Do consolites really think that PC gaming lacks diversity?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

In the last month alone has amassed almost double the AAE+ exclusives than both the 360 and PS3 COMBINED so far this year and had a AAAE which neither the 360 nor PS3 has managed in 2012.

Of these games theres been:

1 RPG (AAE) Torchlight 2

1 Simulation (AAE) FTL

1 MMORPG (AAAE!) Guild Wars 2

So when 1 month of PC = more than 3 times your favourite console's offerings of the entire year so far, each in a different genre, how can you argue the PC is dying, that it offers no diversity and that console gaming offers a better experience?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
No, that's only ShadowMoses. But he's an idiot, so who cares what he thinks. Btw, that Sherlock Holmes game is incredible. Anyone who is a fan of adventure games even in the slightest probably should check it out.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

No, that's only ShadowMoses. But he's an idiot, so who cares what he thinks. Btw, that Sherlock Holmes game is incredible. Anyone who is a fan of adventure games even in the slightest probably should check it out.charizard1605

*thumbs up*

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]No, that's only ShadowMoses. But he's an idiot, so who cares what he thinks. Btw, that Sherlock Holmes game is incredible. Anyone who is a fan of adventure games even in the slightest probably should check it out.

I'll have to get that on a Steam sale. I just got BL2, have XCOM coming next week and Football Manager 13 preordered! :o
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wis3boi

No, that's only ShadowMoses. But he's an idiot, so who cares what he thinks. Btw, that Sherlock Holmes game is incredible. Anyone who is a fan of adventure games even in the slightest probably should check it out.charizard1605

*thumbs up*

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I certainly hope none of them actually think that. They can't even use the "I'm not spending $2,000 on a PC to play those games" argument either since they could all run on any modern PC.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

I certainly hope none of them actually think that. They can't even use the "I'm not spending $2,000 on a PC to play those games" argument either since they could all run on any modern PC.

BPoole96
All too often you get people saying that PC games only have RTS's and MMORPG's BTW Wisboi your sig makes me unable to look at the monitor for long but is strangely hypnotic lol
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]No, that's only ShadowMoses. But he's an idiot, so who cares what he thinks. Btw, that Sherlock Holmes game is incredible. Anyone who is a fan of adventure games even in the slightest probably should check it out.

My darn backlog. I've been getting into adventure games lately, though, though it's mainly really easy stuff like The Walking Dead or To the Moon. Started on The Longest Journey, which is a little bit more daunting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]No, that's only ShadowMoses. But he's an idiot, so who cares what he thinks. Btw, that Sherlock Holmes game is incredible. Anyone who is a fan of adventure games even in the slightest probably should check it out.

My darn backlog. I've been getting into adventure games lately, though, though it's mainly really easy stuff like The Walking Dead or To the Moon. Started on The Longest Journey, which is a little bit more daunting.

This one is borderline impossible. The puzzles require a literal Holmes to get through sometimes.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I haven't heard of them, therefore they are irrelevant obscure sh*t. Even though i never heard of them, i can use my mental power and deduce they are not worth playing. Only games with billions spent in advertisment matter on this planet.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

I haven't heard of them, therefore they are irrelevant obscure sh*t. Even though i never heard of them, i can use my mental power and deduce they are not worth playing. Only games with billions spent in advertisment matter on this planet.

Lucianu
lol I love that one. :lol:
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wis3boi

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

blue_hazy_basic

All too often you get people saying that PC games only have RTS's and MMORPG's BTW Wisboi your sig makes me unable to look at the monitor for long but is strangely hypnotic lol

< 3 you too :D

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

wis3boi

< 3 you too :D

Not to mention all the boobage on steam. >.>
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]No, that's only ShadowMoses. But he's an idiot, so who cares what he thinks. Btw, that Sherlock Holmes game is incredible. Anyone who is a fan of adventure games even in the slightest probably should check it out.

This one is borderline impossible. The puzzles require a literal Holmes to get through sometimes.

Is it like that Cthulu mythos crossover ("The Awakening," was it called?) where you have to pick out tiny details at the scene?
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

where is ShadowMoses?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

it's probably because a lack of advertising or hype for most pc games. they sneak up quietly and people here don't make a big deal when the games do show up.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
If they do then it's their loss
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Im sure anyone, on its right mind, knows PC have always been the best system.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

i love adventure games, so I'm going to check it out for sure. To the Tc, PC dominates, that's why it's my preferred gaming platform.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
Morons.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Isn't Testament of Sherlock Holmes mulit plat?
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

Isn't Testament of Sherlock Holmes mulit plat? Heil68
**** it is lol

Thanks for ruining the thread Heil! *goes to edit*

EDIT fixed :D

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Isn't Testament of Sherlock Holmes mulit plat? blue_hazy_basic
**** it is lol Thanks for ruining the thread Heil! *goes to edit*

ehh, to me, adventure games are perfect for m/kb, cant imagine playing them on anything else. :P
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Heil68"]Isn't Testament of Sherlock Holmes mulit plat? Heil68

ehh, to me, adventure games are perfect for m/kb, cant imagine playing them on anything else. :P

me either, I didn't even consider it would be on consoles.
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts
the pc has a ton of great indie games. if you haven't played amnesia or slender, you're missing out!
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
the pc has a ton of great indie games. if you haven't played amnesia or slender, you're missing out!PinkiePirate
Indeed,but it has far more than just that,indie or otherwise.
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts
[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]the pc has a ton of great indie games. if you haven't played amnesia or slender, you're missing out!MrYaotubo
Indeed,but it has far more than just that,indie or otherwise.

yep yep. like happy wheels. lol
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PannicAtack
the pc has a ton of great indie games. if you haven't played amnesia or slender, you're missing out!PinkiePirate
Adding to the list of "indie games you really should play," I'm gonna hawk To the Moon again, because I always hawk To the Moon.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]the pc has a ton of great indie games. if you haven't played amnesia or slender, you're missing out!PinkiePirate
Indeed,but it has far more than just that,indie or otherwise.[/QUOTE yep yep. like happy wheels. lol

Aye,or for instance Guild Wars 2,the best scoring non indie exclusive game of the year on all systems for starters. And Torchlight 2,or the best selling exclusive of the year,Diablo 3.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]No, that's only ShadowMoses. But he's an idiot, so who cares what he thinks. Btw, that Sherlock Holmes game is incredible. Anyone who is a fan of adventure games even in the slightest probably should check it out.Heil68
i love adventure games, so I'm going to check it out for sure. To the Tc, PC dominates, that's why it's my preferred gaming platform.

then what's with the sony domination continuation posts?

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Heil68"]Isn't Testament of Sherlock Holmes mulit plat? Heil68

To me pretty much every genre is better with m/kb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"] My darn backlog. I've been getting into adventure games lately, though, though it's mainly really easy stuff like The Walking Dead or To the Moon. Started on The Longest Journey, which is a little bit more daunting.

Is it like that Cthulu mythos crossover ("The Awakening," was it called?) where you have to pick out tiny details at the scene?

Dunno, this was the first Sherlock Holmes game I played, so I don't have context. I do know it is supposed to be harder than previous games in the series though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Isn't Testament of Sherlock Holmes mulit plat? Heil68
It hasn't released on either Xbox or PS3 yet, it's exclusive for now.
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

Your title and your opening post do not add up.

You were talking about diversity and you bring up a RPG, an MMO and a Simulation. Genres we all know PC already has tons of.

Do you even know what diversity means?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] **** it is lol Thanks for ruining the thread Heil! *goes to edit*Masenkoe

Fighting, sports, racing, flight are better with controllers.
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

I've seen FTL, how is that a simulation game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Masenkoe
Not all of them. Fighting games are better with arcade joysticks. Racing games are better with wheels. Sports games are impossible on keyboards.'

You were talking about diversity and you bring up a RPG, an MMO and a Simulation. Genres we all know PC already has tons of.

nitekids2004
Well, if the PC has a multitude of genres, especially as vast and varied as RPGs, adventure games. and MMOs, then I guess the entire accusation that it doesn't have variety is moot, isn't it?
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

charizard1605

Not all of them. Fighting games are better with arcade joysticks. Racing games are better with wheels. Sports games are impossible on keyboards.'

nitekids2004

Well, if the PC has a multitude of genres, especially as vast and varied as RPGs, adventure games. and MMOs, then I guess the entire accusation that it doesn't have variety is moot, isn't it?

Not really. the argument was that PC is only good at a handful of genres.

Consoles have more variety and diversity in general.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Because this forum section is now mostly about who can troll/lie the most instead of actually debating.

nitekids2004

According to gs scores this gen, pc has more diversity. By far. Problem?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

nitekids2004
Incorrect. PC games have first person shooters, third person shooters, western role playing games, Japanese role playing games, action, adventure, action adventure, sports games, open world games, racing games, fighting games, in addition to genres that are almost entirely exclusive to PC gaming, such as simulation games, strategy games (real time, turn based, grand strategy, sim strategy), and MMOs. Exactly how do consoles have more variety than PC gaming? What are they better in? The only argument I can see being made is platformers, and MAYBE fighting games.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

nitekids2004

The argument is typically that PC Only has RTS and MMO.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

nitekids2004

Feel free to list the diverse games for the other consoles this year ...

EDIT remember this is just for september for the PC

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
[QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

charizard1605
Incorrect. PC games have first person shooters, third person shooters, western role playing games, Japanese role playing games, action, adventure, action adventure, sports games, open world games, racing games, fighting games, in addition to genres that are almost entirely exclusive to PC gaming, such as simulation games, strategy games (real time, turn based, grand strategy, sim strategy), and MMOs. Exactly how do consoles have more variety than PC gaming? What are they better in? The only argument I can see being made is platformers, and MAYBE fighting games.

PC has been getting a surprisingly large amount of platformers this gen. A lot of them indie, like Super Meat Boy but also, for example, Rayman Origins. Though it seems to lack in fighting games and hack-and-slash games unfortunately... I'm not a big fan of fighting games but I like hack-and-slash and would like more of those on PC.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="Cataclism"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

PC has been getting a surprisingly large amount of platformers this gen. A lot of them indie, like Super Meat Boy but also, for example, Rayman Origins. Though it seems to lack in fighting games and hack-and-slash games unfortunately...

I'd say Diablo and Torchlight are pretty hack and slashy, and the fighting genre is all but dead but for a die hard core.
Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
[QUOTE="Cataclism"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Incorrect. PC games have first person shooters, third person shooters, western role playing games, Japanese role playing games, action, adventure, action adventure, sports games, open world games, racing games, fighting games, in addition to genres that are almost entirely exclusive to PC gaming, such as simulation games, strategy games (real time, turn based, grand strategy, sim strategy), and MMOs. Exactly how do consoles have more variety than PC gaming? What are they better in? The only argument I can see being made is platformers, and MAYBE fighting games.blue_hazy_basic
PC has been getting a surprisingly large amount of platformers this gen. A lot of them indie, like Super Meat Boy but also, for example, Rayman Origins. Though it seems to lack in fighting games and hack-and-slash games unfortunately...

I'd say Diablo and Torchlight are pretty hack and slashy, and the fighting genre is all but dead but for a die hard core.

I'm not talking about Action RPGs or clickfests or whatever the genre is called, maybe I didn't explain it well. I'm talking about things like Bayonetta and God of War.
shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts
lol pc have alot of diversity that's why i own one
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Cataclism"] PC has been getting a surprisingly large amount of platformers this gen. A lot of them indie, like Super Meat Boy but also, for example, Rayman Origins. Though it seems to lack in fighting games and hack-and-slash games unfortunately...Cataclism

I'm not talking about Action RPGs or clickfests or whatever the genre is called, maybe I didn't explain it well. I'm talking about things like Bayonetta and God of War.

Bayonetta not exclusive

Other than GoW what other Action games are on the consoles that its such a massive genre?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] ehh, to me, adventure games are perfect for m/kb, cant imagine playing them on anything else. :PHeil68

Fighting, sports, racing, flight are better with controllers.

I'll give you fighting, but as someone who grew up on m/kb exclusively, I'm fine with racing and flying on a keyboard. It's certainly doable if you get nice binds..well racing is fine out of the box on keys, but a flight sim needs tweaking