Do consolites really think that PC gaming lacks diversity?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Not if you're going to troll like you do, you probably got moderated for doing it. People on the PC and hardware boards are extremely helpful and knowledgeable for those that need information and want to listen. Go play the victim card elsewhere.

Stop trying to derail the thread.

tenaka2

When did I get moderated for posting in the PC forum? For that matter, when did I post anything trolling in the PC forum? Specific examples, please.

He was obviously speaking hypothetically. If you were going to post your usual 'woe is me' posts in the PC hardware thread you would more then likely get modded for it.

Much like the rest of this thread, then, it's all about what you imagine we say and think rather than an actual representation of facts.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] When did I get moderated for posting in the PC forum? For that matter, when did I post anything trolling in the PC forum? Specific examples, please.

lowe0

He was obviously speaking hypothetically. If you were going to post your usual 'woe is me' posts in the PC hardware thread you would more then likely get modded for it.

Much like the rest of this thread, then, it's all about what you imagine we say and think rather than an actual representation of facts.

'We'? Have you ascended to the Royal we then?

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

No. I'm referring to consolites as a category, in which I am included, hence "we".

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#154 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

its a typo i think he ment to say wii.. in which case lowe has converted to sheepdom.. is confirmed

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

I don't think that is the case.

I also don't understand why hermits cannot just accept that the majority of console gamers do not want to play games on a PC.

StormyJoe

Maybe you should reread the OP. Just because it is disproving a consolite claim doesn't mean it's saying that you should play games on the PC.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Much like the rest of this thread, then, it's all about what you imagine we say and think rather than an actual representation of facts.

lowe0

No. I'm referring to consolites as a category.

Rather clinical, but feel free to do so if you so wish.

back to the topic at hand then PC diversity.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 menes777

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] When did I get moderated for posting in the PC forum? For that matter, when did I post anything trolling in the PC forum? Specific examples, please.

lowe0

So how about you show some facts, where you were modded for a legit thread you made?

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 lowe0

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Much like the rest of this thread, then, it's all about what you imagine we say and think rather than an actual representation of facts.

ionusX

its a typo i think he ment to say wii.. in which case lowe has converted to sheepdom.. is confirmed

The wife & I have been playing Mario Kart 7 recently.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 menes777

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

No. I'm referring to consolites as a category.

Maybe you can answer this Lowe, what genre doesn't have a least one game on PC? (recognized genre)

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 ionusX

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

menes777

So how about you show some facts, where you were modded for a legit thread you made?

lowe is always butthurt.. i think hes an x-lemming gone sheep.. which means his brown clothing is simply 1 shade darker..

1294518168830f.jpg

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

menes777

Where did I claim I was moderated, or that I started a thread? Generally I don't start threads and am rarely moderated.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

I said games hermits hype, not PC games in general. Like I said, they only hype 3 or 4 genres.

I have D3 and Torchlight 2 though, overall I think Diablo 3 is better, some people like Torchlight 2 but I found it lacked depth. I am an Outlander on it and when you get a cannon it becomes too easy, at least with Diablo 3 it's easier. But Torchlight is the cheaper game.

lowe0

if you never visit the PC boards, you obviously will not know what gets the hype. SW is full of trolls (like you many times) and posers

Why would non-PC gamers go to the PC forum? We're not exactly welcome there, y'know.

lose the broom shoved up your ass and you might be

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#163 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

The ignorant ones do.

Heck, even before I got into PC gaming I knew it had as much if not more diversity than console gaming.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

In the last month alone has amassed almost double the AAE+ exclusives than both the 360 and PS3 COMBINED so far this year and had a AAAE which neither the 360 nor PS3 has managed in 2012.

Of these games theres been:

1 RPG (AAE) Torchlight 2

1 Simulation (AAE) FTL

1 MMORPG (AAAE!) Guild Wars 2

So when 1 month of PC = more than 3 times your favourite console's offerings of the entire year so far, each in a different genre, how can you argue the PC is dying, that it offers not diversity and that console gaming offers a better experience?

blue_hazy_basic
I don't think so. You got to remember, a lot of the anti-pc crusaders here are idiots.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#165 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

[QUOTE="menes777"]

ionusX

lowe is always butthurt.. i think hes an x-lemming gone sheep.. which means his brown clothing is simply 1 shade darker..

1294518168830f.jpg

That's fuking GLORIOUS.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

Not only that, but ONLY on PC can you find racing sims. There are none on consoles.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 lowe0

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] No. I'm referring to consolites as a category.menes777

Maybe you can answer this Lowe, what genre doesn't have a least one game on PC? (recognized genre)

That I'm aware of? None at the moment. The closest would be music/rhythm... I suppose Frets on Fire is an acceptable substitute if you don't mind not having any licensed music from major acts. But then again, I'm not claiming that the PC lacks diversity. Despite being a consolite. Funny, that.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

no but it seems like pc drones do since you guys like bringing this up every week

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#169 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

lowe0

That I'm aware of? None at the moment. The closest would be music/rhythm... I suppose Frets on Fire is an acceptable substitute if you don't mind not having any licensed music from major acts. But then again, I'm not claiming that the PC lacks diversity. Despite being a consolite. Funny, that.

- audio surf

- bit.trip

- sequence

- beat hazard

- the polynomial

- rhythm zone

- 1...2...3...kick it

- guitar hero

many of them allowing you to use any music files you have in the game itself. Well, would you look at that...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

lowe0

Beat Hazard Audiosurf Sequence bit.trip osu! Are a few other games available on PC.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 ionusX

no but it seems like pc drones do since you guys like bringing this up every week

Chris_Williams

If2pr.jpg

lest we forget..

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

ionusX

If2pr.jpg

lest we forget..

i know it stings when people throw down pics instead of replying straight out. You'll get over it buddy :cool:
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="menes777"]

wis3boi

- audio surf

- bit.trip

- sequence

- beat hazard

- the polynomial

- rhythm zone

- 1...2...3...kick it

- guitar hero

many of them allowing you to use any music files you have in the game itself. Well, would you look at that...

I'm referring to the specific genre of, for lack of a better term, "fake plastic rock", ex. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc. You're getting Rocksmith soon, though that's only two instruments. I'm aware of most of the games you listed, as a quick look at my Steam profile would have told you.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 tenaka2

I'm not claiming that the PC lacks diversity. Despite being a consolite. Funny, that.lowe0

But that is what this thread is about, or were you hoping to make into another lowe0 victim thread?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

"bu bu why don't you use a PC"

"bu bu you can do that on PC"

"bu bu do you think PC gaming lacks diversity"

Simple preference for a pick-up-and-play system is too big a concept for them to handle, and they use Gamespot "System Wars" failure as dumping ground for their personal insecurities.

When they buy a game for co-op and can't find anybody to play with, they come here to cry about it "WAAAH PC GAMING IS SO GOOD WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT."

Meanwhile the "console peasants" are sitting there playing with friends every day, laughing, having a great time.

Quotes like "If friends don't play on PC then screw my friends" are endemic to why PC gaming fails.

If you are unhappy with gaming in general and don't know what platform to choose, here's what you do :

Step 1 - Find some people to play with

Step 2 - Ask them what they're playing on

Step 3 - Use that system

Step 4 - If they switch systems to play different games, you switch too. Play together, laugh, party, enjoy.

See? Platform insecurity all gone.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 ionusX

oh look another thread turn into lowe vs hermits

SNIPER4321

oh look another unimportant 1 line post by sniper

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 ZombieKiller7

SNIPER4321

Oh look another thread full of hermit beggars.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 clone01

SNIPER4321
Oh, look, another thread where Lowe trolls all of you and you fall for it hook, line, and sinker.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

I'm not claiming that the PC lacks diversity. Despite being a consolite. Funny, that.tenaka2

But that is what this thread is about, or were you hoping to make into another lowe0 victim thread?

I'm making it about whether we actually think the things you imagine we do. That I'm just one such consolite isn't as important as the group as a whole.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 tenaka2

PC GAMING IS SO GOOD WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT

ZombieKiller7

We are doing it, why are you not doing it?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 ionusX

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

I'm not claiming that the PC lacks diversity. Despite being a consolite. Funny, that.tenaka2

lowe0 is a victim of only himself.. and his dad who put glass in his genitals.. like pinkie pie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXNTCpM6rE

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

tenaka2

I do but I'm not devoted to 1 platform.

I use everything.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

ZombieKiller7

I do but I'm not devoted to 1 platform.

I use everything.

I wish I had as much time as you...

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

SNIPER4321

this is the same guy who think PC only have WOW. clueless consolities have no idea that we even have best version of multiplats (and most games nowadays are mutlplats anyways)

sorry but there is no "we", pc gaming isn't a exclusive club. Stop trying to alienate yourself from the gaming population. Its pretty sad
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 ZombieKiller7

lol poor "exclusive" PC overlords

little men with big egos

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 clone01
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] sorry but there is no "we", pc gaming isn't a exclusive club. Stop trying to alienate yourself from the gaming population. Its pretty sad

Sniper4321 is pretty sad in general. If I were a hermit, I'd hate to be associated with a fanboy like him.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 lowe0

lol poor "exclusive" PC overlords

little men with big egos

ZombieKiller7
Sooooooooo not helping.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#191 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
Not diversity, but it lacks quality exclusives in some of my favourite genres. I can't find PC games matching the likes of God of War, Vanquish, Uncharted or Heavy Rain.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] sorry but there is no "we", pc gaming isn't a exclusive club. Stop trying to alienate yourself from the gaming population. Its pretty sad

Sniper4321 is pretty sad in general. If I were a hermit, I'd hate to be associated with a fanboy like him.

only one sad is ppls like you who got super mad so easily

oh noess, I made a pc drone angry please don't hax me.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 clone01
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] only one sad is ppls like you who got super mad so easily

Not mad at all. Just pointing out what a sad fanboy you are.
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#197 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

PC lacks Quality+Diversity, plenty of diversity, but not a lot of it is good and much of it is dated.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 clone01
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] I nieither sad nor a fanboy. just support what is good. Please attempt to be more mature in the future

Nah, actually you are essentially a sad fanboy. Your posting history speaks volumes. Please attempt to actually post in complete f*cking sentences in the future. Not whatever this garbled mess is that you call language.