Capcom's Deep Down Is Ready To Milk Your Wallets

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by blackace (20064 posts) -

It seems Capcom will indeed be having microtransactions for their Deep Down game. The game will be FREE to PS4 owners, but these gamers will have to purchase gear, spells and just about everything else to get anywhere in the game. I knew this was going to be the case after Capcom announced the game would be FREE.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-free-to-play-game-deep-down-microtransaction-details/1100-6417510/

"The game Deep Down is provided free of charge, but players are required to pay for additional items and other game content," he added. "To ensure people playing the game don't lose interest, we will keep working to deliver stable long-term services."

Ouch. I was interested in this game when it was first shown, but after the huge graphical nerf, the game had lost interests from many. Now with these crazy microtransactions, I'm definitely staying away from this crap. All I can do is wait and hope and pray for a Dragon's Dogma 2. Capcom is steadily losing fans. With the next SF game (Ultra Super SF IV) coming in late Spring, early Summer, we can expect even more milkage and expensive costumes and super moves from Capcom. Capcom can suck it.

#2 Posted by edwardecl (2015 posts) -

How did you think free to play games work if you were surprised by this?

#3 Posted by kemar7856 (11506 posts) -

keep this crap on ios but I know idiots will still spend money

#4 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6647 posts) -

The name "Crapcom" has been well earned.

#5 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1922 posts) -

Wow so late... Then again, Lem are least intelligent of all fanboy. It obvious that Capcom is putting effort into this game and try something new, and they put no effort into Dead Rising with last gen visual and horrible performance.

#6 Edited by Evo_nine (1599 posts) -

sounds like an indie game.

Should find a good home on the ps4.

#7 Posted by MrYaotubo (2610 posts) -

How did you think free to play games work if you were surprised by this?

Plenty of F2P games aren´t like that,one of the very best games of 2013 for instance,Path of Exile, is F2P but it´s nothing like this,Deep Down seems to fall into the scummy side of F2P.

#8 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

Hate free to pay models. Killed all of my interest in this title.

#9 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Can't wait. Gonna be epic, and won't have any issue buying content.

#10 Posted by blackace (20064 posts) -

Wow so late... Then again, Lem are least intelligent of all fanboy. It obvious that Capcom is putting effort into this game and try something new, and they put no effort into Dead Rising with last gen visual and horrible performance.

LMAO!! Little boy go play with your ball down the street and let the grown ups talk. Capcom has been milking gamers for awhile now and this game will be no different. There's a right way and wrong way to make F2P games. Capcom is doing it all wrong. This has nothing to do with Dead Rising 3, which is an excellent game. Deep Down got a significant down grade in graphics, so get a clue kid.

#11 Posted by blackace (20064 posts) -

Can't wait. Gonna be epic, and won't have any issue buying content.

Yet you were one of the first people to complain about Forza 5 having DLC that had to be paid for, yet you're willing to pay for gear and spells in Deep Down. LMAO!! Hypocrite confirmed.

#12 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

What free to play game doesn't have microtransactions of some sort? This is the future, what's on the way out is the pay to play Motto, It's only sustainable if your names blizzard. You end up making more bread offering the first taste for free, you get to hook those potential customers in when there's zero risk to the consumer to try your product. Just look at path of exile, once you move up in levels you will really want those extra stash tabs as Inventory and Stash space become paramount to your success.

#13 Edited by edwardecl (2015 posts) -

Deep Down is set in 2094 New York... wait what... does this game have machine guns? :).

Is that part of the pay for content?

#14 Edited by Chutebox (36449 posts) -

Isn't this kinda the same thing as Killer Instict, except you have to pay for that game?

Microtransactions in a FTP game is a given. They're not just going to give it away. Either way, I'll try it and probably delete it soon after.

#15 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

sounds like an indie game.

Should find a good home on the ps4.

We already know you're slow but do you have to constantly advertise the fact that you're missing chromosomes?

#16 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

blackace made this thread? What a surpirse

#17 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Isn't this kinda the same thing as Killer Instict, except you have to pay for that game?

Microtransactions in a FTP game is a given. They're not just going to give it away. Either way, I'll try it and probably delete it soon after.

I still dont understand Killer Instinct, you have to buy the game, but it only comes with two characters and you can only get more if you buy them?

#18 Posted by _Matt_ (8842 posts) -

Crapcom strike again.

I lost interest the moment it was announced F2P anyway.

#20 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@blackace: I've never once mentioned anything of Forza 5. Got a link to prove it?

#21 Edited by Chutebox (36449 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

I still dont understand Killer Instinct, you have to buy the game, but it only comes with two characters and you can only get more if you buy them?

I think so, which is why I mentioned it.

#22 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

it's FREE 2 PLAY.

WTF did you think? it's 110% free?

Now DEpending on how they do it and ends up being P2W then the game will die in no time

#23 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

Honestly, I hate capcom as much as the next guy but this is the dumbest thing to complain about.

#24 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Evo_nine: sshhhh..my son. Your jelly is showing.

#25 Edited by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

@blackace said:

It seems Capcom will indeed be having microtransactions for their Deep Down game. The game will be FREE to PS4 owners, but these gamers will have to purchase gear, spells and just about everything else to get anywhere in the game. I knew this was going to be the case after Capcom announced the game would be FREE.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-free-to-play-game-deep-down-microtransaction-details/1100-6417510/

"The game Deep Down is provided free of charge, but players are required to pay for additional items and other game content," he added. "To ensure people playing the game don't lose interest, we will keep working to deliver stable long-term services."

Ouch. I was interested in this game when it was first shown, but after the huge graphical nerf, the game had lost interests from many. Now with these crazy microtransactions, I'm definitely staying away from this crap. All I can do is wait and hope and pray for a Dragon's Dogma 2. Capcom is steadily losing fans. With the next SF game (Ultra Super SF IV) coming in late Spring, early Summer, we can expect even more milkage and expensive costumes and super moves from Capcom. Capcom can suck it.

OUCH!! but yea, cmon man you WERE interested in the game?? it has giant spiders...you can't pass that up...even though you have to pay to get to them.

*cough-sarcasm-cough*

i keep telling cows. stop putting Sony on a pedestal. they're a business like anyone other of the big 3. worst even since they're a business hurting for money right now.

#26 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -

First metal gear, now this. Im hoping this dies. Quickly.

#27 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3979 posts) -

@blackace said:

1) I don't think you understand the word "additional", for example: you get 5 healing items but you have to pay up for additional items.

2) ¿Que?

It makes me fuzzy and warm inside to know I've schooled a lem today.

#28 Posted by mario-galaxys (614 posts) -
#29 Posted by Evo_nine (1599 posts) -

@Evo_nine: sshhhh..my son. Your jelly is showing.

Yeah I guess I will have to make do with..................................................

TITANFALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

#30 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Evo_nine: mmmmm...yes....multiplat goodness on 720box.

Too much jelly, son.

Deeeeep Doooooowwwnnnn

InnnnnFfffAaaaaaMmmuuuussss

#31 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

I can't believe anyone is surprised by this after seeing how other FTP games work.

#32 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -

Sounds like another Facebook game so it should be a hit with cows like Resogun.

#33 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1922 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

LMAO!! Little boy go play with your ball down the street and let the grown ups talk. Capcom has been milking gamers for awhile now and this game will be no different. There's a right way and wrong way to make F2P games. Capcom is doing it all wrong. This has nothing to do with Dead Rising 3, which is an excellent game. Deep Down got a significant down grade in graphics, so get a clue kid.

Dat butthurt lol. Did DR3 patch come out yet to lock framerate from 15fps to 18fps? Ahahaha. If Deep Down is significant downgrade then what is DR3 with ps2 texture and embarrass performance? Why crybaby lem?

#34 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1922 posts) -
#35 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Unlike other facebook games like nidhogg and limbo, right?

#36 Edited by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

@xboxdone74 the only difference cows actually want the Xbox's "facebook" games. so many threads there when Limbo finally came to the ps3...so many...

@mario-galaxys said:

@tymeservesfate: Want to remove that image as it contains a racial slur.

the racial has an "ER" at the end...this word ends with an "A". a little difference but that usually separates the two. if i get modded so be it. but thanks anyway for the heads up.

#37 Edited by ristactionjakso (5666 posts) -

Capcom is like a cancer now.

Just give us Onimusha HD collection like we want.

#38 Posted by lamprey263 (22836 posts) -

Capcom loves you and listens to you!

#39 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: gotta any proof? Any petitions to show that cows wanted such Facebook games?

#40 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (930 posts) -

Atleast capcom other game Dead Rising 3 was a full game. (financially MSoft helped them)

#41 Posted by princeofshapeir (13632 posts) -

There were two things that are inherently wrong about this game:

1. Developed by Capcom

2. Free to play

Combine the two and you have an abomination.

#42 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3663 posts) -

The game looks great... so if I like it for free.. I will pay to continue playing it. While I don't prefer this method, mostly because there isn't a physical copy I don't really see the issue with it since it is digital.

#43 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

Well lets see, console games run $60 on release. Not seeing the issue with having to buy things as long as it doesn't total more than it would cost you to buy a game. Now me, a person who waits til games drop in price, might have an issue with this. But you consolites always seem so gun-ho to hand over $60 for a game, so where is the issue?

#44 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

So, it's sorta like Forza 5 except you don't have to pay the initial $60.

#45 Edited by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

Yes and this is why free to play sucks. I'd take another Dragon's Dogma over this shit. But we all know that isn't going to happen. God Capcom suck.

#46 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

Man you can bet this game is going to have a load of transactions, the fact they decided to make it F2P rather than just the usual $60 makes me think they want to milk the hell out of it.

Sucks because it looks like a good game so it will be interesting to see what they are doing.

#47 Posted by nini200 (9480 posts) -

It's going to go DEEP DOWN into your wallets lol Ok I know, corny, but I HAD to do it lol

#48 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@blackace said:

OUCH!! but yea, cmon man you WERE interested in the game?? it has giant spiders...you can't pass that up...even though you have to pay to get to them.

*cough-sarcasm-cough*

i keep telling cows. stop putting Sony on a pedestal. they're a business like anyone other of the big 3. worst even since they're a business hurting for money right now.

Sony isn't making this game.

#49 Posted by TheFadeForever (1685 posts) -

Capcom + F2P nuff said

#50 Posted by UnbiasedGamerGS (32 posts) -

Can't wait to try this game out. If the game bores me, I won't pay for anything, if the game blows my mind away, then i still wont pay for anything.