Digital Foundry: Thief is better on Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Filtering is better ... then anything else is not !! So Theif is better on X1 !! Typical lems !! Enjoy your thief , i wont even bother for PC let alone for a console. Next please

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
@Bigboi500 said:

@m_machine024 said:

I'd rather take the version with less visuals problems than the one with more pixels. The difference between 900p and 1080p is barely noticeable anyway.

I'd rather spend my money on a good game than on Thief.

lol Me too, Bri. Debating which version of a lame game is the best is dumb but hey, just making a point.

Resolution wars is getting out of hand. -__-

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

Fanboy wars usually entertains me, but this shit is getting old fast.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

DF missed the fact that the xb1 version totally lacks POM (there is no single example or screen shot with pom for xb1) and instead claims all versions have it. Close up textures are slightly sharper on pc and ps4 with pom making the scenes visually more complex where applicable, distant scenes look blurrier only on ps4 but it is rather noticeable. Both next gen consoles versions suffer from texture pop in but with the ps4 more frequent. The only clearly better aspect of the xb1 is the AF compared to trilinear. The verdict was drawn under the assumption that xb1 version has a feature it clearly does not as evident by every screen shot that uses pom while outright dismissing the framerate disadvantage of the xb1: was this an honest mistake by Thomas Morgan or a blatant "oversight" :). AF is not the only determinant but it is the on that was measured the most (its noticeable to his defense but so is the stuff he omitted as is framerate). Did people even bother reading the article and the verdict?

"All in all, it's hard not to be disappointed on a technical level with Thief. It's often our refrain, but in this case we'd strongly urge opting for the PC release if it's an option. If you're committed to buying for one next-gen platform or another, the superior texture filtering on Xbox One means it carries itself slightly better in the visual stakes (this statement was reached assuming xb1 also had POM) - but frame-pacing aside, for the most part all three versions match up very closely indeed."

Pick your poison better (in fact much better) texture filtering with texture pop in on xb1, or better framerate, res, POM, sharper close textures (a result xb1's fxaa despite how well implemented it was), and more texture pop in on ps4. AF is a lot less demanding than POM btw, the former can potentially be patched it with little performance hit the latter will hit framerate hard.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@jake44 said:

Fanboy wars usually entertains me, but this shit is getting old fast.

Yeah no sh**. It was old months ago.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

And PC version is the best by far...nice article.

lol 2nd place wars (consoles)

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

Seriously guys parallax occlusion mapping is not that special. Im not sure why your parading it around like its some magnificent new feature. When I create models with Zbrush for games normal mapping generally gets most of the work done. I take it most of you don't model or anything so your picking a particular aspect of procedural textures to make it sound like a standout feature.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

And yet declared the better looking version of the 2. Stop DCing you loser. Just except the fact just as we except the fact that you haven't played it on either system. You're pulling screen shots out of your ass while DF actually has the tools to perform the actual test.

I don't understand why you champion so hard for a product you do not own. Only losers do that.

Yeah in a highly controversial way,DF ignored 50% resolution advantage,+ a frames per second advantage which is highly critical to gameplay,and focus on a miserable filter,it has been confirmed that the xbox one version lack Parallax mapping which is what give textures the appearence of depth making them more real looking and DF say sh** about it,oh and on their own videos is shows the xbox one version has problems with lighting and shadows as well.

So yeah DF did a favor to MS by saying the xbox one version had the edge.

But hey have you play the game.? Do you have a PS4 and Thief on PS4 and xbox one to compare for your self.? So your are agreeing with DF based on their opinion.?

HYPOCRITE yeah that is what you are kinglemming.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@tormentos:

Again, Parallax mapping is not needed. It is used as a replacement because displacement maps are not used in video games. With a simple ambient Occlusion and normal map you can get most of the same effects of a Parallax map.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

@me3x12: every multiplat thus far....lol wat?

Manic delusions are what provide much me3x12's "logic" here, so dont mind him.

And hallelujah to the true power of the Cloud......which is somehow to make developers (occasionally) do skimped bug testings on the PS4 versions of multiplats! In Major Nelson's name we pray. Amen!

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

cows are having serious butthurt

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By LanceSSJ

yes its lower REs BUT IT LOOKS ALMOST THE SAME. Plus PS4 suffers horribly longer popins.

DF doesn't play resolution, they play the game. Cry more cows

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

@T-razor1:

Oh snap!

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#167 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lems, you've earned this victory lap over a game no one will remember in a week.

This needs another +1

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 tormentos

@acp_45 said:

@tormentos: Tomentos your fanboyism is making the Sony nation look bad even though you don’t even have a PS4..........or did you finally buy the damn thing ?

Also you laugh way too much.. -__-

“hahahahahah” “hahahaahah"

Do you own a PS and a xbox one with thief for both unit.?

Because that is the only way you can set foot on this thread and talk to others about the game,since you also like Kinglemming hold tied to the excuse that if some one doesn't own something it can talk about it..hahaha

@acp_45 said:

@delta3074:

LMAO !!

Dude Tormentos lost this...

I always want to challenge him on his statements that aren’t false but never hit on target and evades spot on truth.

Even though you just showed him wrong...

You still lost this argument because Tormentos is the most hard headed sony fanatic in here...

He will now research everything about parallax mapping, texture filtering.... and he’ll reply to you with something that was said in a an article etc..... that’s most likely outdated or just simply make something up....

Prepare to be dominated.

Actually i won that one and he even quoted what Parallax mapping is for but he didn't bold it he bold what serve him best,Parallax mapping is what gives texture a depth feel and make the textures like wall and stuff like that look more real...hahahaaa

So basically DF ignored a 50% resolution gap,a frame per second gap,Parallax mapping,problems with shadows on the xbox one not loading fast enough like textures on PS4,and severe screen tearing,to give the edge to the xbox one for a filter..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ chin chin...

You can't challenge me because you lack intelligence to do it... ;)

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

lol thief nothing to brag about lemmings

Butthurt cow confirmed. Cry more troll.

@EZs said:

Nobody cares about Theif.

No one cares about Cow'ss crying damage control in this thread either. LOL!!

It's been said over a dozen times that XB1 upscaler is superior to the PS4's and this is just more confirmation of that fact. That's why Cod at 720P upscaled looked just as good as CoD on the PS4. By this time next there, there won't be any difference.

So now you care about performance again.?

First of all Native >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any scaler.

Second the scaler on the xbox one is the same damn scaler on the PS4 both use the same GCN scaler.

3rd the PS4 version has problem with textures streaming,just like the xbox one has with shadows that load way after the PS4 ones,the PS4 also has trilliniar filtering which tend to blur textures nothing a patch can't fix.

@FragTycoon said:

@blackace said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@blackace: the PS4 doesn't need an upscaled because it runs almost every game at 1080p.

XB1 won't need it by this time next year either. lol!! What about Witcher 3. That will need the PS4 upscaler.

What is going to happen "this time next year"? Cloud?

Didn't you hear MS will unleash the cloud,alone side the DGPU and stacked APU to release the xbox one hidden power of 7TF....

Just wait...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By tormentos
@NFJSupreme said:

@hoosier7 said:

Odd, the X1 version has similar issues with texture streaming that DF didn't mention.

one scene doesn't mean shit. If DF said it was a problem on the PS4 that means it happened more often there. Nice damage control. Now hold this L.

The xbox one have problems with shadows,one scene my ass,did you play the complete game.?

Oh wait what about Parallax mapping been missing on xbox one.? How the fu** DF let that out,Parallax mapping is what give textures the actual depth feel,so basically the xbox one version has flat textures,how the hell did DF miss that out.?

But wait aren't you the same one who pull your superior frames and resolution on PC vs consoles.? But when is PS4 vs xbox one it some how doesn't matter.? I have call you like 10 times on your hypocrite arguments,of how resolution and frames are important but only when is PC vs console when is PS4 vs xbox one it some how doesn't matter,please cover your self your inner lemming is showing.

The xbox one has.

50% lower resolution.

drops to 20 FPS some say 18 FPS the PS4 version drop to 25.

Total lack of Parallax mapping.

Severe screen tearing.

And was given an edge based on a damn filter.? The frames alone is reason enough to declare the PS4 version superior+ 50% higher resolution even worse.

There is evidence that textures in many parts actually look sharper on PS4,yeah that is the 1080p vs 900p difference talking.

@blackace said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

this is why you cant take DF and similar type of sites seriously.

this is how they make their money.

Unless they are saying something positive about the PS4 and it's games. Then is 100% true. lmao!! Like the Tomb Raider comparisons. It was a 100% true with that game. I bet every cow took it 100% seriously for that game, but not Thief. lmao!! Hypocrites. Cows are in full meltdown today.

Ok so if DF say that the xbox one version of Tomb Raider was 1080p and the PS4 900p,and say the xbox one version has faster frames while the PS4 version drop to 20 Frames,and that the xbox one version has effect the PS4 lack,and then at the end say winner the PS4 based on some crappy ass filter will you consider DF as been right.?

There isn't a single thing the xbox one does better on Tomb Raider than the PS4,in fact is by far the biggest bag yet,oh and that game does look better than Thief by the way,and runs up to 30 FPS faster than the xbox one version the PS4 version of Tomb Raider destroyed the xbox one version.

In thief case the xbox one has a better filter and that is about it,hell i am sure that if trilliniar filtering is removed from the PS4 version there would be nothing in which the xbox one beat it.

The funny thing is that the xbox one lack behind in frames and resolution stated by them,and they are been criticized because they chose a filter to give the edge over performance..

@blackace said:

@OmegaPillow said:

I wonder how many lemmings actually own this game . Looks like crap

If they are smart. None. Have the best of the worst is never a good thing.

@Krelian-co said:

@resevl4rlz said:

i don't understand how you aren't banned yet. please stop making crap topics

because mods are useless in sw

You are 100% proof of that. Otherwise you and your companions (I_can_haz, Supperman, Tormentos, FragTycoon and the other 50+ cow cronnies) would have been banned for life by now.

But you not right.? Because you are the role models of poster,he who doesn't enter thread with huge damage controls with meltdowns,you who make crappy thread owning no one but your self like you did with your PS4 shortage is over thread based on Amazon which by the next day were gone and you never updated the thread.

You the only and real manticore gamer..hahahaha

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

lol thief nothing to brag about lemmings

I knew that cows were going to start hating on Thief just because they didn't have the clearly better version.

Thief is a great game and it's sad if you miss out on it just because Digital Foundry said the XB1 version was slightly better.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 kalipekona

@tormentos said:

@walloftruth said:

Wow, PS4 can't do 16x AF? That's pathetic, 16xAF takes almost no performance, so how come? The same happened in Shadow Fall, what's up with that?

What is been say is that this is the first unreal engine game and that is actually the problem,AF16X has basically no impact on PC GPU now even on those equivalent to the PS4,regardless of what version you pick the game is mess up.

It doesn't even have Parallax mapping on xbox one,which is something also quite easy to do.

Wrong. This game runs extremely well on the PC. I'm running it at 60fps with all settings maxed except SSAA, which as we all know is very demanding. It looks outstanding and runs very smooth.

Wrong again. Parallax occlusion mapping does cause a decent hit to performance. I mean, it's not a massive performance hit, but still enough to be the difference between hitting your framerate target and missing it by quite a bit. Turning it off to test it gave me around a 9 or 10% performance boost. I leave it on though because I still get 60fps with it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Wow, a whole lot of crying in this thread. DF goes from expert to crazy more often than I change my underwear. Fight that good fight Cows.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 kalipekona

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

Lol, GL is oh so sensitive this morning. Just wait till Titanfall. Never forget :)

Now lets show a picture which really show the reality with Titanfall..

Now this is true and more like it..

But then there is this...

I love how you cows always use close ups of character models because you know that is the best looking part of the game.

It would be like me using the screenshot below to prove how amazing Watch Dogs looks.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By tormentos

@kalipekona said:

Wrong. This game runs extremely well on the PC. I'm running it at 60fps with all settings maxed except SSAA, which as we all know is very demanding. It looks outstanding and runs very smooth.

Wrong again. Parallax occlusion mapping does cause a decent hit to performance. I mean, it's not a massive performance hit, but still enough to be the difference between hitting your framerate target and missing it by quite a bit. Turning it off to test it gave me around a 9 or 10% performance boost. I leave it on though because I still get 60fps with it.

First i refer to the xbox one vs PS4 one,not PC well know PC extra juice.

It has a small hit nothing big just like AF as well.

The xbox one version doesn't hit the frame either.

So basically the xbox one version gives Parallax mapping,50% resolution and like 15% to 20% less frames,and some how is consider the edge the PS4 one based on a filter.

Oh the xbox one version also has worse screen tearing.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 tormentos
@kalipekona said:

I love how you cows always use close ups of character models because you know that is the best looking part of the game.

It would be like me using the screenshot below to prove how amazing Watch Dogs looks.

My post wasn't even about graphics so nice that you completely ignore it,now Watch dogs will also be on PS4,now how is that Infamous version on PC coming alone.?

Aha... Do tell..lol

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By lundy86_4

@tormentos said:

My post wasn't even about graphics...

What was it about? Your picture was clearly showing a disparity in graphics.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 tormentos

@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

Between PC and xbox one,but i even include a black square representing the lack of the PS4 version,now Infamous was the first pic i found and the point was very easy to see,no PC,xbox one or xbox 360 version.

But once again what the fu** does PC has to do with consoles.? Yeah we know PC get stronger GPU and no one but hermits care,most console owners don't give a rats ass about PC,and considering that the best selling games and the highest games to are on consoles who the hell cares...

When was the last time PC got even something that make a stride or was at least mildly hype.? Hell the 2 biggest games last year both weren't on PC,GTA5 and TLOU.

@lundy86_4 said:

Wow, a whole lot of crying in this thread. DF goes from expert to crazy more often than I change my underwear. Fight that good fight Cows.

Yeah lets ignore that DF a few months from the xbox one launch was running MS publicity on the xbox one, doing the dirty work,riding the secret sauce in more than 5 straight article which did nothing but trying to damage control the image of weak console the xbox one had,hell Panello and Major Nelson openly lied to DF and claim the difference was small,that the games would do the talking,in an effort to spark xbox one sales that were on the floor,even if it mean trick people and lie to them.

When the launch came and games started to be double resolution wise by the PS4,or just beat down in all departments was that DF at least dare to say something,and several things were even point to them by site because they miss them.

DF and Richard Leadbetter were doing damage control for MS pretending they were been unbiased is a joke,and before you say anything no matter if the try to hide things and claim the xbox one version is superior or just say it is a tie,sites will expose the difference,much like it was done today,where they conveniently didn't mention Parallax mapping on xbox one been missing,and shadows popping out of no where like textures did on PS4.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 kalipekona

@tormentos said:
@kalipekona said:

My post wasn't even about graphics so nice that you completely ignore it,now Watch dogs will also be on PS4,now how is that Infamous version on PC coming alone.?

Aha... Do tell..lol

Ah another delusional cow who somehow believes only Sony consoles have exclusives.

Oh, and I'd like actual benchmarks of the PS4 and XB1 versions to prove this "5% to 20% less frames" claim. Otherwise you are just talking out your @ss. The Digital Foundry framerate analysis video certainly didn't show it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 lundy86_4

@tormentos said:

Yeah lets ignore that DF a few months from the xbox one launch was running MS publicity on the xbox one, doing the dirty work,riding the secret sauce in more than 5 straight article which did nothing but trying to damage control the image of weak console the xbox one had,hell Panello and Major Nelson openly lied to DF and claim the difference was small,that the games would do the talking,in an effort to spark xbox one sales that were on the floor,even if it mean trick people and lie to them.

When the launch came and games started to be double resolution wise by the PS4,or just beat down in all departments was that DF at least dare to say something,and several things were even point to them by site because they miss them.

DF and Richard Leadbetter were doing damage control for MS pretending they were been unbiased is a joke,and before you say anything no matter if the try to hide things and claim the xbox one version is superior or just say it is a tie,sites will expose the difference,much like it was done today,where they conveniently didn't mention Parallax mapping on xbox one been missing,and shadows popping out of no where like textures did on PS4.

You need to prove all of these points, plus provide the disparity from their regular discourse.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

In related news, sales of Thief on the Xbone has increased 1,500% as lems finally have a game they can crow over.

Unfortunately, the final sales number was only 15,000 copies because lems do not like to play games, the Xbone's primary use is to watch TV shows while snapping dubstep music videos on Youtube.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#183  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Loving this thread, thanks TC. Hopefully we can get more more sea-sawing in future games (some better on ps some on xb) so these threads continue to entertain.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@kingtito said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@kingtito: "just except the fact"....

Are you fucking stupid?

Are you stupid? I'm not the one pledging allegiance to a single company because they happen to make a product I like. You moronic cows are. So, the real question is are you stupid?

It's amusing how you act like it's only cows who pledge allegiance to a single company.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#185  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@tormentos: I own both the PS4 and Xbox One...

Thief isn’t a game that I would want since it got such a mediocre score..... I’d buy in a few months when it’s price is lowered.

I’m kinda disappointed in Thief. Because Thief games were legendary.

But in the case of which platform has the better version... I don’t even freaking care.

If the Xbox One gets the better version so what...

PS4 gets better version....

It won’t be that much of a difference.

Because if you want to play pixels and graphics (not games) then go buy yourself that $1500 Rig.

I bought PS4 and Xbox One because I know that games like Infamous Second Son won’t be on anything other than PS4 and same for Xbox One.

Most of my friends are on xbox live. So I’d probably rather buy Multiplats on Xbox One if the game has multiplayer that’ll be a bonus.

I bought PS4 for dem exclusives.

On another note.....

"But hey have you play the game.? Do you have a PS4 and Thief on PS4 and xbox one to compare for your self.? So your are agreeing with DF based on their opinion.?”

(You replied this to Kingtito)

Well, considering that every damn fanboy wants their console to have the best version I think the first choice would be to post an article from the internet that clearly says that Xbox One has the better version or PS4 has the better version. Yes, this is the DF’s opinion.

But then I could go and say that PS4 is 200% stronger than a gaming rig... Just because the whole web is full of opinions.

Remember when I said on the MSG GZ thread.

Xbox One could easily do weather simulation...

PS4 can’t do AF( 5 which is BS)

Deal with it

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

SonyGaf NeoGaf is in full meltdown. As of now there are more pages in the DF thread than the Thief OT thread.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#187 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I'm surprised that PS4 version doesn't have AF and only used Trilinear. It doesn't cost a lot of performance, but makes big difference.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

Between PC and xbox one,but i even include a black square representing the lack of the PS4 version,now Infamous was the first pic i found and the point was very easy to see,no PC,xbox one or xbox 360 version.

But once again what the fu** does PC has to do with consoles.? Yeah we know PC get stronger GPU and no one but hermits care,most console owners don't give a rats ass about PC,and considering that the best selling games and the highest games to are on consoles who the hell cares...

When was the last time PC got even something that make a stride or was at least mildly hype.? Hell the 2 biggest games last year both weren't on PC,GTA5 and TLOU.

This is system wars NOT console wars and Wintel PC is a system.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

lol FreedomFromFacts topic

PS4:

- 1080p

- Parallax occlusion mapping

- Trilinear filtering

- Holds 30 FPS more consistent

- More noticeable Unreal Engine texture load-in

- No tearing

Xbox One:

- 900p

- no Parallax occlusion mapping

- 16x anisotropic filtering

- less consistent 30 FPS (high intensity scenes mostly)

- Tearing (lower third)

"Better"

Makes the PS4 look worse if it couldn't out perform with those settings LOL

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#190 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

@tormentos said:

The xbox one has.

50% lower resolution.

drops to 20 FPS some say 18 FPS the PS4 version drop to 25.

Total lack of Parallax mapping.

Severe screen tearing.

And was given an edge based on a damn filter.? The frames alone is reason enough to declare the PS4 version superior+ 50% higher resolution even worse.

"Performance on PS4 and Xbox One counts as a bigger concern, and neither deserves any sort of recommendation here. Frankly, it feels unpleasant to control Garrett when moving with any haste - not due to frame-rate dips alone, but because of the pacing of these frames, leading to stuttering."

"However, the PS4's weaker texture filtering does factor into the comparison more visibly, with assets appearing blurrier than they should at a distance, and asset pop-in proving slightly more evident."

BOTTOM LINE:

According to digital Foundry...

...with regards to frame rate: There is no advantage for either console due to stuttering; (not to mention the fact that the PS4 dropped as low as 21 if you want to get technical.)

...with regards to resolution: The 1080 > 900 difference is less of an issue here when you have poor texture filtering and asset streaming. Basically what's the point of a 1080 screen if it's tainted with poor visual effects and bugs.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Thats enough with the insults. The direct ones and the ones aimed at a broad group. If you can't post without doing that, you can't post.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Thief 4 is shit, if MGS: Ground Zeroes can look twice as good and perform twice as good as this garbage can, it's a waste of breath to argue who got the 'least shit' edition.

bodde1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By bodde1972
Member since 2013 • 117 Posts

In regards to the texture streaming issue on the PS4

Stop this video at 12.39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnkZy...a1TGBnREZvMQKz

and this one at 17 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEWIV...H6TAHx7iFaZ6Gf

Both are playthroughs on PS4 and at the times stated are the exact scene that is shown above in the 4th comparision tool picture. note that in both examples given the texture on the red cloth has fully resolved and is not the blurry mess shown above??

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By LanceSSJ

the tears of cows are delicious in this thread

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 tormentos

@soulitane said:

@kingtito said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@kingtito: "just except the fact"....

Are you fucking stupid?

Are you stupid? I'm not the one pledging allegiance to a single company because they happen to make a product I like. You moronic cows are. So, the real question is are you stupid?

It's amusing how you act like it's only cows who pledge allegiance to a single company.

The best part about him is that he is a die hard lemming,who like Blackace (lemming supreme king) also does the same sh**..hahaha

In fact ask him what console he own..lol

@kalipekona said:

Ah another delusional cow who somehow believes only Sony consoles have exclusives.

Oh, and I'd like actual benchmarks of the PS4 and XB1 versions to prove this "5% to 20% less frames" claim. Otherwise you are just talking out your @ss. The Digital Foundry framerate analysis video certainly didn't show it.

Now where in hell i say that my butthurt friend.? See you are arguing things i never say,did i claim only sony has exclusives.?

If the average is 30FPS and the xbox one version drop to 20 FPS while the PS4 stay at 25 what is the difference in % now lets test that math of yours..

@T-razor1 said:

"Performance on PS4 and Xbox One counts as a bigger concern, and neither deserves any sort of recommendation here. Frankly, it feels unpleasant to control Garrett when moving with any haste - not due to frame-rate dips alone, but because of the pacing of these frames, leading to stuttering."

"However, the PS4's weaker texture filtering does factor into the comparison more visibly, with assets appearing blurrier than they should at a distance, and asset pop-in proving slightly more evident."

BOTTOM LINE:

...with regards to frame rate: There is no advantage for either console due to stuttering; (not to mention the fact that the PS4 dropped as low as 21 if you want to get technical.)

...with regards to resolution: The 1080 > 900 difference is less of an issue here when you have poor texture filtering and asset streaming. Basically what's the point of a 1080 screen if it's tainted with poor visual effects and bugs.

Why do you think they didn't mention the PS4 version dropping to 21FPS.? Yeah it was a problem on their side much like when Tomb Raider on xbox one dropped to 18 FPS on xbox one,which wasn't noted by them for the same reason,they clearly say the PS4 has faster frames,and mention nothing about the 21 FPS drop.

The same reason this was ignore on DF,it was a so call error on their side,which is why they say sh** about that drop.

Also a drop 1 second doesn't = the whole game,BF4 has moment where the xbox one version actually outpaced the PS4,yeah some obscure moment that lasted 2 seconds more the majority of the game the PS4 command a 10FPS lead.

yeah we have see DF downplaying the resolution advantage in other instances to,if they downplay double resolution in COD ghost imaging 50% more.

@acp_45 said:

@tormentos: I own both the PS4 and Xbox One...

Thief isn’t a game that I would want since it got such a mediocre score..... I’d buy in a few months when it’s price is lowered.

I’m kinda disappointed in Thief. Because Thief games were legendary.

But in the case of which platform has the better version... I don’t even freaking care.

If the Xbox One gets the better version so what...

PS4 gets better version....

It won’t be that much of a difference.

Because if you want to play pixels and graphics (not games) then go buy yourself that $1500 Rig.

I bought PS4 and Xbox One because I know that games like Infamous Second Son won’t be on anything other than PS4 and same for Xbox One.

Most of my friends are on xbox live. So I’d probably rather buy Multiplats on Xbox One if the game has multiplayer that’ll be a bonus.

I bought PS4 for dem exclusives.

On another note.....

"But hey have you play the game.? Do you have a PS4 and Thief on PS4 and xbox one to compare for your self.? So your are agreeing with DF based on their opinion.?”

(You replied this to Kingtito)

Well, considering that every damn fanboy wants their console to have the best version I think the first choice would be to post an article from the internet that clearly says that Xbox One has the better version or PS4 has the better version. Yes, this is the DF’s opinion.

But then I could go and say that PS4 is 200% stronger than a gaming rig... Just because the whole web is full of opinions.

Remember when I said on the MSG GZ thread.

Xbox One could easily do weather simulation...

PS4 can’t do AF( 5 which is BS)

Deal with it

Do you own both games.? No.? Ok then you can't say sh** because you believe that if some one doesn't own something it can't talk about it,yeah that is your argument coming back to hunt you,since i don't believe that crap i don't care but you do and try already to enforce it on me..

No they say the xbox one version edge the PS4 version thanks to a filter,and ignoring faster frames on PS4,50% higher resolution,and total lack of Parallax mapping which give a depth feel to textures,people who care about graphics and argue this will not pick up the xbox one version,when is say to drop to 20FPS.

Opinions are fine but since you have no way to prove the PS4 is 200% stronger than a PC Rig well basically you are arguing without nothing,unless you are comparing the PS4 to a 2005 Rig that is..

Yeah it can do weather simulation but it could not on MGS,Kujima it self had been polite about the xbox one since day 1,hell he even downplay the difference as minimal,but when he showed with the xbox one version at 720p without weather simulation you could see there problem is not the developer is the xbox one,Ghost,Tomb Raider,BF4,AC4 all run better on PS4,is no secret.

Thief is not using the new update is just a mess up game.

That is funny because Killzone SF piss all over Thief and do AF up to 16 at times..

So yeah you can bag your PS4 can't do AF it is confirmed this developer screwed up,not the PS4..

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@T-razor1 said:

The Xbone dropped to 20 during combat sequences if you want to get really anal over numbers.

Regardless, it's tres amusing that lems are getting so het up over getting the least shit version of a mediocre game.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

this is sad and embarrassing to read some of the comments here from the xbros.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@ZoomZoom2490: and not the cowhards? Lol OK.