Crysis vs. Call of duty 4

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

We pit sci-fi against the War on Terror with Crysis verses Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. In one corner, we have U.S. Special Forces dressed in high-tech nanosuits fighting aliens and North Koreans in the future. In the other, we have multinational soldiers using the most sophisticated weapons available to fight Middle Eastern and Russian terrorist forces. Which will prevail, the future or the present?

Visuals

Although both games feature stunning graphics, Crysis takes things to the extreme with near photo-realistic environments. Although PC gamers need powerful computers to run the game, they enjoy water glistening with sunlight, lush jungle foliage and car windshields covered in dirt and grime.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Winner: Crysis

Physics and Interaction

Both games feature exploding cars and flying bodies, but Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare lets players shoot through weak materials like wood and thin metal. Fences and tin rooftops are generally bulletproof in Crysis, but most objects break apart with enough firepower. Jungle leaves individually sway and break apart when bullets pass through them. Crysis also lets players shoot drivers through the windshield of their cars or blow out their tires so they spin out of control.

Artificial Intelligence

You can expect to have a harder time taking down the computer-controlled enemies in Call of Duty 4 than you would in Crysis.

The enemies in Crysis have keen senses, always listening for suspicious sounds while constantly on the lookout for intruders. Once it detects the player, enemies sound the alarm, call in reinforcements and make every effort to outmaneuver their opponent. However, they occasionally swallow some stupid pills and shoot endlessly at walls. Call of Duty 4 enemies will also call in reinforcements, but the game also features intelligent computer controlled teammates that fight competently without getting in the way. Although Crysis technically has more impressive AI, Modern Warfare has more consistent behavior.

Winner: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Weapons and Gadgets

They say the clothes make the man, and Nomad's nanosuit looks amazing. With the ability to turn on super strength, super speed, increase armor or turn invisible with stealth mode, the high-tech suit is quite desirable. Call of Duty 4 has night vision goggles that don't drain battery life, the latest anti-armor rocket launchers and a chance to man the turrets of a flying gunship, but today's technology can't compete with weapons from the future like alien freeze rays and handheld nuclear warhead launchers.

Story

The alien invasion in Crysis makes for just as gripping a story as the intense battlefields of Call of Duty 4.

Call of Duty 4 takes players around the world from the Middle East to Russia using three different perspectives to chase down an ultranationalist named Imran Zakhaev and his lieutenants before they can launch nuclear missiles. Crysis starts slower, as players take the role of Nomad, a U.S. Special Forces soldier sent to a remote island to investigate strange energy readings but encounters North Korean forces that trigger an alien invasion. Both build up to high-action sequences, but Call of Duty 4 springs them in rapid fire succession while Crysis generally lets players move at their own pace.

Winner: Tie

Single-Player Campaign

Call of Duty also scores big points for its visceral qualities and non-stop action, but only Crysis has gigantic alien boss monsters and zero-gravity environments. Even though Call of Duty's missions branch out to different outcomes depending on what the player accomplishes, each scenario still follows a linear path and enemies always pop out from the same locations and use the same tactics. Crysis also has a linear story that takes place on one island, but the landscape is much larger and more open. The action unfolds at a slower pace in comparison to Modern Warfare, but things happen less predictably. They can choose to assault fortified positions, sneak into bases or steal a boat and bypass them altogether. Lastly, Call of Duty forces players to use an autosave function while Crysis has both automatic and save anywhere features.

Multiplayer

Crysis features a multiplayer mode called Power Struggle, where players compete for control points before blowing up their opponents' base in a giant mushroom cloud. However, the giant maps and complicated objectives can draw out game sessions to an hour or more. Call of Duty 4 features more fast-paced action and lets players score points toward unlocking additional ****s and weaponry. Also, players can die in Crysis without fully understanding what hit them while Call of Duty 4 has a killcam that recounts the last few seconds of the player's life through the eyes of the killer.

Winner: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

And the Winner is ...

After all the smoke clears, it's Crysis that's left standing over Call of Duty 4.

Crysis uses its superior technology to pull ahead of the modern world. Although we loved every exhilarating minute of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's fight against terrorism, Crysis features a more open-ended world that doesn't always force players to dash from one objective to another.

Overall Winner: Crysis

Link from website who wrote this..

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 devious742
:P
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

Call of Duty 4 is nonsense.

I absolutely cannot stand the leveling system and the P2P layout drives me crazy. The gameplay itself is decent or perhaps better than decent, one of the better shooter franchises on a console, but even Insurgency, a beta mod that you can DL for free online for HL2, absolutely smokes it.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

I agree with mostly everything you said. CoD4 has a better story though but Crysis has better AI.... CoD4 everything is scripted... EVERYTHING. It's just a pre-set onslaught of enemies going one way... The only AI they have is their accuracy... Crysis may have glitches but at least it has REAL AI.

hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hip-hop-cola2
Member since 2007 • 2454 Posts

crysis = god

farcry = god, that i can afford to play :P

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 devious742

crysis = god

farcry = god, that i can afford to play :P

hip-hop-cola2
well...crysis on low looks like far cry...give it a try
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Duh Crysis. Spoken by CoD4 fan.
adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts

Winner: Tie???? whos tie;)

i agree 100% with what u said.

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
If you can run it at higher settings, Crysis all day. Open ended gameplay FTW. I'm sure CoD 4 is awesome but I'm really disappointed that they stuck with the super linear, scripted events gameplay. I'm not saying they should have gone sand-box on us, but it would've been great if there was just a tad more freedom to how you could attack the levels.
DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts
Crysis had a much better campaign (but then you should expect that cause CoD 4 is a terrorist bash), but CoD 4's MP is a lot better than Crysis's.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
i found crysis sp better in every aspect tha cod4, i havn't trie mp part of both the games till now
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
COD4 doesnt actually have good AI...its just scripted to such heavy extreams that it gives you the illusion that its actually intelligent....the AI in crysis may make some mistakes, but its completly non-scripted.
wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts
COD4 is REALLY REALLY REALLY awesome and I love it soo much... But Crysis is better.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

CRYSIS.

Easily.

Beat Crysis Sp yesterday, and it was fan freaking tastic. COD4 did have a slightly better story, but presentation for both was top notch.

Singleplayer player wise Crysis creams COD4 - no question.

MP is debateable though. COD4 didnt do much for me - Crysis MP I much rather. I simply love the combat.

froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 froidnite
Member since 2006 • 2294 Posts

I agree with everything except the ai part...Crysis has better AI IMO because of the scripted nature of COD4

But the level in COD4 where youu have to assassinate a russian guy is one of my favourite level in any game.

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

COD4 wins multiplayer,

and really, that is all that matters.

SmyttyGuy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 SmyttyGuy94
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

GR says otherwise folks

crysis v

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931665.asp

cod 4 v

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/939212.asp

jbz7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jbz7890
Member since 2004 • 786 Posts
Cod4 will sell 4 or 5 times as many copies as crysis. CoD4 wins.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

Cod4 will sell 4 or 5 times as many copies as crysis. CoD4 wins.jbz7890

more sales=a better game?

jbz7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jbz7890
Member since 2004 • 786 Posts

[QUOTE="jbz7890"]Cod4 will sell 4 or 5 times as many copies as crysis. CoD4 wins.bignice12

Why do people make games? For money.

CoD4 is still a much better game. The only thing Crysis has on it is graphics (which you need a $1000+ PC to enjoy)

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
[QUOTE="bignice12"]

[QUOTE="jbz7890"]Cod4 will sell 4 or 5 times as many copies as crysis. CoD4 wins.jbz7890

CoD4 is still a much better game. The only thing Crysis has on it is graphics (which you need a $1000+ PC to enjoy)

So the devs earning more money makes it a better game for you?

Crysis has great sandbox game play(I only here that "only graphics" arguement from people that have never played it). You can enjoy Crysis just fine on medium settings you could build a computer around $800 that will run Crysis on medium.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="bignice12"]

[QUOTE="jbz7890"]Cod4 will sell 4 or 5 times as many copies as crysis. CoD4 wins.jbz7890

why would you even care about that?

if that really mattered, the sims would be the best game ever released...

besides, COD4 is on 3 platforms (4 if you count DS) of course its gonna sell a lot more....

and crysis has a lot more on COD4 than just graphics, it has much better, and more open and dynamic gameplay and far far more replay value.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

GR says otherwise folks

crysis v

cod 4 v

SmyttyGuy94

CoD4 PC's average on GR is actually 93%. And that's because of consolite sites like 1up witch love to flop PC games / versions.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#24 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Crysis = singleplayer

COD4 = online

Simple as that

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/site/flash_videos/second_take_call_of_duty_4_vs_crysis.html

Tomshardware saw it the other way and I agree.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

9.5>>>9.0 /thread

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
[QUOTE="bignice12"]

Spoken like a true Xbox 360 fanboy who is jealous he can't play Crysis.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
I have played both, and IMO Crysis is leagues above CoD4. CoD4 is just CoD2 with new guns, that's it, well and about 3 hrs shorter.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts
[QUOTE="SmyttyGuy94"]

GR says otherwise folks

crysis v

cod 4 v

aliblabla2007

CoD4 PC's average on GR is actually 93%. And that's because of consolite sites like 1up witch love to flop PC games / versions.

well... that is actually because GFW Magazine goes by a 5 average scale where a 5.0 is average, 6.0 is AA, 7.0 is low AAA,8.0 is high AAA quality and 9.0 is basically perfect. Their new grading system doesn't give any room for error AT ALL.

Also, SmyttyGuy94 do yourself a favor and read those reviews for Crysis. Several of them specifically said it was one of the best FPS's ever created. They scored it low for High system requirements and an ending that left a bad taste in your mouth.

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

I got CoD4 on the day it was released and so far i have only got up to the level where the nuke goes off. I have to literally force myself to play it.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DragonfireXZ95

Ive had CoD4 since the day it was released and so farI haveonly got up to the level where the nuke goes off. I have to literally force myself to play it.

tramp

I played Crysis before CoD4, and after playing Crysis, I had to do this with CoD4 also. I'm already playing through Crysis a second time, and haven't even fully finished CoD4 yet. Although I will give props to CoD4 for the sniper level, that level was pretty sweet, albeit linear.

Edit: And the AI in CoD4 is almost non-existant. Their AI consists of them knowing where you are the whole time. Their grenade throws are always perfect, their shots are almost always perfect, even if you just come out of no where. They have computer reflexes and it shows.

In one instance, I was hiding behind a wall waiting for some dogs and the enemy to come attack my teammates and then I would have just killed them from behind. But no, this is when I noticed that every enemy coming from around the corner, turned and came straight at me, even though my teammates were sitting out in the open right in front of them and the enemy couldn't see me until they rounded the corner.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts
Bring back Jeff!
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

Well I finally had the chance to play Crysis a couple days ago...For ME its nothing to write home about. Its nice looking but thats about it for me. I just didnt find it any better than COD4 at all....Im a COD fan and even on the 360 it blows Crysis away "to me"..

Maybe one day the PC will come out with a game that really has the pulling power to get me away from a console. But untill then im very happy..

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Well I finally had the chance to play Crysis a couple days ago...For ME its nothing to write home about. Its nice looking but thats about it for me. I just didnt find it any better than COD4 at all....Im a COD fan and even on the 360 it blows Crysis away "to me"..

Maybe one day the PC will come out with a game that really has the pulling power to get me away from a console. But untill then im very happy..

FunkyHeadHunter
COD 4 in HD?
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

skrat_01

COD 4 in HD?

Where's Wok7 when we don't need him?

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Call of Duty 4 wins.. For A.I?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. NO. They're not reinforcements, it's the game constantly respawning enemies until you advance past a certain point.

froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 froidnite
Member since 2006 • 2294 Posts

Call of Duty 4 wins.. For A.I?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. NO. They're not reinforcements, it's the game constantly respawning enemies until you advance past a certain point.

inertk
lol...yeah, when you slide the body count slider to insane and keep on shooting people without advancing, there will be a huge heap of bodies:lol:
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts
LOL, half of everyone who voted for crysis probably can't even play it!
will_work4food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 will_work4food
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
COD4 has good multiplayer and Crysis doesn't
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DragonfireXZ95

LOL, half of everyone who voted for crysis probably can't even play it!Frostbite24

Nice, that was a bad attempt at trolling.

will_work4food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 will_work4food
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts

LOL, half of everyone who voted for crysis probably can't even play it!Frostbite24

Some people can't even get their Crysis DVD to work in their DVD drive

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

skrat_01

COD 4 in HD?

D$%^n...Now if only I played games just for HD....Then you would have something there...lol...HD=over rated and not an issue for me.....Good try though...really...I give ya that....

ND_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ND_
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
After a week all that matter is multiplayer, and COD4 kills Crysis in that area. All you graphic ______ voting for Crysis are shallow.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
I agree with what it says about the Crysis multiplayer. The maps are just too big and the games last too long then most times there is no winner. EA should have let Dice handle the multiplayer...
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

FunkyHeadHunter

COD 4 in HD?

D$%^n...Now if only I played games just for HD....Then you would have something there...lol...HD=over rated and not an issue for me.....Good try though...really...I give ya that....

It was sarcasm. :roll:

Besides, CoD4 is better on PC... :)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DragonfireXZ95

After a week all that matter is multiplayer, and COD4 kills Crysis in that area. All you graphic ______ voting for Crysis are shallow.ND_

Sorry, but you lose. I'm playing through the single player campaign again, I haven't even gotten to multiplayer yet.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts

lets do this the rational way.

on gs, cod4=crysis

on gamerankings, cod4>>>crysis.

therefore, by means of reasoning, cod4>crysis