Crysis vs. Call of duty 4

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

lets do this the rational way.

on gs, cod4=crysis

on gamerankings, cod4>>>crysis.

therefore, by means of reasoning, cod4>crysis

mtradr43

on gs crysis > cod4 !

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

lets do this the rational way.

on gs, cod4=crysis

on gamerankings, cod4>>>crysis.

therefore, by means of reasoning, cod4>crysis

mtradr43

Rational?

The votes say Crysis.

GS says:

Crysis = 9.5

CoD4 = 9.0

Might want to check the scores before you assume what they are, eh?

Gamerankings is null and void.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

GR says otherwise folks

crysis v

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931665.asp

cod 4 v

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/939212.asp

SmyttyGuy94

I own both and I can say that Crysis > CoD 4 overall.

will_work4food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 will_work4food
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
[QUOTE="SmyttyGuy94"]

GR says otherwise folks

crysis v

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931665.asp

cod 4 v

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/939212.asp

Wasdie

I own both and I can say that Crysis > CoD 4 overall.

I own both and COD4 MP is way better than Crysis MP

Kantroce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Kantroce
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts

After a week all that matter is multiplayer, and COD4 kills Crysis in that area. All you graphic ______ voting for Crysis are shallow.ND_

See, now a console person would think that. Except Crysis has one of the most powerful editors ever. That means HUGE replay value on user created maps, mods, and weapons. Have fun playing your static games, and if not enjoy playing 7 dollars for 3 maps. Oh and by the way I own all three consoles and they all have their strengths but FPS is not one.

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"][QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

Well I finally had the chance to play Crysis a couple days ago...For ME its nothing to write home about. Its nice looking but thats about it for me. I just didnt find it any better than COD4 at all....Im a COD fan and even on the 360 it blows Crysis away "to me"..

Maybe one day the PC will come out with a game that really has the pulling power to get me away from a console. But untill then im very happy..

DragonfireXZ95

COD 4 in HD?

D$%^n...Now if only I played games just for HD....Then you would have something there...lol...HD=over rated and not an issue for me.....Good try though...really...I give ya that....

It was sarcasm. :roll:

Besides, CoD4 is better on PC... :)

Sorry took it the wrong way...Never know on these forums...Also...PC vs Console is a matter of opinion...Now be good;)

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

COD4 has good multiplayer and Crysis doesn'twill_work4food
Played Crysis multiplayer?

No?

GTFO.

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts

9.5>>>9.0 /thread

True_Gamer_

Gamerankings

Call of Duty 4 9.4 >>>> 9.0 Crysis

by seeing this video review, i think they only like totally scripted and linear gameplay naval

Call of Duty 4 is linear gameplay? Yet I guess that's why most other reviewers are seeing the other way around. Plus Crysis is barely hanging on to AAA status at gamerankings do to bad AI, lack of deathmatch, hardware requirements, lame story, stupid indoor environments, bad ending, bad design in general. COD 4 is lightyears ahead. Plus the guyon tomshardware is a big hermit and everyone here knows that. Infact I would say the majority there are due to it being a PC hardware website. We all know that Ocampo over reviewed it just like he did WIC. No one is hyping either game ATM or will they in the future.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"]

9.5>>>9.0 /thread

rexoverbey

Gamerankings

by seeing this video review, i think they only like totally scripted and linear gameplay naval

Call of Duty 4 is linear gameplay? Yet I guess that's why most other reviewers are seeing the other way around. Plus Crysis is barely hanging on to AAA status at gamerankings do to bad AI, lack of deathmatch, hardware requirements, lame story, stupid indoor environments, bad ending, bad design in general. COD 4 is lightyears ahead. Plus the guyon tomshardware is a big hermit and everyone here knows that. Infact I would say the majority there are due to it being a PC hardware website. We all know that Ocampo over reviewed it just like he did WIC. No one is hyping either game ATM or will they in the future.

NONE of the reviewers EVER said ANY of those things. The AI has glitches but is absolutely amazing. The Story is actually quite compelling and is actually half-way decent. The Indoor environments are actually seen as one of the high points(Core Level), and the design is getting praised EVERYWHERE. Read the reviews and don't make stuff up. Most of the reviews even specifically say its one of the Best FPS's ever created. Heck, even IGN AU said that at the end... they just happened to take off 1.7 points just because they wanted more hits and because the requirements are high...

edit - The guy over at Toms Hardware is actually a huge Lemming... He called Halo 3 the best FPS ever created.... Even lemmings can't agree with that.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"]

9.5>>>9.0 /thread

rexoverbey

Gamerankings

To add onto Horrowhips post, for the bold: most reviewers are saying that CoD4 is very linear...

For the italics: Why is Crysis winning in the poll then?

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 naval

[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"]

9.5>>>9.0 /thread

rexoverbey

Gamerankings

cod 4 not linear ???? i don't know what review sites say, but tell me have you played the game ? do you think its non-linear ?

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts
I voted for Crysis, CoD4's a bore-fest.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 naval
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"]

9.5>>>9.0 /thread

DragonfireXZ95

Gamerankings

To add onto Horrowhips post, for the bold: most reviewers are saying that CoD4 is very linear...

so, reviewers are saying cod 4 is linear. i don't know why would anyone say cod 4 is non linear !

astor47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 astor47
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts
Finally, an interesting and unbiased topic when comparing games, I agree 100% i have both games, and i prefer crysis mainly because im not into MP. Honestly when i first read the title of this board, i thought of another dumb fanboy talking out of his ass.
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"]

9.5>>>9.0 /thread

naval

Gamerankings

so, reviewers are saying cod 4 is linear. i don't know why would anyone say cod 4 is non linear !

Please most of the outdoor levels in COD4 are very open and non linear.If you want to see linear look at Crysis story and gameplay. I guess fighting Aliens and Koreans is your idea of great epic story telling. Call of Duty 4 is atleast putting you in action instead of using stupid nano suits and killing turtles.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"]

9.5>>>9.0 /thread

rexoverbey

Gamerankings

Please most of the outdoor levels in COD4 are very open and non linear.If you want to see linear look at Crysis story and gameplay. I guess fighting Aliens and Koreans is your idea of great epic story telling.

lol...is that actually what you think an unlinnear game is like?

the smallest level in crysis is several times larger and more open than the largest level in COD4.

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 rexoverbey

the smallest level in crysis is several times larger and more open than the largest level in COD4.

cobrax75
Atleast COD4 puts you in action packed situations non stop. But hey you got a nano suit and kill turtles and playing a prettier version of Far Cry with aliens.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

rexoverbey

Atleast COD4 puts you in action packed situations non stop. But hey you got a nano suit and kill turtles and playing a prettier version of Far Cry with aliens.

in crysis your never put into any situations....you choose your own....but hey...if you like the same, basic, linnear combat from COD1, than theres nothing wrong with that.

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

cobrax75

in crysis your never put into any situations....you choose your own....but hey...if you like the same, basic, linnear combat from COD1, than theres nothing wrong with that.

Like I said you can enjoy shooting trees and turtles all day no one cares.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

If you want to see linear look at Crysis story and gameplay.rexoverbey

Crysis game play is very open ended,levels are really huge and there are multiple ways of going about them up until the core level(The best example of this is the assault level imo, it was amazing level). lol if you think COD4 is more open ended than Crysis. I dont know what you mean by linear story, ocourse the game is going to end the same unless it is advertised as multiple endings.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

rexoverbey

great, enjoy playing the same game over and over again....you can replay crysis differently as much you want....

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 bignice12
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

Like I said you can enjoy shooting trees and turtles all day no one cares.cobrax75

great, enjoy playing the same game over and over again....you can replay crysis differently as much you want....

This and i'll enjoy shooting trees onto Houses,cars, NKs and killing NKs with turtles.

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

cobrax75

Far Cry with aliens is such a giant leap in gameplay. LMAO
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 horrowhip

IGN PC's Take on it

In a year where we're buried under an avalanche of bullets and bodies, you'd think we'd get tired of all of the shooting. Good thing we have developers like Crytek and Infinity Ward to show us how much life the FPS genre still has. It was a hard choice this month to pick between these two very excellent titles but we ended up giving the nod toCrysis.

Sure, the first thing that comes to mind when Crysis is mentioned in passing are the ridiculous visuals, but those eye-bursting pixels of joy aren't the only ammunition Crytek loaded into their latest title. From the moment you jump out of that plane and onto the enemy infested island below, it's a non-stop barrage of action. The best part about it is that you can approach each situation as you'd like thanks to the fancy nano-suit that allows for extra armor, super strength, super speed, and cloaking. Want to sneak around? Go for it. Want to bust into a room screaming and shooting? Fire away! It's up to you. In fact, the first half of the game, while linear, allows for so much freedom, you could almost convince yourself that there's no limitations.

Once the levels become a bit more linear, the combat still remains free-flowing as you battle hordes of alien entities in a mad dash to save yourself, your friends, and your planet. Either way, the action never lets up until the end, at which point your adrenaline glands might need a break.

With a multiplayer portion that, while complicated, offers plenty more hours of entertainment on top of the excellent single player, this has become one of our favorite games of the year. But remember, even though Call of Duty 4 was barely edged out by Crysis, we still highly recommend that game as well, especially for those of you without the more beefy computers needed to run Crysis well.

IGN PC

I guess me and about 74 other people aren't alone.... We have a professional reviewer feeling exactly the same way....

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

rexoverbey

Far Cry with aliens is such a giant leap in gameplay. LMAO

crysis is far more open than Farcry ever was...in every way possible....COD4 well...still the same basic COD1 gameplay...move here * trigger event * move more * trigger even 2 *...etc.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 naval
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

rexoverbey

and you can just enjoy shooting , moving, shooting, moving in cod 4

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 bignice12

We all know that Ocampo over reviewed it just like he did WIC. No one is hyping either game ATM or will they in the future.

rexoverbey

WIC is a well deserved 9.5 btw. Ocampo gave a great review of both games. Did you even play it?

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

We all know that Ocampo over reviewed it just like he did WIC. No one is hyping either game ATM or will they in the future.

bignice12

WIC is a well deserved 9.5 btw. Ocampo gave a great review of both games. Did you even play it?

WIC is holding a 89% at gamerankings it's far from the perfect game Ocampo made it out to be.

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

Crysis takes massive wet dumps all over COD 2.......er I mean COD4.

8.0 at best, the SP sucked. Short, respawning enemies, and every grenade is thrown from the hands of peyton manning landing at your feet. Only redeeming feature is the twitch shooting MP which matches level 50's against level one's. Talk about balanced.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 horrowhip
[QUOTE="bignice12"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

rexoverbey

WIC is holding a 89% at gamerankings it's far from the perfect game Ocampo made it out to be.

Gamerankings sucks for PC games... This has been established at least 100 times... PC reviewers are extremely strict and HALF of them use a review system where an 80% is AAA and 90% is basically impossible to get.

Play the games before your criticize them. WiC has one of the best SP Stories for an RTS ever. has a FANTASTIC SP gameplay. Arguably the BEST MP RTS around. Best graphics for an RTS. Be sounds. It is the best RTS. 9.5 was well deserved. Nobody bothers contest that either... Except for you....

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 bignice12

rexoverbey

lol so if a game is rated under what GS rated it on GR(flawed system imo), it means it is overrated? Why do you worship gamerankings so much? Actually play the game before you claim it to be overrated.

kaptain_insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82 kaptain_insano
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
i haven't played crysis.....i do know that the MP in crysis isn't too good.....but COD 4 MP is stellar....i'm a huge COD fan though so i'm going to have to say COD 4 is the winner....sry guys!
kaptain_insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 kaptain_insano
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

bignice12

lol so if a game is rated under what GS rated it on GR(flawed system imo), it means it is overrated? Why do you worship gamerankings so much? Actually play the game before you claim it to be overrated.

well said! w00t!

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 horrowhip

i haven't played crysis.....i do know that the MP in crysis isn't too good.....but COD 4 MP is stellar....i'm a huge COD fan though so i'm going to have to say COD 4 is the winner....sry guys!kaptain_insano

if you haven't played Crysis you can't know that the MP is bad.... The MP is actually fantastic. Takes a while to get into it because it is complicated but it is great.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="kaptain_insano"]i haven't played crysis.....i do know that the MP in crysis isn't too good.....but COD 4 MP is stellar....i'm a huge COD fan though so i'm going to have to say COD 4 is the winner....sry guys!horrowhip

if you haven't played Crysis you can't know that the MP is bad.... The MP is actually fantastic. Takes a while to get into it because it is complicated but it is great.

Exactly.

I love it. ITs combat is utterly fantastic, as is the gameplay.

My only qualm is some odd bugs - but they are going to be patched in a few days anyway.

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
Kane and Lynch is teh best game ever...11/10!!
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Both have about 8 hour campaigns and multiplayer is vastly superior in CoD4. CoD4 is definitely the better game IMO by a longshot.

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

bignice12

The majority of the time yes. Plus how is GR flawed? It's flawed because it takes an average of alot of professional reviews? That makes no sense at all maybe you should clear that up. Please don't try to claim what game I have and haven't played.... when I've clearly played more than you.

tacosareyummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tacosareyummy
Member since 2006 • 94 Posts
Call of Duty 4 FTW!
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 horrowhip

rexoverbey

The majority of the time yes. Plus how is GR flawed? It's flawed because it takes an average of alot of professional reviews? That makes no sense at all maybe you should clear that up. Please don't try to claim what game I have and haven't played.... when I've clearly played more than you.

GR is flawed because there are a ton of different review systems and reviewing standards. Half the PCsites go by the 5.0 scale where a 5.0 game is GS equivilant of a 7.5(average). Thats how it is flawed. And then, there are the console sites that give out 10's like candy.

IT IS a FLAWED system.

And I GUARRANTEE you haven't played neither Crysis nor WiC more than I have... GUARRANTEED.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DragonfireXZ95

Both have about 8 hour campaigns and multiplayer is vastly superior in CoD4. CoD4 is definitely the better game IMO by a longshot.

Puckhog04

Crysis has a 12 hour campaign at least and CoD4 has a 6 hour campaign. Where did you even get the number 8?

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 horrowhip

Puckhog04

only an idiot would play through Crysis in such a manner that it is only 8 hours long. Was 20 hours for me. And was 14ish for most people. Including all the reviewers. And the MP in Crysis is better IMO. I like complexity because it requires more skill to master. And Crysis is extremely difficult to master....

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DragonfireXZ95

rexoverbey

Sorry, the poll says Crysis is still winning. Your opinion is worth the same as everyone else's here, and I think the poll says it all.

tacosareyummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 tacosareyummy
Member since 2006 • 94 Posts
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="bignice12"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

horrowhip

GR is flawed because there are a ton of different review systems and reviewing standards. Half the PCsites go by the 5.0 scale where a 5.0 game is GS equivilant of a 7.5(average). Thats how it is flawed. And then, there are the console sites that give out 10's like candy.

IT IS a FLAWED system.

And I GUARRANTEE you haven't played neither Crysis nor WiC more than I have... GUARRANTEED.

A 5.0 rating doesn't make it 7.5 where did you take math? A 5.0 would equal 100%, 4.0 = 80% , 3.0 = 60%and so on. Gamerankings does not make a perfect 5.0 a 75% on the average get your story straight. Different standards? More reviews = better average period I don't care what you think. The same thing applies to consoles and you see the averages come out about the same. PC players have this make believe standards thing going on and it is getting stupid. what happened to the higher PC standards last year when Gears got GOTY and SOTY? What happned to the higher PC standards when they didn't even get one nomination for SOTY? Buhh a 9.0 PC Shooter should of blew away anything on consoles right?
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 horrowhip
[QUOTE="horrowhip"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="bignice12"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

tacosareyummy

IT IS a FLAWED system.

A 5.0 rating doesn't make it 7.5 where did you take math? A 5.0 would equal 100%, 4.0 = 80% , 3.0 = 60%and so on. Gamerankings does not make a perfect 5.0 a 75% on the average get your story straight. Different standards? More reviews = better average period I don't care what you think. The same thing applies to consoles and you see the averages come out about the same. PC players have this make believe standards thing going on and it is getting stupid. what happened to the higher PC standards last year when Gears got GOTY and SOTY? What happned to the higher PC standards when they didn't even get one nomination for SOTY? Buhh a 9.0 PC Shooter should of blew away anything on consoles right?

5.0 scale meaning 5.0 is average, 8.0 = AAA, 9.0= masterpiece(still basically impossible to get),10.0 is perfect, 0.0 is the worst game ever....

Sorry should have worded that better.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="horrowhip"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="bignice12"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

tacosareyummy

IT IS a FLAWED system.

Really? Then why did Gears of War for PC score a 9.0 here on Gamespot and it even has the best tag next to it? The 360 version scored a 9.5 for an inferior game. Why is that?

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="rexoverbey"][QUOTE="bignice12"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]

DragonfireXZ95

Sorry, the poll says Crysis is still winning. Your opinion is worth the same as everyone else's here, and I think the poll says it all.

WTH does an online poll prove? People can cheat this forum poll so easy it's not even funny. I'll take all the professional opinions over anyone's here sorry. The average PROFESSIONAL opinion has COD4 over Crysis and sales it is the same way.
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 rexoverbey

Really? Then why did Gears of War for PC score a 9.0 here on Gamespot and it even has the best tag next to it? The 360 version scored a 9.5 for an inferior game. Why is that?

DragonfireXZ95
It came out a year later. :| The 360 version would of probably scored 9.0 if it came this year also.