didn't you also think WiiU was 8x more powerful then 360 or some such?

It was 4-6 when the console was being developed, but I pretty much lowered it like crazy when I started reading more about the technical capabilities of the WiiU.:P

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Even if it doesn't get Dreamcasted, best case scenario is another Wii... tho even Wii got some FIFA :?locopatho

Super600 is a blind nintenkid :P

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

This is what happened:

doomed

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]Who cares? Madden sucks now anyway. Not having EA isn't system killer. Hopefully EA goes bankrupt soon.fernandmondego_
LOL That's so sad. Ask SEGA if not having EA is no big deal.

LOL. That was when EA mattered and Madden was decent, times have changed kid. EA doesn't have the power it used to, update your facts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]Who cares? Madden sucks now anyway. Not having EA isn't system killer. Hopefully EA goes bankrupt soon.TheWalkingGhost

LOL. That was when EA mattered and Madden was decent, times have changed kid. EA doesn't have the power it used to, update your facts.

Keep telling yourself that.
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 fernandmondego_
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]Who cares? Madden sucks now anyway. Not having EA isn't system killer. Hopefully EA goes bankrupt soon.TheWalkingGhost

LOL OK. How about if you add T2 to EA, does that matter and do you hope they go bankrupt too?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

razgriz_101

who's to say if they did go 3rd party they would end up like Sega..sega was making terrible choices even before they went 3rd party man.

But if the praise for the Dreamcast (which has more praise than the GameCube) was any indication, they didn't have it as bad then.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

WiiU not interested in EA making sports games for its platform

News at 11

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#281 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Actually the Dreamcast had better 3rd party support than the Wii U could ever dream of. Sega got a big boost from Capcom, Midway, and the success of Soul Calibur. Not to mention Sega was at it's very best with the Dreamcast and had the best 3 or 4 years in its history. Everything it did was gold.
With the Wii U Nintendo has not proved anything yet. Pikmin 3? Not exactly a system seller. 2D Mario that was gonna have ts ass handed to it by Rayman Legends? Obviously that wasn't a big game changer either.

If the Wii U is ever s popular and gets the great releases frequently like the Dreamcast did I will be amazed.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
They are probably just waiting on a good install base.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
[QUOTE="super600"]

Yea and has the advanced lighting/shadows with incredible scale/draw distance. I think he bought into the dual GPU technology too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

News at 11

smashed_pinata
Pathetic damage control, That is all you are doing. You not fooling any one son.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Lol, talk about a new low. EA won't even bother to release the same yearly games on your console.
720OwnsPS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 720OwnsPS4
Member since 2013 • 132 Posts
They are probably just waiting on a good install base.caseypayne69
They will be waiting forever.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Think what you like to think. Like what you want to like. But when one of the biggest publishers in the industry come to state things like this, there is something to be worried about.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 TheWalkingGhost
Keep telling yourself that. Advid-Gamer
You really think EA is just as important as it ever was? And that not having EA was the sole reason the Dreamcast failed? There was more to the DC failing that just not having EA. DC would have failed with or without EA. Don't be so simplistic. [QUOTE="fernandmondego_"] LOL OK. How about if you add T2 to EA, does that matter and do you hope they go bankrupt too?

I would hate EA no matter what they do. But keep telling yourself something otherwise. But this is the guy who tried to attribute DC's failure to ONE issue and T2 refusing to make games for the WiiU based on one game.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="smashed_pinata"]

News at 11

Advid-Gamer
Pathetic damage control, That is all you are doing. You not fooling any one son.

Ever heard of a joke?
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#290 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i think ea is waiting on more user base,   

also gc hardly saw ea support except nfs  madden and moh , it missed nascar quite often ,  as well as fifa    ,

nfs most wanted is coming and thats all i care for from ea and that will always come multiplat cause even the wii had nfs hot pursuit the only title wii missed was shift and shift two  

perfectly normal for nintendo platforms to not see some games , but ya i dont care for madden 25 after the disaster of 2013 ,  even the wiiu couldn't fix my issues with the 360 version 

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#291 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Actually the Dreamcast had better 3rd party support than the Wii U could ever dream of. Sega got a big boost from Capcom, Midway, and the success of Soul Calibur. Not to mention Sega was at it's very best with the Dreamcast and had the best 3 or 4 years in its history. Everything it did was gold.
With the Wii U Nintendo has not proved anything yet. Pikmin 3? Not exactly a system seller. 2D Mario that was gonna have ts ass handed to it by Rayman Legends? Obviously that wasn't a big game changer either.

If the Wii U is ever s popular and gets the great releases frequently like the Dreamcast did I will be amazed.

timbers_WSU

lol dreamcast had way less support then n64 what you talking about

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

also gc hardly saw ea support except nfs  madden and moh , it missed nascar quite often ,  as well as fifa    ,

nfs most wanted is coming and thats all i care for from ea and that will always come multiplat cause even the wii had nfs hot pursuit the only title wii missed was shift and shift two  

perfectly normal for nintendo platforms to not see some games , but ya i dont care for madden 25 after the disaster of 2013 ,  even the wiiu couldn't fix my issues with the 360 version 

mariokart64fan
Do you even listen to yourself? Excuse after excuse, justify, justify, Its called denile child. Why are some of you idiots so loyal to a name brand? I am a gamer and go where the best games are, I dont care what name is printed on the front of the console, and if so called console sucks I say so. I will never understand fanboys, I guess thats what is wrong with the world today, nothing but morons these days.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

Advid-Gamer
Do you even listen to yourself? Excuse after excuse, justify, justify, Its called denile child. Why are some of you idiots so loyal to a name brand? I am a gamer and go where the best games are, I dont care what name is printed on the front of the console, and if so called console sucks I say so. I will never understand fanboys, I guess thats what is wrong with the world today, nothing but morons these days.

Brand name is important, it gives the buyer an idea of what to expect, quality. Like it or not, Sega's bad name did it in. You may not like name brands, but it does hold power in the market. Hell, Disney has such a strong brand name it could have a made a profit off of anything at a point.
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] Brand name is important, it gives the buyer an idea of what to expect, quality. Like it or not, Sega's bad name did it in. You may not like name brands, but it does hold power in the market. Hell, Disney has such a strong brand name it could have a made a profit off of anything at a point.

John Carter would like to have a word with you.
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"] X Nintendo console doesn't do a LOT of things is the problem, among them, not playing most great games by the major devs! Which is important for a GAMES console. And yeah, they should play DVDs too, license costs 50 cents :P A certain base level of functionality should be expected across all brands, yes. Get the basics right, the worry about differentiation. If the WiiU was simply "different" that'd be fine. But it's not "different", it's just inferior. If it was a case of Xbox got new Bioshock as an exclusive, while WiiU got new Crysis as an exclusive, THAT would be two different consoles, THAT would be an argument that the WiiU was doing something different but equal. That's not how it works tho, is it? In reality Xbox (and PS and PC) are gonna get Bioshock and Crysis and every other game, and WiiU is gonna get crappy B and C tier games like Wii...?

Yet the Wii U will end up with more high scoring exclusives than the next Xbox or Playstation. As somebody who games mainly on the PC, that makes the Wii U more appealing to me than those other systems. At the end of the day, it's about games, and Nintendo has games that their competitors do not.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] Brand name is important, it gives the buyer an idea of what to expect, quality. Like it or not, Sega's bad name did it in. You may not like name brands, but it does hold power in the market. Hell, Disney has such a strong brand name it could have a made a profit off of anything at a point.

John Carter would like to have a word with you.

I said at a point. Learn to read fool. And if you think Disney doesn't have a strong brand name and brand names don't mean anything...Go take a class business and see if your instructor agrees with you. (They won't)
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 fernandmondego_
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]Keep telling yourself that. TheWalkingGhost
You really think EA is just as important as it ever was? And that not having EA was the sole reason the Dreamcast failed? There was more to the DC failing that just not having EA. DC would have failed with or without EA. Don't be so simplistic. [QUOTE="fernandmondego_"] LOL OK. How about if you add T2 to EA, does that matter and do you hope they go bankrupt too?

I would hate EA no matter what they do. But keep telling yourself something otherwise. But this is the guy who tried to attribute DC's failure to ONE issue and T2 refusing to make games for the WiiU based on one game.

You think EA is mostly irrelevant and when you add T2...? Based on 1 game? Xcom, Agent, GTA, BioShock and MLB2K13 are the games that they have scheduled for 360/PS3 and would take just a cheap port to put on the WiiU. How many are getting ported? 0.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 TheWalkingGhost
You think EA is mostly irrelevant and when you add T2...? Based on 1 game? Xcom, Agent, GTA, BioShock and MLB2K13 are the games that they have scheduled for 360/PS3 and would take just a cheap port to put on the WiiU. How many are getting ported? 0.fernandmondego_
Person number 2 that can't read. They aren't as important..AS THEY USED TO BE. The industry has grown enough where one dev isn't as powerful as they were before. And good work on finally pointing out more games, but unlike you I don't like to make judgments without official word. Has T2 ever said why those games aren't coming, or are you just assuming? I need a little more to go off of other than what you say. FYI, Bioshock infinite, GTA 5 and MLB2k13 aren't even out yet and 2 use others as a lead platform. Releasing those on the WiiU wouldn't be ports as they would released on the same day.
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 fernandmondego_

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]You think EA is mostly irrelevant and when you add T2...? Based on 1 game? Xcom, Agent, GTA, BioShock and MLB2K13 are the games that they have scheduled for 360/PS3 and would take just a cheap port to put on the WiiU. How many are getting ported? 0.TheWalkingGhost
Person number 2 that can't read. They aren't as important..AS THEY USED TO BE. The industry has grown enough where one dev isn't as powerful as they were before. And good work on finally pointing out more games, but unlike you I don't like to make judgments without official word. Has T2 ever said why those games aren't coming, or are you just assuming? I need a little more to go off of other than what you say. FYI, Bioshock infinite, GTA 5 and MLB2k13 aren't even out yet and 2 use others as a lead platform. Releasing those on the WiiU wouldn't be ports as they would released on the same day.

Like I said those games are scheduled for the PS3 and 360 but not for the WiiU when they just need a cheap port. Borderlands 2 also skipped the WiiU and that one is out.  

"In a Monday interview with Gamasutra, Take-Two president Strauss Zelnick said that his company isnt ready to throw its development weight behind Wii U. We havent announced anything yet, said Zelnick, Im skeptical.  That was before the WiiU even launched and before we found out how bad it's sales are.  From what the company has been saying T2 games are not very likely (inperticular when the other 2 launch) .

You said that Madden sucks and that no EA is not a system killer.  "That's when EA mattered", what other way is there to read that? Now, if that's the case than they are mostly irrelevant, are they not?  Than again, I can't read.  

Edit, yes they would be ports even if they are released the same day.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Both PS3 and 360 support non proprietary storage. And as I said, USB 2.0 is too slow to be effective for streaming data. A built in harddrive is much better for streaming games. (saves would be fine)locopatho

USB 2.0 is too slow to transfer huge data loads. When I have to move 100GB it can take around 1hr. But when USB 2.0 switches from bulk transfer mode to streaming mode (isochronous mode), it's actually really capable. Especially when the host controller doesn't have to share with many other devices.

I'm streaming Crysis on the 360 over USB 2.0 Patriot XT USB stick. Also the Wii U is designed to play games off the disc, you don't install them as far as I know. And the disc drive streams no where near as well as USB 2.0 in streaming mode.

USB 2.0 is fine for the Wii U, apart from the times when you'll be moving bulk data such as a big game bought from the e shop or whatever it's called, from the system storage to USB storage. But that might not be a problem if it downloads directly to the USB storage.

The only reason i'd like USB 3.0 is to save me time when i'm moving massive files over USB, otherwise i'm happy with USB 2.0.

Technically, Firewire 400 would be suitable for the Wii U, as it would stay at it's higher speed consistently of nearly 50MB/sec. It's good for streaming and decent at transfer. It's just not supported well.

Thats interesting. I didn;t think 20MB per second would be enough for modern games, but apparently it is?

Probably depends on the device and the host, a high speed USB stick might be able to stream closer to 25-30MB/Sec.