Drive club sees nothing but trouble lately - Mod Update

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

@jessejay420 said:

@iloveatlus so you think sales = quality?

so i guess wii sports was the best game of last gen huh?

oh wait!

When did I ever said Sales = Quality?

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

@iloveatlusyou said gt sold more sothat makes other racing games irrelevant.

you obviously equate sales with quality.

so i guess that means you really enjoyed wii sports seeing as its the best game last gen according to sales lol.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By iloveatlus

@jessejay420 said:

so i guess that means you really enjoyed wii sports seeing as its the best game last gen according to sales lol.

Yeah, Gran Turismo made other racing games irrelevant due to it's popularity and sales. That doesn't mean it's the better racing game.

Why do you feel the need to put your own words down my throat?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@iloveatlus said:

@jessejay420 said:

Yeah, Gran Turismo made other racing games irrelevant due to it's popularity and sales. That doesn't mean it's the better racing game.

Why do you feel the need to put your own words down my throat?

selling more doesn't make other games irrelevant.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@Heil68:

U gota be taking the piss....surely

For gamers??? Where are the bloody games lol

I thought the ps4 was easy to develop for? Sounds like a mess to me and ryse is still graphics king

PS4 has more games and has released an actual retail exclusive since launch, Xbone? Nope.

As far as development goes:

The PlayStation®4 system opens the door to an incredible journey through immersive new gaming worlds and a deeply connected gaming community. PS4™ puts gamers first with an astounding launch lineup and over 180 games in development. Play amazing top-tier blockbusters and innovative indie hits on PS4™. Developer Inspired, Gamer Focus.

We are ALL humbled SONY.

PlayStation®4: The Best Place to Play™

"in development"

key word.

Im sure they've included the games that kaz thinks in his head while he's on the shitter lol

Reality is that you wont see this games for years and years and years. Look at the mess that is drive club.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jessejay420

@iloveatlus i didnt put words down your throat lol.

you said it yourself lol

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By iloveatlus

@jessejay420 said:

@iloveatlus i didnt put words down your throat lol.

you said it yourself lol

Lol. When did I ever said Sales = Quality? Can you underline & bold that statement that I made?? Don't worry, whenever I lose a debate, I talk out my ass and put words down people throat too.

Forza is an irrelevant racer. No one outside of gaming forum talks about it. #Dealwithit #MoveOn or #DefendVideoGames

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jessejay420

@ilove atlus you just proved my point lol.

you say forza is irrelevant because gt sold more.

and then in this same thread you went on to say all fps games are irrelevant because call of duty sold more.<<< lmao

im sorry but SW is not for you.

you should find a new hobby because you suck at this.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Why Col Rodgers left Evolution (former game director) -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106121033&postcount=1393

Shit just got real.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Infamous was delayed and it turned out to be an amazing game. Lemmings need stop worrying about PS4 exclusives so much they will be fine. What do lemmings gain by hoping that games they can't play are dropped or removed from production, just so they can gloat? What a desperate bunch of clowns.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

still waiting on that greatness.. This was a must buy for me.. my early adoption of the ps4 looks worse and worse at this point.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By kinectthedots

@juarbles said:

This game is going to be amazing. It's Sony's response to Flopza since Flopza didn't come close to GT in simulation so Sony did this arcade racer which is still more Sim than anything found on the bone. They are just making sure the game will put the final nail on Flopza's coffin.

Yes, I think this is all damage control.

This is the only time lemmings have to spew their garbage and cast doubt when the games are being made, so they are going all in.

Remember when lemmings said infamous got downgraded, didn't matter as an exclusive, it would have no impact on sales and everyone would buy an xbox one to play titanfall instead?

Lemmings and their doom and gloom predictions about PS4 and it's games fail at a higher rate than Kinect voice commands.

The only thing deeply invested lemmings can do at this point is to smear the most negative and hate filled garbage possible at promising upcoming PS4 titles. Drive Club was THE game I was going to get a PS4 for before Infamous Second Son shockingly persuaded me to go ahead and get the system now (great game).

Drive Club looks fantastic as a game, sony and evolution can take all the time they need to make it great. I am not interested in half assed mediocre games for my primary system or I would be a lemming.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I cant believe people expected the PS4 to launch with a top quality racer and yet are waiting 4+ months for said racer to arrive. Its not a failure to make a great game its a failure to deliver. Which I think its pretty despicable, more-so at the launch of a new product

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@juarbles said:

@kinectthedots: agree 100%. To bad lems don't understand that no gamer takes them seriously anymore.

oh yes, but you're super serious, right?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kinectthedots

@always_explicit said:

I cant believe people expected the PS4 to launch with a top quality racer and yet are waiting 4+ months for said racer to arrive. Its not a failure to make a great game its a failure to deliver. Which I think its pretty despicable, more-so at the launch of a new product

It's disappointing yes, but games get delayed (like Watch dogs for example). As a PS4 owner and a gamer, I hope that the delay is for a better final product as I might hope any normal gamer would feel.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@always_explicit said:

It's disappointing yes, but games get delayed (like Watch dogs for example). As a PS4 owner and a gamer, I hope that the delay is for a better final product as I might hope any normal gamer would feel.

I agree totally that the final product really is the most important thing, there is no disputing that. I just dont think its good practice, despite what my post history maybe allude to on this site im genuinely looking for reasons to buy a PS4 and and the only reason that hasn't happened yet was because of the disappointing launch (IMHO). I am not saying Driveclub was the deciding factor but it would have helped!

As I have said before, all I want is Crash, Spyro...some of the classic titles that made Playstation great! ....preferably delivered on time haha.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

This game has 7.0 written all over it. Always has.

Even forgetting about the recent departures, Evolution has always been just another mediocre sony dev.

And yet cows continue to hype it LOL dat desperation.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#71 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Unfortunately all of this drama has been for naught...

Hello, all.

This is my first post on NeoGAF, and whilst I'm not generally one to deal in internet speculation, I have to put the record straight with regard to Pete Dodd's comments above.

Everything he has said with regard to myself and Driveclub is incorrect. It's also libellous.

As Putty (who is a personal friend of mine, and has been for about 25 years) suggests, I left Evo in February for personal reasons. The personal reasons being that my son, who is 4 years old, has been diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, which is a potentially life threatening condition. I live 220 miles (4 hours drive) away from Evolution Studios, and was away from home 5.5 days a week. Given the circumstances, I could not continue to work there.

Driveclub is a great game, and the direction hasn't changed since my departure. This has been confirmed by SONY in various press releases over recent days.

I have no problem in dealing with very large projects, as I've been working in the games industry for the last 19 years, and have worked on some very prestigious titles, so there is genuinely no truth to anything posted by Mr Dodds at all. My departure (and indeed the setup of my 'indie' operation, BigRedSwitch) is 100% driven by family necessity, not some professional failing on my part.

I left SONY on very good terms. There is no animosity there, and I was absolutely nothing to do with the recent redundancies - in fact, the news of those redundancies was probably linked on here before I knew about them.

The games industry is a tough place at the moment. My circumstances with my son mean that I've had to leave secure work in order to try to make my own way in the world. This may entail getting another job. With people who obviously know nothing about the situation blackening my reputation for the sake of internet 'fame', this could be made much more difficult. It's nothing less than trolling.

I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel.

I'm sure you can all appreciate just how difficult things are for myself and my family at the moment. I'd genuinely appreciate it if you can take my statements as word from the origin, and realise that there has been no big cover-up when it comes to my departure from SONY/Evo.

Thanks, all.

Col.

So yeah, don't you all feel a bit worse now?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Famousmourtimore/ pete dodd......Just took the ban hammer from Evilore....

I guess his constant fud has caught up with him. He's an idiot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Makes a lot of what's been said on here pretty pathetic. I'm actually a bit angry how some refused to consider that some of these departures could have been lifestyle choices or in this case a lifestyle necessity.

Anyway hope his son gets better.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Need for Speed personally was not up to my standards but I guess that's the Need for Speed gameplay. Forza 5 was unfinished and graphically had some flaws. The graphics king in my opinion is Infamous Second Son. I think Driveclub will end up delivering to everyone's expectations. I'm hoping it's the Forza killer but that's almost impossible to produce. I'm just wondering if it's coming this year?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Unfortunately all of this drama has been for naught...

Hello, all.

This is my first post on NeoGAF, and whilst I'm not generally one to deal in internet speculation, I have to put the record straight with regard to Pete Dodd's comments above.

Everything he has said with regard to myself and Driveclub is incorrect. It's also libellous.

As Putty (who is a personal friend of mine, and has been for about 25 years) suggests, I left Evo in February for personal reasons. The personal reasons being that my son, who is 4 years old, has been diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, which is a potentially life threatening condition. I live 220 miles (4 hours drive) away from Evolution Studios, and was away from home 5.5 days a week. Given the circumstances, I could not continue to work there.

Driveclub is a great game, and the direction hasn't changed since my departure. This has been confirmed by SONY in various press releases over recent days.

I have no problem in dealing with very large projects, as I've been working in the games industry for the last 19 years, and have worked on some very prestigious titles, so there is genuinely no truth to anything posted by Mr Dodds at all. My departure (and indeed the setup of my 'indie' operation, BigRedSwitch) is 100% driven by family necessity, not some professional failing on my part.

I left SONY on very good terms. There is no animosity there, and I was absolutely nothing to do with the recent redundancies - in fact, the news of those redundancies was probably linked on here before I knew about them.

The games industry is a tough place at the moment. My circumstances with my son mean that I've had to leave secure work in order to try to make my own way in the world. This may entail getting another job. With people who obviously know nothing about the situation blackening my reputation for the sake of internet 'fame', this could be made much more difficult. It's nothing less than trolling.

I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel.

I'm sure you can all appreciate just how difficult things are for myself and my family at the moment. I'd genuinely appreciate it if you can take my statements as word from the origin, and realise that there has been no big cover-up when it comes to my departure from SONY/Evo.

Thanks, all.

Col.

So yeah, don't you all feel a bit worse now?

Wow!I hope his family is doing okay.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Well, that backfired.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Well, that backfired.

On Pete Dodd, yes...

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

ITT: Loads of people that haven't been around SW long enough to get the irony of a Heil68 post succeed in being trolled. Keep me smiling people and gj Heil68.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@Wasdie: this is F***** hope it goes well with his fam

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Report: DriveClub Director Has Left Evolution Studios

News by Joe Juba on Mar 25, 2014 at 04:52 PM

2,018 Views 10

DriveClub's development has been troubled lately, with delays, layoffs at developer Evolution Studios, and reworked design. Apparently, the list of the game's difficulties doesn't stop there. More

DriveClub's development has been troubled lately, but the problems don't stop with delays and layoffs

Man, this game is getting pelted. At this point, just drop it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasdie here hijacking the OP to post this.

Hello, all.

Thanks, all.

Col.

Col_Rodgers

Driveclub's director stepped down for personal reasons.

Hope that guys son recovers well, and that yet another Sonygaf insider falls on the sword. Cboat and Famousmortimer all banned. But yeah, this was way more fucked up than what Cboat did. Best wishes and prayers for that Col and his family.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

Makes a lot of what's been said on here pretty pathetic. I'm actually a bit angry how some refused to consider that some of these departures could have been lifestyle choices or in this case a lifestyle necessity.

Some people are funny that way, believing things with no evidence. Really sad story.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Wasdie steals my thunder once again.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@hoosier7 said:

Some people are funny that way, believing things with no evidence. Really sad story.

Sounds like a Fox News viewer.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@Evo_nine: Infamous would like to have words with you. Infamous looks better than Ryse and it's more fun to play too.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@SolidTy said:

@hoosier7 said:

Sounds like a Fox News viewer.

Sure does. Based on some of the comments in this thread, we have Fox News viewers reading this thread, in fact...

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

I remember when Cows hyped this as the racing game of this gen.

hahahahhaha

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Feel pretty bad for his kid and for him, that's rough.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I wish him, his son, and the rest of his family all the best.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#89 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Should have played it safe and made a decent arcade racer.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Poor guy, I wish him and his family well.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Sony Worldwide Studios' Scott Rohde explains that the company, which owns Evolution, doesn't want to release the game before it's ready.

By gamers, FOR gamers, the SONY mantra for gen 8. We are ALL humbled SONY. Keep up the great work and showing us how to Live, Learn and Love.

Please LOL more DC

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#92  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Report: DriveClub Director Has Left Evolution Studios

News by Joe Juba on Mar 25, 2014 at 04:52 PM

2,018 Views 10

DriveClub's development has been troubled lately, with delays, layoffs at developer Evolution Studios, and reworked design. Apparently, the list of the game's difficulties doesn't stop there. More

DriveClub's development has been troubled lately, but the problems don't stop with delays and layoffs

Man, this game is getting pelted. At this point, just drop it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasdie here hijacking the OP to post this.

Hello, all.

Thanks, all.

Col.

Col_Rodgers

Driveclub's director stepped down for personal reasons.

Thanks @Wasdie. My OP was more about the game having some hurdles, not trying to speculate as to why the departure.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

what a disaster, sony is a sinking ship.

Bail while you can!

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#94 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Evo_nine: Ignoring the changes made to the thread?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

About Pete Dodd...

I can't help but laugh at his situation. He posts negative FUD news about the Xbox one for months. With over half of which never came into fruition.

Escapes unscathed.

White Knights for a couple days "With complete and utter BS FUD" for Sony and takes the axe. He tried to smear peoples reputations in the name of Sony.

Keep up the good fight Pete.

Karmas awesome.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By iloveatlus

@jessejay420 said:

@ilove atlus you just proved my point lol.

you say forza is irrelevant because gt sold more.

and then in this same thread you went on to say all fps games are irrelevant because call of duty sold more.<<< lmao

im sorry but SW is not for you.

you should find a new hobby because you suck at this.

Yep, Forza is irrelevant and COD made every fps irrelevant last gen. If you ever go to racing event, no one mention forza when speaking about racing games. Only weirdos on the internet talk about it.

And video games, fishing & cars are my hobby. System War is just a pass time for me during work hours. Glad System Wars is your hobby.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

@Heil68 said:

Sony Worldwide Studios' Scott Rohde explains that the company, which owns Evolution, doesn't want to release the game before it's ready.

By gamers, FOR gamers, the SONY mantra for gen 8. We are ALL humbled SONY. Keep up the great work and showing us how to Live, Learn and Love.

Please LOL more DC

Yes, please more Drive Club. I'm buying it day 1. :D

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Rough for the guy. Hope all ends up well for him.

You see where your bullshit conjecture because you're butthurt about a year of bad news gets us, lemmings? I hope you feel suitably ashamed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Rough for the guy. Hope all ends up well for him.

You see where your bullshit conjecture because you're butthurt about a year of bad news gets us, lemmings? I hope you feel suitably ashamed.

how is it lemming's fault that some "insider" committed libel?