DriveClub HQ gameplay (FORZALOL)

#151 Posted by MonsieurX (28652 posts) -
#152 Posted by cainetao11 (15821 posts) -

I'm so glad I don't care about the little shyte people complain about here. Forza 5 is beautiful and so is this game. You like racers? Play 'rm.

#153 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15873 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Vatusus said:

@sts106mat: And you're in denial. It definitely looks better than Forza 5 and only a blind lem would deny it

It doesn't look better then Forza 5. Both games have good and bad things going for them visually. The environment looks grain, while the cars look clear and sharp.

Ok, what is it about being an Xbox Fanboy that permanently ruins your vision?

Those vids look amazing, and sorry, much better than Forza 5's 2d cutout spectators, baked lighting, n64 trees, and whatever method they use to fake their shadows.

When a game looks really good, give it credit.

#154 Edited by wolverine4262 (18795 posts) -

#155 Posted by lostrib (31519 posts) -
#156 Posted by freedomfreak (38162 posts) -

#157 Posted by lglz1337 (3008 posts) -

@lostrib: why not just read this thread yourself ?

#158 Edited by lglz1337 (3008 posts) -

@MonsieurX: nice twist when did i say PCars will flop ?

i was talking about gfx in this thread and yes DC poops over PCars as i visually pointed it out in your face!

nice going MonsieurX you are not in shape today

#159 Edited by Boggle_Dragon (85 posts) -

@draign: Why is it such a poor excuse of a game?

#160 Posted by Draign (526 posts) -

@draign: Why is it such a poor excuse of a game?

On one hand they promote that it is the most realistic driving game on consoles visually, but cut corners on gameplay. its like having a bum sports team playing in a state of the art arena and fabulous uniforms. Noone has to settle for it, especially after delays.

#161 Edited by cimbom1993 (38 posts) -

#162 Edited by lglz1337 (3008 posts) -

@cimbom1993: LMAO what are you trying to prove ? PGR looks great, but no not even close

#163 Posted by freedomfreak (38162 posts) -
#164 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2600 posts) -

Lol at Forza? Is Driveclub going to run on dedicated servers? Is it going to be running at 60 fps? Is it a simulation? Is it a launch game?

Pointless reference , TC. When Horizon 2 comes out, we will see How it compares to DriveClub.

That aside, I am intrigued by this game, could be the first one that makes me get a PS4, I like the diverse environments , and as a Canadian I find it cool that they have a Canadian forest in there, I loved forest levels in driving games. Will keep an eye out on this one.

#165 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15873 posts) -

Oh, PGR3. Cool. 1024x600 resolution, 30fps.

Sorry, what does it this have to do with Driveclub? I know you guys are excited by weird resolutions, but this is 2014.

#166 Posted by jessejay420 (3704 posts) -

If you think that looks better than Forza 5, you are fucking blind. there is virtually no difference besides the FPS.

im not too concerned with graphics seeing as graphics is not important in my opinion.

that being said, if cows actually believe that this will beat forza in gameplay or customizations then LOL!!! (bookmarked for future pwnage)

#167 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

If you think that looks better than Forza 5, you are fucking blind. there is virtually no difference besides the FPS.

im not too concerned with graphics seeing as graphics is not important in my opinion.

that being said, if cows actually believe that this will beat forza in gameplay or customizations then LOL!!! (bookmarked for future pwnage)

People still say pwnage?

#168 Posted by blackace (19714 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Vatusus said:

@sts106mat: And you're in denial. It definitely looks better than Forza 5 and only a blind lem would deny it

It doesn't look better then Forza 5. Both games have good and bad things going for them visually. The environment looks grain, while the cars look clear and sharp.

Those vids look amazing, and sorry, much better than Forza 5's 2d cutout spectators, baked lighting, n64 trees, and whatever method they use to fake their shadows.

Opinions vary. I'm not the only one who thinks the evironment isn't perfect. I didn't say the game looked terrible. The cars and lighting are great. The cars completely blow away what the evironment looks like though. It doesn't even look real because the cars outshine just about everything else on the screen. The environment is hit or miss to me, even with 3D trees.

#169 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

@Vatusus said:

Opinions vary. I'm not the only one who thinks the evironment isn't perfect. I didn't say the game looked terrible. The cars and lighting are great. The cars completely blow away what the evironment looks like though. It doesn't even look real because the cars outshine just about everything else on the screen. The environment is hit or miss to me, even with 3D trees.

The environments completely and utterly blow away anything forza 5 has, complete with 3d trees, 3d observers and textures that don't look like they were pulled from Google maps. Gawt Damn.

#170 Edited by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

it looks good. My only complaint other than 30fps is you can cut a steak with those jaggies.

#171 Edited by sailor232 (4260 posts) -

@jessejay420 said:

@sts106mat said:

People still say pwnage?

People still say Butthurt a lot these days so why not say pwange. Butthurt was around when I was a kid, its a heap older.

OT: take away the power poles and lines and we've got ourselves a very pretty game.

#172 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

Over 1 million 3d trees with global illumination.

Meanwhile in Flopza 5 Prebaked Lighting Edition....

Dem 2D trees and audience.

#173 Posted by lostrib (31519 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: nice twist when did i say PCars will flop ?

i was talking about gfx in this thread and yes DC poops over PCars as i visually pointed it out in your face!

nice going MonsieurX you are not in shape today

yes, with a comment like "DC poops over PCars no discussion!" how could we not understand you meant graphics. Especially in a thread titled Drive Club HQ Gameplay

#174 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (988 posts) -

@draign said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@draign said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

dat speed. this better be how the game is

The car looks like its hovering over the road..Where are the dust particles while driving over the grass?

now that u bring it up it really does need dust particles, u would think the studio that made motorstorm would be the experts of doing it

I love the environments, especially the water sprinklers to the left. But the driving looks wack..In and out of the car. There is still time to add the little things.

shut up you jealous lems, this game shits on forza. forza looks like a 360 game, over the top brightness and saturation to try and make it look colorful so you won't notice how fake the game looks. This actually looks realistic not arcady.

#175 Posted by napo_sp (191 posts) -

lol @ 30 fps... and what a boring racing that has been done to death since the 1st nfs, don't know why anyone get hyped with this kind of racing anymore

#176 Edited by Vatusus (4225 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Vatusus said:

No. Thats in Forza 5. Both the cars and the environments look amazing in DC

#177 Posted by blackace (19714 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@blackace said:

@Vatusus said:

Looks amazing in Forza 5. Cars and tracks look better in Forza 5. Environments are average in both games. Gameplay better in Forza 5 with 60fps. More cars in Forza 5. I'll be playing both and be able to judge better after DC is released.

#178 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

Some people in here are in serious need of some mutha fuckin glasses. First it was 720p and not being able to spot the difference between 1080p, now it's selecto vision with regards to 2d people and 3d tree's. The hell is this shit, atleast be consistent with your criticism.

#179 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68894 posts) -

that smear on the windscreen, nextgen is here people. still wont buy racing game but will play ps+ version for sure. also good sense of speed

yeah, it looks really good

#180 Edited by ZoomZoom2490 (3934 posts) -

Lemmings are the saddest people in the world right now. They laugh and mock a rock solid and locked 30fps in 1080p but claim that Ryse at 729p and fps in single digits is the best looking next-gen game.

Do me a favor lemmturds, start digging and don't come out until the current gen is over.

#181 Edited by gamevet77 (170 posts) -

Call me not impressed. Yes it looks better than most last generation games. You put this game up against Forza Horizon on the xbox 360 and there is not a huge difference. Looks a tad better than forza 5 but not a huge upgrade. I am disappointed with the power or lack there of next generation.

#182 Edited by Spitfire-Six (461 posts) -

Lemmings are the saddest people in the world right now. They laugh and mock a rock solid and locked 30fps in 1080p but claim that Ryse at 729p and fps in single digits is the best looking next-gen game.

Do me a favor lemmturds, start digging and don't come out until the current gen is over.

Ryse is 900p .

#183 Posted by Vatusus (4225 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Vatusus said:

@blackace said:

@Vatusus said:

Cars and tracks look better in Forza 5.

buaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

nice joke mate

#184 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42525 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Oh wow. That actually looks pretty good. Looks much better than the 2013 footage. Now all we need to know is if the gameplay keeps up! If it does we might just have another good arcade racer here! :)

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

also good sense of speed

When the video is sped up x30? Real good sense there!

Wait...what? It's not the video itself that is sped up, it's the time lapse/passage of time in it (the day-night cycle).

Ah, I thought the video was sped up since the racing looked a bit on the odd side with some parts. What you said makes infinitely more sense now that I think about it. lol

#185 Posted by ButDuuude (387 posts) -

Watch in 1080p

#186 Edited by Spitfire-Six (461 posts) -

#187 Posted by Heirren (15970 posts) -

Forza 5 looks like a shit in the woods compared to this.

#188 Edited by Spitfire-Six (461 posts) -

Honestly I would call them about equal. Forza has better physics and more cars things that relate to a driving game. Drive club has more details and polish to represent real world. Environments are about the same Drive Club uses some modeled tree's the rest are layered cards.

#189 Posted by Desmonic (12657 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer:

If the video was really sped up by 30 x, the regular play speed would be truly atrocious :P

#190 Posted by Gue1 (9112 posts) -
#191 Edited by Couth_ (9916 posts) -

lol

#192 Posted by m3dude1 (824 posts) -

clearly the best looking racing game ever made. slightly mad studios should take note of what a developer achieved limited to 400$ hardware

#193 Posted by tormentos (16428 posts) -

dat speed. this better be how the game is

My god and some how Sts106mats actually believe that crap ass Forza look like this game,with those damn Forza backed and faked effects,this game just walk all over it,no wonder they could not pull 60FPS..

@shawn30 said:

No doubt Forza 5 is the superior game overall, but this game looks better. Waiting to see Forza Horizon 2 :)

Really so did you play the final version to know this.?

With that 79% it has Forza should not be hard to top.

#194 Edited by ButDuuude (387 posts) -

This is incredible lol

#195 Posted by m3dude1 (824 posts) -

its a true statement. every game can be output at 1080p, they say nothing about rendering.

#196 Posted by Couth_ (9916 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

clearly the best looking racing game ever made. slightly mad studios should take note of what a developer achieved limited to 400$ hardware

slightly mad has much more power invested into physics calculations. Much easier to make a good looking arcade game

#197 Posted by kingtito (4732 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Vatusus said:

Hahahahah what a hypocrite. For all the crap you just spit out of your cow mouth Forza 5 still looks good. Doesn't matter how it got there but fact still remains in motion Forza 5 looks good. Does it look as good as a game that's coming out close to a year later, we'll see when it actually releases.

Ok cow, you may continue to be a hypocrite

#198 Edited by OhSnapitz (17926 posts) -

..gotta admit.. when I first saw the video..

#199 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

So good looking it makes Flopza 5 look like a PS2 game. This is easily the best looking driving game ever made....

#200 Edited by getyeryayasout (6876 posts) -

Mine eyes have seen the glory! Man that looks nice!