Does anybody still buy PSvita over 2ds/3ds?

• 62 results
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

PSP did a pretty good job at being a handheld. The Vita is a financial failure, and in my opinion sucks as a handheld. And the Vita crowd will try to justify it with their arguments about the abundance of indie titles. To me, the device is too expensive and isn't worth it for the "indie" library - you can get similar experiences for cheap on mobile/tablet/PC devices. There is no need to pay for such grunt for such a niche library.

They did well with the PSP, so they could try again next time.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Both are pretty meh.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#53 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

I own both the Vita and the N3DS XL, both are good handheld systems, each having their pros and cons.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

When I was thinking of getting a handheld it was between the 3ds and the vita.

I ultimately got the vita and don't regret it at all. The 3ds games just didn't appeal to me and I already own ps3/ps4 with ps plus so the vita is a no brainer.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@freedom01 said:

I own both the Vita and the N3DS XL, both are good handheld systems, each having their pros and cons.

I also own both and agree. The Vita is a great piece of hardware that lacks 1st party support in a big way. The indie games are what carries the Vita which isn't a bad thing. It's just too bad I am able to play the majority of the Vita library elsewhere.

The 3DS has an amazing library, especially 1st party. The screen resolution and hardware leaves a lot to be desired however. It's pretty jarring when each and every pixel is always visible when playing games. I look forward to trying the New 3DS whenever that releases in the states.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

None of them.

I still have my Gameboys since 1989, and I have 2 DSs, Lite & XL, but they're collecting dusts. I see no reason or motivation to buy either of them at this point. Handheld gaming just isn't there for me anymore. I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini and gets the job done just fine for those short portable gaming sessions. But that's about it really.

If I really really had to choose, I'd probably go for a 3DS for the simple reasons I'm more FAMILIAR with the games, especially Nintendo. And I like Nintendo's minimalist, simplicity and power efficiency in their portables. I had a blast with all the Gameboy games, got quite a collection, about 80-90 games for it's 20+ year history. And I have about 40+ DS games in all. So yeah. Nintendo handhelds usually deliver for me.

PS Vita looks nice, a nice selection of indie games and few physical games. But the memory cards are a ripoff. IDK if they've changed the prices. But overall, I don't see the point, when I have an iPad and iPhone.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I just dont have time for handhelds. I had both a 3DS and Vita, but they both never get used at all. I traded in the 3DS but i kept the Vita. If im gonna game on the go, i want a nice sharp display, plus i can put movies on it, I really enjoy the games on Vita more anyway..

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#58 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@johnnyblazed88: yup and i use it fairly often

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I think what's really keeping me from buying a Vita is my Smartphone, which can emulate everything NDS and prior + do a multitude of other things. Then again, I have a Sony Xperia Z2 so they got my money anyway (+ the Xperia Z line of phones is amazing).

Avatar image for deactivated-57de36cfc19df
deactivated-57de36cfc19df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-57de36cfc19df
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts

Vita is garbage and everyone knows it except for a few cow drones that never leave sw because they have nothing good to play.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Got them both and Vita has been stealing most of my gaming time recently. PSN has got some awesome sales lately and I've hoarded 20 titles already ( beaten two of them).

The game's I've got are: Killzone: Mercenary, Ys: The Memories of Celceta, Mortal Kombat 9, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Ratchet & Clank 2 HD, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Tearaway, Little Big Planet, Jet Grind Radio, The Walking Dead: Season one, Motorstorm: RC, Assassins Creed: Liberation, Dead Nation, Unit 13, Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition, Dragon's Crown aaaand that's all of them I guess.

Edit: Forgot Soul Sacrifice Delta.