Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#152 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Sounds like acti helped screw the poochj

Activision should be happy because they're just about to take the crown from EA.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Who cares, the game is consolised trash anyway, as the reviews prove.

Only an idiot would by this game and only a complete cabbage would buy more dlc rubbish for it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#154 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Ahem, Bungie did say they had creative freedom to do what they wanted with this ip and be the ones calling the shot, all Activision gets to do is put the bills.

They must accept all of the blame.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

i was reading the whole thing on bungie forums like an hour ago and it makes so much sense that it cannot be fake. Its so sad because they could've achieved the perfect shooter with very long longevity. Maybe Mass Effect 4 will be what Destiny could've been

edit: i glitched through every locked content today just to see how big it is and its no bigger than a strike... Seraphim Vault looks cool and reminds me of Killzone: SF but two strikes, a raid and couple of story missions for $20 and calling this an expansion is ridiculous .

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#156  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Five Stages of Flop:

1. Hype
  2. Denial
  3. Blame
  4. Apologetic
  5. Promise
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@GhoX said:

Five Stages of Flop:

1. Hype
  2. Denial
  3. Blame
  4. Apologetic
  5. Promise

sounds like ms talking about their xbone lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#158  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

Interesting read. If they basically gutted the story and the original vision for something more epic, something with more multiplayer interaction (like loot trading economy), that could have been something big. If they're going to replace that original sory with multiple DLCs then maybe I should just wait until they're done releasing DLC and see if a story develops and then when they have a collection of the game and DLC in one package then I might get it if people have good things to say by then.

If not, God help Bungie, they sold their souls to Activision. Everybody should have saw this coming.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#159 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Cant wait to buy $200 of DLC for thsi over the next 2 years

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

@tenaka2: you do understand this is a video game right? i hardly think someone purchasing a game you have no interest in is grounds for calling said person an idiot. grow up kid, ffs. come back when you have some genuine things to gripe about.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#161  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@Kjranu said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Activision should be happy because they're just about to take the crown from EA.

No. EA is still leading as far as I'm concerned.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@timster20 said:

What fps games have more content out of the box Monsieur?

I've played all the Stalker games Sniper

TF2,and it's free.

If we divide the content by the initial price(no you're not buying used or reselling it back)

6 modes/60$ = .10 fun factor

TF2

few modes/0$ = unlimited fun

You lost Cranler

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#163 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The more I play this game the more it frustrates me. It's certainly fun with friends playing through the chaos, but it's frigging frustrating. Loot system is bad, the shit you need to upgrade your shit is ridiculous to obtain or get since it's all friggin random. Bleh.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#164  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Well is the multiplayer PVp really that bad

I see no1 talking about it imo I only play games with good multiplayer for this very reason. At least there is something to do other than shooting sponge bosses

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#165 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

Sigh makes sense, not preordering any more games untill I see reviews again D:< well atleast I am not the only one that fell to the hype.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I blame casual bro gamers. They should real manly games like Metro instead of trash like Destiny.

Metro 2033 is a half assed game.

The stealth is broken and the AI seems to know when you're going to come out of cover and shoot before you even do so.

It looks great, but there are other buggy type things about that game that at the very least make it the same as Destiny.....a game some like and some don't.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

So much bullshit and drama surrounding this game. Honestly, this short video pretty much sums up how I feel about what's been going on (hint: the captain is Bungie).

Loading Video...

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#168 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@notorious1234na: Its alright. But, a level 20 will decimate a level 1-10 because he has more gear with perks.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 jg4xchamp

So is this proven real or no?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 BldgIrsh

@jg4xchamp: Honestly we will probably never know. Since if he was an actual destiny employee he would do his best to be anonymous to protect his career. And how deej has been misleading the game and simply avoiding to respond to any concerns, you really can't trust his word either without more substenance.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Mr_Huggles_dog

That video of the E3 demostration was a demo of the game. Yes, I agree that there is some stuff that probably got taken out and evidence of it is with the dude saying "out in the wild this is how we talk", but jesus man....this guy needs a tinfoil hat.

That was a demo....and involved as much as possible to showcase what was involved in the game. Little things changed....thats not a big deal.

The only thing that concerncs me in that whole thing was the confrontation between the guardian and the brother of the queen. Other than that....it was glorified and/or simple changes to make it more streamlined. Not as in for as many as possible, but as for things like ships dropping buddies off like it did in the video....I mean come on.....really?

I just don't see that happening in the real game. It was all for a stage show....they were just showing you the basics and glorifying the game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 jg4xchamp

@bldgirsh said:

@jg4xchamp: Honestly we will probably never know. Since if he was an actual destiny employee he would do his best to be anonymous to protect his career. And how deej has been misleading the game and simply avoiding to respond to any concerns, you really can't trust his word either without more substenance.

I mean you can't trust a glorified one hit wonder studio to begin with, who has constantly over promised and under delivered for the better part of 13 years. I mean we are talking about the same studio that created the flood, shitty levels like The Library and Cortana, Armor Lock, ODLC, etc.

I just think maybe it's not development hell, because some of that stuff is a little too days of our lives. Because I mean lets be real here Bungie has never been good at story telling and they might be worse in terms of level design. So it's not that surprising that they made a game where the story telling is basically non-existent and that the level design is repetitive as **** with the same bland encounters over and over again.

Some of that stuff could make sense, it would explain some of the bare bones nature of the game. But, at the end of the day who cares about the excuses? If you were too stupid to realize that some of your decisions don't add up to a good game, given how empirically bad they are, then maybe it's not drama, maybe you're just not that good. And I think that's the lesson here with Destiny, Bungie isn't that good of a studio.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By BldgIrsh

@jg4xchamp: Which is actually a more realistic view of the dev team. It's been thrown around as a theory of why the game has fumbled badly. But, usually gets quickly shut down by the defenders of bungie. They will blame activision but as you stated and I do recall, bungie simply stated that activision has no control over their development process.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Mr_Huggles_dog

The more I think about this guy's assessment the more I think it's stupid.

He says 90% of the weapons used in PVP are fusion rifles and shotguns....5% are auto rifles so therefore a handcannon is useless and was probably suppose to be a secondary weapon?????

Are you fucking kidding me? That makes no sense. An AR is a primary weapon and if the guns being used in PVP are secondary weapons than it doesn't matter if a hand cannon or a AR is your primary weapon.

It doesn't make sense. It grasping at straws.

Again....the only thing that has any remote sense is the banter that devs might have thought didn't fit the mood of the game and the confrontation of the guardian and the brother of the queen.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 jg4xchamp

@bldgirsh said:

@jg4xchamp: Which is actually a more realistic view of the dev team. It's been thrown around as a theory of why the game has fumbled badly. But, usually gets quickly shut down by the defenders of bungie. They will blame activision but as you stated and I do recall, bungie simply stated that activision has no control over their development process.

Yep, plus I'm of the opinion that if you get all the credit when things go right, which if this game was terrific, lord knows no one would shut the **** up about BUNGIE THE MAGNIFICENT, BUNGIE THE GOAT, BUNGIE BELONGS WITH THE BEST, or what have you. Then you must accept all of the blame when things don't go well. Bungie must now carry the blame.

"bu the publisher" brb Bungie said they had all the freedom, and Activision was told to get out of their way just pay the bills, in their own Vidoc.

"bu bu cross gen" if you're too fucking stupid to choose the right things to sacrifice, it's still your fault; not the limitations.

"bu bu their pedigree" what about their pedigree? Marathon and Myth were only relevant on the Mac, the FPS and RTS scene was shaped on PC, and in comparison to the heavy hitters from that era Bungies work was outclassed. Halo? Fun shooter, but let's call a spade a spade here. Everything it did, was done before Halo, and its influence is tied to just consoles and basically pussifying the PC shooters in the long run as more PC devs started making console centric shooters.

Don't get me wrong, Bungie is clearly a good studio, as Halo's multiplayer was plenty terrific at times, and I had tons of great memories with Halo's mp. But this absurd pedestal some people wanted to put them on is laughable now, they made the same game for a better part of 13 years, and then their "next big thing" was the next big piece of shit. They got exposed with their recent game for what they are, good never great developer that is just as capable of making a turd as any other mediocre studio on the market.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 BldgIrsh

@jg4xchamp: All the hype that was circulating around them even years before destiny was announced (check project tiger posted by bungie)clearly made people believe they were godly developers. Which I actually do see you view on if the game was succesful via review scores and user praise they would grasp it and further their status of developers. But since the game is receiving so much negativity, the devs are simply ignoring anything ever happened and simply are just following the motion to do as little as possible for fan service and game content to bluntly, skip the game and produce their next project ASAP.

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 timster20
Member since 2014 • 399 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

TF2,and it's free.

If we divide the content by the initial price(no you're not buying used or reselling it back)

TF2

You lost Cranler

Notice how I didn't mention price in the post you replied to.

Initial price? TF 2 initial price was $20 if I'm not mistaken.

Where do you get the 6 modes number from? If your counting online mp as one mode then that would mean TF 2 has one mode by your definition.

Cod Ghosts has 21 modes: 17 mp modes, offline bot mp, squad mode, extinction and campaign.

So with your incredibly skewed outlook, Age of Conan is more fun than Witcher 2.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MonsieurX

@timster20 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

TF2,and it's free.

TF2

You lost Cranler

Where do you get the 6 modes number from? If your counting online mp as one mode then that would mean TF 2 has one mode by your definition.

Cod Ghosts has 21 modes: 17 mp modes, offline bot mp, squad mode, extinction and campaign.

So with your incredibly skewed outlook, Age of Conan is more fun than Witcher 2.

Unlimited fun > CoD rehash

Voila,now go cry about it in corner,Cranler.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

That really is Cranler, isn't it.

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By timster20

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

Unlimited fun? CoD 4 and TF 2 released around the same time and which game won all the goty awards? Which game was revolutionary? Which franchise is much better now than it was in 2007? CoD is the answer to all those questions.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 MonsieurX

@timster20 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

Unlimited fun? CoD 4 and TF 2 released around the same time and which game won all the goty awards? Which game was revolutionary? Which franchise is much better now than it was in 2007? CoD is the answer to all those questions.

Which of these two games is currently dead?

CoD4

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

CoD4

cod4s not dead pal

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@jg4xchamp: gamespot got an article about it front page, its real

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-bug-reveals-unreleased-content-update/1100-6422614/

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 timster20

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

CoD4

14,000 people playing right now. http://www.game-monitor.com/

Me though? I'd rather play the newer ones because the loadout and killstreak customization is so much deeper now.

Advanced Warfare is the only game I will buy at launch this year and I would much rather spend $60 on it than play TF 2 for free. Then again it's not really free since i got it in the Orange Box years ago. In fact it would be interesting to get a percentage of how many current TF 2 players payed for TF 2.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 BldgIrsh

@notorious1234na said:

@jg4xchamp: gamespot got an article about it front page, its real

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-bug-reveals-unreleased-content-update/1100-6422614/

That's been a while heh. The more interesting thing is that forbes is actually covering the discovering of the fans on how their was a different story.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/29/destinys-lost-story-reveals-a-very-different-game-prior-to-launch/

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 BldgIrsh

@timster20 said:

Me though? I'd rather play the newer ones because the loadout and killstreak customization is so much deeper now.

Advanced Warfare is the only game I will buy at launch this year and I would much rather spend $60 on it than play TF 2 for free. Then again it's not really free since i got it in the Orange Box years ago. In fact it would be interesting to get a percentage of how many current TF 2 players payed for TF 2.

Rough estimate. There's bound to be more since you'd have to log in after it became F2P to claim the hat/update your backpack. And those who have profiles hidden aren't going to show in the count.

http://stats.tf/item/471/The_Proof_of_Purchase

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By MonsieurX

@timster20 said:

Alive and well,uh?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#189  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

@MonsieurX: Most people playing CoD 4 on PC aren't using the steam client, just check the game-monitor link or something like Xfire.

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By timster20

@MonsieurX said:

@timster20 said:

Alive and well,uh?

Really? I just linked a page showing 14,000 people playing.

Most people bought CoD 4 on dvd. CoD 4 doesn't require steam. MW 2 was the first CoD that required steam.

14,000 people playing CoD 4 right now. Here is a current U.S. server list

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By timster20

@nutcrackr said:

@MonsieurX: Most people playing CoD 4 on PC aren't using the steam client, just check the game-monitor link or something like Xfire.

Game monitor was linked in the post he was replying to.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 BldgIrsh

New area was discovered. How much locked content is on the disc?