Do the console gamers have misconceptions of pc?

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

@rorytmeadows said:

I am a console gamer and own a gaming PC. I just choose not to use the PC. Of my IRL friends, they play only lame RPG games on PC that I'm not interested in. Of the pool of my friends, the ones I am interested in, play on XB1 or PS4. I don't like the controller for PS4, so XB1 wins.

I fully understand the graphical capabilities of PC, I just don't care. I'd rather just boot up and go and not have to worry about improvements. And yes, you do have to upgrade. Size of monitor, speed of machine, internet connection all are variables that weigh in on getting kills on FPS games. People can literally buy themselves into more kills. Consoles even that out a bit more.

So you're saying TV size don't matter for console and Internet connection has no impact ?

rorytmeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 rorytmeadows
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

I am a console gamer and own a gaming PC. I just choose not to use the PC. Of my IRL friends, they play only lame RPG games on PC that I'm not interested in. Of the pool of my friends, the ones I am interested in, play on XB1 or PS4. I don't like the controller for PS4, so XB1 wins.

I fully understand the graphical capabilities of PC, I just don't care. I'd rather just boot up and go and not have to worry about improvements. And yes, you do have to upgrade. Size of monitor, speed of machine, internet connection all are variables that weigh in on getting kills on FPS games. People can literally buy themselves into more kills. Consoles even that out a bit more.

So you're saying TV size don't matter for console and Internet connection has no impact ?

It's just more leveled out. I learned this back in the days of Counterstrike on my college LAN. Players on my team updated their equipment and improved their game. The jumps to be made with PC gaming are much bigger than the ones that can be done with consoles, hence the evenness of consoles. I believe that the jump from a 22 inch monitor to a 46 inch screen is more of a difference than a 46 to 55 inch, which I've seen more in the console environment.

Processing speed, overclocking, RAM, video memory, hot keys, etc. all are factors in getting better accuracy. Consoles remove that.

But again, remember that the original reason I mentioned a preference for consoles was on what my friends were gaming.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38027 Posts

@MonsieurX: PO-TAY-TO!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 cainetao11

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

You seem to have misconceptions about consoles, there was one game on the PS2 that used the mouse and keyboard (a ported PC game, don't see many of those anymore). Game developers I guess are free to make games use mouse and keyboard if they want.

My freind, you seem to be missing the point of the point, you bring up, regarding my point.

It is not simply a case of hardware, it's an ecosystem. PC breeds intellectual games for intellectuals.

Consoles (as in the Xbox and Playstation) are now, primarily, movie games. i.e. barely games... Because thats (as you say) what they want. The nature of a beast. A loin eating wildebeest because god programmed it too. PC a whale, the most intelligent shark in the ocean.

LOL you need to do some educational reading on that PC then. A whale is an intelligent shark!! See it this August on Shark week: Brain teasers!! It doesn't matter that they are different species, and one has gills and the other a mammal with lungs.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Gue1 said:

the misconception of believing in herms when they say they can make a $400 pc that is more powerful than a PS4 and that PC actually has decent exclusives beside some trashy F2P games and RTS'. I bet that most of the games herms play are hand me down console ports. Because you know the real money is made on consoles, so the games are made for us first. That's why herms are so bitter all the time. Just look at this thread, the first comments are jelly mad herms: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/sdc-report-new-pics-deep-down-details-in-july-31395748/

There is so much fail in that post. And considering how low the bar is set for your posts, that is truly saying something.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#206  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58822 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

You seem to have misconceptions about consoles, there was one game on the PS2 that used the mouse and keyboard (a ported PC game, don't see many of those anymore). Game developers I guess are free to make games use mouse and keyboard if they want.

My freind, you seem to be missing the point of the point, you bring up, regarding my point.

It is not simply a case of hardware, it's an ecosystem. PC breeds intellectual games for intellectuals.

Consoles (as in the Xbox and Playstation) are now, primarily, movie games. i.e. barely games... Because thats (as you say) what they want. The nature of a beast. A loin eating wildebeest because god programmed it too. PC a whale, the most intelligent shark in the ocean.

LOL you need to do some educational reading on that PC then. A whale is an intelligent shark!! See it this August on Shark week: Brain teasers!! It doesn't matter that they are different species, and one has gills and the other a mammal with lungs.

My friend, every creature is derived from stardust. Technically, we are all the same entity, making me factually and objectivity correct in the thing, I said.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#207 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

This misconception that pc gaming is somehow more expensive. And that you need to build a $1200 or cheaper PC for it to be less expensive. Maybe... maybe you also need games and that makes PC a pretty good deal from a purely financial standpoint.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 cainetao11

@uninspiredcup said:

@cainetao11 said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

My friend, every creature is derived from stardust. Technically, we are all the same entity, making me factually and objectivity correct in the thing, I said.

My pal, while I agree we are all from the same creative force, and living this physical phenomenon of life for the sole purpose of sensory experience, that doesn't rationalize your BS. I know you like trying to come across how ever you label yourself, but no. That was weak.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By uninspiredcup

@cainetao11 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@cainetao11 said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

My pal, while I agree we are all from the same creative force, and living this physical phenomenon of life for the sole purpose of sensory experience, that doesn't rationalize your BS. I know you like trying to come across how ever you label yourself, but no. That was weak.

But you agreed I was right.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Bebi_vegeta

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

It's just more leveled out. I learned this back in the days of Counterstrike on my college LAN. Players on my team updated their equipment and improved their game. The jumps to be made with PC gaming are much bigger than the ones that can be done with consoles, hence the evenness of consoles. I believe that the jump from a 22 inch monitor to a 46 inch screen is more of a difference than a 46 to 55 inch, which I've seen more in the console environment.

Processing speed, overclocking, RAM, video memory, hot keys, etc. all are factors in getting better accuracy. Consoles remove that.

But again, remember that the original reason I mentioned a preference for consoles was on what my friends were gaming.

I don't see how a bigger screen will make you a better player.

None of what you mention affect accurancy.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By cainetao11

@uninspiredcup:

Oh please. Taking it back to the fact that life sprang from one source doesn't justify calling the largest mammal on the planet an intelligent fish. I never said you were "right". It was stupid, imo. I made fun of it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 uninspiredcup

@cainetao11 said:

@uninspiredcup:

Oh please. Taking it back to the fact that life sprang from one source doesn't justify calling the largest mammal on the planet an intelligent fish. I never said you were "right". It was stupid, imo. I made fun of it.

But you said it was right.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@Bebi_vegeta: I prefer having a smaller screen. Trying to play Counter strike on a 42" display versus a 24" is difficult for me.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Bebi_vegeta

@gameofthering said:

@Bebi_vegeta: I prefer having a smaller screen. Trying to play Counter strike on a 42" display versus a 24" is difficult for me.

Exactly, it's really about preference.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By cainetao11

@cainetao11 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@cainetao11 said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

Show me where I said "youre right" @uninspiredcup none of that has been proven to be fact anymore than Christianity has

rorytmeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By rorytmeadows

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

Headshots = easier

Sniping = easier

Sometimes depending on the game or monitor setup = field of view wider

Larger TV, better resolution = further POV

Faster/more powerful specs = better environment rendering, further POV

Hot keys (mouse, keyboard, etc.) = faster in-game buying, techniques, mapping

You can literally buy yourself into being good. I hated that aspect when I played CS.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Bebi_vegeta

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

Headshots = easier

Sniping = easier

You can literally buy yourself into being good. I hated that aspect when I played CS.

Which again has nothing to do with accurancy.

In no way does a bigger screen make you better...

Large TV don't have better resolution...

How does better enviromment rendering (whatever that means) make anyone a better player.

Your only valid point would be hot keys, which could all be done software wise.

It really seems like you have absolutely no idea of what your talking about. Have you ever been to a lan tournament ? Did you ever see someone bring a 55" screen to be better ?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Yeah I was told you would have to give up your firstborn and your social life to be accepted into the hermit circle but ha (!) I have neither to begin with.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Disappointed it's not the gif version

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Only people that consistently hate on Half-Life 2 are those who had not played Half-Life 2 until they've played multiple FPSs that were directly influenced by Half-Life 2. Same with Halo CE, the original CoD or Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

It's hard to understand how good a genre defining game is if you've played games that were influenced by it. That's why so many newer gamers don't get the love for the earlier, genre definite games in any genre. It's not new or exciting to them as they've already played games that have incorporated aspects of the genre defining game's design.

Criticizing isn't hating. Just pointing out that like any other game it has imperfections.

HL 2's physics were a small step up from Far Cry. The friendly npc animations were good but that's not really gameplay and certainly doesn't make it replayable. I would have preferred they spend more time on combat ai than firendly npc ai. The only real gameplay innovation was the gravity gun. There were some hollywood movie style set pieces during Water Hazard where you have explosion left and right. You didn't see that much back in those days although I remember CoD having some great set pieces for the time.

When it comes to actual shooting which is supposed to be the main attraction of a shooter CoD, Far Cry, Halo and Vietcong did it better.

I bough HL 2 on release day btw. It was an awesome game on the first playthrough but i had no desire to replay when finished. Far cry on the other hand I immediately started a new campaign.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

Cranler is changing the subject everytime he gets gang raped by just about everyone for being wrong.

Remember his original statement? That Uncharted and Last of Us are less movie games than starcraft2, HL2, and maxpayne....lol

Where did i change the subject? I see a lot of people only addressing parts or none of my posts because they have no counterpoint.

I never said all those games were more movie like but Max Payne has a higher percentage of cutscenes than Uncharted.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 cainetao11

@MonsieurX said:

@cainetao11 said:

Disappointed it's not the gif version

I just let people down.............................

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#223 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@lazerface216 said:

do pc gamers have misconceptions of consoles? so many questions in this world...

i was about to say the same

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#224  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

Headshots = easier

Sniping = easier

How does better enviromment rendering (whatever that means) make anyone a better player.

It really seems like you have absolutely no idea of what your talking about. Have you ever been to a lan tournament ? Did you ever see someone bring a 55" screen to be better ?

Also, I think many CS pros play on low settings, and even at resolutions less than 1080p. And they just set keybinds for buying and other things which is done through the CS console.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

Are people really trying to argue that HL2 doesn't have terrible AI?

The gunship, hunter helicopter, Striders, ant loins, ant-queens and Hunters behave in arguably the most organic and realistic manner in FPS to this day.

I don't even remember how any of those behave, since you only spend a small fraction of that game fighting those enemies.

The humanoid ai is terrible.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By uninspiredcup

@topgunmv said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

The gunship, hunter helicopter, Striders, ant loins, ant-queens and Hunters behave in arguably the most organic and realistic manner in FPS to this day.

I don't even remember how any of those behave, since you only spend a small fraction of that game fighting those enemies.

Completely ignoring the ant-lions, about 2/4 of the game is fighting air-vehicles and 1/4 fighting striders and about 2/4 or Episode 2 dealing with Striders and Hunters at the same time.

Seems like, you just have no idea what you are talking about? That could be a possibility worth pondering.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 topgunmv

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

Completely ignoring the ant-lions, about 2/4 of the game is fighting air-vehicles and 1/4 fighting striders and about 2/4 or Episode 2 dealing with Striders and Hunters at the same time.

Seems like, you just have no idea what you are talking about? That could be a possibility worth pondering.

Off the top of my head I know you only fight striders for one or two levels near the end of HL2 and the last battle of episode1 and 2, aka you're pulling numbers out of your ass.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 uninspiredcup

@topgunmv said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

Off the top of my head

My friend, as someone who completed Halflife 2 at least once a year, your head is useless.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By topgunmv

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

Off the top of my head

My friend, as someone who completed Halflife 2 at least once a year, your head is useless.

Fractions are hard huh?

Don't be mad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By uninspiredcup

@topgunmv said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@topgunmv said:

Off the top of my head

Fractions are hard huh?

Don't be mad.

Be very odd to be mad about right.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Hermits? Do you freaks actually believe that you're the only ones who have access to Windows or something?

I've done plenty of PC gaming and it was never worth the hassle let alone even marginally close to the transformative experience you nutters try and make it out to be. Notice that the most vehement hermits are from countries that they don't even ship consoles to. Any surprise they're bitter?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Cranler

@walloftruth said:

@GamingTitan said:

Hmmm. That vid with the 400 dollar PC is interesting but what about buying a monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse? Decent stuff too. How much would that add to the bill??

The monitor and speakers obviously don't count in this case, it's PS4 vs PC, not PS4 + TV + speakers vs PC + monitor + speakers. Plus you could use your TV anyway for PC gaming, it's fun to play amazing looking games on a huge screen.

And gaming mice and keyboards are pretty cheap, you don't have to buy a $40 mouse just to play games. Hell, I play competitive LoL and CS:GO and use a $15 mouse and a $10 keyboard, there's really no need for super expensive peripherals. You could also get a $20 Xbox 360 controller if you prefer playing with a gamepad.

Mouse/kb feels very laggy on tv's even when using game mode. 360 controller is almost a requirement at this point. Dark Souls and Brothers with m/kb is awful.

@walloftruth said:
@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said: If Uncharted was a pc franchise it would be held in the same regard as the Half Life franchise..

if it was PC game it would be panned by critics and PC gamers alike.

Then why do most multiplats score about the same on console and pc? Pc gamers hate on Uncharted simply because it's not on their platform. Max Payne 3 is more deserving of the movie game label than Uncharted, it's same length game but more than twice as many cutscenes yet it's loved by pc gamers. Max Payne 3 can't hold a candle to Uncharted.

you are right. max payne 3 is also another bad bad movie game and nothing like first 2.

its not loved by PC gamers. lot of fans of original are dissapointed by this game.

Max Payne 1 is shorter than Uncharted yet has same amount of cutscenes. I guess movie games began on pc.

Wow, you're not serious, are you? Just stop, you clearly don't know the definition of the word "movie-game".

Movie game moniker comes from games like Metal gear solid and Heavy Rain. What's your definition of a movie game?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:
Notice that the most vehement hermits are from countries that they don't even ship consoles to. Any surprise they're bitter?

What countries are those?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

The monitor and speakers obviously don't count in this case, it's PS4 vs PC, not PS4 + TV + speakers vs PC + monitor + speakers. Plus you could use your TV anyway for PC gaming, it's fun to play amazing looking games on a huge screen.

And gaming mice and keyboards are pretty cheap, you don't have to buy a $40 mouse just to play games. Hell, I play competitive LoL and CS:GO and use a $15 mouse and a $10 keyboard, there's really no need for super expensive peripherals. You could also get a $20 Xbox 360 controller if you prefer playing with a gamepad.

Mouse/kb feels very laggy on tv's even when using game mode. 360 controller is almost a requirement at this point. Dark Souls and Brothers with m/kb is awful.

Movie game moniker comes from games like Metal gear solid and Heavy Rain. What's your definition of a movie game?

I disagree. I've been playing on my 24" 1080p TV and PC monitor dual-setup since 2010. Alternating between the two, I don't see the lag.

Heck. I even use a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard set.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Cranler said:

Mouse/kb feels very laggy on tv's even when using game mode.

Well. That depends.

I've got 60 Hz monitors and 60 Hz TV's. In terms of input latency they behave identically. Maybe your TV is 50 Hz, that's common.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Cranler

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

Well. That depends.

I've got 60 Hz monitors and 60 Hz TV's. In terms of input latency they behave identically. Maybe your TV is 50 Hz, that's common.

It's not the hz it's the input lag. Monitors have much lower input lag than tv's.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

I disagree. I've been playing on my 24" 1080p TV and PC monitor dual-setup since 2010. Alternating between the two, I don't see the lag.

I've never experienced this lagg either when hooking up to my TV.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@GamingTitan said:

Hmmm. That vid with the 400 dollar PC is interesting but what about buying a monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse? Decent stuff too. How much would that add to the bill??

Again with your bs, i play on my big screen tv and it feels just like the monitor but by all means keep spreading bs, it's all you do on these forums.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Krelian-co

@Jankarcop said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

just check that guy posting history, he seems to just spread bs about pc gaming lol, some butthurt peasant i bet.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 topgunmv

@uninspiredcup said:

Be very odd to be mad about right.

You come across as someone who sniffs a lot of glue.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

Well. That depends.

It's not the hz it's the input lag. Monitors have much lower input lag than tv's.

well it would depend on the monitor and the tv. http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

many tv's within the gaming recommendations. its possible these other gents have monitors/tv's all below 41ms input lag.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Cranler

@Krelian-co said:

@Jankarcop said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

just check that guy posting history, he seems to just spread bs about pc gaming lol, some butthurt peasant i bet.

So you think a tv which isn't even designed around being used with a mouse is going to perform as well as a monitor which is designed to be used with a mouse?

Bs about pc gaming? Input lag isnt pc specific. Controllers on a monitor feel more responsive as well.

Notice how the average monitor input lag is much better than the average tv http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/145141/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#245  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Jankarcop said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

So you think a tv which isn't even designed around being used with a mouse is going to perform as well as a monitor which is designed to be used with a mouse?

Bs about pc gaming? Input lag isnt pc specific. Controllers on a monitor feel more responsive as well.

Notice how the average monitor input lag is much better than the average tv http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/145141/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database

Yup, something I can agree with you this time. Input lags are far decreased when using a monitor. (Monitors aren't exempt to the PC, they are used widely in MLG esports for consoles as well.)

But, it's not to say you can't game your PC on the TV. You'll just get more input lag, same applies for the console.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@Cranler said:

On one of your links, it says you can avoid the input lag by using the VGA port. Well, that's what I've been using to hook up my PC with.

I stand by my own actual experience with using HDTV as a monitor.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Krelian-co

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Jankarcop said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

this is why you ignorant consolites will never go out of mcdonalds, the lag input you so speak of is directly related to the response time of tvs, modern tvs usually have below 5 ms of response time and work at 60hz which is equal to monitors, unless you activate a bunch of post processing bs you won't notice difference at all, also you think a keyboard and mouse would have input lag but a console controller would not? lol.

Ofc you working at mcdonalds probably have a crappy tv with a crappy response time.

rorytmeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By rorytmeadows

@Bebi_vegeta:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

Headshots = easier

Sniping = easier

Getting headshots vs. not - accuracy. If I have a bigger screen, I can minutely tweak the mouse sensitivity to work well for the larger screen. Easier to get to a bigger head.

On a 26 inch monitor 1080p vs 720p isn't detectable. On a 55 inch monitor, it is. On a small monitor, I may see a tiny moving blur in the background of an environment. On a larger screen with better resolution, I may actually see a moving person and make out their head, to which, I can target.

Actually, I have been in a LAN tournament for Counterstrike (won both times :D). People don't bring their own equipment aside from headphones, but that is a setup that evens out the playing field. During these tournaments, my teammates who had better hardware at home were not as good. Myself, with the lowest specs at home, actually did the best on the mediocre machines used for the tournament. But I wasn't talking about tournaments, I was talking about playing online in general. I have no interest in playing in LAN parties. When I play at home, I want to do well. It's not fun to suck. I don't want to have to constantly invest to stay ahead of the curve.

Again, I've seen the larger monitor thing happen. Two clanmates were boasting better KTD ratios upon buying larger monitors, one clanmate was better when upgrading their machine. Mechanically and physically, it makes sense.

I'm not sure why you're attempting to argue down my points. My mind is made up already based on my witnessed experiences and the fact that none of my friends play on PC anymore (games I'd play with them). It's easier to buy a console and not worry about specs, upgrades, hardware, convincing friends to go back to PCs, etc. Gaming on PC serves no benefit to me. People consistently say the same benefits of PC gaming to me: better graphics, better community, more variety of games. I don't care about each of those.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

In simplest terms: I think pc gamers have a misconception of what they hear come out of a lot of console gamers mouths.