Capcom's Deep Down Is Ready To Milk Your Wallets

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

All part of the next package.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

another f2p trash

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

-Capcom

-F2P

-Console

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#54 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

not paying a cent.

ldustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By ldustin
Member since 2014 • 133 Posts

Gamers already do this after paying full price for Call of Duty. The only difference is that Activision releases map packs while Capcom will be charging nerds that want to play Malibu Barbi with their rpg character. It's the perfect product for nerds that play Barbi with rpg characters.

http://ibankcoin.com/flyblog/files/2013/01/OGRE.jpg

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

It seems Capcom will indeed be having microtransactions for their Deep Down game. The game will be FREE to PS4 owners, but these gamers will have to purchase gear, spells and just about everything else to get anywhere in the game. I knew this was going to be the case after Capcom announced the game would be FREE.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-free-to-play-game-deep-down-microtransaction-details/1100-6417510/

"The game Deep Down is provided free of charge, but players are required to pay for additional items and other game content," he added. "To ensure people playing the game don't lose interest, we will keep working to deliver stable long-term services."

Ouch. I was interested in this game when it was first shown, but after the huge graphical nerf, the game had lost interests from many. Now with these crazy microtransactions, I'm definitely staying away from this crap. All I can do is wait and hope and pray for a Dragon's Dogma 2. Capcom is steadily losing fans. With the next SF game (Ultra Super SF IV) coming in late Spring, early Summer, we can expect even more milkage and expensive costumes and super moves from Capcom. Capcom can suck it.

Wait so your complaining about this game having macrotransactions when the damn game is given to you free.?

Why didn't you complain about Forza Hypocrite that was $60 and has a barrage of microtrasnactions.?

My god lemming you are sad,also lol at not getting deep down because the graphics were downgrade that mean you care for graphics and that mean that you should not get any multiplatform game on the xbox one,since all are inferior on it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@blackace said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Wow so late... Then again, Lem are least intelligent of all fanboy. It obvious that Capcom is putting effort into this game and try something new, and they put no effort into Dead Rising with last gen visual and horrible performance.

LMAO!! Little boy go play with your ball down the street and let the grown ups talk. Capcom has been milking gamers for awhile now and this game will be no different. There's a right way and wrong way to make F2P games. Capcom is doing it all wrong. This has nothing to do with Dead Rising 3, which is an excellent game. Deep Down got a significant down grade in graphics, so get a clue kid.

Actually hypocrite if the game is given free to me,i don't care about the price of stuff since you can buy stuff only if you want to,now Forza was $60 and a had a ton of cars to sell,when it features less cars than Forza 4.

This is capcom they even charged people for different colors.

I haven't see the final game running so i can't say but the same happen with DR3 with looked like sh**,and which you think is fine but is not.

Either way a lemming complaining about Microtransaction doesn't that just beat all,it was MS who brought that sh** into the market and the first to face uproar allowing a $2.50 charge for a damn horse armor for Oblivion.

@blackace said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Can't wait. Gonna be epic, and won't have any issue buying content.

Yet you were one of the first people to complain about Forza 5 having DLC that had to be paid for, yet you're willing to pay for gear and spells in Deep Down. LMAO!! Hypocrite confirmed.

FORZA cost $60 MORON it wasn't give to people free of charge like deep down will,so yeah having few cars and charging a ton for the rest when you already payed $60 is a joke.

Once again a lemming talking about microtransaction is the most hypocrite thing ever.

@tymeservesfate said:

OUCH!! but yea, cmon man you WERE interested in the game?? it has giant spiders...you can't pass that up...even though you have to pay to get to them.

*cough-sarcasm-cough*

i keep telling cows. stop putting Sony on a pedestal. they're a business like anyone other of the big 3. worst even since they're a business hurting for money right now.

Free to play pay to win,is the same sh** with all free to play games some worse than others,but the game is free,unlike Forza which was $60 and has a barrage of DLC when it has 1 quart of the cars GT6 has,and way less than Forza 4 to.

This game isn't from Sony you moron is from capcom,unlike Forza which is $60 with a barrage of microtransactions and is from MS,so is KI,Halo Spartan and several MS game which are full of MT.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#58  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19580 Posts

Capcom, the undisputed heavyweight champion of cash cow milking since 1991.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Chutebox said:

Isn't this kinda the same thing as Killer Instict, except you have to pay for that game?

Microtransactions in a FTP game is a given. They're not just going to give it away. Either way, I'll try it and probably delete it soon after.

I still dont understand Killer Instinct, you have to buy the game, but it only comes with two characters and you can only get more if you buy them?

no, the game is free to play too. you get one character to use and learn, you can even use them to play online. but if you want to use the other players you have to purchase them. individually or in a set of group packs.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Chutebox said:

Isn't this kinda the same thing as Killer Instict, except you have to pay for that game?

Microtransactions in a FTP game is a given. They're not just going to give it away. Either way, I'll try it and probably delete it soon after.

I still dont understand Killer Instinct, you have to buy the game, but it only comes with two characters and you can only get more if you buy them?

no, the game is free to play too. you get one character to use and learn, you can even use them to play online. but if you want to use the other players you have to purchase them. individually or in a set of group packs.

lolol a fighting game where you have to buy the characters individually? xD

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tymeservesfate

@StrongBlackVine: yes, but iisn't it exclusive and a selling point for the ps4...Sony's product. making it a Sony game. Gears of War was a 3rd party game but universally known as an Xbox game...so...yea.

@xboxdone74 said:

@tymeservesfate: gotta any proof? Any petitions to show that cows wanted such Facebook games?

even if I was willing to go look that up for you would you even accept it? or would u just feed me ur best spin on the subject instead to avoid admitting it?

@senses_fail_06 said:

So, it's sorta like Forza 5 except you don't have to pay the initial $60.

ouch...good one.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

The game is FREE!!!, how else do you think they are gonna make money off a game they are handing to you for FREE!!??

I swear the lack logic of people on here is just...Almost every F2P game out there will have some sort of microtransaction so get over it, if you don't like it guess what, you don't have to DL/play it.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Chutebox said:

I didn't say that...I gave the options of what users can do. you don't HAVE to do any of them. but u can choose to do any of them. including not buying anything and just using the one character online or off. they do periodically change the character though so you'll get to the one you want to try eventually without paying a dime..

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#64 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@blackace: As long as the game runs at 1080P & 60fps , it should sell very well on PS4.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46442 Posts

@kemar7856 said:

keep this crap on ios but I know idiots will still spend money

As long as people keep buying microtransactions, the system will exist.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Well I would think Capcom are not a total bunch of morons, they did say they would be trying to find a balance in being reasonable with the transactions.

The best thing they could possibly do is have the micro transactions, but also have some one off costs for stuff, pay a one off fee and have access to stuff all the time. I have never liked the idea of paying directly for items, it feels like cheating rather than playing a game, instead you pay for easier access to certain content where you can have a chance to acquire certain items/materials. Maybe have all content available to everyone but put things in like teleport scrolls that have a low chance to drop that go to those areas directly and what you pay for is access to those areas with unlimited use (or if you don't pay you have to do something else time consuming to gain access like find a key or find/kill a boss).

And perhaps make dungeons respawn infrequently and have a item you can pay for on the store to reset them instantly or lower the time (again an item that can drop rarely). You could also have a respec character item you can buy or a lesser version you can find (for example respec only a few levels). There are en endless amount of things that could be classed as micro transactions that are totally acceptable. Just for example make upgrading items ridiculously difficult to do (dark souls can be a bit like this anyway) killing loads of enemies to get one rare drop over and over is a part of the game anyhow. Then add a ridiculous amount of items that you can upgrade (need to upgrade) to get further in the game (or just look cool), well unless you are so good at the game you don't need the items an prefer to be naked, you also make that pay for for the perverts...

Would not be totally out of order to have pay for classes that are beyond the warrior, mage, archer variety maybe mixed classes that are hard to master for the experienced players (who should really be supporting the game anyway).

But then again they could be totally stupid and just put in pay for high level items and a paywall on huge chunks of the game that add up to >£120 to purchase. That would be sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

.... you don't even know what these items are... yet you magically thewer "gear and spells!" in there as if it was fact. content... well what did you expect? free patches forever? on a game you didn't even pay for?

ugh we are going to have console peasants whining about free2play models this gen arn't we?

ITs capcom so I can see why everyone is worried... they milk the peasants at every turn.

hamster3_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hamster3_3
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

So many fanboys talking about games they have never played. KI is free but you only get 1 or 2 chars (I tried it and could only use one, maybe I didn't scroll through the chars enough). Forza doesn't force you to buy DLC in any way. There are plenty of cars and making money is fast (50k after 3 or 4 races). I'm going to get the full GS without buying any cars and DR3 was never trying to be the best looking game ever. Gameplay > graphics.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Wow so late... Then again, Lem are least intelligent of all fanboy. It obvious that Capcom is putting effort into this game and try something new, and they put no effort into Dead Rising with last gen visual and horrible performance.

As usual your post is stupid, lol. DR3 is well rated and a million seller. This game will nickle and dime you like Candy Crush., I hate the practice altogether, and that includes when Forza does it or any other game on any system. If I can't attain every single item or power in a game from grinding/beating it then I don't want to have to buy every damn thing cause they are hoping I eventually spend more than what the full retail game would cost. Its BS. No game that does that will ever get a cent from me.,

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@Locutus_Picard said:

@blackace said:

"The game Deep Down is provided free of charge, but players are required to pay for additional items and other game content," he added. "To ensure people playing the game don't lose interest, we will keep working to deliver stable long-term services."

Ouch. I was interested in this game when it was first shown, but after the huge graphical nerf, the game had lost interests from many. Now with these crazy microtransactions, I'm definitely staying away from this crap. All I can do is wait and hope and pray for a Dragon's Dogma 2. Capcom is steadily losing fans. With the next SF game (Ultra Super SF IV) coming in late Spring, early Summer, we can expect even more milkage and expensive costumes and super moves from Capcom. Capcom can suck it.

1) I don't think you understand the word "additional", for example: you get 5 healing items but you have to pay up for

additional

items.

2) ¿Que?

It makes me fuzzy and warm inside to know I've schooled a lem today.

I'm not a lem and you didn't school anyone. lol!! Yes additional items means GEAR, (Armor, weapons, spells, etc..) Items that will give some players an advantage over others who don't pay for those items. Good damage control though. You must appease your master Sony. Yes the games graphic were downgraded from what we saw at the E3. Everyone on here knows that.Well, except you I guess. lol!!

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Chutebox said:

I didn't say that...I gave the options of what users can do. you don't HAVE to do any of them. but u can choose to do any of them. including not buying anything and just using the one character online or off. they do periodically change the character though so you'll get to the one you want to try eventually without paying a dime..

WOW you are doing some mighty fine Damage Control right there.

Thats fucked up anyway you see it. If Sony put out a fighting game like that you can be damn well assure that we would protest it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By blackace
@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@blackace said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

LMAO!! Little boy go play with your ball down the street and let the grown ups talk. Capcom has been milking gamers for awhile now and this game will be no different. There's a right way and wrong way to make F2P games. Capcom is doing it all wrong. This has nothing to do with Dead Rising 3, which is an excellent game. Deep Down got a significant down grade in graphics, so get a clue kid.

Dat butthurt lol. Did DR3 patch come out yet to lock framerate from 15fps to 18fps? Ahahaha. If Deep Down is significant downgrade then what is DR3 with ps2 texture and embarrass performance? Why crybaby lem?

LMAO!! What does DR3 have to do with this? Cows love to change the subject when they know they are wrong. But,,but,,.but the DR3 fps. LMAO!! DR3 was never downgraded and it still looks great with 100's of zombies on the screen. Looks who's butthurt and crying now. Deep Down went from being a "must try" game to a "no thank you" in just a few months. Don't know why Capcom just didn't do another Dragon Dogma on the PS4. That's what everyone wants.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

i have set aside money for this game, so good to hear. Day fucking 1.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@blackace said:

It seems Capcom will indeed be having microtransactions for their Deep Down game. The game will be FREE to PS4 owners, but these gamers will have to purchase gear, spells and just about everything else to get anywhere in the game. I knew this was going to be the case after Capcom announced the game would be FREE.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-free-to-play-game-deep-down-microtransaction-details/1100-6417510/

lol what. This is how F2P games work. Why is this a surprise to you?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By blackace

@senses_fail_06 said:

So, it's sorta like Forza 5 except you don't have to pay the initial $60.

No, it's not like Forza 5 DLC at all. Forza's content won't give you an advantage over anyone. You don't have to buy Forza 5 content either. Turn 10 will add FREE DLC Content (they already have. lol!!) With Deep Down, you probably won't be able to get past certain levels or defeat certain bosses without the better items. Capcom will definitely force you to pay to upgrade or just sit back and watch you struggle.

*******************************************************************************************************

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

lol what. This is how F2P games work. Why is this a surprise to you?

Surprised? I'm not surprised. I'm the one who said this was what was going to happen when they said it would be a F2P game. I knew before Capcom even made any announcement about it. LOL!! I'm just proving my point now.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I like F2P games because not spending any money of them is like playing the game on hardest difficulty. Since I'm not a noob, this isn't a problem. Typically, by the time you work your way up to the highest tiers where you do need to buy something or other, you've more or less spent about $15 on a game that has already kept you entertained for hours.

It's not all bad.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

I hope the gameplay is good enough for me to keep playing, seriously such a wasted potential, it could have been much more than a F2P game.

It could have but have you seen how much money some of the free 2 play games make ? it's a huge amount. You can bet capcom wants some of that but it's going to do it the wrong way.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

First Infamous, now Deep Down opening the jelly gates.

Will the madness ever end?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

This game is going to be complete shit. I hate to be like this but everything I've seen so far has been rubbish. It's really surprising people are hyping it.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#82 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I've yet to play a free to play game that I enjoyed. So yeah, I don't care if it looks photorealistic... if they want actual money for items, and it's unreasonably hard to get the same items in game, count me out.

hamster3_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 hamster3_3
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Chutebox said:

Thats fucked up anyway you see it. If Sony put out a fighting game like that you can be damn well assure that we would protest it.

Do you have some kind of learning disability? You're saying because a demo is free and you have to pay for the full game, you would protest? Killer Instinct is FREE to download with one character (Like a demo), BUT if you want more characters you have to pay (Like a full game).

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@me3x12 said:

Unless it milks my prostate I'm not getting this trash

Whoa dude, Whoa...bit too much info.

MS has really taken it's toll on you eh? Dat willingness to bend over.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Nengo_Flow said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Chutebox said:

damage control? you asked someone to explain what the deal with Killer Instinct was...and i explained it? how is that damage control? cows want to matter so bad smh...

you'd protest it huh? just like you protested that Playstation Now milking gimmick, right? cows only get up in arms when they feel they can twist some MS news into something to bitch about. there have been plenty of shitty Sony policies cows just took, or even yelled praised for. now paying for online is a good deal right? take that biased corporate tool nonsense somewhere else please Nengo L-O-L

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
@heretrix said:

This game is going to be complete shit. I hate to be like this but everything I've seen so far has been rubbish. It's really surprising people are hyping it.

Isn't it a PS4 exclusive? And cows are gagging for some games.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@blackace said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Ignore that kid. He's just butthurt and insecure about a PS4 that he doesn't even own. Pay him no mind dude is a complete moron.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sounds like another Facebook game so it should be a hit with cows like Resogun.

It's also how KI works, so yeah.

It's a shame, but it does look fun.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#89  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Well that's just Capcom being Capcom but at least they're not charging 60$ for it first like EA would do.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@blackace said:
@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@blackace said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Dat butthurt lol. Did DR3 patch come out yet to lock framerate from 15fps to 18fps? Ahahaha. If Deep Down is significant downgrade then what is DR3 with ps2 texture and embarrass performance? Why crybaby lem?

LMAO!! What does DR3 have to do with this? Cows love to change the subject when they know they are wrong. But,,but,,.but the DR3 fps. LMAO!! DR3 was never downgraded and it still looks great with 100's of zombies on the screen. Looks who's butthurt and crying now. Deep Down went from being a "must try" game to a "no thank you" in just a few months. Don't know why Capcom just didn't do another Dragon Dogma on the PS4. That's what everyone wants.

So, no stable 18fps then? Hahahah, TLHBO! DR3 look and run like shit, unlike f2p "no thank you" game from same company. Ouch, please do not cry.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Been saying for a while that this game is gonna be shit and I stand by it