Does anybody still buy PSvita over 2ds/3ds?

• 62 results
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

it seems like this "war" should be over and sony should just throw in the towel and never make a handheld again i doubt anybody would buy it i mean who actually bought a psp or psvita over the nintendo counterpart and didnt later regret it?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Not a damn one of us.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I have a Vita but no 3/ds.

I wanted it for the skype, browsing and media playback abilities since I travel on business a lot. The games with PSN+ are a nice bonus.

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By johnnyblazed88

maybe im wrong and they sell in other countries i see their still 170-200$ if they weren't selling at all i assume they'd be alot cheaper like when dreamcast was dying i remember they dropped to 50$ before they dissapeared for good

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@SolidGame_basic@MarkAndExecute come add in your lol worthy input.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Vita would be interesting if it had a legitimate reason to buy one.

inb4charizardpraisespersona4

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By johnnyblazed88

it really is amazing looking at the game selection its hard to find any new stuff i see the same old crap that i saw in the first few months of its release

then you go over to 2ds is theres so much to choose from

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@johnnyblazed88 said:

it really is amazing looking at the game selection its hard to find any new stuff i see the same old crap that i saw in the first few months of its release

uh, then you're doing it wrong

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

My Vita is strictly for indie gaming. The indie games just fit the Vita. My 3DS get's much more play time.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I have both, and somehow I end up playing far more Vita.

Although that has more to do with the fact I already have PSN+ so I don't exactly have to "buy" games for Vita. I'm not a big handheld gamer, so I've probably only played about 5 games on 3DS, and about 10 or so on Vita. I did just pick up Freedom Wars for Vita as well.

That being said, if I was choosing just 1 today, the Vita would be a tougher sell because everyone knows Sony has given up on it. The 3DS isn't exactly loaded with games either, but at least we know Nintendo will bring more Mario, Zelda, Luigi, etc to it.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

I have a Vita. Never bought a DS system 2D or 3D and never will. Sad I'm missing out on the Shin Megami games and 999 but its not enough to make me buy one.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

There's plenty of enough reasons to choose one over the other.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

A Vita to me is more of an accessory rather than its own product.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

3DS has Persona Q. The Vita has Persona 4. The choice is not that easy...

@johnnyblazed88 said:

i mean who actually bought A PSP or psvita over the nintendo counterpart and didnt later regret it?

Wow there, buddy. Now you've gone too far. The PSP is the best portable ever made.

@PonchoTaco said:

@SolidGame_basic@MarkAndExecute come add in your lol worthy input.

Dude... System Wars. Not Fanboy Wars. Stop calling people out.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

I have both and would rather play the vita... I like the dual analog, the current indies, the cross save, cross buy, and remote play has settled more than a few fights in my crowded house of growing gamers.

We all have our own reasons that drive us to game on different devices... Someone said that in vitas case it's more of a side car to the other playstation hardware. I can see that argument, but my question would be, why is that a bad thing? I've played the last of us, Destiny, resogun, assassins creed unity, etc etc etc on my vita at times I've wanted to play those games but couldn't access the TV.... Thank you vita.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#16 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

As much as I want the Vita to be successful, Sony still has yet to give me a reason to buy one. Add the fact that they have all but abandoned it and even stores are slowly shrinking their dedicated shelf space for it. 2015 will probably be the system's last year before it is quietly discontinued.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Does any1 outside of Japen buy a handheld instead of a Xbox/Playstation/PC ?

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By johnnyblazed88

@aroxx_ab said:

smash bros and a few other 2ds games are getting me very close to buying one i think im gonna take the plunge this weekend

i havent played mario or any nintendo games in a long time and looks like theres a couple great ones on 2ds for only 120$ it looks like a great deal

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

TheEroica did.

And **** yeah, the Vita clowns the 3DS when it comes to good and great games. Doesn't mean I'm not up for some Mario Kart once in a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts
@aroxx_ab said:

You may not have heard about it, but there is this small thing called Pokémon. I've been told it has some popularity outside of "Japen", but I, personally, don't know anything about that Peek-a-choo guy. Is he the plumber with the red hat?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Nah. Most people here have gone tablet/smartphone. My kid was once a diehard Nintendo handheld gamer. Not anymore. She's gone tablet/smartphone much like everyone else.

I don't think she'll be getting a replacement for her 3DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I own both. The Vita is played for mostly one game at this point in time. The 3DS, for the fourth year running, is now my most played device for games all year.

There is no legitimate reason to purchase a Vita over a 3DS, considering the latter has an actual library of original, compelling games, and guaranteed future support. The Vita is a nice handheld, but it is my opinion that it should be bought as a supplement to the 3DS, not as a replacement.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib

@charizard1605 said:

I own both. The Vita is played for mostly one game at this point in time. The 3DS, for the fourth year running, is now my most played device for games all year.

There is no legitimate reason to purchase a Vita over a 3DS, considering the latter has an actual library of original, compelling games, and guaranteed future support. The Vita is a nice handheld, but it is my opinion that it should be bought as a supplement to the 3DS, not as a replacement.

If we were talking about this point in time, I would consider the impending launch of the New 3DS as a reason not to buy a 3DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

If we were talking about this point in time, I would consider the impending launch of the New 3DS as a reason not to buy a 3DS

Then my counterpoint would be to hold off on buying any handheld for a few months, spend money once, and get the better one.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@charizard1605: "No legitimate reason"

Okay now

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

just look at the sales. question answered.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

If you want ports of a bunch of old indie games then the PS Vita is a good choice.

If you want your asshole torn open by new game prices then get a 3DS.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib

@papatrop said:

If you want ports of a bunch of old indie games then the PS Vita is a good choice.

that is a tough choice

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@papatrop said:

Funny, but true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I did. I dont give a rats a** about Nintendo franchises. Tried some, never saw the appeal. Not that the Vita had that many bettter games than the 3DS but the fact it has awesome indies and two analog sticks (something that always bothered me on handheld devices was the lack of a second analog) made it the best choice for me. Handhelds are a dying breed anyway. Sony should quit making handhelds and if Nintendo didnt had pokemon it would be aswell. I only bought one because I was moving to another town and I still dont have a proper place of my own to bring my home consoles in. I just needed Persona 4 and indies and I would be cool, however, in the long run I had a couple of good surprises from games I wasnt expecting much like Killzone Mercenary and Gravity Rush. Oh, and EA gave me NFS:MW aswell wich was nice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
@charizard1605 said:

There is no legitimate reason to purchase a Vita over a 3DS

Double analog sticks, better ergonomics (imo), better graphics, no interest in Nintendo franchises, more interest in indies or Vita games over 3DS games

there, legitimate reasons to buy a Vita over the 3DS imo. Dont speak like yours is fact, please

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Vatusus said:
@charizard1605 said:

Double analog sticks, better ergonomics (imo), better graphics, no interest in Nintendo franchises, more interest in indies or Vita games over 3DS games

there, legitimate reasons to buy a Vita over the 3DS imo. Dont speak like yours is fact, please

Literally two sentences after that one, I specified in my opinion.What exactly are you taking issue with?

And it's not like 3DS has only Nintendo franchises, see, the good thing is, it actually has a lot of third party support to go along with the first party stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@charizard1605 said:

@Vatusus said:
@charizard1605 said:

Literally two sentences after that one, I specified in my opinion.What exactly are you taking issue with?

The sentence where you say "in my opinion" is out of context of the one were debating here so I call that bullshit.

And it's not like 3DS has only Nintendo franchises, see, the good thing is, it actually has a lot of third party support to go along with the first party stuff.

And besides Persona Q none of it interests me. The best rated games on the 3DS are Nintendo franchises for a reason...

See text in bold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Vatusus said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Vatusus said:
@charizard1605 said:

The sentence where you say "in my opinion" is out of context on the one were debating here so I call that bullshit.

And besides Persona Q none of it interests me. The best rated games on the 3DS are Nintendo franchises for a reason...

See text in bold

I meant it to be applicable to my entire post. My apologies for ambiguous wording.

Really? I mean, there is Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Persona, Devil Survivor, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Theatrhythm, Fantasy Life, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, Zero Escape, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Crimson Shroud, Shovel Knight, I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. Are you sure none of it interests you?

That said, if it doesn't, it doesn't. I will not argue opinions, I understand how a system's library can be fundamentally unappealing to someone.

However, the best rated games on 3DS are Nintendo's games not because it is lacking in quality third party games, but because Nintendo's games are, personal opinions and preferences aside, usually among the best made games.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@johnnyblazed88 said:

it seems like this "war" should be over and sony should just throw in the towel and never make a handheld again

Don't worry, they won't

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'd still buy a PSV over a 3DS.

That said, I won't buy another handheld from anyone. I'll leave that to a smartphone or tablet. Sony keeps fucking up their support for their handhelds and Nintendo doesn't fit my tastes.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I'm sure somebody did.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

"There is no legitimate reason to purchase a Vita over a 3DS"

Not everyone thinks like System Wars. Having more exclusives doesn't make it a more compelling purchase for others. I use my Vita a lot more because it looks better, feels better, and has great support with PS plus.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

I consider the 3DS and the Vita to be the two best gaming handhelds I've ever played. I use them more than any of the other handhelds or consoles that I've had. They both have everything I could ever want in mobile gaming.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

The 3ds is better than the vita, has a bigger library and so forth. The vita is still worth it for games like Rayman legends/origins, tearaway (one of my favorite games ever), persona 4, uncharted, killzone (not a fan personally but fps and dual analog sticks), add cod and unit 13 (which I liked a lot), sly cooper, rachet and clank, borderlands.

There's also a big collection of psp, psone games. As a crash bandicoot groupie it's nice to play on the move.

Its also nice for watching shows or YouTube, the screen and the picture quality are exceptional.

My biggest problem with the vita is its uncomfortable to play for more than an hour (in fact most handhelds are besides gameboy/gameboy colour/ gameboy advanced) and the memory cards are so overpriced. For my 3ds I bought a 32gb memory card for less than I can buy an 8gb memory card on the vita for.

I prefer 3ds, I'm a Nintendo groupie and they have the handhelds on lock but vita does have reasons to own. It's not the neo geo pocket or the Nokia N-Gage.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i have a vita and love it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@charizard1605 said:

@Vatusus said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Vatusus said:
@charizard1605 said:

The sentence where you say "in my opinion" is out of context on the one were debating here so I call that bullshit.

See text in bold

I meant it to be applicable to my entire post. My apologies for ambiguous wording.

Really? I mean, there is Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Persona, Devil Survivor, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Theatrhythm, Fantasy Life, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, Zero Escape, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Crimson Shroud, Shovel Knight, I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. Are you sure none of it interests you?

That said, if it doesn't, it doesn't. I will not argue opinions, I understand how a system's library can be fundamentally unappealing to someone.

However, the best rated games on 3DS are Nintendo's games not because it is lacking in quality third party games, but because Nintendo's games are, personal opinions and preferences aside, usually among the best made games.

Never played a ShinMegami Tensei game besides Persona so cant say, Monster Hunter looks unappealing to me. Resident Evil is on other platfoms same with MGS3, that I've already played and beaten to death on the PS2. Didnt knew there was a KH on the 3DS... Fantasy Life looks meh. Both Professor Layton and Ace attouney have rave reviews and look like good games but I recognize when a style of game doesnt interest me and both are the type of puzzle games I dont care about. Zero Escape is also on Vita. Ghost Recon is a series of games I never cared about. Shovel Knight is coming to the vita and I confess I dont know about Crimson Shroud but a google search shows me a JRPG with a metacritic score similar to Soul Sacrifice... not impressed

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

PSP had its good games not to mention homebrews. PS Vita is forgotten but I still play it. I would definitely buy the next Sony handheld.

I'm 23, way too old for Nintendo handhelds

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

plenty of people. mature people care about their own tastes, and don't buy a system just because it's the cool thing to do.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#45 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I only want a Vita because of Persona (@charizard1605 forced me) and some VNs.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lostrib

@SolidGame_basic said:

plenty of people. mature people care about their own tastes, and don't buy a system just because it's the cool thing to do.

you should not be talking about mature people

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I only want a Vita because of Persona (@charizard1605 forced me) and some VNs.

You have less than a year before Persona 5, get on it already >:-[

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

vita is a great handheld and just 'feels' better than the 3ds, i just wish that it got more 1st party support, at least

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

I bought a Vita for P4G, and I haven't really touched it since then. I also haven't touched my 3DS in a while.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I have only a Vita. I had a 3DS but sold it because it wasn't worth being locked into one region and having my games library effectively halved.

Truth be told though, I've not touched the Vita since FFX | X-2 HD Remaster came out. There's just nothing coming out for it that I'm interested in. It's a shame because at one point the Vita was my system of choice (between PS1/PSP games and the strong visual novel line-up) but now I only turn it on each Thursday to see the store updates.

The 3DS library is looking better and better to me but until Nintendo sorts out their region-locking I'm holding off until the end of the generation when the hardware is cheaper.