Do the console gamers have misconceptions of pc?

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

u dont remember his constant bragging about how his pos 400$ pc he built sometime within the last 16 months craps all over the ps4?

Loading Video...

even in 2 of the least demanding maps his experience is just awful

Good framerate considering he's recording with a weak CPU and to an HDD.

Should beat the PS4 easily, especially with Mantle.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lol at this movie games nonsense. The Witcher is 4 times longer than Uncharted 2 but has 5 times the amount of cutscenes.

actually both uncharted and last of us are glorified hollywood movies rather than games.

Yet they have the same amount of cutscenes as pc centric titles like the original Max Payne. Starcraft 2 Heart of Swarm is more cutscene heavy than Uncharted 2 btw.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lol at this movie games nonsense. The Witcher is 4 times longer than Uncharted 2 but has 5 times the amount of cutscenes.

actually both uncharted and last of us are glorified hollywood movies rather than games.

Yet they have the same amount of cutscenes as pc centric titles like the original Max Payne. Starcraft 2 Heart of Swarm is more cutscene heavy than Uncharted 2 btw.

but those cutscene didnot ruin gameplay. Max payne was perfect blend of cinematic and gameplay unlike uncharted.

all uncharted has duck, cover, shooter, QTE than huge cutscene

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Starcraft 2 Heart of Swarm is more cutscene heavy than Uncharted 2 btw.

We're talking about QTE's.

The insult movie-game refers to a game that is mostly QTEs.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jankarcop

@ps4hasnogames said:

I feel all the best games come to consoles and PC gets all the leftover crap that wasn't good enough to make the cut, and RTS borefests.

According to gamespot and metacritic scores, the opposite actually happens :)

But I'm sure we'll take your word over theirs.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

Hmmm. That vid with the 400 dollar PC is interesting but what about buying a monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse? Decent stuff too. How much would that add to the bill??

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Would be a good topic if TC weren't so biased.

You talk about misconception about PC and then say console gamers are nothing but movie-games... right.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@GamingTitan said:

Hmmm. That vid with the 400 dollar PC is interesting but what about buying a monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse? Decent stuff too. How much would that add to the bill??

better yet.

what about plasma TV? multiple console plus handheld take double of amount of high end gaming PC. a decent PC can run almost every game.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

but those cutscene didnot ruin gameplay. Max payne was perfect blend of cinematic and gameplay unlike uncharted.

all uncharted has duck, cover, shooter, QTE than huge cutscene

Yet Uncharted 2 is one of the highest rated games of all time. Max Payne is bullet time, take pills, cutscene, bullet time, take pills cutscene etc. There really aren't that many qte's in Uncharted and the one's that are there are usually to make the cutscenes interactive. If Uncharted was a pc franchise it would be held in the same regard as the Half Life franchise.

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Starcraft 2 Heart of Swarm is more cutscene heavy than Uncharted 2 btw.

We're talking about QTE's.

The insult movie-game refers to a game that is mostly QTEs.

Stupid nickname since movies don't have qte's. Are you sure movie game insult didn't come from Metal Gear Solid and Heavy Rain type games since they are more of a movie then a game? Makes a lot more sense to me.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Cranler

@m3dude1 said:

u dont remember his constant bragging about how his pos 400$ pc he built sometime within the last 16 months craps all over the ps4?

Loading Video...

This is too funny. 30 fps in Operation locker.

He doesn't list OS, mouse/kb and factors in only 2gb ram. Next gen multiplates will be 6gb or possibly even 8 gb minimum.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jankarcop

When people say movie game they mean button prompts and quick-time-events over running the game, on top of cutscenes.

The issue with movie-games is that there is more of the above than gameplay. Even flash games have more gameplay.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@edwardecl said:

Well this thread is shit,

You seem to have misconceptions about consoles, there was one game on the PS2 that used the mouse and keyboard (a ported PC game, don't see many of those anymore). Game developers I guess are free to make games use mouse and keyboard if they want.

But yes generally Pc has more strategy games, but that is only one game type.

PC is better for strategy, FPS, complex WRPGs, and Sims because consoles don't get sims.

And even so, consoles don't actually have any advantage over PC in everything else, the only objective thing you could say are the exclusive titles. I'm not one to pick though, I have a console, but I prefer PC, it is more engaging for me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#63  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i play all my games on a console i grew up playing console games and thats the bottom line.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Misconception: uninspiredcup makes good threads.

He doesn't.

I don't think anyone thought that in the first place for it to be a misconception.

hes the biggest fakeboy on this forum, yet given so much attention.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

My friends, something I failed to mention and incredibly engrossing trivia. Total War and in particular Shogun 2 are based off movies. While title such as Uncharted are based of Indiana Jones (and consequently Solomon)

Shogun 2 is directly inspired by Akira Kurosawa's. Particularity "Ran", These are sophisticated movies for intelligent people seeking intellectual and artistic value as opposed to bubble gum entertainment monkey brain eating movies designed for young adults (Spielberg).

Rather than (like Uncharted) being shackled to attempting to directly mimic movies as medium, Shogun 2 uses the complex themes to enhance the gameplay. Taking the genuis of "Ran" (sophisticated epic) and presenting it in a fully interactive and manipulative manner. As opposed to a bunch of cutscenes of an Indiana Jones man with plagiarized celeb character designs because Naughty Dog are so shackled by the genre they attempt to emulate.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

I'm just patiently waiting for AmazonAngry's thread. It's gonna be loads of fun.

Oh man, my IQ is already scared of those threads. But the entertainment value will be huge.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By uninspiredcup

@sukraj said:

i play all my games on a console i grew up playing console games and thats the bottom line.

I think the case is, most pc gamers probably started off on consoles. At least the 20+ year old ones.

Back then, in the golden years of Snes, Mega Drive and the mighty Game Gear (I had a tv tuner) it was all about the gameplay. The drive to "movie games" can most likely be attributed to the Playstation 2 and Xbox.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, something I failed to mention and incredibly engrossing trivia. Total War and in particular Shogun 2 are based off movies. While title such as Uncharted are based of Indiana Jones (and consequently Solomon)

Shogun 2 is directly inspired by Akira Kurosawa's. Particularity "Ran", These are sophisticated movies for intelligent people seeking intellectual and artistic value as opposed to bubble gum entertainment monkey brain eating movies designed for young adults (Spielberg).

Rather than (like Uncharted) being shackled to attempting to directly mimic movies as medium, Shogun 2 uses the complex themes to enhance the gameplay. Taking the genuis of "Ran" (sophisticated epic) and presenting it in a fully interactive and manipulative manner. As opposed to a bunch of cutscenes of an Indiana Jones man with plagiarized celeb character designs because Naughty Dog are so shackled by the genre they attempt to emulate.

Shut the F**k up you utter tool

"Shogun 2 is directly inspired by Akira Kurosawa's. Particularity "Ran", These are sophisticated movies for intelligent people seeking intellectual and artistic value as opposed to bubble gum entertainment monkey brain eating movies designed for young adults (Spielberg)."

If thats the case why do you watch them seeing as you are so stupid,and if you are after intellectual and artistic value why the hell are you so incapable of using some of that in your posting rather than coming across as a preachy on your high horse douche bag?...and Spielberg making popcorn movies????? i watched Schindlers list you don't get much more popcorn movie than that right..right?

Please leave these forums and give everyone a rest from your idiocy. (And flip flopping)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By uninspiredcup

@naz99 said:

Any Total war is not based off or inspired by a movie you dunce

My chumling, I understand your enthusiastic response, given how surprising this revelation is. if (like me) you followed the development of Shogun 2, the developers outright said "without Akira Kurusawa Total War wouldn't exist". Saying these are direct movies inspired by works. If you doubt my word (which is correct) look up the video diary's

It should be noted as well, having a keen eye and being a movie auteur I found that the original "Shogun" trailer features footage directly from Ran.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Factually based proof "movie game" doesn't equate to "non game".

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@lostrib said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Do the console gamers have misconceptions of pc?

Every time a console gamer talks about pc they bring this up.

So in other words, you?

@uninspiredcup said:

As primarily a console gamer I find pc gamers very amusing.

@uninspiredcup said:

As someone who is primarily a console gamer, I agree 100%.

Just because you're with a particular group or not, it doesn't mean you can't see or call them out on their terrible arguments.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

I find it ironic you of all people would make a thread like this considering how much ignorance and misinformation you spread yourself

Wouldn't expect less from a troll tho

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By naz99

@uninspiredcup said:

@naz99 said:

My chumling, I understand your enthusiastic response, given how surprising this revelation is. if (like me) you followed the development of Shogun 2, the developers outright said "without Akira Kurusawa Total War wouldn't exist". Saying these are direct movies inspired by works. If you doubt my word (which is correct) look up the video diary's

It should be noted as well, having a keen eye and being a movie auteur I found that the original "Shogun" trailer features footage directly from Ran.

Being inspired by a movie does not make the game a Movie game or Based on a movie......does that mean GTA is a movie game because they watched and were inspired by Goodfellas and Scarface etc?

No.

"My chumling, I understand your enthusiastic response, given how surprising this revelation"

"It should be noted as well, having a keen eye and being a movie auteur"

And how about you talk to people and about yourself ike you are a fucking human being and not like you are lord saviour speaking down to your Peons.

You have not and will never earn the right, you are just a Half Arsed troll and it makes you look like a bigger Douche than you already are.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 uninspiredcup

@naz99 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@naz99 said:

Being inspired by a movie does not make the game a Movie game or Based on a movie......does that mean GTA is a movie game because they watched Goodfellas and Scarface etc?

Backtracking wont stop me being right.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By naz99

@uninspiredcup said:

@naz99 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@naz99 said:

Being inspired by a movie does not make the game a Movie game or Based on a movie......does that mean GTA is a movie game because they watched Goodfellas and Scarface etc?

Backtracking wont stop me being right.

Even you have to be right sometimes and most of us can agree on here it does not happen very often.....and who is back tracking? please point it out.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

PC + more power = still not interested

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said: If Uncharted was a pc franchise it would be held in the same regard as the Half Life franchise..

if it was PC game it would be panned by critics and PC gamers alike.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#78 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

the total war series is an example of the broken, buggy, and seemingly unfinished games you regularly find only on pc

Loading Video...

He was talking about Shogun 2 .

"Shogun 2 is a masterpiece"

Loading Video...

Broken Games are everywhere . On consoles too . Good thing about PC is that , the game gets fixed pretty soon due to lack of QC procedure . Rome 2 works great after patch 8 , that came out several months ago . Can you say the same about this masterpiece .?

Loading Video...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#79 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Cranler said:

And 10 times more gameplay . There are 153 cutscenes in original Witcher and you don't see all of them until you play the game several times , making different choices along the way . It is non linear RPG , not a corridor shooter .

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#80  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

No one cares.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Bigboi500: a lot of pc gamers also own at least one console.

I own a 360, ps3 and now a wii u.

The pertantage of console gamers who own a capable gaming pc is likely to be much lower.

So a lot of pc gamers will not have misconceptions of consoles

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

no misconceptions at all in fact it's very clear. petitions show PC beggars want console games

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@system-reboot:"actually both uncharted and last of us are glorified hollywood movies rather than games."

and actually both games are two of the most critically acclaimed titles of generation 7. The Last of Us is the most award winning game of all time.

stay jelly ;-)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#84 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@Bigboi500: a lot of pc gamers also own at least one console.

I own a 360, ps3 and now a wii u.

The pertantage of console gamers who own a capable gaming pc is likely to be much lower.

So a lot of pc gamers will not have misconceptions of consoles

Yet they still do. A lot of the PC gamers who own consoles only play a handful of blockbusters on them, but know next to nothing about the niche titles they have.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@amazonangry said:

@system-reboot:"actually both uncharted and last of us are glorified hollywood movies rather than games."

and actually both games are two of the most critically acclaimed titles of generation 7. The Last of Us is the most award winning game of all time.

stay jelly ;-)

yes because awards mean shit.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

Console gamers have a better respect for gaming. They buy dedicated gaming systems, and they all use the same hardware as each other to keep it fair. They realize gameplay is more important than graphics, and they are budget-concious. I'd say conole gamers are far better gamers, and a lot more reasonable people in general.

Nice try.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

On some occasions yes they do.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

Console gamers have a better respect for gaming. They buy dedicated gaming systems, and they all use the same hardware as each other to keep it fair. They realize gameplay is more important than graphics, and they are budget-concious. I'd say conole gamers are far better gamers, and a lot more reasonable people in general.

Provided some good lolz

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Bigboi500: I don't have those misconceptions and I know several others who don't either.

People who post and give that impression are likely to be trolls.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Consoles have their place...PC has it's place...

The main reason consoles exist is because of piracy and convenience. Publishers get a bit twitchy when releasing anything on PC, and publishers want to cater to the bigger audience. I would like more games on PC as that is my preferred choice of platform as it's more open. I like the modding, I like being able at a later date to upgrade my system to play the game even better, I like it when people provide graphics upgrades to a game so a HD remaster is not required, and not only that the games are cheaper.

Also if you are not willing to spend tons of cash you don't have to, just get a med-high spec hardware and be happy with it and upgrade every 2 or 3 years, it's not like your games are suddenly going to be incompatible when upgrading. Does not matter if it's not the fastest thing out as long as you can play the games reasonably well.

As for control inputs, mouse and keyboard for anything other than strategy games and first person shooter is shit, PC hardcore gamers try to tell you otherwise are fucking idiots. As for flight stick, **** that who can be arsed buying a specific piece of hardware for a flight simulator that can be player almost as well with a joypad. You are also forgetting that consoles can use steering wheels, so if the market is there for a game and hardware combo the developers will make it, although I'm not really sure why they don't put mouse and keyboard option in for every multi-plat.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said: If Uncharted was a pc franchise it would be held in the same regard as the Half Life franchise..

Then why do most multiplats score about the same on console and pc? Pc gamers hate on Uncharted simply because it's not on their platform. Max Payne 3 is more deserving of the movie game label than Uncharted, it's same length game but more than twice as many cutscenes yet it's loved by pc gamers. Max Payne 3 can't hold a candle to Uncharted.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 uninspiredcup

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

Then why do most multiplats score about the same on console and pc?

Copy paste console reviews from people who are not even 20 yet.

Waste of time.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Cranler

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@uninspiredcup said:

No one cares.

The pc game Star Trek Elite Force 2 was the first time a dev used an actors likeness in a game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Cranler said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@uninspiredcup said:

No one cares.

The pc game Star Trek Elite Force 2 was the first time a dev used an actors likeness in a game.

Which was legally an "owned franchise" with permission as opposed to outright plagiarism.

Also it wasn't.

xdrjx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 xdrjx
Member since 2004 • 56 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

uff, you must be 14yo :/

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Cranler

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cranler said:

And 10 times more gameplay . There are 153 cutscenes in original Witcher and you don't see all of them until you play the game several times , making different choices along the way . It is non linear RPG , not a corridor shooter .

The Witcher is a movie game compared to console exclusive non linear rpg's like Demons Souls.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#98  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Loading Video...

people seem to know exactly what settings im playing now lol

we have mantle now and im currently running on 900p (=ps4) + all ULTRA + fxaa + high textures(because mantle still has a memory leak, not because of performance)

50-60fps in all maps

i see bf4 ps4 footage now and it looks like shit compared to what im used to

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

Then why do most multiplats score about the same on console and pc? Pc gamers hate on Uncharted simply because it's not on their platform. Max Payne 3 is more deserving of the movie game label than Uncharted, it's same length game but more than twice as many cutscenes yet it's loved by pc gamers. Max Payne 3 can't hold a candle to Uncharted.

you are right. max payne 3 is also another bad bad movie game and nothing like first 2.

its not loved by PC gamers. lot of fans of original are dissapointed by this game.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

you are right. max payne 3 is also another bad bad movie game and nothing like first 2.

its not loved by PC gamers. lot of fans of original are dissapointed by this game.

Max Payne 1 is shorter than Uncharted yet has same amount of cutscenes. I guess movie games began on pc.