Dark Souls will blow Skyrim, Witcher 2 to the oblivion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]Demons souls is extremely overrated and mediocre. Witcher 2 is made by a competent developer, it will be much better :PThe_RedLion
Lol you said the same thing I said but changed DS with Witcher that's so funny lol

Yep and it has the exact same weight to the statement as yours as well.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"]The Witcher is extremely overrated and mediocre. Dark Souls is made by a competent developer, it will be much better. Don't know about SKyrim tbhferret-gamer
Demons souls is extremely overrated and mediocre. Witcher 2 is made by a competent developer, it will be much better :P

all this pointless arguing. clearly paper mario 3ds will beat everything anyways :P

The_RedLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 The_RedLion
Member since 2009 • 1942 Posts
[QUOTE="The_RedLion"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]Demons souls is extremely overrated and mediocre. Witcher 2 is made by a competent developer, it will be much better :Pferret-gamer
Lol you said the same thing I said but changed DS with Witcher that's so funny lol

Yep and it has the exact same weight to the statement as yours as well.

Very cool :)
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"]The Witcher is extremely overrated and mediocre. Dark Souls is made by a competent developer, it will be much better. Don't know about SKyrim tbhThe_RedLion

How is it mediocre? One of the few WRPGs to not fall into the current trend of a dumb down RPG. (also wasn't black or white when it came to the choices)

Terrible combat, mediocre animations, bad writting, pointless stat leveling up and ugly graphics

BAd translation maybe (which is now great thaks to the DE patch that came a year or two ago), but far from bad writing. I wouldn't call the combat terible but it was a tad bit simple. As for the animations most of the WRPGs to come out this gen contain poor animation. Graphics wasn't that bad considering the game was built on the very old Bioware Aurora engine. I guess this nothing more of a simple case of "Haters gonna hate" :lol:

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

I agree with TC, Dark Souls will probably win GotY (again). That said, the Witcher 2 looks awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on both...

The_RedLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 The_RedLion
[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] How is it mediocre? One of the few WRPGs to not fall into the current trend of a dumb down RPG. (also wasn't black or white when it came to the choices)

Terrible combat, mediocre animations, bad writting, pointless stat leveling up and ugly graphics

BAd translation maybe (which is now great thaks to the DE patch that came a year or two ago), but far from bad writing. I wouldn't call the combat terible but it was a tad bit simple. As for the animations most of the WRPGs to come out this gen contain poor animation. Graphics wasn't that bad considering the game was built on the very old Bioware Aurora engine. I guess this nothing more of a simple case of "Haters gonna hate" :lol:

I don't think it's cool that you ask a person about his opinion just to laugh at it when he answers because you disagree
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"] Terrible combat, mediocre animations, bad writting, pointless stat leveling up and ugly graphicsThe_RedLion

I don't think it's cool that you ask a person about his opinion just to laugh at it when he answers because you disagree

That was mean and uncalled for I apologize, Red. You it's system wars and all you gotta dick just to be a dick sometimes.

The_RedLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 The_RedLion
[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] BAd translation maybe (which is now great thaks to the DE patch that came a year or two ago), but far from bad writing. I wouldn't call the combat terible but it was a tad bit simple. As for the animations most of the WRPGs to come out this gen contain poor animation. Graphics wasn't that bad considering the game was built on the very old Bioware Aurora engine. I guess this nothing more of a simple case of "Haters gonna hate" :lol:

That was mean I apologize, Red.

It's alright :)
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

The true RPG that will rule 2011 is

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Come at me bros :]

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
I'll probably like it more than The Witcher 2 & any Oblivion game so yeah I agree for now.
Kori-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Kori-san
Member since 2010 • 604 Posts

I'm very excited for Skyrim as Oblivion was my introduction into the Elder Scrolls franchise. I would argue it coming out on top of SOul'z 2 however I haven't had the chance to read up on the changes and the Demon SOuls definitely had it's flaws. My stance is hoping both come out polished gem's as both demand a day 1 purchase in my opinion.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

Dark Souls will blow Skyrim to the Oblivion. Witcher 2? Nah. Demons Souls was good, but I didnt seem to like it as much as the press did, still a very good game however. Hope they keep the subtle storytelling in Dark Souls, that was one thing I loved about Demons Souls.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#63 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The Witcher > Demon Souls

The Witcher 2 > Dark Souls

8)

EliteKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 EliteKitteh
Member since 2008 • 805 Posts

Now TC, those other games clearly won't be as good as Dark Souls, but isn't it a bit harsh to say they'll blow as hard as Oblivion? ;)

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Going by System Wars:
Witcher > Demon's Souls > Oblivion
Going by Metacritic:
Oblivion > Demon's Souls > Witcher

It seems the rumours are true. SW is backwards.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#67 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Eh. I'm excited for Dark Souls, but Elder Scrolls is still more my style, even the dumbed down version. The exploration and side-quests are my favorite part of ES.

That said...goddamn, just how much vastly better is Dark Soul's art direction? Some of it even looks like Morrowind (though from what I've seen it's even better than MW).

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

8)

KiZZo1

Huh?

and oblivion has a 94. Scores really dont matter in these discussions.

Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Creator_Of_All
Member since 2011 • 483 Posts

I agree that Dark Souls gameplay will destroy bith Witcher 2 and Skyrim

but Skyrim has the open spaces and dragons and is a very popular game, so will survive

Witcher 2 is the bigest looser here, since Dark Souls will be infinitly better probably, though it may have a stronger story

Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

Witcher 2 is the bigest looser here, since Dark Souls will be infinitly better probably, though it may have a stronger story

Creator_Of_All

??

There is stating your opinion, and then there is just plain wrong.

Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Creator_Of_All

[QUOTE="Creator_Of_All"]

Tresca_

??

Demons Souls has the best combat in a RPG yet, i doubt the akward Withcer 1-2 combat will come even close

Maybe Withcer 2 is a deeper game, maybe, but in fun factor will be far behind

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

lol at all the hermits saying no, they won't even be able to play Dark Souls. I agree it will be better than The Witcher, but not by much.

Grawse
Lol what? Hells no...
Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Creator_Of_All

[QUOTE="Grawse"]

lol at all the hermits saying no, they won't even be able to play Dark Souls. I agree it will be better than The Witcher, but not by much.

dommeus

Lol what? Hells no...

Well, you have to play Demons Souls first to know how much better it is, frankly the combat in Withcer seemed like a joke comparing

Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Tresca_

[QUOTE="Tresca_"]

[QUOTE="Creator_Of_All"]

Creator_Of_All

??

Demons Souls has the best combat in a RPG yet, i doubt the akward Withcer 1-2 combat will come even close

Read that:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9398/pcgfeb11w2c.jpg

The fun factor will be there.

Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Firebird-5
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts

skyrim will have mods and so will tw2 most likely so that blows dark souls out of the water right off the bat

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Maroxad

Creator_Of_All

I disagree, Mount and Blade has a better combat system than Demon's Souls, then for non ARPGs there is Neverwinter Nights 2. Witcher 2 will probably be a deeper game than Dark Souls and it will have a high fun factor. The story alone may make the game worth playing through.

Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Creator_Of_All

I disagree, Mount and Blade has a better combat system than Demon's Souls, then for non ARPGs there is Neverwinter Nights 2. Witcher 2 will probably be a deeper game than Dark Souls and it will have a high fun factor. The story alone may make the game worth playing through.

Maroxad

Mouse based "combat" is a joke comparing to real combat with direct controls, that is all, there is no way a mouse controlled combat mode be better than the imersive direct control one

Read that:

Tresca_

Will you hav direct hero control this time for all actions ? Meaning not using mouseat all ?

This was the huge difference between Withcer and Demons Souls, you dont point to get actions done in DS, while you do in Witcher which makes it really bad or terrible even

So, are the mouse controls over ? Because if they are not, Withcer 2 combat just wont be fun at all, no matter the depth level

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Creator_Of_All

Mouse based "combat" is a joke comparing to real combat with direct controls, that is all, there is no way a mouse controlled combat mode be better than the imersive direct control one

Read that:

Tresca_

Will you hav direct hero control this time for all actions ? Meaning not using mouseat all ?

This was the huge difference between Withcer and Demons Souls, you dont point to get actions done in DS, while you do in Witcher which makes it really bad or terrible even

So, are the mouse controls over ? Because if they are not, Withcer 2 combat just wont be fun at all, no matter the depth level

In Mount & Blade you have direct control over your character more than any other game.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

nah

Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Creator_Of_All

[QUOTE="Creator_Of_All"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="Tresca_"]

Read that:

RyuRanVII

In Mount & Blade you have direct control over your character more than any other game.

I just find hard to believe a game like Mount and Blade would have better combat than Demons Souls. Any combat videos ?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I don't know why we're talking about Mount & Blade, but yes, it has much better combat than Demons Souls.
Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Creator_Of_All

I don't know why we're talking about Mount & Blade, but yes, it has much better combat than Demons Souls.KHAndAnime

Just watched videos, it is like a 3 year old would implement Demon Souls combat really, it is nothing like DS, not even close really

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]I don't know why we're talking about Mount & Blade, but yes, it has much better combat than Demons Souls.Creator_Of_All

Just watched videos, it is like a 3 year old would implement Demon Souls combat really, it is nothing like DS, not even close really

You're right, Mount and Blade's combat isn't anything like Demons Souls, but it's better. Demons Souls has relatively basic combat.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

[QUOTE="RyuRanVII"]

[QUOTE="Creator_Of_All"]

Creator_Of_All

I just find hard to believe agame like Nounmt and Blade would have better combat than Demons Souls. Any combat videos ?

Mount and Blade: Warband You have complete and direct control over your actions.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Maroxad

I just find hard to believe a game like Mount and Blade would have better combat than Demons Souls. Any combat videos ?

Creator_Of_All

There are plenty of them on Youtube.

Back on topic, Witcher 2's combat looks improved from Witcher 1, still, you seem to have more control than what you did in Witcher 1. Like in this boss.

Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Creator_Of_All

[QUOTE="Creator_Of_All"]

[QUOTE="RyuRanVII"] In Mount & Blade you have direct control over your character more than any other game.

RyuRanVII

I just find hard to believe agame like Nounmt and Blade would have better combat than Demons Souls. Any combat videos ?

Mount and Blade: Warband You have complete and direct control over your actions.

That does not in any way mean it is better combat than Demon Souls though, the implementation seems far behindand very basic

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#87 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Im sure Skyrim will be my favourite game this gen but Dark Souls and the Witcher also look amazing.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

it'll beat skyrim, but that isn't accomplishing much :P

And no It won't be better than the witcher 2.

I reeeally wanted to like demons souls, but I just couldn't get into it. It was a great game for people who like that sort of game though.

theuncharted34
um, what? a new elder scrolls game is a much bigger release than a sequel to a flawed game ( the witcher ). you may not like it, but TONS of people do.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

The Witcher 2, it's possible. Doubt it will kill Skyrim though.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SkyWard20
[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"]The Witcher is extremely overrated and mediocre. Dark Souls is made by a competent developer, it will be much better. Don't know about SKyrim tbhThe_RedLion

How is it mediocre? One of the few WRPGs to not fall into the current trend of a dumb down RPG. (also wasn't black or white when it came to the choices)

this is the truth.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

8)

KiZZo1

Huh?

to be fair, that's the simple edition. the enhanced edition has 89 too, I think.

Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Tresca_

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] How is it mediocre? One of the few WRPGs to not fall into the current trend of a dumb down RPG. (also wasn't black or white when it came to the choices)

SkyWard20

this is the truth.

Yeah! For their first project you would have expected none of that!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Maroxad

to be fair, that's the simple edition. the enhanced edition has 89 too, I think.

SkyWard20

The enhanced edition has a metascore of 86. Which is not far off from what you said :)

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="Tresca_"]

[QUOTE="Creator_Of_All"]

Creator_Of_All

??

Yes, but there is more to RPGs than combat. The actual roleplaying was close to non existant in Demon's Souls, or using your own voculabulary the roleplaying in DS was a joke. On the other hand Witcher did it better than any game this gen.

So Dark Soul might end up being a better fighting game than Witcher 2, but Witcher will be better RPG.

Thessassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95 Thessassin
Member since 2007 • 1819 Posts

Lol @ ppl saying M&B warband has better combat than Demon's Souls. Look everyone who hasnt played warband go download the demo off steam and see for yourself, M&B warband plays like a dragons anus, not even close to the masterpiece that is Demon's Souls. Yeah as anyone can tell i Love DS and cant wait to get my hands on Dark Souls. For me, order of anticipation is Dark Souls > Skyrim >>>>>>> Witcher 2

Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Creator_Of_All

[QUOTE="Creator_Of_All"]

[QUOTE="Tresca_"]

??

AdrianWerner

Yes, but there is more to RPGs than combat. The actual roleplaying was close to non existant in Demon's Souls, or using your own voculabulary the roleplaying in DS was a joke. On the other hand Witcher did it better than any game this gen.

So Dark Soul might end up being a better fighting game than Witcher 2, but Witcher will be better RPG.

Both will be amazing RPGs, i agree Withcer 2 could be a better RPG, but the overall fun factor will be far worst

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#97 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
I hope it has a better story this time around.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Maroxad

Both will be amazing RPGs, i agree Withcer 2 could be a better RPG, but the overall fun factor will be far worst

Creator_Of_All

Maybe in your opinion, however some of us will think that the fun factor in Witcher 2 will be the highest. Why, because of the roleplaying and the story. As it happens, some of us prefer good roleplaying over good combat in RPGs.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
Skyrim and Witcher 2 will stomp Dark Souls.