Drive Club may drop on June 12

• 61 results
#1 Edited by Shewgenja (7912 posts) -

Driveclub’s Release Date Pegged on Last Day of E3 by Dell; Matches Previous Rumors

by Giuseppe Nelva on April 6, 2014 1:48 AM 26 @abriael

PS4RUMORS

Driveclub still doesn’t have an official release date, but Dell is now sending out emails to customers pegging the launch day on June 12th. The date appeared on the site as well.

That’s definitely an interesting date. It’s not the end or the beginning of a fiscal quarter (which would be the telltale sign of a placeholder), and it matches previous rumors started by the ItalianOfficial PlayStation Magazine that mentioned a possible release in June.

Even more interestingly, June 12th is the last day of E3. The possibility is definitely intriguing, as Sony could use the release of the massively anticipated racing game to draw more attention on its line-up during the show.

Normally E3 is about games that won’t be released for a long while, but having a big first party release right around the corner could definitely help in grabbing the spotlight. Interestingly enough, a very similar initiative was taken with The Last of Us, that released the day after last year’s E3.

The game also recently appeared on Sony’s own rewards site, but was then removed, as the site normally offers only games that have already been released.

Of course we should consider this with a much needed serving of skepticism until Sony makes an official announcement, but the date seems realistic. Will it be real? We’ll have to wait and see.

Not sure why I couldn't insert the picture in the quote, but here is the source.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/06/driveclub-release-date-pegged-on-last-day-of-e3-by-dell-matches-previous-rumors/

It would seem this game isn't too far off around the bend. If this release date holds true, it shows that Sony has a lot of confidence in this being a hard hitter this summer. I can tell you that this is one game that I preordered my PS4 to have so it's good that it didn't fall off the map like the rumor mill would have you believe.

#2 Posted by Blabadon (25184 posts) -

Ehh, not the most reliable site. A Dell placeholder doesn't hold too much weight for my beliefs with the game.

#3 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3683 posts) -

seems rather peculiar for such information to come from Dell of all places.

#4 Edited by foxhound_fox (86821 posts) -

Not really solid until it comes from Sony directly.

A real shame too, it might have added something worthwhile to the PS4's launch window.

#5 Posted by always_explicit (2619 posts) -

"The rumour mill" didnt slate Drivedlcub for falling off the map in the future. They slated it because Sony announced this as a launch title, with many racing fans buying PS4's expecting this title to be available. That didnt happen and its not only disappointing its flat out poor business practice. One could understand a delay of a few weeks to iron out wrinkles but this game is months and months late. Sony knew this and should have had the courtesy to tell people sooner, but they didnt. The left it late to tell consumers that the game wasnt due for release so it didnt affect the launch of the console.

I mean sure its better to release a good game late than a bad game early, but Sony must have known how behind schedule this game was yet they offered no real resolution to those gamers who bought PS4's on the premise of having a racer to play at launch. Despicable.

#6 Posted by navyguy21 (12685 posts) -

Doesnt really make sense.

A June 12th date means it would have to go gold in May......killing any surprise announcement of release date.

Not to mention the market never responds well to products are announced/shown and go on sale the same day.

Just seems weird that it would come from Dell.

Gamestop has it listed for September 30 i think.

#7 Posted by Couth_ (9915 posts) -

That's a normal placeholder date because it's the last day of the 3rd quarter. June 12 isn't a placeholder, it's an actual date. Plus they are sending out emails to customers saying it will be available. It's not a placeholder but It's definitely a MISTAKE. The question is what kind of mistake is it. Did someone just put up the wrong unconfirmed date? Or did Dell get confirmation from Sony and then put the information on their system too early..

#8 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

Meh, not really looking forward to it to be honest.

#9 Posted by Evo_nine (1571 posts) -

Finally, A GAME for the ps4

#10 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (385 posts) -

Not interested anymore.

#11 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1256 posts) -

Maybe of 2015.

#12 Posted by speedfog (2843 posts) -

Sure sure... Just like when they said that it would release with the ps4 day one.

#13 Posted by Twizded (96 posts) -

I hope OP is true. I have an itch that needs scratching.

#14 Posted by Underdog123x (266 posts) -

Why would anyone want this piece of crap? Even the Playstation fans won't buy it and they have nothing else to play

#15 Posted by Suppaman100 (3565 posts) -

Forza 5 what? Project cars who?

Driveclub is coming!

#16 Posted by Desmonic (12638 posts) -

.............wait....................Dell sells console videogames? The f*ck? O.o?.......

#17 Posted by lhughey (4221 posts) -

On a Thursday???

#18 Posted by Shewgenja (7912 posts) -
#19 Posted by mems_1224 (45719 posts) -

People still give a shit about Drive Club?

#20 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9342 posts) -

Awe how cute....cows still hoping.

#21 Edited by getyeryayasout (6868 posts) -

I'm looking forward to this, I think it's as close to PGR 5 as I'm going to get. At least until PGR 5 is actually announced.

#22 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3021 posts) -

Too many red flags for me to by this.

• From Dell
  • Gamestop showing Sept. 30
  • Game has been pushed back constantly with rumors of it going back to the drawing board.
  • Game would have about a month before needing to go gold.
  • June 12th is a Thursday.

All of this points to this being a placeholder that is just false.

#23 Posted by lostrib (31445 posts) -

i'll believe it when I see it

#24 Posted by tormentos (16400 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

Infamous just hit when was the last time and exclusive hit the xbox one.?

Oh yeah Kinect sports..jhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you were better off with nothing...hahahaha

#25 Posted by clyde46 (43437 posts) -

A real shame too, it might have added something worthwhile to the PS4's launch window.

Dude, what the hell is up with that truck!

#26 Posted by jsmoke03 (12473 posts) -

ehhh. i bet this is going to be like a 6

#27 Edited by PAL360 (26561 posts) -

My birthday!

#28 Posted by Ghost120x (3632 posts) -

I'm tired of the announced vaporware every gen from Sony's e3 console debuts. They better have a date soon or I'm going to switch my preorder credit to Mario kart and save $60.

#29 Posted by cainetao11 (15785 posts) -

Whenever it drops, I hope those that are into racing games enjoy it. I try to get into them. Bought Forza a few times and like a race from time to time, but I never stick with them.

#30 Edited by super600 (29941 posts) -

Sony is not going to release a game during E3 and they will most likely re-reveal the game during E3. Expect the game to release in late summer/early fall and maybe later.

#31 Posted by RR360DD (11414 posts) -

Why do people still care about failclub?

#32 Edited by lundy86_4 (42618 posts) -

I'd wait for a more viable source. Unless i'm mistaken, we don't hear any leaks through Dell.

#33 Posted by tdkmillsy (1227 posts) -

Whenever it comes it will be because it was the original launch date not because it was delayed.

Sony pulled a fast one and people believed them.

#34 Posted by getyeryayasout (6868 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

My birthday!

Just look how Sony takes care of their customers! Part of the By Gamers, For Gamers mantra I've been hearing so much about, if I'm not mistaken.

If it does drop on your birthday I'll give you a birthday spanking on the asphalt, one lap at a time. Vroom Vroom! :D

#35 Posted by foxhound_fox (86821 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Dude, what the hell is up with that truck!

It's custom. Super-long wheelbase (for better ride apparently, just looks badass to me) and the spread-axle trailer provides better weight distribution for the load while slightly increasing tire wear through corners. Love me a slammed Peterbilt running a shiny reefer trailer.

A shame the wheelbase laws here in Canada make such a truck impossible (the one in my sig is probably close to 350", while the legal limit here is 244"). It does terrible things for the aerodynamics but looks fucking ace.

#36 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15867 posts) -

Seems pretty unlikely.

#37 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

Someday when we're dreaming

Deep in love, not a lot to say

Then we will remember, the things we said today.

#38 Posted by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

Doesnt really make sense.

A June 12th date means it would have to go gold in May......killing any surprise announcement of release date.

Not to mention the market never responds well to products are announced/shown and go on sale the same day.

Just seems weird that it would come from Dell.

I don't think their intention would be for a surprise release, just releasing after E3 because it's a good way to build up hype for the PS4 in general, show off a bunch of cool upcoming stuff and then, "Hey, look, you can get this right now too!" It's free marketing too because even the mainstream media reports on E3.

June seems like a good time as far as emptiness and spreading out exclusives goes but they'd have to announce it soon. Tomorrow is the date that supposedly got leaked via Twitter so maybe something will happen then.

#39 Edited by sukraj (21604 posts) -

Meh, not really looking forward to it to be honest.

I'm not a fan of racing games

#40 Posted by FastRobby (753 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

Oh yeah Kinect sports..jhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you were better off with nothing...hahahaha

Xbox One still has better exclusives

#41 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

Stop doing it to yourselves. Wait for official word.

#42 Edited by freedomfreak (38141 posts) -

I'm really wondering if they're trying to push 60FPS.

They haven't shown anything for quite a while now. A few months ago, we were getting new footage every week.

#43 Posted by hoosier7 (3658 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Evo_nine said:

Like what? Nothing's got an MC score higher than InFamous or even Resogun.

#44 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

I hear DriveClub is a launch game due out in November 2013. ROFL.

#45 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@Evo_nine said:

As a Xbox One owner I had the option to buy TitanFall. I bought it and play it. It has a higher score than the two games you mentioned. Do you have the option to play this on Dah Quad? I'll answer for you. NO.

#46 Posted by FastRobby (753 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@Evo_nine said:

Combined with Xbox Live services, I see Titanfall as an Xbox One exclusive. Also Resogun is an indie title

#47 Posted by hoosier7 (3658 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@Evo_nine said:

Combined with Xbox Live services, I see Titanfall as an Xbox One exclusive. Also Resogun is an indie title

Except it isn't exclusive, i don't know why you would see it that way when it's objectively inferior to the PC port.

Yeh Resogun is an indie title but you said exclusives.

#48 Posted by Evo_nine (1571 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@FastRobby said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@Evo_nine said:

Except it isn't exclusive, i don't know why you would see it that way when it's objectively inferior to the PC port.

well when comparing consoles, one can play it and one cant.

#49 Posted by hoosier7 (3658 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FastRobby said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@Evo_nine said:

well when comparing consoles, one can play it and one cant.

I haven't said anything contrary.

He said the X1 has better exclusives and i pointed out he's wrong.

It's funny that multiplats suddenly count again though.

#50 Edited by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

I'm really wondering if they're trying to push 60FPS.

They haven't shown anything for quite a while now. A few months ago, we were getting new footage every week.

It's super weird how little they've shown lately, even the social media is dead; the last post on their Twitter/Facebook is from Christmas time.