Bioshock Infinite A game with so much potential,yet fails to reach it (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] He murdered dozens of Indians, including women and children. It's explained. Props for not paying attention.

musalala

Vaguely mentioned....I was paying attention. Why couldn't he explain this in more detail with Elizabeth?

Its not vageuly mentioned WTF?! now you are just making sh*t up in desperation. He went to get baptised to wash away that sin, not to mention slate explains it quite plainly. 

there is an entire level about it :lol:
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 mems_1224

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Copping out and slightly changing them doesnt change the bad taste the original endings left in millions of players' mouths. The creepy buzz aldrin section doesn't help either. musalala

and yet the silent majority are content with the new endings....

No they are not.

Lol I would like to know how he came to that conclusion
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#203 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14942 Posts
[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Vaguely mentioned....I was paying attention. Why couldn't he explain this in more detail with Elizabeth?mems_1224

Its not vageuly mentioned WTF?! now you are just making sh*t up in desperation. He went to get baptised to wash away that sin, not to mention slate explains it quite plainly. 

and yet Slate has to make a vague mention about it because Booker never really does.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="musalala"]

texasgoldrush

and yet Slate has to make a vague mention about it because Booker never really does.

Once again, why would he tell this girl who barely trusts him that he's a mass murderer?
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and yet the silent majority are content with the new endings....mems_1224

No they are not.

The internal market research Bioware ran where they found only a minority want further post ending content. This research assited with the making of the Citadel DLC.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] there is an entire level about it :lol:

Once again, why would he tell this girl who barely trusts him that he's a mass murderer?

Perhaps to gain her trust if he does so humbly.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and yet Slate has to make a vague mention about it because Booker never really does.

That would be completely out of character for him.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

You wanna talk about protagonists with no depth? Commander Shepard.

DarkLink77

That's actually true, and I defend bioware's characterization, but Shepard is really a giant enigma.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

The internal market research Bioware ran where they found only a minority want further post ending content. texasgoldrush

Maybe because nothing could be done to redeem it.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and yet Slate has to make a vague mention about it because Booker never really does.

Pretty sure you dont gain trust by telling someone that you took part in a mass murder. Especially to someone who's been sheltered their entire life and freaked out when you killed people in self defense.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Once again, why would he tell this girl who barely trusts him that he's a mass murderer?

Elizabeth drowning Booker without a hint of protest in the end is out of character for her as well as them acting like creepy zombie children.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Once again, why would he tell this girl who barely trusts him that he's a mass murderer?

Pretty sure you dont gain trust by telling someone that you took part in a mass murder. Especially to someone who's been sheltered their entire life and freaked out when you killed people in self defense.

And thats why he would do it later.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#213 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="musalala"]

No they are not.

texasgoldrush

The internal market research Bioware ran where they found only a minority want further post ending content. This research assited with the making of the Citadel DLC.

BULLSH*T  if you have no proof utter BULLSH*t and nothing but PR nonsense which has become bioware modus operandi of late.And the fact they had to "expand" on the ending is proof of its failure.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Perhaps to gain her trust if he does so humbly.

Elizabeth drowning Booker without a hint of protest in the end is out of character for her as well as them acting like creepy zombie children.

lol you clearly were too busy writing fan fic about asari sex during the game. its clear you weren't paying attention or didn't understand a single thing about the game.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That would be completely out of character for him.

lol you clearly were too busy writing fan fic about asari sex during the game. its clear you weren't paying attention or didn't understand a single thing about the game.

No, I was paying attention.... Booker does not want Liz to kill (or keep killing), thats why he tells her that she won't kill Comstock because he will, thats why he does not want her to go with him to confront Comstock, but Liz goes with it and she doesn't kill Comstock and really did not want Booker to kill him as he did. The entire sequence in the future, where its revealed that Liz was willingly attacking the surface, is what brought Booker to this conclusion. But then Liz creepily and without protest kills "Comstock" at the end. This is antithematic and contrived.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Perhaps to gain her trust if he does so humbly.

Not at all, actually. Mostly because he knows what it will accomplish and that all of this is all his fault. Also, Elizabeth wanting to kill Comstock is established from the moment you rescue her. Because she says she's gonna do it, and Booker says "Don't," and she basically says "You can't stop me." So, yep, nope, wrong again.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Perhaps to gain her trust if he does so humbly.

And thats why he would do it later.

Again, completely out of character and there's no good way to bring it up.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

GD1551

That's actually true, and I defend bioware's characterization, but Shepard is really a giant enigma.

I don't have a problem with it either considering Shepard is little more than an avatar for the player, but saying a character like Booker has no depth (which is completely false), and then praising Commander Shepard as a protagonist is the definition of hypocrisy.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That would be completely out of character for him.

Not at all, actually. Mostly because he knows what it will accomplish and that all of this is all his fault. Also, Elizabeth wanting to kill Comstock is established from the moment you rescue her. Because she says she's gonna do it, and Booker says "Don't," and she basically says "You can't stop me." So, yep, nope, wrong again.

And which Booker says she won't because he will do it. And notice that she did not try to kill Comstock on the airship. Booker does NOT want her to go down his road.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

I don't have a problem with it either considering Shepard is little more than an avatar for the player, but saying a character like Booker has no depth (which is completely false), and then praising Commander Shepard as a protagonist is the definition of hypocrisy.

and when did I praise Shepard for his or her depth? Did you make that argument up for me?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Elizabeth drowning Booker without a hint of protest in the end is out of character for her as well as them acting like creepy zombie children.

And which Booker says she won't because he will do it. And notice that she did not try to kill Comstock on the airship.

She doesn't try to kill him because she wants answers first. And yes, she's appalled at the fact that Booker violently drowns a helpless old man. Doesn't mean she would not have killed him after she got the answers she wanted (as we see later). It was pretty obvious from the get-go that there was no way the game was going to end without Comstock dying. Just sayin'.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

texasgoldrush

and when did I praise Shepard for his or her depth? Did you make that argument up for me?

Never said you did. But you've praised the character multiple times on this forum. If Booker can't be a great protagonist because he lacks depth (which is false, and you've already been proven wrong), then Shepard can't either.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Not at all, actually. Mostly because he knows what it will accomplish and that all of this is all his fault. Also, Elizabeth wanting to kill Comstock is established from the moment you rescue her. Because she says she's gonna do it, and Booker says "Don't," and she basically says "You can't stop me." So, yep, nope, wrong again.

And which Booker says she won't because he will do it. And notice that she did not try to kill Comstock on the airship.

She doesn't try to kill him because she wants answers first. And yes, she's appalled at the fact that Booker violently drowns a helpless old man. Doesn't mean she would not have killed him after she got the answers she wanted (as we see later). It was pretty obvious from the get-go that there was no way the game was going to end without Comstock dying. Just sayin'.

Bioshock 2 can end without Sofia Lamb dying....and Sofia Lamb hasn't even repented yet. In fact Eleanor SAVES HER LIFE when she has every reason to kill her. And what makes you think she owuld kill Comstock on the airship....Booker did not want her to.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 musalala

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I don't have a problem with it either considering Shepard is little more than an avatar for the player, but saying a character like Booker has no depth (which is completely false), and then praising Commander Shepard as a protagonist is the definition of hypocrisy.DarkLink77

Never said you did. But you've praised the character multiple times on this forum. If Booker can't be a great protagonist because he lacks depth (which is false, and you've already been proven wrong), then Shepard can't either.

This is texasgoldrush the same arguemnts he uses to justify his bullsh*t cannot be used  against him, so mass effect 3 is a masterpiece because it was the highest rated game last year but Bisohock Infinite is overated and sh*t even though it scored higher than mass effect 3. Commander shepard is an icon of gaming with depth bla bla bla but Booker dewit is sh*t and overated ...classic texasgoldrush

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And which Booker says she won't because he will do it. And notice that she did not try to kill Comstock on the airship.

Bioshock 2 can end without Sofia Lamb dying....and Sofia Lamb hasn't even repented yet. In fact Eleanor SAVES HER LIFE when she has every reason to kill her. And what makes you think she owuld kill Comstock on the airship....Booker did not want her to.

Who cares about Bioshock 2? That has no bearing on Infinite. What does Booker wanting her to do anything have to do with anything? She's going to do what she wants to do, regardless of what Booker wants. And she made it very clear she wants Comstock to die.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I don't have a problem with it either considering Shepard is little more than an avatar for the player, but saying a character like Booker has no depth (which is completely false), and then praising Commander Shepard as a protagonist is the definition of hypocrisy.

And yet I don't praise Shepard for his or her depth. Booker is not as deep as Niko Bellic or John Marston, or Cole Phelps and Jack Kelso. He is not as deep as Adam Jansen or Geralt either. Booker is simply not great enough to outshine his dueteragonist.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and when did I praise Shepard for his or her depth? Did you make that argument up for me?

And yet I don't praise Shepard for his or her depth. Booker is not as deep as Niko Bellic or John Marston, or Cole Phelps and Jack Kelso. He is not as deep as Adam Jansen or Geralt either. Booker is simply not great enough to outshine his dueteragonist.

Booker is far more interesting as a character than Elizabeth could ever hope to be. She's just more likable. Not as deep as Cole Phelps, Jack Kelso or Adam Jensen? Please. As for Marston, Booker more or less has the same character arc, so... yeah. Niko, not so much, but Martson is a better protagonist than Niko is, so...
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] She doesn't try to kill him because she wants answers first. And yes, she's appalled at the fact that Booker violently drowns a helpless old man. Doesn't mean she would not have killed him after she got the answers she wanted (as we see later). It was pretty obvious from the get-go that there was no way the game was going to end without Comstock dying. Just sayin'.

Who cares about Bioshock 2? That has no bearing on Infinite. What does Booker wanting her to do anything have to do with anything? She's going to do what she wants to do, regardless of what Booker wants. And she made it very clear she wants Comstock to die.

Ken Levine did......it recycles its very premise with the very similiar antagonist-deueteragonist relationship. No, she won't, because she confides in him at this point and trusts him. He develops her away from the vengeful path she wants to go down.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Never said you did. But you've praised the character multiple times on this forum. If Booker can't be a great protagonist because he lacks depth (which is false, and you've already been proven wrong), then Shepard can't either.

Booker is far more interesting as a character than Elizabeth could ever hope to be. She's just more likable. Not as deep as Cole Phelps, Jack Kelso or Adam Jensen? Please. As for Marston, Booker more or less has the same character arc, so... yeah. Niko, not so much, but Martson is a better protagonist than Niko is, so...

Cole Phelps is by far a more deep character than Booker....Booker isn't even in the same league.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 musalala

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and when did I praise Shepard for his or her depth? Did you make that argument up for me?texasgoldrush

Stop f*cking lying please you fawning over commander shepard is well documented we could write a thesis on that sh*t

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Never said you did. But you've praised the character multiple times on this forum. If Booker can't be a great protagonist because he lacks depth (which is false, and you've already been proven wrong), then Shepard can't either.musalala

Stop f*cking lying please you fawning over commander shepard is well documented we could write a thesis on that sh*t

and yet its not the depth I praise him or her for.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Bioshock 2 can end without Sofia Lamb dying....and Sofia Lamb hasn't even repented yet. In fact Eleanor SAVES HER LIFE when she has every reason to kill her. And what makes you think she owuld kill Comstock on the airship....Booker did not want her to.

Ken Levine did......it recycles its very premise with the very similiar antagonist-deueteragonist relationship. No, she won't, because she confides in him at this point and trusts him. He develops her away from the vengeful path she wants to go down.

Bioshock 2 is all about multiple universes now? Obviously not.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And yet I don't praise Shepard for his or her depth. Booker is not as deep as Niko Bellic or John Marston, or Cole Phelps and Jack Kelso. He is not as deep as Adam Jansen or Geralt either. Booker is simply not great enough to outshine his dueteragonist.

Cole Phelps is by far a more deep character than Booker....Booker isn't even in the same league.

Nope, not even close. Also, LOL LA Noire. What a sh!tty game.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Booker is far more interesting as a character than Elizabeth could ever hope to be. She's just more likable. Not as deep as Cole Phelps, Jack Kelso or Adam Jensen? Please. As for Marston, Booker more or less has the same character arc, so... yeah. Niko, not so much, but Martson is a better protagonist than Niko is, so...

And what makes Booker supposely deep? He is not, especially not compared to other protagonists this gen.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Cole Phelps is by far a more deep character than Booker....Booker isn't even in the same league.

And what makes Booker supposely deep? He is not, especially not compared to other protagonists this gen.

What makes Marston deeper? They have the same damn character arc.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Nope, not even close. Also, LOL LA Noire. What a sh!tty game.

More backstory, bigger character arc, more opinions on things and more character development.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And what makes Booker supposely deep? He is not, especially not compared to other protagonists this gen.

More backstory, bigger character arc.

Booker has just as much backstory (if not more) than Marston does. The game just doesn't force feed it to you. On top of that, Booker changes more over the course of the game than Marston does. Most of Marston's arc happens before the game starts.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] What makes Marston deeper? They have the same damn character arc.

More backstory, bigger character arc.

Booker has just as much backstory (if not more) than Marston does. The game just doesn't force feed it to you. On top of that, Booker changes more over the course of the game than Marston does. Most of Marston's arc happens before the game starts.

No, he doesn't. Bookers backstory is vague and not explored other than the fact, unlike Phelps who is explored at the fact in his backstory. Booker is a good character, yeah, but he is not an all time great. And most of Marstons arc does not happen before the game starts. Marston simply has more to chew on. And the characters OTHER than Booker and Liz do lack depth and development. Comstock is no Andrew Ryan...hell, he is not as deep as Sofia Lamb. Daisy is another underdevloped character. Hell Grace Holloway, a one level character in Bioshock 2, is deeper than Daisy. And most Bioshock 2 characters are deeper than Infinite's. Hell Minerva;s Den characters are deeper than Infinite's. And Booker isn;t even the deepest Bioshock PROTAGONIST....that distinction goes to Subject Sigma or Charles Milton Porter.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#239 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Booker is about as interesting as a brick wall. Why do people like him? He barely says anything for starters, remains painfully neutral on other things or just gives out nothing lines. At least Marston is absolutely hilarious frequently.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Booker is not as deep as Cole Phelps texasgoldrush

For the love of IQ, please stop posting.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#241 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Bioshock Infinite is game of the f*cking generation and will be remembered as the standard for a lot of games for a bloody long time. 'S fact,
Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
Bioshock Infinite is game of the f*cking generation and will be remembered as the standard for a lot of games for a bloody long time. 'S fact,ShadowsDemon
no
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 mems_1224
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Bioshock Infinite is game of the f*cking generation and will be remembered as the standard for a lot of games for a bloody long time. 'S fact,ShoulderOfOrion
no

yes
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 ShoulderOfOrion

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Bioshock Infinite is game of the f*cking generation and will be remembered as the standard for a lot of games for a bloody long time. 'S fact,mems_1224
no

yes

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 musalala

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Bioshock Infinite is game of the f*cking generation and will be remembered as the standard for a lot of games for a bloody long time. 'S fact,ShoulderOfOrion
no

I think it is I can"t really think of any other game thats this fully realised.On multiple levels it excells, technical, narrative, gameplay,sound voice acting I can't think of any other game that does all these things well, maybe witcher 2.

ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 ShoulderOfOrion

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Bioshock Infinite is game of the f*cking generation and will be remembered as the standard for a lot of games for a bloody long time. 'S fact,musalala

no

I think it is I can"t really think of any other game thats this fully realised.On multiple levels it excells, technical, narrative, gameplay,sound voice acting I can't think of any other game that does all these things well, maybe witcher 2.

Well, for me at least, a shooter as linear as this, I expect the combat to be tighter and more satisfying to play overall. That's not to say it's not already great, but not game of the gen level great. Definitely not.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 mems_1224
[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"] noShoulderOfOrion

Well, for me at least, a shooter as linear as this, I expect the combat to be tighter and more satisfying to play overall. That's not to say it's not already great, but not game of the gen level great. Definitely not.

What was wrong with the combat? It was way better than the first Bioshock
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 ShoulderOfOrion

What was wrong with the combat? It was way better than the first Bioshockmems_1224
Like that's hard to pull off.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]What was wrong with the combat? It was way better than the first BioshockShoulderOfOrion

You didnt answer my question
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 ShoulderOfOrion
[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]What was wrong with the combat? It was way better than the first Bioshockmems_1224

You didnt answer my question

Like I said it's just not as tight as I'd like it to be, or for a game of the gen. AI is problematic at times, guns don't feel as good as they could, some of the vigors are just useless, some enemies feel like complete bullet sponges.