User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Jankarcop said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@bldgirsh said:

Is this what PC gamers are missing out from big budgeted AAA console exclusives, bending over to the devs?

Fucking one mega/uber/totally overhyped game and now every AAA big budget console exclusive is your ammo.

• Killzone Shadowfall
  • Knack
  • Ryse
  • Destiny
  • Madden
  • DeadRising 3

It's actually becoming a big deal, everyone talks about how all these next gen aaa console games are flopping.

The fact that you think those games had the same hype

Not talking hyped. I'm talking quality. They were all panned for being crappy games.

And so are countless PC games every week, what's your point? Those aren't indicative of console gaming as a whole, just this year, consoles received Dark Souls, Titanfall, Shadow of Mordor, Mario Kart 8, and Wolfenstein: The New Order, all of those were pretty damn good games. Just because they've had one off year (because of a generational transition) doesn't mean anything.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

After playing the Destiny "story" I understood why Joseph Staten left.

So if you could rate it on a scale of 10 what would it be (the story alone)?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

Is anyone surprised? Gaming community will get hard ons and reward this behavior.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Whats odd here is that Activision is known for being the content king.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Motokid6 said:

@charizard1605: Idk only time will tell, but if this DLC shit continues consoles are going to turn into big scams in a box. And sadly ... That's the current path there on.

I agree, but yes, sometimes we have bad instances of DLC (such as this) but we also have some great instances of DLC. On consoles, companies like Rockstar, Bethesda, and Nintendo have done some exceptional DLC, delivering great content at some extremely cheap prices. So yes, while companies like Activision and EA may be trying to reduce console gaming to sustained DLC scams, there are those who are also trying to use DLC as it was originally intended to be used- post game support adding more value to a completed game. As consumers, it is on us to support those who do it right, and to vote with our wallets against those who do not.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts
@Jankarcop said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Jankarcop said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@bldgirsh said:

Is this what PC gamers are missing out from big budgeted AAA console exclusives, bending over to the devs?

Fucking one mega/uber/totally overhyped game and now every AAA big budget console exclusive is your ammo.

• Killzone Shadowfall
  • Knack
  • Ryse
  • Destiny
  • Madden
  • DeadRising 3

It's actually becoming a big deal, everyone talks about how all these next gen aaa console games are flopping.

The fact that you think those games had the same hype

Not talking hyped. I'm talking quality. They were all panned for being crappy games.

The WHOLE point I was making was that Destiny was way too hyped for it's own good.

Then you mention games that had not nearly the amount of hype.

Good job completely missing the mark.

Besides....those games being crap is opinion....I and many other ppl enjoyed them.

Edit: well aside from Knack and Madden. Knack is just too kiddy and Madden is....well....Madden. God I can't wait until the NFL/EA contract is up.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Motokid6: It definitely has good stuff, even though its the weakest Halo soundtrack imo its still better than most games. Personally I like Halo 3's the best

Loading Video...

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

1 or 2 (out of 10)

No reasons were given for why you were doing what you were doing. Nothing was expanded upon. You were never told who you were fighting or why you were fighting them or how they had gotten to where they were (why the Fallen are on Earth, Moon, Venus - why the Hive are on Earth, Moon and Venus - why the Cabal are on Mars - why the Vex are on Mars and Venus). Very little was explained about the Traveller. Nothing was told about the Tower or it's notable occupants. How did the Guardians come to be? How did the Ghosts come to be? Fallen Houses? Black Garden?

I liken Destiny's story to Crackdown 2 - which is the most severe comment I can make about a game's story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@mems_1224: Yo, Halo 3's piano riff and overture still gives me the chills to this day.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mems_1224

@charizard1605 said:

@mems_1224: Yo, Halo 3's piano riff and overture still gives me the chills to this day.

Word. It always makes me nostalgic for the Halo 3 announcement trailer. I lost my fucking mind when I first saw it

Loading Video...

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@bldgirsh said:

And Destiny E3 2013 Sony Press Conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtcO4ptp2j8

Destiny is still a lot like that

It does but minus the airship dropping you cutscene, that cool scene where your friend's airship would drop them up right next to you, pulling out Ghost yourself when you need to light up the room, handgun being a secondary instead of being primary and that cutscene at the end.

What a game it could have been, they should have at least left that feature to see my friends airships coming into the field and dropping them to the map that would have been very cool to see.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mr_Huggles_dog

@silversix_ said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Just for more input....I'd give it a 3 or 4. I would give it a 2 but the set up for more story is there...so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

The stuff they can do with the lore they created is really a lot....they just didn't show shit of it in the first game.

Again...story is very important to me....but the gameplay keeps me coming back.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 silversix_

@R3FURBISHED said:

@silversix_ said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

1 or 2 (out of 10)

No reasons were given for why you were doing what you were doing. Nothing was expanded upon. You were never told who you were fighting or why you were fighting them or how they had gotten to where they were (why the Fallen are on Earth, Moon, Venus - why the Hive are on Earth, Moon and Venus - why the Cabal are on Mars - why the Vex are on Mars and Venus). Very little was explained about the Traveller. Nothing was told about the Tower or it's notable occupants. How did the Guardians come to be? How did the Ghosts come to be? Fallen Houses? Black Garden?

I liken Destiny's story to Crackdown 2 - which is the most severe comment I can make about a game's story.

same, 2/10 tops. Seriously, the only thing i remember is "i don't have time to explain what i don't have time to explain" quote which made me laugh out loud and the Speaker with his "i could tell you that, that and that but I WON'T" rofl. Like wtf happened to that exo chick and who the hell is she? She just gives your a lev16 weapon at the end and vanishes. WHAT THE F*CK?????????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@mems_1224 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Word. It always makes me nostalgic for the Halo 3 announcement trailer. I lost my fucking mind when I first saw it

Loading Video...

Man, what a fucking amazing trailer. What a fucking amazing game. It's sad what happened to Halo after this, but until this point, Halo was at its peak. Dude, I so hope they bring the series back on track with Halo 5. Also, while we're at it, why not hire Marty O'Donnell, 343i (especially since Bungie fired him). Have him do the soundtrack for Halo 5, bring back the classic theme.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Motokid6 said:

@charizard1605: Well said. But unfortunately... All that was in the past. Like you said... A time where companies developed their dlc POST release and charging you for it. Which is fine, but this current practice here ( I think it started with Mass Effect correct me if I'm wrong ) is just an awful thing. Only time.. and smart consumers.. Will tell.

No, see, the companies I named as doing good DLC? They are doing good DLC now. Nintendo is releasing, for example, a Mario Kart 8 DLC pack with 16 new tracks, six new cars, and eight new characters for just $12. That's basically 50% of the content that was in the game being released for just a fifth of the cost.

Yes, more and more companies are falling for exploitative DLC practices. But as they continue to do that, I will continue to not buy their DLC. If they do proper DLC, like Rockstar, Bethesda, Nintendo, and even Ubisoft, do? Well, I'll be on board.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 silversix_

@charizard1605 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Loading Video...

Man, what a fucking amazing trailer. What a fucking amazing game. It's sad what happened to Halo after this, but until this pointm Halo was at its peak. Dude, I so hope they bring the series back on track with Halo 5. Also, while we're at it, why not hire Marty O'Donnell, 343i (especially since Bungie fired him). Have him do the soundtrack for Halo 5, bring back the classic theme.

when this trailer was released i remember re watching it like 15 times in a row lol was soooooooooooo hyped for the game it never happens these days anymore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Motokid6 said:

@mems_1224: Lol.. I don't think there's a bad Halo soundtrack.

Oh.. Maybe 4. Halo 4's ost was meh. It wasn't O'Donnel, so...

Go figure the best thing Destiny is praised for is it's soundtrack. Again.. O'Donnel. And then he was fired.

Which brings up a concern.. Will future content ( once they released all the content that was completed before release ) not have Marty's music?

Halo 4's OST was awful. One of the reasons I didn't like the game as much is because it was missing the kind of music that gave Halo so much atmosphere and tension.

No future Destiny content will have Marty's music, unless they re-hire him (or at least source the music out to him on a contractual basis).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@silversix_ said:

@charizard1605 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Loading Video...

Man, what a fucking amazing trailer. What a fucking amazing game. It's sad what happened to Halo after this, but until this pointm Halo was at its peak. Dude, I so hope they bring the series back on track with Halo 5. Also, while we're at it, why not hire Marty O'Donnell, 343i (especially since Bungie fired him). Have him do the soundtrack for Halo 5, bring back the classic theme.

when this trailer was released i remember re watching it like 15 times in a row lol was soooooooooooo hyped for the game it never happens these days anymore

Yeah dude, it was a hell of a trailer. Truthfully, the final game disappointed me a bit compared to the insane hype around it, but of course that was gonna happen, lol. The hype was out of control (although I still think Bungie could have done a better job on the campaign).

Still, though, Halo 1-3, and Reach? I'd take them over most other console shooters, including most other Halo games, any day.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 R3FURBISHED

@silversix_ said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@silversix_ said:

1 or 2 (out of 10)

same, 2/10 tops. Seriously, the only thing i remember is "i don't have time to explain what i don't have time to explain" quote which made me laugh out loud and the Speaker with his "i could tell you that, that and that but I WON'T" rofl. Like wtf happened to that exo chick and who the hell is she? She just gives your a lev16 weapon at the end and vanishes. WHAT THE F*CK?????????

There isn't much in the way of story for Destiny. You kinda just do things because you're ghost says so.

When selecting missions do you understand why you are doing so? Who you will be fighting? No. You go in completely blind and without any guidance whatsoever.

Bungie sucked me in with the Halo lore. The fiction was everywhere and you knew exactly what you needed to do and why you were doing it -- Destiny is the exact opposite.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 R3FURBISHED

@finalstar2007 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@bldgirsh said:

And Destiny E3 2013 Sony Press Conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtcO4ptp2j8

Destiny is still a lot like that

It does but minus the airship dropping you cutscene, that cool scene where your friend's airship would drop them up right next to you, pulling out Ghost yourself when you need to light up the room, handgun being a secondary instead of being primary and that cutscene at the end.

What a game it could have been, they should have at least left that feature to see my friends airships coming into the field and dropping them to the map that would have been very cool to see.

Every game adds and removes things while in development. Developers always stress "work in progress" when games are shown off that are a work in progress.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Jankarcop said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@bldgirsh said:

• Killzone Shadowfall
  • Knack
  • Ryse
  • Destiny
  • Madden
  • DeadRising 3

The fact that you think those games had the same hype as Destiny is testament to how PC gamers on this board and in general will use any and everything to their credit.

If you're a console gamer....then, maybe you need to go back and take a look at how much there was for Destiny.

Destiny is a beast all it's own. The only reason those others were hyped was b/c of new console goodness and new gen graphics.

Simple as that.

Aren´t most of those AAA "big budgeted" console exclusives though?
Even though Ryse and Dead Rising are on the PC as well,they were originally marketed as such.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Mr_Huggles_dog

@MrYaotubo said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Jankarcop said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@bldgirsh said:

• Killzone Shadowfall
  • Knack
  • Ryse
  • Destiny
  • Madden
  • DeadRising 3

The fact that you think those games had the same hype as Destiny is testament to how PC gamers on this board and in general will use any and everything to their credit.

If you're a console gamer....then, maybe you need to go back and take a look at how much there was for Destiny.

Destiny is a beast all it's own. The only reason those others were hyped was b/c of new console goodness and new gen graphics.

Simple as that.

Even though Ryse and Dead Rising are on the PC as well,they were originally marketed as such.

Again....he took the convsersation into a whole different argument.

Yes they are all console games or were marketed as such....but thats not even close to what the original argument was....dunno why he decided to change the subject.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Jankarcop said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@bldgirsh said:

• Killzone Shadowfall
  • Knack
  • Ryse
  • Destiny
  • Madden
  • DeadRising 3

Simple as that.

Yes they are all console games or were marketed as such....but thats not even close to what the original argument was....dunno why he decided to change the subject.

Stop trying to worm your way of this this. He's got you on this.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mems_1224

@charizard1605 said:

@Motokid6 said:

@mems_1224: Lol.. I don't think there's a bad Halo soundtrack.

Oh.. Maybe 4. Halo 4's ost was meh. It wasn't O'Donnel, so...

Go figure the best thing Destiny is praised for is it's soundtrack. Again.. O'Donnel. And then he was fired.

Which brings up a concern.. Will future content ( once they released all the content that was completed before release ) not have Marty's music?

Halo 4's OST was awful. One of the reasons I didn't like the game as much is because it was missing the kind of music that gave Halo so much atmosphere and tension.

No future Destiny content will have Marty's music, unless they re-hire him (or at least source the music out to him on a contractual basis).

Idk, Halo 4 had its moments. It wasn't Marty but I liked some songs.

Loading Video...

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Simple as that.

Stop trying to worm your way of this this. He's got you on this.

STFU and stop trolling.

Go troll someone else....thats all you're good for on these forums. You along with several others have nothing to contribute to anything.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

STFU and stop trolling.

Shutup Cranler.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#81 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
@bldgirsh said:

Yup.

Expansion Pass is 35$. (Good for the two planned expansions.)

The first expansion is $20.

Edit:

Fixed links and also in the fine print it states that certain DLC may not be included in the expansion pass.

And the funniest part based on what I am seeing is that all you get for your $20 is 2 strikes, 1 raid, and gear upgrades. That is it. No new planets, no new areas of old planets. So you are basically paying $100 for (IMO) $20 worth of content. I'm glad I spent $5 and rented it for 3 days, where I hit the level cap and realized there was nothing left but an MMO-style grind with about 5% of the typically amount of content an MMO has. Pass.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Bungie went full activision, never go full activision.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Three things Destiny is the last of.

It's the last time I preorder a digital copy of a console game. I would give ANYTHING to take this back to the store and just get a copy of Diablo III or something and forget this mess, but I can't.

It's the last time I preorder a full version of a game with all its DLC. Frankly, I just don't care if they add a boat load of content with the expansions at this point. I just want out.

It will also likely be the last Bungie game I buy. I was really expecting them to act fast with the complaints about the game but they'd rather shut down a loot cave than introduce a new planet or even some of the areas they said would be in the game in the first place.

I can't undo the experience I've had with this game. I am stuck with future DLC to a game that completely turns me off. I have no one to blame but myself for being hyped to the moon (literally) with the open beta but this game really was supposed to be so much more. The utterly cocked up plot is NOTHING but a vehicle to introduce content later. Destiny is everything I hate about gaming. An anemic skeletal frame that has no meat on its bones without additional expansions.

**** BUNGIE. I have played F2P games that would be far more worthy of spending 60 on nevermind 80 or whatever for the Digital I'm a Dipshit Edition that I bought.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

I think one can gauge how insane someone is based on how many words they randomly capitalize, or inappropriately begin with a capital letter.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@mikhail said:

I think one can gauge how insane someone is based on how many words they randomly capitalize, or inappropriately begin with a capital letter.

We can't all have the personality of Commander Data, unfortunately.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 silversix_

@SerOlmy said:
@bldgirsh said:

Yup.

Expansion Pass is 35$. (Good for the two planned expansions.)

The first expansion is $20.

Edit:

Fixed links and also in the fine print it states that certain DLC may not be included in the expansion pass.

with about 5% of the typically amount of content an MMO has.

That is very generous, i'd say its in the 3% range lol

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

I dunno why so much time is spent talking about Halo 2. Bungie has been quite candid about their mistakes with that game.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@lostrib said:

I saw somewhere recently that the exclusive ship that people got for preordering just looked like the regular ship you can get but with a different name

Yes, let me find the link real quick.

Edit:

"Exclusive"

L O FUCKING L

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Nengo_Flow: oh my god....what in the actual ****? Please tell me that is just a bug.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

I must be the only one that enjoyed Halo 2's campaign.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@mikhail said:

@Nengo_Flow: oh my god....what in the actual ****? Please tell me that is just a bug.

not its not a bug, its actually cancer... the video games industries' cancer.. Activision.

(tho to be honest... we cant blame all of this Destiny bullshit on Activision, Bungie certainly has atleast 50% of the blame)

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#92 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Destiny continues to be the biggest disappointment of 2014 for me. Despite having such great art design and gameplay, I just can't believe Bungie let all this crap happen. The lack of content is inexcusable and the story lacking a single character to give a damn about also thoroughly sucked

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#93 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@mikhail: @mikhail: Nope, not a bug.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#94  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@Shewgenja:

Yup, my wake up call was AC:M. I will not pre-order a new IP without a good number of pre-release reviews (even then I will only do it the day before for the bonuses). Too many over-hyped cash grabs in the last couple of years. You cannot trust one word coming out of anyone associated with one of the mega-publishers. Day one sales are all important, get as many people as you can on the hook before they know how bad the product is and f*** any plans for long term sales.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#95  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

So Bungie took notes from Capcom I see.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I didn't buy the season pass and won't buy any DLC. That's not to say I don't enjoy the game, because I do. I just don't think I want to invest money into something that should be free. Btw, pretty much every weapon, ship, etc is just reskinned and named something else but they are all the same thing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44069 Posts

Wow, this just keeps getting worse all the time. If I do buy the game it will need to be some sort of GOTY edition with the DLC included but I won't be holding my breath for that to happen.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

So Halo 2 was shit too? That was actually common knowledge back when it released.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#99  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@dalger21 said:

I didn't buy the season pass and won't buy any DLC. That's not to say I don't enjoy the game, because I do. I just don't think I want to invest money into something that should be free. Btw, pretty much every weapon, ship, etc is just reskinned and named something else but they are all the same thing.

The reskin was a nice topic Angry Joe brought up during his review. I've been enjoying the game for a while and didn't even truly notice how much they reskinned everything until it was brought up.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

DESTINY is corporate soul less gaming at its worst.

People have nerve to give Nintendo a hard time. Honestly.