Discussing the power differences of the PS5 vs Xbox Series X, and which console will you get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Poll Discussing the power differences of the PS5 vs Xbox Series X, and which console will you get? (139 votes)

Xbox Series X 29%
Playstation 5 45%
Xbox Series X first, then Playstation 5 19%
Playstation 5 first, then Xbox Series X 7%

For how long can the PS5 GPU sustain the 10.3TFLOPS without sacrificing the CPU clocks, or vice versa? If the Xbox Series X always has the 3.8ghz for 8 cores and 3.6ghz with 8 cores 16 threads while simultaneously being able to run the GPU at 1.825ghz at all times, then that means that the PS5 is AT MOST 10.28/12.115x100=84,85% of the Xbox Series X GPU Power or the Xbox series X GPU is AT LEAST 17% faster than the PS5 GPU. Question is, under which loads can it reach that max power. CPU intense games will most likely downgrade the 2.23GHz clock speed of the PS5 GPU significantly, hypothetically we are then looking at differences closer to the likes of Ps4 Pro vs Xbox one X. It is probably then safe to assume that the PS5 is in fact 30% less powerful GPU wise than the Xbox series X, unless that insane I/O can unload certain taxing processes in more efficient ways. That will require coding talent, I am sure exclusive companies would be up to that task but multiplatform wise the Series X will be king hands down.

Xbox series X also sounds like it is easier to develop for, but we'd have to see Developers responses on that. At the end of the day I am quite sure that the Playstation Studios will still make better looking games than the Xbox exclusives. And it will be interesting to see how the superior I/O on the PS5 can make all the parts offload performances to one and another in some way and thus remedying the lack of GPU horsepower substantially.

When both consoles are prices similarly, it's a hard call for me as PS5 has better single player exclusives while Xbox has the Multiplayer advantage. Xbox will offer a ton of services for my older games which allows me to easily sell my Xbox one X and spend even less money than I would getting a PS5 and keeping my Xbox one X. I will probably wait for a PS5 Pro and go for the Series X while it releases. What will you do?

• 
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#51 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts

I'm not getting a Series X since I'll be upgrading my PC in the fall.

Planned on getting a PS5 at launch so I could play all of my PS4 games but it looks like I'll have to hold on to my Pro a little longer. Doesnt look like the games are improved in any way and not many are BC

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#52 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@navyguy21: yeah the BC thing is my biggest disappointment. Other than interesting new games, of course, that was my top wish-list item for a PS5. As it stands, I'll be in no rush to buy either of these offerings now. We'll see in a couple of years what their libraries have to offer

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

I'm not getting a Series X since I'll be upgrading my PC in the fall.

Planned on getting a PS5 at launch so I could play all of my PS4 games but it looks like I'll have to hold on to my Pro a little longer. Doesnt look like the games are improved in any way and not many are BC

That's honestly the biggest bummer for Playstation 5.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

My PC already beats them... So I don't care about power they have.

I ONLY buy console's that have games I cannot get on PC so its PS5 all the way with me.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@sealionact: 1800p upscaled to 4k vs native 4k is barely noticeable. DF did side by side comparisons. And I was incorrect it would be more like 5fps gap on a 60fps game.

This is the smallest difference in hardware in years.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Grey_Eyed_Elf
@gifford38 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

LMAO cows bragged about power all at the start of last gen, many chose their console because of that.

Nice to see SONY fall flat on their face after their ego filled power flexing last gen.

also nice SSD.. not even 1 TB.. yikes

2 Different types of ssd cards. ps5 card is much faster and it is not used for just loading.

They are both the same type of SSD "cards"... They are both Gen4 NVME's they just run at different speeds.

I'll give you a point of reference with loading performance from a 550MB/s SSD to a 3.2GB/s NVME... 0% difference in most games when it comes to load times.

If the 5.5GB/s was so important why did Sony say people can use external m.2 drives out now which the majority run at 1GB/s?....

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Can Xbox One Series X play God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc etc?

No, but YouTube does lol.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I don't need a series X, nobody with a decent PC does. So PS5? Well, not at the moment. Final Fantasy Remake will be fine on my PS4 Pro. I don't care about The Woke Of Us 2 or even Ghost (I had enough of whacking stuff on the head as a ninja with Nioh, didn't even play Sekiro).

So I think I'll stay as I am unless they start announcing must have games for the PS5 that are only on PS5. If I could only play on console though and had to choose between the two it would be Series X hands down.

Why? Two words: Game Pass.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

Of course once it's confirmed that the Xbox SX is more powerful than the PS5, the Cows start quaking in their boots about games. The salt is real.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

Can Xbox One Series X play God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc etc?

This new info sure has you damage controlling doesn't it?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I by which everyone comes out first and then the next one on the day it comes out. Super excited about this coming generation!

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I'm going to wait for a new Nintendo console.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

PS5 has games.

Xbox doesn’t.

If I really wanted to play halo/gears/Forza, I can get gamepass on PC for a month and play them with my PS4/PS5 controller LOL

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

I've got a powerful PC built primarily for work that I thought I might game on, can't stand spending leisure time behind my work desk so I need that xbox next gen. There isn't an exlusive on PS4 that I've needed to play after I got the month I spent not liking Street Fighter 5. Now that not really playing fighting games much these days, there's really no need for that new Sony. Xbox Nintendo next gen

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20142 Posts

@ajstyles said:

PS5 has games.

Xbox doesn’t.

If I really wanted to play halo/gears/Forza, I can get gamepass on PC for a month and play them with my PS4/PS5 controller LOL

They've got games coming though. And not everything goes to gamepass on PC.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#66  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

If I had to choose between the two, would definitely go Xbox. That PS5 showing was a joke with 20 minutes or so spent banging on about how fast the SSD was. Also dont give two shits about '3D audio'. I dont even have a surround system. Just use the normal TV speakers.

Will most likely just upgrade my PC though instead of a new console purchase. Outside of their few exclusives each both consoles are largely pointless if you have a PC.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Sony didn't say that. They said they will approve several SSD's later on, but they need to be able to do 5GB/s or more. And games built for this SSD architecture with custom processors is not the same as running current PC games on a SSD. It will save memory, cpu processing, games will require less data on disc because of no need to duplicate data.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@ajstyles said:

PS5 has games.

Xbox doesn’t.

The thread is clearly aimed at console gamers i.e. people who don't have a PC. Game Pass makes Xbox a much better option if console is your only choice, and multiplats will be better too.

So PS5 exclusives are not the only consideration. Is there anything else you are confused about? I am always there for people who can't read. A sort of internet samaritan if you like.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Martin_G_N said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Sony didn't say that. They said they will approve several SSD's later on, but they need to be able to do 5GB/s or more. And games built for this SSD architecture with custom processors is not the same as running current PC games on a SSD. It will save memory, cpu processing, games will require less data on disc because of no need to duplicate data.

Yeah I know I had to rewatch it.

I couldn't focus due to Cerny's monotone presentation.

Its going to be expensive upgrade interanal storage 2TB GEN4 NVME's at 5.5GB's thats $300 minimum.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

The SeX for sure.

Most powerful console and the best games model going (GamePass).

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

And one day for no reason power didn't matter.. lulz

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@rmiller365 said:

People forget that with the exception of the PS3/360, EVERY Xbox has been more powerful. It never mattered, because Sony has always brought the games.

Remember when X1X came out and everybody said it was going to crush the PSPro beat Sony this gen? It never had a crushing impact and PS still sold double.

It doesn't matter how powerful your system is when your competitor has God of War and your pushing Sea of Thieves.

Here's the problem with that. If you are an Xbox owner right now, all you do is buy an Xbox Series X and all your games still work, only they perform a lot better. Also you can play next gen Series X games in amazing graphics.

A PS4 owner, will lose a lot of his PS4 games he has because it's not fully BC. Also, it's not clear if you can buy a PS4 game for example CyperPunk 2077 and then get to play it on the PS5. On the Xbox, you can buy it and play it on the X1X, then buy the XSX and same game just looks way better. A PS4 owner would be better off upgrading to an XSX and getting gamepass.

If you're an Xbox owner it makes all the sense in the world to upgrade when you can afford it. If you're a PS4 owner, it will be painful to "upgrade" and you will be looking at the much better option in Xbox. A lot of PS4 owners will be jumping ship to Xbox next gen, you can quote me on that.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Xplode_games

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@gifford38 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

LMAO cows bragged about power all at the start of last gen, many chose their console because of that.

Nice to see SONY fall flat on their face after their ego filled power flexing last gen.

2 Different types of ssd cards. ps5 card is much faster and it is not used for just loading.

They are both the same type of SSD "cards"... They are both Gen4 NVME's they just run at different speeds.

I'll give you a point of reference with loading performance from a 550MB/s SSD to a 3.2GB/s NVME... 0% difference in most games when it comes to load times.

If the 5.5GB/s was so important why did Sony say people can use external m.2 drives out now which the majority run at 1GB/s?....

I think you're right about this. I was wondering what would happen on PC if next gen games required a 5.5GB/s speed SSD to even run? That would leave 100% of PCs unable to play next gen games. Doesn't make much sense to me at all.

Maybe only PS5 exclusives will use the 5.5GB/s speed and that will be their magic marketing sauce. Who knows but it doesn't make sense to me right now. Why would you make games so incompatible just so they load a bit faster? I don't get it.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#74 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

Ps5 but we tend to forget Microsoft bought some quality studios with them.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Xplode_games

@blueinheaven said:

I don't need a series X, nobody with a decent PC does. So PS5? Well, not at the moment. Final Fantasy Remake will be fine on my PS4 Pro. I don't care about The Woke Of Us 2 or even Ghost (I had enough of whacking stuff on the head as a ninja with Nioh, didn't even play Sekiro).

So I think I'll stay as I am unless they start announcing must have games for the PS5 that are only on PS5. If I could only play on console though and had to choose between the two it would be Series X hands down.

A decent PC, what is that? The GPU in the Xbox Series X is more powerful than the post powerful AMD PC GPU currently on the market(5700 XT). To equal the speeds of the XSX, you would need something like an Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, maybe even 2080 ti. Don't forget you need a Nvme SSD drive as well and a modern 8 core/16 thread CPU. Try to buy all of that for around $599.

The XSX will be a day one purchase for me. I will trade my X1X for it and keep everything exactly as before only with much better performance. That's the way a transition to next gen should be. Not you lose all your games and have to rebuy everything from scratch every few years. PS5 doesn't even play all PS4 games? incredible

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Now we have rumors that Sony is censoring the upcoming Trials of Mana on PS4, while Nintendo is not censoring it on Switch.

wtf Sony?

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I already have a PC, so the xbox would be redundant. PS5 hs games.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11649 Posts

@briguyb13: Pretty sure that got confirmed a while back.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Xplode_games said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@gifford38 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

I think you're right about this. I was wondering what would happen on PC if next gen games required a 5.5GB/s speed SSD to even run? That would leave 100% of PCs unable to play next gen games. Doesn't make much sense to me at all.

Maybe only PS5 exclusives will use the 5.5GB/s speed and that will be their magic marketing sauce. Who knows but it doesn't make sense to me right now. Why would you make games so incompatible just so they load a bit faster? I don't get it.

Not just that but multi platform games running on a XSX at half the GB/s on its drive... What developer would do what Sony is makes no sense.

Developing a gaming around storage streaming speeds when there are two different consoles with drastically difference storage speeds is suicide.

This will only affect PS5 exclusives. 80-90% of a person's game library will be on a overpriced drive that will give them no benefits what so ever over a standard SSD that costs 1/2 for the same storage size or more.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11649 Posts

Rough reveal for the Moo squad.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

@Xplode_games: I don't see that as a problem at all. Playstation has always sold more than Xbox because of the game they make. Games push consoles, always have. Backwards compatibility is alright if your someone who sells what they have for pennies to afford a new console, but it didn't help the X1 catch up to Sony in sales this gen, because people want new content.

You get an upgrade for a last gen game, but miss our on everything from god of war to spiderman. Just like how the switch has outsold the X1 dispite being super weak. It's the games.

Plus, if your like me and have a PC, you have ZERO reason to get an Xbox. Don't get me wrong, I don't think microsoft will get curb stomped like this gen, but I don't see gamers giving up on games like Zero dawn 2 and Uncharted to for the ability to play crackdown like when it was on 360.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@fedor said:

@briguyb13: Pretty sure that got confirmed a while back.

I literally just found out about it, and here I was considering getting it on PS4. From now on I'm only getting confirmed exclusives on PlayStation systems.

Have you seen the FFVII R trailers that say "play it first on PlayStation"?

fileman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By fileman3
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts

I just noticed that they have to develop games to work on all Xbox one old ass hardware so that power probably won’t even be utilized for 2 yrs??

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Grey_Eyed_Elf
@Xplode_games said:
@blueinheaven said:

A decent PC, what is that? The GPU in the Xbox Series X is more powerful than the post powerful AMD PC GPU currently on the market(5700 XT). To equal the speeds of the XSX, you would need something like an Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, maybe even 2080 ti. Don't forget you need a Nvme SSD drive as well and a modern 8 core/16 thread CPU. Try to buy all of that for around $599.

The XSX will be a day one purchase for me. I will trade my X1X for it and keep everything exactly as before only with much better performance. That's the way a transition to next gen should be. Not you lose all your games and have to rebuy everything from scratch every few years. PS5 doesn't even play all PS4 games? incredible

Bla bla money.

Your broke, then your broke. That's your issue.

PC gamer's have had Ray Tracing and 12 TFLOPS with 8 core CPU's for a long time now.

Also the XSX doesn't actually have 8 cores... Or even 16GB Unified RAM, it has a 10GB VRAM size for the GPU running at high bandwidth and it has 7 Cores for the game 1 core for the OS.

As for it being 2080 Ti levels?... Minecraft ran at 1080/30 while Nvidia showed it off at 1080/60 with a 2080 Ti.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

so is this gen going to be all about "teh SSD!"?

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

I just find all of the reactions here funny. Gonna be great when the first sales numbers are announced.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@techhog89 said:

I just find all of the reactions here funny. Gonna be great when the first sales numbers are announced.

I don't think anyone will be surprised if Sony jumps out ahead early on based on the fanatics who bought Vita and PSVR will buy anything Sony puts out without thinking. The gen will be a marathon, not a sprint.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

Ps5 for its exclusives.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@techhog89:

Sales HAH

You think a gamer with the most powerful console and all it’s outstanding features, backed with 15 studios bringing its games to gamepass day one give a shit about sales?

Sales HAH

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@MonsieurX: Well the power difference at the start of this gen was a big deal apparently... this time not so much? Hmmm.

Anyway I'll be getting XSX, obviously. Was always going to get it. Just a bonus that it'll be the premium console next gen too :)

Time to turn on Uncle Tormy time machine.

1080p v 900p it's a big difference let's be honest.

#12hrt_rulz01

I (and most people, even though they'd never admit it) wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 900p & 1080p.

I played Metro Redux on Xbone, and I thought it looked almost identical to my cousin's version on PS4. That's why all this res talk is so sad to me.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/xbox-association-1000003/1080p-v-900p-it-s-a-big-difference-let-s-be-honest-31696706/

This ^^ was you on 2014 that time the difference in power was 40%,this time is not even 20%,so i ask you would you be able to see the difference between 2 games that are 4k,since you could not see the difference between 900p and 1080p?

The fun thing is that for you back then it wasn't now it is..🤷‍♂️

@briguyb13 said:

Sony done fucked up royally. They won't have the power or portability next gen so I'll take Xbox Series X and whatever Nintendo puts out next.

If PS5 manages to have any exclusive Japanese niche titles I'll pick that system up a few years down the road, maybe.

And you asked me if i could stop defending sony,look at you can you stop trying to downplay them with your made out crap?

How is sony fucked? do you actually know the in game performance difference of this 2 machines once they are out? Do you even know if they will cost the same?

Because if i have to choce between a $299 4TF lockhart,a $399 10.2TF PS5 and $500 12TF series X guess which machine look much more attractive and balance?

I mean the PS5 more than double lockhart,for just $100 more?

This are questions not answer yet,sure the PS5 could end up been more expensive $449 or even $500.

There is also that thing were the xbox one can play all xbox games,the ones now out and the onces coming for the next 2 years,which will make even more difficult selling those xbox machines.

If i can play Halo infinite on xbox one why do i need a series X for? or even worse a lockhart if i own a xbox one X?

I think you are blowing this out of proportions man.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tormentos
@jahnee said:

@dagubot: I also think in this case the Xbox series X could have more particle effects or better physics due to not being constricted by the GPU needing power.

WTF does that even mean?

Man stop inventing crap.

The xbox series X will have more particle because it has more power to deal with overdraw and tranparency that involve such process.

It has nothing to do with the GPU requiring more power or not.

@dagubot said:
@jahnee said:

@dagubot: I also think in this case the Xbox series X could have more particle effects or better physics due to not being constricted by the GPU needing power.

Yeah, I agree.

Yeah you agree with something that make no sense.🤷‍♂️

@sealionact said:

The real world difference between xsx and ps5 will be a lot bigger than - as some are saying - x1x and ps4 pro this gen. Where x1x aimed for native 4k @30fps, ps4 mostly used scaleable resolution @30fps. Not always, but very often.

Next gen, both consoles are targetting 4k 60fps which means ps5 will have to cut down on textures, draw rate or resort to scaling again. Also the GPU drawing from the CPU could leave it short when needed as someone pointed out above.

No it will not be a lot bigger,in fact it will be smaller.

The gap is 1.8TF which is not even 20% more,to make this clear the PS4 was 40% more powerful than the xbox one,the gap here is not even half that,is just 17%.

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Yeah because lemmings didn't brag about superior versions for 2 gens in a row only to not care at the start of this gen only to care again after the xbox one X and to care now.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Internal-Extreme-Performance-SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB/dp/B07TLYWMYW

Yeah the PS5 SSD is not your typical SSD just look at how much a 1TB 4.0 cost,i am surprise the were able to get almost 1TB.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

PS5

• Sony's 1st party developed and published games
  • 3rd party support should be very strong
  • PSVR option if I want it
  • Gamefly is my rental service - I can rent any AAA 1st or 3rd party game and I don't have to wait too long
  • I never needed the most powerful console as a longtime PlayStation fan obviously . PS5 seems powerful enough and I would expect multiplat games will look just fine and PS5 won't miss too many 3rd party games.
  • Ecosystem/comfort - controller , trophies , games , etc.

When Sony starts dropping those game announcements , I'm going to get excited - HZD 2 , Spider-Man 2 , God of War 2 , etc. In the time being and near future , I've got games to play - Dreams , Death Stranding , Final Fantasy VII , The Last of Us Part II , Ghost of Tsushima , Nioh 2 , etc.

If you want your customers to be happy , give them games. It works!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@tormentos said:

Time to turn on Uncle Tormy time machine.

1080p v 900p it's a big difference let's be honest.

#12hrt_rulz01

I (and most people, even though they'd never admit it) wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 900p & 1080p.

I played Metro Redux on Xbone, and I thought it looked almost identical to my cousin's version on PS4. That's why all this res talk is so sad to me.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/xbox-association-1000003/1080p-v-900p-it-s-a-big-difference-let-s-be-honest-31696706/

This ^^ was you on 2014 that time the difference in power was 40%,this time is not even 20%,so i ask you would you be able to see the difference between 2 games that are 4k,since you could not see the difference between 900p and 1080p?

The fun thing is that for you back then it wasn't now it is..🤷‍♂️

@briguyb13 said:

Sony done fucked up royally. They won't have the power or portability next gen so I'll take Xbox Series X and whatever Nintendo puts out next.

If PS5 manages to have any exclusive Japanese niche titles I'll pick that system up a few years down the road, maybe.

And you asked me if i could stop defending sony,look at you can you stop trying to downplay them with your made out crap?

How is sony fucked? do you actually know the in game performance difference of this 2 machines once they are out? Do you even know if they will cost the same?

Because if i have to choce between a $299 4TF lockhart,a $399 10.2TF PS5 and $500 12TF series X guess which machine look much more attractive and balance?

I mean the PS5 more than double lockhart,for just $100 more?

This are questions not answer yet,sure the PS5 could end up been more expensive $449 or even $500.

There is also that thing were the xbox one can play all xbox games,the ones now out and the onces coming for the next 2 years,which will make even more difficult selling those xbox machines.

If i can play Halo infinite on xbox one why do i need a series X for? or even worse a lockhart if i own a xbox one X?

I think you are blowing this out of proportions man.

And I think your hand waiving is doing Sony no favors.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 tormentos

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

To run PS5 games? No way didn't they say the it has to be sertify to be equal or faster?

@kuu2 said:

The SeX for sure.

Most powerful console and the best games model going (GamePass).

🤣🤣🤣

He who didn't see any difference between xbox one and PS4 when the gap was 40% now that is 17% will magically see it..

@Tessellation said:

And one day for no reason power didn't matter.. lulz

This one is worse he who vanish for the forum after its failed predictions of superdae making the xbox one more powerful failed to materialize,now power matter again..lol

Some of you like you and Kuu2 are easy targets because of your pass here.🤷‍♂️

@sakaixx said:

Ps5 but we tend to forget Microsoft bought some quality studios with them.

Sure the biggest one Ninja Theory which games lemmings despiced and hated this and last gen,all of the sudden is AAAA team.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

I am getting a Series X at launch, maybe PS5 later if/when it gets a mid-gen refresh.

This might be an interesting question to return to once prices are known.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tormentos: When did lems hate Ninja Theory again? I won't be buying Hellblade 2 as its not my type of game, but I don't hate Ninja Theory, hell i'm hoping that Enslaved 2 gets announced sometime next gen.

PS Ninja Theory wasn't the biggest one they bought this gen that belongs to Playground games followed by Obsidian then Ninja Theory.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#97 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69932 Posts

@fileman3 said:

I just noticed that they have to develop games to work on all Xbox one old ass hardware so that power probably won’t even be utilized for 2 yrs??

Software can be scaled depending on the hardware. Just like you have games on current gen without ray tracing but has ray tracing on PC.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@tormentos: Lmaoooooo. You actually went back through all those old posts... dude you got too much time on your hands.

And the only reason I'm bringing up the power difference now is because you cows went apesh*t about it this gen.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

PS5 could have PS4 launch specs and I'd still buy it instead of Xbox. Given recent announcements they will continue great narrative single player games. Thus, the PS5 will have the games I like.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Eventually I will work my way into getting both of course. On the power difference side of things, It could be a win for ps5 if priced cheaper. Despite the hoopla what they have done is actually very very impressive. They clearly pushed a lower configuration spec from AMD very far. The problem for them is have they spent too much on the other stuff SSD and 3d audio advantages that the price is same. It explains why early on some jumped the gun and proclaimed ps5 to be stronger. Developers are worried about MS and all that reporting. Then uncle Phill unleashed the beast the X model. Its like he dangled lockhart talk on purpose and kept the beast hidden. Seems some jurnos like Jason Schreir got caught in this uncle Phil's scheme and Sony themselves were silenced lol.