EA not interested on making sports games for Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
The only sports game that I play is 2k so I dont care.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#152 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

That's a huge loss for the Wii U if true. I know a lot of people play Madden and FIFA.

Glad I'm waiting to get one instead of buying the systm now with this game drought.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#153 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Results are what matter. JUST TRYING ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! Well it is for the hardcore fans. They were defending Wii's online system :?locopatho
no one was defending abominations like Wii music, don't paint all nintendo fans with a single color

Not dire stuff like Wii Music, no. But half arsed sh!t gets defended. Wii online was defended. Crappy ports were defended (the controls makes up for it!). Tiny storage is defended (lol just buy a harddrive). Lack of media features gets defended. (lol everyones moved to Netflix, no one needs dvd/blu ray playback). And so on. If Nintendo fans were more demanding, Ninty wouldn't get away with this crap. That's what annoys me. Young me playing SNES expected Nintendo to always be the kings, and they still could be! If they only copped the hell on.

Fanboys not fans. I despise the Wii's online, never cared for Wii Music and I own very few multiplats on the Wii.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#154 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44544 Posts
well, Nintendo can make a Mario (American) football game but why bother after last gen, Nintendo gamers didn't support 3rd party efforts, and regardless at this point there isn't a big enough userbase to support it
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#155 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Bahahhahahahah, my stomach literally  hurts from laughing at all the ridiculous damage control in this thread, sheep really are die hard fans. Nintendo fell off many years ago.

Advid-Gamer

You do know EA may not be just supporting the WiiU because of how terrible it may be.:lol:

And that's in your opinion.:lol:

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#156 StaticOnTV
Member since 2013 • 597 Posts

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] Because they don't actually address it.nintendoboy16

How about publish a game people actually wanted to play, only to announce it and that same game is now wanted dead?

All of your posts are about poor Nintendo and how everyone hates on them for everything, no matter what they do.

Get a grip on reality, dude.

DarkLink77

Link, I don't believe EVERYONE hates Nintendo. I know they have their fans, but with all the "doom and gloom" articles as well as getting into gamer related controversies as much as EA, Activision, and Capcom does, I'm just finding it harder to believe. The severe backdraft (based on what I first witnessed) I saw the GameCube get that gen really makes me iffy (as well as reading a certain website and blogger maybe a bit too much).

Even I don't defend Nintendo on everything. In fact, didn't you criticize me for calling the Pandora's Tower release "too little, too late"? I'm sorry to get on you like this, but...

You mean announcing a game with a potential date, then delaying it, and in some cases, never will get released?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#157 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

You mean announcing a game with a potential date, then delaying it, and in some cases, never will get released?StaticOnTV
Uh, no. Because the game I was thinking of (won't say the name) doesn't fall under your description.

redluigi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 redluigi11
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

EA being EA, they will never fully support a Nintendo System

FireEmblem_Man

and there still butthurt over the whole origins thing 

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#159 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

EA is pissed because their beyond sh!tty wii games didn't sell.

It'll cost Nintendo money, but nothing of value to me is lost.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Nintendo's consoles are gimmicky & kiddie. EA knows that people that buy those consoles aren't men that play sports. :D

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Kids and people who refuse to grow up play Nintendo. Sports players and grown ups play EA Sports. EA Sports, it's in the game. LoL

TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

The only thing that I thought was a good idea about the Wii U was that you could pick plays in Madden on the controller. That was the ONE thing that I thought was good.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#163 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Who plays sports games anyway?King_Dodongo

I do I play NHL and FIFA.

As far as EA not supporting Wii U eventually EA will support I guess right now isn't the right time considering Wii U sales have been slow.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#164 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, sheep, but can't the Wii U only use one tablet controller at a time? If so it would make sense not to make sporta games for the system if you can't even play against your friend at your house.

Now that action games are also focusing on co-op, you can expect not to see any of those games for Wii U either. I hope you kids REALLY like saving the princess because that's all you're gonna get to do...

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, sheep, but can't the Wii U only use one tablet controller at a time? If so it would make sense not to make sporta games for the system if you can't even play against your friend at your house.

Now that action games are also focusing on co-op, you can expect not to see any of those games for Wii U either. I hope you kids REALLY like saving the princess because that's all you're gonna get to do...

trollop_scat
Actually I think the Wii-U supports two of them at a time.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

redluigi11

and there still butthurt over the whole origins thing 

Oh so it is Origin this is all about, well then it is a good thing, i dont want the need of log in to Origin to play my console games

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Even though Im not a fan of the WiiU I think they will change their minds when sales eventually go up.

Thats how EA rolls.

The translated version is "we will not waste resources on making a port to the WiiU until they have sold enough units to warrant it"

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 trollop_scat

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

DarkLink77

Interesting, I could've sworn I read that Nintendo hasn't even made seperate Wii U tablet controllers available for individual sale, and that the tablet controller is linked to each system and necessary to log into your account.

Can any actual Wii U owners confrim this? Does anyone here have a Wii U?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

trollop_scat

Interesting, I could've sworn I read that Nintendo hasn't even made seperate Wii U tablet controllers available for individual sale, and that the tablet controller is linked to each system and necessary to log into your account.

They will make you able to buy another WiiU tablet once it come a game that support it. WiiU support maximum 2 WiiU-tablets. Oh WiiU have more controller options so devs can make games for Pro controller/wii motes if they want to, then its np at all play more than 2 local multiplayer,

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#170 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

trollop_scat
To my knowledge, no game supports more than one tablet. Whether or not it's technically feasible, I don't know. Anyway, I'm seriously getting a Dreamcast vibe here. EA Sports leaving the Dreamcast was detrimental to Sega. And honestly, EA is weird. They skipped the Dreamcast, but supported the N-Gage... :?
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
Last console that EA refused to develop there annual sports games was... Dreamcast and it didn't end well :p But anyway im kind of suppriced, EA love to experiment with new kind of controllers in there sports games, they did that with Vita version of Fifa
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 trollop_scat

To my knowledge, no game supports more than one tablet.JustPlainLucas

That's what I remember reading too. If that is the case, it makes perfect sense not to make sports games for Wii U because playing your friends in one place is what makes them fun. Playing people on-line is cool too, but playing your buddies at your house with a case of beer and non-stop smack talk is what makes sports games fun. Third party co-op action games will also skip the Wii U. What a disaster of a system... 

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
I´m surprised they´d want to make any kind of game for the WiiU.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#174 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
The wiiu gamepad would be awesome for sports games. EA is being silly. Nintendo snubbing them by not putting Origin on the wiiu must have stung
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
I´m surprised they´d want to make any kind of game for the WiiU.MrYaotubo
Seems like they don't. How many games are they even developing for the WiiU?
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#176 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

the ironic thing is , that nfs is coming  you can bet on a wiiu version of madden they just didnt have anything to announce at that time lol 

fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 fernandmondego_

the ironic thing is , that nfs is coming  you can bet on a wiiu version of madden they just didnt have anything to announce at that time lol 

mariokart64fan
If it doesn't get cancelled.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]I´m surprised they´d want to make any kind of game for the WiiU.fernandmondego_

Aside from the stuff they already ported I can´t think of anything else. Sure sounds like another Dreamcast incoming,at least the DC had probably the best launch lineup ever and a ton of amazing games through it´s short lifespan,don´t even see the WiiU getting close to that tbh.
720OwnsPS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 720OwnsPS4
Member since 2013 • 132 Posts

mariokart64fan
Wii U doesn't get real games like Madden. It gets games for little kids like Pikmin and Mario and Lego with cartoon graphics.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#180 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"] To my knowledge, no game supports more than one tablet.trollop_scat

That's what I remember reading too. If that is the case, it makes perfect sense not to make sports games for Wii U

Because local multiplayer is impossible on the system right? :roll:
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 GunSmith1_basic
Im pretty sure that the wiiu doesn't support two tablets yet but will in the future after an update
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 trollop_scat

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"] To my knowledge, no game supports more than one tablet.OreoMilkshake

That's what I remember reading too. If that is the case, it makes perfect sense not to make sports games for Wii U

Because local multiplayer is impossible on the system right? :roll:

So local multi-player is possible, but only one guy gets to use a tablet controller?

Like I said earlier, I don't have a Wii U so I'm not sure about this - I was asking sheep for confirmation. Is there a current Wii U game with local multi-player?

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

LOL no Madden, Tiger Woods, NBA Live or Fifa on WiiU. LOL Wtf WiiU is almost dead already. Its kind of sad though.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 GunSmith1_basic
this might be devs circling the wagons in support of a used game ban. They'll only develop for platforms with that policy (starting with new consoles)
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
thank god, dont need resources wasted on the ugly step child.
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 fernandmondego_
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]I´m surprised they´d want to make any kind of game for the WiiU.MrYaotubo

Aside from the stuff they already ported I can´t think of anything else. Sure sounds like another Dreamcast incoming,at least the DC had probably the best launch lineup ever and a ton of amazing games through it´s short lifespan,don´t even see the WiiU getting close to that tbh.

T2 doesn't seem to have anything for the WiiU either.
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The only thing that I thought was a good idea about the Wii U was that you could pick plays in Madden on the controller. That was the ONE thing that I thought was good.

TROD_BING
You have a very limited imagination, then.
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"][QUOTE="locopatho"]Tiny storage is defended (lol just buy a harddrive).locopatho
I actually support this, as long as I can use my own 3rd party external hard drive. Why not save money on the console and then just use a dirt cheap hard drive to save downloadable games?

Cos storage is dirt cheap, and last gen consoles come with hundreds on board. Not to mention WiiU has USB 2.0, which isn't very good for streaming games/data off.

Storage is dirt cheap. You can find a 500 GB external hard drive for about $50. Instead, you can purchase a proprietary Xbox 360 250 GB hard drive for $70. 32 GB for the Playstation Vita runs $100. A non-proprietary 32 GB SD card runs $20. The proprietary storage sold by Microsoft and Sony runs 2-5x the cost on the open market. Why shouldn't we be praising companies for putting out systems that can use non-proprietary storage, do not require installations, do not support online passes, and present good to God honest business practices in an age where everyone else in this industry does not? I would be more likely to purchase the next X-Box for $100 less than it ends up being if it came with no hard drive and let me use the hard drive of my choice to store my games.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Wii-U 2012-2013.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#191 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Crap, could this get worst?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

FireEmblem_Man
Which is weird coz GameCube got those sports games...
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"] I actually support this, as long as I can use my own 3rd party external hard drive. Why not save money on the console and then just use a dirt cheap hard drive to save downloadable games?

Cos storage is dirt cheap, and last gen consoles come with hundreds on board. Not to mention WiiU has USB 2.0, which isn't very good for streaming games/data off.

Storage is dirt cheap. You can find a 500 GB external hard drive for about $50. Instead, you can purchase a proprietary Xbox 360 250 GB hard drive for $70. 32 GB for the Playstation Vita runs $100. A non-proprietary 32 GB SD card runs $20. The proprietary storage sold by Microsoft and Sony runs 2-5x the cost on the open market. Why shouldn't we be praising companies for putting out systems that can use non-proprietary storage, do not require installations, do not support online passes, and present good to God honest business practices in an age where everyone else in this industry does not? I would be more likely to purchase the next X-Box for $100 less than it ends up being if it came with no hard drive and let me use the hard drive of my choice to store my games.

Both PS3 and 360 support non proprietary storage. And as I said, USB 2.0 is too slow to be effective for streaming data. A built in harddrive is much better for streaming games. (saves would be fine)
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 trollop_scat

Can any sheep here who actually own a Wii U tell me if there's a SINGLE game with local multi-player?

That would go a long way towards getting to the bottom of this mystery...

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

I wish EA didn't hold a monopoly of the sports game genre

IPWNDU2

They only have a full monopoly on football games with Madden.

EA gets wrecked in every other sport.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

Rockman999

Not in soccer, man. PES is now a joke.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
BUT Wii sportz!!!
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts
[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

Salt_The_Fries

Not in soccer, man. PES is now a joke.

core wise PES is still good, Konami just need to pump more money back into it shame considering its a strong game and i love their champions league implementation. Fifa's better but i feel PES as a far as a game of football goes feels like it flows a lot better.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#200 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Who cares? Madden sucks now anyway. Not having EA isn't system killer. Hopefully EA goes bankrupt soon.