Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@ttboy said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

Similarly, I'm not sure how the Xbone can do DX12 meaningfully either considering it already runs hotter than the PS4 despite its size and increasing the fan speed destroys the design philosophy of making it a silent media box.

Thats a fair point. It was shocking how big the system was when it debuted. Also the fan is quite a big larger than needed. So either it is as you say and they wanted a silent media box or the system engineers knew they had to have a cooling option in place for directx 12.

Either way we will find out shortly. What is bugging me is that the architecture is very strange. I don't believe thats a result of bad engineering.

The XB1 is big for a reason. The power brick is pretty much overkill for what's in the system. The PS4 obviously runs hotter, it has more powerful tech in it and it's a lot smaller. This is why many gamers and PC tech guys were concerned it would eventually overheat. Also, the specs in the XB1 isn't even suppose to be able to run DX12. Which obviously means, there's something else in the XB1 that will allow DX12 to run on it. Microsoft is obviously aware that there is more power in the XB1 then meets the eye. That's why the fan is the largest in any game console to date. The PS4 fan is almost 1/2 the size. E3 is going to be pretty funny. I hope Sony goes first this time around. Microsoft should makes sure they go last this E3.

DX12 runs on all GCN GPU that include the 7790 and 7770 as well which are GCN.

The xbox 360 has some DX10 features yet the xbox 360 hardware isn't DX 10 fully compatible it means nothing,DX12 is an API to emulate mantle and LibGNM on PS4 nothing more.

I guess that make the fat PS3 as powerful as the xbox one it has a fan as big as that one,when the xbox 360 had crappy fans..hahaha

You really want to know why the xbox one big.? There are 3 reason.

1-MS sucks making consoles,the xbox was huge and bulky,the xbox 360 was huge as well and with a separate power brick that was huge,so to fallow on the tradition the xbox one is the biggest one yet..lol

2-MS suffer a terrible RROD with the xbox 360,most of the problems were do to over heating,so they play it safe leave allot of room so that the APU could breath more easy,just like PC cases are big for that same reason.

3-The APU MS made included ESRAM,with the GPU and CPU alone is enough to get the APU hot,so ESRAM also helped raise the heat more.

The xbox one is a sad 7790 cut down,there is no secret sauce on it you should move on,in e thread you claim you don't care about graphics and on this one you come in and make secret sauces and invent crap,oh and who can forget that damage control,of you will see on E3 you will see...lol

@ttboy said:

We would need to benchmark the system to really know what he means in detail. My guess is that he profiles his game like any good dev and noticed the GPU scores are much higher than before. Under what conditions we will not know. They will probably have some Demo or game running DX12 on Xbox at E3. Then the floodgates will open (good or bad).

Or he is running damage control for MS like several others have done on the past.the funny thing is that even a developer for Activision as well as other developer didn't like that PR very much one even say that he didn't know why people go on record for that,going on record means if it fails to deliver the joke is on him..

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#302 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@tormentos said:

@hoyalawya said:

@04dcarraher said:
You think their going to assign hundreds of thousands of physical servers to provide real time processing for every single X1 user for all games and all gameplay types. Also dont ignore the fact that bandwidth limits, latency and state of the internet infrastructure in the USA just will not allow the hyped up un-realistic power of "the cloud" for all gaming purposes.

Yes, I do not see a problem with that. Xbox customers are already subsidizing the cost of the cloud by paying for Live. Servers are not expensive nowadays especially when you buy them in boat-load as Microsoft does. Plus, games are usually played during non-working hours. The gaming cloud infrastructure can use the capacity from the business cloud during those off-hours.

For the second point, almost 80% of USA population live in the urban area. So, I do not see a problem with Microsoft pushing cloud for Xbox One forward with the stats.

Dude you do know servers for compute are not cheap right.? Servers use for compute use Tesla GPU which are expensive as hell...

http://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CKycz8yR2b0CFYN0Ogod2SEAKw&Item=9B-14-132-015&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleBiz&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleBiz-_-pla-_-Workstation+Graphics+Cards-_-9B-14-132-015&ef_id=UffHfAAABYAtMAxA:20140411191125:s

Some more than $5,000 dollars for the GPU alone.

You can use a jaguar server with a 7770 and expect to power 10 systems,compute servers are expensive dude.

50MB connection are sh** for anything graphically intensive to be transmit over the net,even GPU from 2000 have way higher bandwidth that 50GB dude.

Is your complete lack of knowledge on how graphics cards work what make you think that cloud computing is possible to deliver something significant.sterday screen of walmart been completely wipe out of PS4 while the xbox one was been sold for $449...hahaha And still was available...lol

Nope it is just your ignorance and stupidity. The way Microsoft envisions Xbox One cloud computing is for lag-insensitive processor intensive computing such as preloading lighting effects and terrains. GPU does not factor into the solution. I guess that you have never seen a virtual computing host or know anything about it. I don't know the details of the virtual host that Microsoft is using but it should probably be something like a 256+ core machines with 256+ GB of memory. One virtual host can run several virtual machines simultaneously.

Again, the vision of Microsoft is not to steam graphics from the datacenter to the console. It is again only for lag-insensitive processor intensive stuffs. The idea is to offload those tasks to servers to free up local resources for other stuffs. Go watch the Build 2014 presentation to broaden your horizons.

P.S., it is PlayStation Now that plans to stream entire games (graphics and everything) from server(s) to console. Somehow they think that it is going to work, lag and all.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@blackace said:

@ttboy said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

Similarly, I'm not sure how the Xbone can do DX12 meaningfully either considering it already runs hotter than the PS4 despite its size and increasing the fan speed destroys the design philosophy of making it a silent media box.

Thats a fair point. It was shocking how big the system was when it debuted. Also the fan is quite a big larger than needed. So either it is as you say and they wanted a silent media box or the system engineers knew they had to have a cooling option in place for directx 12.

Either way we will find out shortly. What is bugging me is that the architecture is very strange. I don't believe thats a result of bad engineering.

The XB1 is big for a reason. The power brick is pretty much overkill for what's in the system. The PS4 obviously runs hotter, it has more powerful tech in it and it's a lot smaller. This is why many gamers and PC tech guys were concerned it would eventually overheat. Also, the specs in the XB1 isn't even suppose to be able to run DX12. Which obviously means, there's something else in the XB1 that will allow DX12 to run on it. Microsoft is obviously aware that there is more power in the XB1 then meets the eye. That's why the fan is the largest in any game console to date. The PS4 fan is almost 1/2 the size. E3 is going to be pretty funny. I hope Sony goes first this time around. Microsoft should makes sure they go last this E3.

Yes, it needs to be big to be totally silent. The PS4 can (and does) makes a little bit of noise because it was designed to be a games console.

Did you read what I wrote? The Xbone runs hotter than the PS4 during operation.

"Which obviously means, there's something else in the XB1 that will allow DX12 to run on it." Hidden GPU, right? ;)

deniiiii21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By deniiiii21
Member since 2007 • 1261 Posts

No amount of tweaking or any DirectX will make up the difference between PS4 and Xbox1.

768 shaders

1152 shaders.

End of story no more discussing.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#306  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
@misterpmedia said:

Ignore the PS4 dev, seems like a pointless comment. More quotes at the source.

PS4 ICE Team programmer Cort Stratton added that, “New SDKs can significantly improve performance on the same hardware, yes. Dunno about DX12/X1 specifically, of course; not my dept.

He also said that people have a right to be skeptical about performance gains. “Good; always be suspicious of ANY perf. improvement claims. e.g. what *exactly* got 50-100% faster? Faster than what? Details!”

Treyarch software engineer Dan Olson had a less amused take. “Here’s an article… no idea why people go on record for stuff like this.”

Programmer Dean Ashton found it downright hilarious. Either that or life-threatening judging by his response. “2x perf on Xbox One when using DX12? That article nearly made me choke on my cup of tea.”

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/devs-react-to-...AoDlY3FJqQ5.99

Seems it's not just the fanboys that are skeptical. Discuss.

SCE’s R&D PhyreEngine team's "DX12 will push GPUs twice as hard leading to overheating" statement is LOL.

My MSI Twin Frozr IV R9-290X + Battlefield 4 Mantle + Thief Mantle runs under 80C. 95C temps limits my reference R9-290 from overheat damage.

I plan to apply "Accelero Hybrid II - 120" on my reference R9-290. http://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/products/cooling/vga/accelero-hybrid-ii-120.html

Dean Ashton's disclosure http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,52991/ Mostly involved with Sony's titles e.g. Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Heavenly Sword, inFamous.

------------

From http://www.neowin.net/news/directx-12-a-game-changer-for-xbox-one

"The results are spectacular. Not just in theory but in practice (full disclosure: I am involved with the Star Swarm demo which makes use of this kind of technology.) While each generation of video card struggles to gain substantial performance over the previous generation, here, the same hardware will suddenly see a doubling of performance."

XBox One is the biggest beneficiary; it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one.

------------

Star Swarm demo's stakeholder claimed 2X improvements with DirectX 12 on Xbox One.

Both Rebellion and Oxide Games are well known AMD Gaming Evolved partners.

AMD Mantle has greater benefits for AMD CPUs than on high-end Intel CPUs and Xbox One has a low end 8 core AMD Jaguar at 1.75Ghz.

AMD Gaming Evolved developers vs Sony's developers.

From http://gamingbolt.com/devs-react-to-dx-12-doubling-xbox-one-gpu-speed-ps4-ice-programmer-be-suspicious-of-claims#dckB886FUvMfzaRu.99

"It’s perhaps Billy O’Neal’s response that is most telling, seeing as he is a C# and C++ developer at Microsoft. “Both major consoles have a large number of weak sauce CPU cores. Hence the motivation to optimize that case.” Would any one from the company really go on record and say that?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 ronvalencia

@deniiiii21 said:

No amount of tweaking or any DirectX will make up the difference between PS4 and Xbox1.

768 shaders

1152 shaders.

It's relatively minor difference since both boxes are in 1.x TFLOPS range i.e. ~1.31 TFLOPS vs 1.84 TFLOPS.

For reference, my R9-290X runs at 5.857 TFLOPS. I could CF my R9-290 and R9-290X for +10 TFLOPS (5376 stream processors) monster i.e. near R9-295X X2 monster.

From http://wccftech.com/amd-pirate-islands-r9-300-series-bermuda-fiji-treasure-islands-xtx/ rumoured next-gen R9-390X with 4224 stream processors i.e. yields 66 CU from 64 processor array per CU. 1Ghz at 66 CU yields about 8.4 TFLOPS. The pattern is similar since 7990 > R9-290X i.e. R9-295 X2 > R9-390X. AMD's new single GPU flagship is usually behind the last-gen dual GPU single board super-dreadnought and above last-gen single GPU flagship.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@deniiiii21 said:

768 shaders

1152 shaders.

It's relatively minor difference since both boxes are in 1.x TFLOPS range i.e. ~1.31 TFLOPS vs 1.84 TFLOPS.

For reference, my R9-290X runs at 5.857 TFLOPS. I could CF my R9-290 and R9-290X for +10 TFLOPS (5376 stream processors) monster i.e. near R9-295X X2 monster.

From http://wccftech.com/amd-pirate-islands-r9-300-series-bermuda-fiji-treasure-islands-xtx/ rumoured next-gen R9-390X with 4224 stream processors i.e. yields 66 CU from 64 processor array per CU. 1Ghz at 66 CU yields about 8.4 TFLOPS. The pattern is similar since 7990 > R9-290X i.e. R9-295 X2 > R9-390X. AMD's new single GPU flagship is usually behind the last-gen dual GPU single board super-dreadnought and above last-gen single GPU flagship.

I'm sorry to say, but just because your graphics card that pushes multiple monitors is huge in power, doesn't mean the difference in power between the two consoles isn't pretty steep. Percentage-wise, the difference in power between the two is quite large, and to developers coding for enclosed environments that is what is going to count.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@deniiiii21 said:

768 shaders

1152 shaders.

It still is a significant difference. Comparing to your PC doesn't nullify the difference between the two consoles.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By ronvalencia

@PinkiePirate said:

@ronvalencia said:

@deniiiii21 said:

768 shaders

1152 shaders.

It still is a significant difference. Comparing to your PC doesn't nullify the difference between the two consoles.

"Minor difference" doesn't equal nullified differences.

and @Shewgenja

On the CU count, it's relatively minor difference when compared between the prototype Radeon HD 7850 (1.32 TFLOPS) vs R7-265 (1.89 TFLOPS).

The prototype Radeon HD 7850's 768 stream processors are not gimped by X1's memory designs.

Rebellion already explained the main reasons why most games on Xbox One are less than 1920x1080p i.e. effective 32 MB ESRAM usage needs "tiling tricks".

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@PinkiePirate said:

It's very significant when compared to past-hardware and not-so significant when compared to newer hardware. It's true for everything. Relative to each other, the PS4 is significantly more powerful than the XB1. Not just in shader core count, but having access to a larger pool of GDDR5 memory and being built on a custom-bus faster than PCI Express 3.0 also helps.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By ronvalencia

@PinkiePirate said:

@ronvalencia said:

@PinkiePirate said:

It's very significant when compared to past-hardware and not-so significant when compared to newer hardware. It's true for everything. Relative to each other, the PS4 is significantly more powerful than the XB1. Not just in shader core count, but having access to a larger pool of GDDR5 memory and being built on a custom-bus faster than PCI Express 3.0 also helps.

Both Xbox One and PS4 hardware are PC based.

On CPU-to-GPU, PCI-Express 3.0 16 lanes has a total 32 GB/s bandwidth which is higher than PS4's CPU-to-GPU total 20 GB/s (from dual 10 GB/s links). PS4 easily beats PCI-Express 2.0 16 lanes.

For current games, the issue with PCI-Express 2.0 16 lanes vs PCI-Express 3.0 16 lanes are relatively minor e.g. Intel Sandybridge (with PCI-Express 2.0 16 lanes) + AMD 7950 BE or NV GTX 670 still delivers better 1920x1080p result.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

PS4 ICE Team programmer Cort Stratton added that, “New SDKs can significantly improve performance on the same hardware, yes. Dunno about DX12/X1 specifically, of course; not my dept.

He also said that people have a right to be skeptical about performance gains. “Good; always be suspicious of ANY perf. improvement claims. e.g. what *exactly* got 50-100% faster? Faster than what? Details!”

Treyarch software engineer Dan Olson had a less amused take. “Here’s an article… no idea why people go on record for stuff like this.”

Programmer Dean Ashton found it downright hilarious. Either that or life-threatening judging by his response. “2x perf on Xbox One when using DX12? That article nearly made me choke on my cup of tea.”

Why do you keep refereeing to me as some other poster? Also I've noticed that you are all over this forum acting as if your some den mother or something like your the leader of the recess hour on the playground or something?. From what I can tell your a hardcore PS fanboy and clearly have way to much time on your hands and no life as much as you seem to try to control this forum to your liking. Get a life bro have you ever even had a girlfriend?

he was a troll and typed similar. He got banned from posting by making so many bad troll threads and shit posting constantly. You can find more of his work on the IGN Xbox lobby...well it's not like you have to go over there, he's probably you. But I don't much care for it.

lol I must have really rustled your jimmies quite badly. None of the bold that I expect was meant to hurt me emotionally even registered. Your own assumptions are your own undoing. I consider this a passive meltdown in a weird attempt to get under my skin by typing out any sorts of garbage from those fingers of yours. Don't waste your time buddy, it won't work. We're but names on a forum board that's a deep as it gets. Also you are the perfect example that I've brought up many times with other users, that lems love to get personal with the account member instead of tackling the issues head on. What do you expect to achieve? Controlling the forum? Erm, what? Mods do that, kid. LOL the girlfriend comment, confirmed for pre-teen.

If you can't take system wars you should just delete your account. Sound advice from the Den Mother lol

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By misterpmedia

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

Why do you keep refereeing to me as some other poster? Also I've noticed that you are all over this forum acting as if your some den mother or something like your the leader of the recess hour on the playground or something?. From what I can tell your a hardcore PS fanboy and clearly have way to much time on your hands and no life as much as you seem to try to control this forum to your liking. Get a life bro have you ever even had a girlfriend?

he was a troll and typed similar. He got banned from posting by making so many bad troll threads and shit posting constantly. You can find more of his work on the IGN Xbox lobby...well it's not like you have to go over there, he's probably you. But I don't much care for it.

lol I must have really rustled your jimmies quite badly. None of the bold that I expect was meant to hurt me emotionally even registered. Your own assumptions are your own undoing. I consider this a passive meltdown in a weird attempt to get under my skin by typing out any sorts of garbage from those fingers of yours. Don't waste your time buddy, it won't work. We're but names on a forum board that's a deep as it gets. Also you are the perfect example that I've brought up many times with other users, that lems love to get personal with the account member instead of tackling the issues head on. What do you expect to achieve? Controlling the forum? Erm, what? Mods do that, kid. LOL the girlfriend comment, confirmed for pre-teen.

If you can't take system wars you should just delete your account. Sound advice from the Den Mother lol

You see I'm already on to you though and not sure if the mods are yet or if they care. But you think your slick but your not. I see in basically all of your thread titles you make it seem that your looking for an objective opinion And you do that because your trying to fly under the mod radar of being banned. You are clearly trying to be crafty and make it seem you're not deliberately starting troll threads by trying to word your threat titles in a way that just barley indicates it's a troll thread but also just barley makes it seem like your being innocent. The reality is you do it this way so you can try and start long over blown page after page troll thread but make it appear in your thread title like what I didn't do this deliberately but you clearly are.

You know exactly what I'm saying I'm on to you that quick. And that fact that you even post things about wanting to get others band is an exact example of the tool kid on the playground trying to control the lot to his liking. Usually it's a kid that does this and hangs with kids a few years younger so they can control the other kids and make the others think he is special or something,. This is exactly you. You never get laid that's for sure LOL

Stopped reading right there. You aren't. Give up, you're fighting an uphill battle that you're not going to win lol. Sorry dude, you don't know anything.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#320  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9436 Posts

OpenGL is still the sauce boss

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By misterpmedia

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

You see I'm already on to you though and not sure if the mods are yet or if they care. But you think your slick but your not. I see in basically all of your thread titles you make it seem that your looking for an objective opinion And you do that because your trying to fly under the mod radar of being banned. You are clearly trying to be crafty and make it seem you're not deliberately starting troll threads by trying to word your threat titles in a way that just barley indicates it's a troll thread but also just barley makes it seem like your being innocent. The reality is you do it this way so you can try and start long over blown page after page troll thread but make it appear in your thread title like what I didn't do this deliberately but you clearly are.

You know exactly what I'm saying I'm on to you that quick. And that fact that you even post things about wanting to get others band is an exact example of the tool kid on the playground trying to control the lot to his liking. Usually it's a kid that does this and hangs with kids a few years younger so they can control the other kids and make the others think he is special or something,. This is exactly you. You never get laid that's for sure LOL

Stopped reading right there. You aren't. Give up, you're fighting an uphill battle that you're not going to win lol. Sorry dude, you don't know anything.

It's all true and you know it and I bet most on here realize this also your a total tool and we all know it get a life looser. By the way I honestly could care less what others do or post on forums but I'm just calling you out for exactly what you are and you know it.

Stopped reading right there too. You can type out as much as you want pal it won't make any of the garbage you type true. Enjoy convincing yourself that ;).

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Shewgenja

The only secret sauce the Xbone is capable of is duping fanboy idiots into believing the very architects of the XBone never said this.

Whoops, this game was over before it ever begun. Better luck next gen.

And I must admit, that must be some powerful shit to see a thread like this go 7 pages on the sheer force of delusion.

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#325 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Those of you saying DX12 will go to ALL cards (including PS4's GPU) are VERY misinformed or new to the industry. DX12 will go to ALL *Windows* based cards as Windows in some form is required for DX12. So no, SONY will not ever get DX12 and neither will Linux, Android or Mac or any other platform not Windows based -at least without some form of emulation (which would create horrible performance for high end gaming).

Also historically DX releases make a huge difference in performance and visuals.

Will it make the games run twice as fast? Hard to say. Is it possible? Most definitely. Even SONY has said this -then laughing saying that it would cause overheating issues if it did. Well -what if it didn't overheat since The X1 does have an undisputed more significant cooling solution than the PS4? (Hence the larger case and massive H/S Fan combo under the hood as evidenced in any tear down video).

Let's not forget that the "DX12 doubling GPU Power" statement did not come from MS -but from Stardock -who is developing games for BOTH consoles.

People continue making silly arguments with obviously VERY little experience. History shows that everything MS is saying is "POSSIBLE" -as AMD, Intel and Nvidia have all made statements to back up the power of DX12 -which according to AMD blows Mantle out of the water, though they said they will continue to develop Mantle.

Remember AMD (developer of both consoles APU's), is the one that said DX12 is like going 4 generations ahead, again this statement was not from MS.

The PS4 DOES have a stronger GPU based on raw CompUnits. Based on old programming models there is no question it would continue to outperform the X1. However if, AND it is a BIG "IF" -MS can actually deliver offloading say half the work from the GPU, then yes in theory while the GPU is not superior to that in the PS4, it would still theoretically perform on par or even possibly better, unless SONY figured out how to do the same thing through their own API's.

In closing...

It is a huge deal that Phil Spencer is the new boss. The X1 development truly starts...

Now.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By Shewgenja

@DataDream said:

Those of you saying DX12 will go to ALL cards (including PS4's GPU) are VERY misinformed or new to the industry. DX12 will go to ALL *Windows* based cards as Windows in some form is required for DX12. So no, SONY will not ever get DX12 and neither will Linux, Android or Mac or any other platform not Windows based -at least without some form of emulation (which would create horrible performance for high end gaming).

Also historically DX releases make a huge difference in performance and visuals.

Will it make the games run twice as fast? Hard to say. Is it possible? Most definitely. Even SONY has said this -then laughing saying that it would cause overheating issues if it did. Well -what if it didn't overheat since The X1 does have an undisputed more significant cooling solution than the PS4? (Hence the larger case and massive H/S Fan combo under the hood as evidenced in any tear down video).

Let's not forget that the "DX12 doubling GPU Power" statement did not come from MS -but from Stardock -who is developing games for BOTH consoles.

People continue making silly arguments with obviously VERY little experience. History shows that everything MS is saying is "POSSIBLE" -as AMD, Intel and Nvidia have all made statements to back up the power of DX12 -which according to AMD blows Mantle out of the water, though they said they will continue to develop Mantle.

Remember AMD (developer of both consoles APU's), is the one that said DX12 is like going 4 generations ahead, again this statement was not from MS.

The PS4 DOES have a stronger GPU based on raw CompUnits. Based on old programming models there is no question it would continue to outperform the X1. However if, AND it is a BIG "IF" -MS can actually deliver offloading say half the work from the GPU, then yes in theory while the GPU is not superior to that in the PS4, it would still theoretically perform on par or even possibly better, unless SONY figured out how to do the same thing through their own API's.

In closing...

It is a huge deal that Phil Spencer is the new boss. The X1 development truly starts...

Now.

Hey doofus, what's the difference between a Windows card and any other card on God's green earth? Last I checked, you have to wait around for some codemonkey in an MS lab to certify and redistribute tools while OpenGL and every other API on the planet upgrades constantly. That, and good luck pulling off DirectX Jedi magic with fewer CUs and RoPS.

The only thing beginning is wiping the floor with you superstitious twits. You could have had tiled resources months ago if your precious XBot labs weren't so busy reprogramming the XBone from being a wallet-raping DRM beast.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By misterpmedia

@rocky_denace said:
@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

It's all true and you know it and I bet most on here realize this also your a total tool and we all know it get a life looser. By the way I honestly could care less what others do or post on forums but I'm just calling you out for exactly what you are and you know it.

Stopped reading right there too. You can type out as much as you want pal it won't make any of the garbage you type true. Enjoy convincing yourself that ;).

What's even sadder is throughout this thread you have posted STOPPED READING RIGHT THERE your such a tool dude everyone on here see's it your a lonely looser who got beat up in school and played with kids younger then you so you could play I'm special guy look at me and you can control the lot the same behavior you exhibit on here your a pathetic tool and we all see this and I've pointed you out plain as day

Why is that sad? Just because I don't want to read your moronic assumptions of a random guy on the internet. I'm sure people are actually laughing at this back and forth at the expense of yourself.

What is sad is that you think you're actually making a difference here by making up a fake persona for me just so you can type out gibberish to feel better about yourself. Must be tough for you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

Yes, it needs to be big to be totally silent. The PS4 can (and does) makes a little bit of noise because it was designed to be a games console.

"Which obviously means, there's something else in the XB1 that will allow DX12 to run on it." Hidden GPU, right? ;)

No, I usually don't read much of anything you or Tormentos writes, cause most of it is just garbage. The XB1 has a power brick on the outside (the PS4 has it on the inside of their system) and a larger fan because M$ knows the system will run even hotter then what it's doing right now. There is no 2nd GPU in the XB1. There is definitely something else that M$ isn't telling anyone.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Shewgenja

@misterpmedia said:

Why is that sad? Just because I don't want to read your moronic assumptions of a random guy on the internet. I'm sure people are actually laughing at this back and forth at the expense of yourself.

What is sad is that you think you're actually making a difference here by making up a fake persona for me just so you can type out gibberish to feel better about yourself. Must be tough for you.

Your personal squabble with that poster is turning this thread into a wall-o-text fest. In case you missed it, we have another Prophet of Secret Sauce in our midst and he is talking that GOOD shit.

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 DataDream

@Shewgenja:

The Cards are the same (Obviously) -the OS they run on is not. (Obviously)

You must be new.

While many such as myself are talking about speculative possabilities, fanboys (on either side) such as yourself, continue to make definite statements without the experience or facts to back it up.

Those speculating cant be wrong because its all conjecture we are talking about.

Those making definitive statements about new technology (such as yourself) are going to look absolutely rediculous "IF" you turn out to be wrong.

Anyone who thinks these things are not possible is too immature in the industry to form a valid opinion. This is why SONY (who is an amazing company) has said it is possible. They just dont believe it will be reality -hence the "Be skeptical..." statement.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

No, I usually don't read much of anything you or Tormentos writes, cause most of it is just garbage. The XB1 has a power brick on the outside (the PS4 has it on the inside of their system) and a larger fan because M$ knows the system will run even hotter then what it's doing right now. There is no 2nd GPU in the XB1. There is definitely something else that M$ isn't telling anyone.

There isn't anything, at all, that is inside that system that you do not know about. Nothing, zero, nada. You understand that everything you purchased in a device or electronic has to be disclosed to classification boards, to various consumer agencies, to retailers, etc. You know that throwing something in a box and trying to keep it a secret is next to impossible, on top of potentially law-breaking. Heck, people have dissected and x-rayed the machine, they've disclosed EVERYTHING that is inside of it, there were no surprises. And STILL, you refuse to believe a reality where maybe... just MAYBE, it might be a weaker console, just pure and outright?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 blackace

@theshensolidus said:

@blackace said:

There isn't anything, at all, that is inside that system that you do not know about. Nothing, zero, nada. You understand that everything you purchased in a device or electronic has to be disclosed to classification boards, to various consumer agencies, to retailers, etc. You know that throwing something in a box and trying to keep it a secret is next to impossible, on top of potentially law-breaking. Heck, people have dissected and x-rayed the machine, they've disclosed EVERYTHING that is inside of it, there were no surprises. And STILL, you refuse to believe a reality where maybe... just MAYBE, it might be a weaker console, just pure and outright?

You keep believing that if it makes you sleep better at night. lol!!

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 TheShensolidus

@Shewgenja said:

@DataDream said:

In closing...

Now.

Hey doofus, what's the difference between a Windows card and any other card on God's green earth? Last I checked, you have to wait around for some codemonkey in an MS lab to certify and redistribute tools while OpenGL and every other API on the planet upgrades constantly. That, and good luck pulling off DirectX Jedi magic with fewer CUs and RoPS.

The only thing beginning is wiping the floor with you superstitious twits. You could have had tiled resources months ago if your precious XBot labs weren't so busy reprogramming the XBone from being a wallet-raping DRM beast.

Don't even bother. As a developer, as someone who has released a massive game on the X1 and know a ****-ton about the system, i've learned to stop trying to convince anyone on a board like this of whats what when it comes to these consoles. They want to believe what they believe, great. Just let the software continue coming out as testament to whats really going on.

In the meantime, some of the xbox fans will continue to insult devs that focus on their hardware with statements like, "These devs just don't understand the hardware yet!", when all you're essentially saying is I don't understand how RAM works. RAM. Like, ESRAM has to do something magical because MS put it in the box. Its just not understood yet, it fundamentally doesn't work like all other RAM out there. It couldn't possibly be just a faster type of memory... no, that would be ludicrous.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 TheShensolidus

@blackace said:

@theshensolidus said:

@blackace said:

You keep believing that if it makes you sleep better at night. lol!!

LOL! Right! Only in my dreams, of course they sold you something so much better.

Oh God, won't you just be so smug when MS does come out is all like "Surprise! The Xbox One has a <insert secret sauce idea here> all along! We just wanted to fool everyone, so we could have a big upset moment! Sure, this could've helped us sell earlier in the generation, had people feel more secure about our long-term generational performance capabilities, and would have silenced any and all development concerns had we just shared this sooner, but we just needed to win when it came to surprising the competition and adding fuel to all would be internet power discussions!"

Because billion dollar companies investing in billion dollar consumer electronics do that all the time.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 misterpmedia

@Shewgenja said:

@misterpmedia said:

Your personal squabble with that poster is turning this thread into a wall-o-text fest. In case you missed it, we have another Prophet of Secret Sauce in our midst and he is talking that GOOD shit.

haha don't blame me for that. I'm just replying to him to humour him. He's only making a bigger fool of himself. If he cares so much enough to make stuff up then he'll care about what people think of him on this board so it sucks for him :p.
Secret sauce enthusiasts are the best. Probably fresh off the press from misterx.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By Shewgenja

@DataDream said:

@Shewgenja:

The Cards are the same (Obviously) -the OS they run on is not. (Obviously)

You must be new.

While many such as myself are talking about speculative possabilities, fanboys (on either side) such as yourself, continue to make definite statements without the experience or facts to back it up.

Those speculating cant be wrong because its all conjecture we are talking about.

Those making definitive statements about new technology (such as yourself) are going to look absolutely rediculous "IF" you turn out to be wrong.

Anyone who thinks these things are not possible is too immature in the industry to form a valid opinion. This is why SONY (who is an amazing company) has said it is possible. They just dont believe it will be reality -hence the "Be skeptical..." statement.

It will be much akin to the leap between Halo3 and Halo 4. The hardware and its abilities are not changing. The only thing that is changing is that all of that manpower to put together the XBone in its present state was resourced to put the DX12 environment together while a few specific technology teams are helping a select few developers with getting their titles out more or less on time in the meantime.

You're the ones lining up to buy a console that ships without an OS because of all the back-tracking, yet you're talking about some radical transformation based solely on the merit that the XBone in its current state is a pitiful mess.

Still think I'm new, a fanboy, or immature to the industry now? Because you went from being cute and misdirected to outright insulting. All the while betraying your own idiotic fanboyism in the process.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By misterpmedia

@blackace said:

@ttboy said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

Damn, blackace gone misterx on us lol. Wouldn't be a system wars topic without the faux-insider dropping those truth bombs, and the classic E3 statement, perfection. This has been a blackace appreciation post.

What's going to happen if MS goes first and Sony goes last? Worried MS will be massively upstaged by Sony?

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By DataDream

@Shewgenja:

Because calling me a "Doofus" in your very first line of your response to my post is not insulting, right?

I am not on one side or the other as I own both consoles this Gen and last -as well as a gaming PC. I am a gamer and dont descriminate between platforms. I buy based on games. Right now both console platforms have a couple good exclusives, wish there were more.

I think you've missed the point entirely of my initial post.

I made no definite prediction whatsoever. I never said anything about secret sauce or hidden hardware whatsoever. I merely pointed out what others in the industry are saying such as AMD, Intel, Nvidia, Stardock AND Sony.

And I apologize for the returned insult since it may not apply to you, it still applies to anyone making a definitive statement about future technology without facts to back it up.

I am only talking about what is possible. Same as the statements made by Sony.

More important though is the ability to accomplish these "promises" in a timely manner. MS is continually dropping the ball on that so far, while Sony is doing a phenomenal job of delivering on their promises. I do however believe this will change with Spencer taking over in that the X1 will be focussed on gaming again, as it shouldve been all along.

Sony is doing everything right so far, and I am happy about that.

MS has the opportunity to finally do something right, and I am happy to give them the opportunity.

Anyway, have a good day. Again sorry for the insult as directed at you personally. Turn about is fair play -but I still apologize.

On to better things, like...

Playing games! (Since Im about out of the office)

:-)

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 blackace
@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

Damn, blackace gone misterx on us lol. Wouldn't be a system wars topic without the faux-insider dropping those truth bombs, and the classic E3 statement, perfection. This has been a blackace appreciation post.

What's going to happen if MS goes first and Sony goes last? Worried MS will be massively upstaged by Sony?

MisterX what?!? Sony always seems to have their show after M$, then everyone tries to downplay what was shown by Microsoft. Let's see how things turn out in reverse. Not really worried about anything. I'm sure both will have great shows this year anyways. Since I own both systems, that's good for me.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By misterpmedia

@blackace said:
@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

MisterX what?!? Sony always seems to have their show after M$, then everyone tries to downplay what was shown by Microsoft. Let's see how things turn out in reverse. Not really worried about anything. I'm sure both will have great shows this year anyways. Since I own both systems, that's good for me.

Hmm, ok then...so why will E3 be funny?

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

DirectX12 won't help.

The PS4 is using next gen hardware and an API similar to Mantle.

Look at the radeon cores on the PS4 their huge. No software tricks can help X1.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@rocky_denace said:

@GravityX said:

DirectX12 won't help.

Links and pics of you working on DX12 API tools currently? Otherwise you are clueless.

Its all in front of you. If you can't see, don't get all huffy with me senor.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Shewgenja

@GravityX said:

DirectX12 won't help.

Source?

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@GravityX said:

DirectX12 won't help.

Nope, actually huge cores doesnt necessary equals more graphics power thats like saying Intel Pentium 4 is more power efficient than Core2Duo processor.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#348 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

If X1 was a PC, you could pop in a discreet GPU for $100 and problem solved. Would suck major ass to hope for something magical to happen. The girls never come!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By misterpmedia

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:
@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

What's even sadder is throughout this thread you have posted STOPPED READING RIGHT THERE your such a tool dude everyone on here see's it your a lonely looser who got beat up in school and played with kids younger then you so you could play I'm special guy look at me and you can control the lot the same behavior you exhibit on here your a pathetic tool and we all see this and I've pointed you out plain as day

Hey everyone listen this MISTERPMEDIA guy is a COMPLETE TOOL. Look how he says right here that he does not care about some randon guy on the internet refereeing to me yet he has said in separate threads that I should be banned so wait he does not care or does he? You see he is exactly what I'm saying he is the older kid in recess trying to play with the younger kids so he can try and control them and twist everything to his liking. Dude is a compete tool he start threads and tries to be slick knowing his entire goal is to start and explode a fanboy war why he sits back and watches but he thinks he is slick by trying to make the thread title somewhat not that trollish because he's knows he is only doing this to try and not get the ban hammer like wha wha me no I'm not starting troll threads but the reality is it's exactly what his intentions are. He also tries to make recommendations and gets other banned.

Yes this is coming from the guy who claims in his last statement that he does not care about a random poster in me yet he has gone out of his way in a few different threads telling mods to ban people and again all his threads are cheaply disguised troll threads but tries to pretend that he is just making an innocent thread but the reality is he is a hardcore Sony fanboy looking to do nothing else but create page after page of troll wars.

This is MISTERPMEDIA to a T

Also for anyone in this thread that has any once of sense in regards to DX12 yes the X1 has a huge heat sink and huge fan it's obvious MS engineered the box to be able to crank up more heat if needed and DX12 is again said to be a HUGE performance boost by a developer currently working with the API and both AMD and Intel have said it's a huge leap in performance along with NVIDA saying this also. And NO DX12 IS NOT COMING TO PS4. PS4 is a Open GL system and is not windows based.

dude you honestly have too much time on your hands. I stopped reading what you typed when you went overly personal with childish rants about your own life. Typing out huge essays is a huge waste of time. Sound advice there from Den Mother.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Poor blackace, totally cuckoo as usual.