Bioshock Infinite A game with so much potential,yet fails to reach it (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] I didn't drag ME3 into this...mems did.

No, pretty sure you're imagining things

Nope, you brought up Jennifer Hale to diss Mass Effect.

I merely pointed out that Jennifer Hale was way more interesting in Infinite than she ever was in Mass Effect. Not my fault if that enraged you.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#152 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14943 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Its pretty ridiculous

Nope, its not. The Asari mate using the other to map the genes of their offspring. They are asexual otherwise. They get no DNA from another. Its all explained and its far from ridiculous.

That sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Less ridiculous than the concept of merging memories in Infinite.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] No, pretty sure you're imagining things

Nope, you brought up Jennifer Hale to diss Mass Effect.

I merely pointed out that Jennifer Hale was way more interesting in Infinite than she ever was in Mass Effect. Not my fault if that enraged you.

but you brought it up...so techinically, I didn;t bring it up.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Nope, its not. The Asari mate using the other to map the genes of their offspring. They are asexual otherwise. They get no DNA from another. Its all explained and its far from ridiculous.

That sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Nah, that actually makes sense.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Nope, you brought up Jennifer Hale to diss Mass Effect.

but you brought it up...so techinically, I didn;t bring it up.

You ran with it. Dont blame me because you get mad.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] It wasn't meaningless in Bioshock 2.texasgoldrush
Who cares? Bioshock 2 was sh!t.

Its better written than either of Levine's Bioshocks and has the most gameplay options than Infinite. Oh and Minerva's Den is far better written than Infinite as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Read the codex or the lore, its not ridiculous.texasgoldrush
Its pretty ridiculous

Nope, its not. The Asari mate using the other to map the genes of their offspring. They are asexual otherwise. They get no DNA from another. Its all explained and its far from ridiculous.

I pretty certain it was you you came in here spouting your usuall this "game is sh*t" which every single person in systemwars under the sun tranlates to mean " "its not as good as my beloved mass effect 3" and by the way Bioshock infinite is better rated tha mass effect 3 by both users and professional reviews and so using  your own logic does this means bishock infinte is better? Because you love shoving in peoples faces how mass effect 3 is highly rated as proof of its genius.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]That sounds pretty ridiculous to me. mems_1224

No, its not, its faulty inner logic. The plot holes still stand. That entire universe of the Vox taking over involves a serious plot hole that even its ridiculous inner logic can't cover.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Its pretty ridiculous musalala

I pretty certain it was you you came in here spouting your usuall this "game is sh*t" which every single person in systemwars under the sun tranlates to mean " "its not as good as my beloved mass effect 3" and by the way Bioshock infinite is better rated tha mass effect 3 by both users and professional reviews and so using  your own logic does this means bishock infinte is better? Because you love shoving in peoples faces how mass effect 3 is highly rated as proof of its genius.

Gameplay wise, and combat wise, Infinite is indeed better...but storywise, it simply isn't.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Who cares? Bioshock 2 was sh!t.DarkLink77

Its better written than either of Levine's Bioshocks and has the most gameplay options than Infinite. Oh and Minerva's Den is far better written than Infinite as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess you did not play Bioshock 2.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Less ridiculous than the concept of merging memories in Infinite.

No, its not, its faulty inner logic. The plot holes still stand. That entire universe of the Vox taking over involves a serious plot hole that even its ridiculous inner logic can't cover.

The Vox never take over.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 mems_1224
[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Nope, its not. The Asari mate using the other to map the genes of their offspring. They are asexual otherwise. They get no DNA from another. Its all explained and its far from ridiculous.texasgoldrush

Gameplay wise, and combat wise, Infinite is indeed better...but storywise, it simply isn't.

It definitely is. There is no character in the Mass Effect universe as interesting or awesome as Elizabeth.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]Nah, that actually makes sense.mems_1224

The Vox never take over.

Then why is the entire city on fire, why are the pro-founders leaving, why are the most prominent Founder leaders other than Comstock already scalped?
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="musalala"]

mems_1224

It definitely is. There is no character in the Mass Effect universe as interesting or awesome as Elizabeth.

Elizabeth is the only truly great thing in Infinite's narrative.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 musalala

Anyway has anyone finished 1999 mode what is the best approach, I 'm thinking upgrading muder of crows, damage+ on hand cannon and sniper and rocking the invinsibilty gear and maybe the 40% chance  killing enemies give salts. sound good ?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Its better written than either of Levine's Bioshocks and has the most gameplay options than Infinite. Oh and Minerva's Den is far better written than Infinite as well.texasgoldrush

I did. It was sh!t.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Gameplay wise, and combat wise, Infinite is indeed better...but storywise, it simply isn't.

And Booker. And the world building. And the twist. And everything, really. As opposed to Mass Effect 3's narrative which is a complete and utter mess.
Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Elizabeth is the only truly great thing in Infinite's narrative.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 mems_1224
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] It definitely is. There is no character in the Mass Effect universe as interesting or awesome as Elizabeth.

And Booker. And the world building. And the twist. And everything, really. As opposed to Mass Effect 3's narrative which is a complete and utter mess.

Booker was awesome. The Luteces were great too, the back and forth between them every time you see them is funny.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 musalala

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] It definitely is. There is no character in the Mass Effect universe as interesting or awesome as Elizabeth. DarkLink77

The thing I loved about infinites story is with multiple play throughs you discover  new dimensions to the overall story, it truly is multilayered narrative. With mass effect well not so much

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Elizabeth is the only truly great thing in Infinite's narrative.

Booker was awesome. The Luteces were great too, the back and forth between them every time you see them is funny.

Booker DeWitt is one of the most complex and interesting protagonists the medium has ever produced.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

I did. It was sh!t.

Well guess what, Infinite recycles the plot of Bioshock 2 and Elizabeth is a recycled Eleanor Lamb. Lets see......a father figure (Delta, Booker) must find his daughter figure (Eleanor, Elizabeth) before they are forced into their crazy religious parent figure's (Sofia Lamb, Comstock) plan against their will. The torture scene of Elizabeth....Bioshock 2 called, they want their scene back. Sofia does the same thing to Eleanor. So basically Infinite is Bioshock 2 in the sky, with more conveniance writing, theme abandonment, a deus ex machina.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Elizabeth is the only truly great thing in Infinite's narrative.musalala

The thing I loved about infinites story is with multiple play throughs you discover  new dimensions to the overall story, it truly is multilayered narrative. With mass effect well not so much

and the new dimensions I found were plot holes.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 musalala

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Elizabeth is the only truly great thing in Infinite's narrative.mems_1224

the luteces are so awesome again playing through multiple times you undertsand how truly awesome, "he doesnt row" what do you mean he doesn't"..I mean he doesn't ROW"

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 mems_1224
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] And Booker. And the world building. And the twist. And everything, really. As opposed to Mass Effect 3's narrative which is a complete and utter mess.

Booker DeWitt is one of the most complex and interesting protagonists the medium has ever produced.

Its a shame that the commander shepards in over 90 hours of gameplay dont come close to being as interesting or complex as Booker in 10 hours.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] And Booker. And the world building. And the twist. And everything, really. As opposed to Mass Effect 3's narrative which is a complete and utter mess.

Wrong, Booker has no depth at all....whats his backstory at Wounded Knee? What was his sin that lead to his baptism? Never explains this.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] I guess you did not play Bioshock 2.texasgoldrush
I did. It was sh!t.

Well guess what, Infinite recycles the plot of Bioshock 2 and Elizabeth is a recycled Eleanor Lamb. Lets see......a father figure (Delta, Booker) must find his daughter figure (Eleanor, Elizabeth) before they are forced into their crazy religious parent figure's (Sofia Lamb, Comstock) plan against their will. The torture scene of Elizabeth....Bioshock 2 called, they want their scene back. Sofia does the same thing to Eleanor. So basically Infinite is Bioshock 2 in the sky, with more conveniance writing, theme abandonment, a deus ex machina.

Nonsense, nonsense, and nonsense.

Bioshock 2 makes huge retcons to make its story work, so nope.

Theme abadonment doesn't exist in Infinite because the theme you so desperately want to impose on the narrative (Elizabeth is a redemptive force who doesn't kill people) isn't there, so nope.

There is no deus ex machina in Infinite. You really need to learn what words mean before you use them.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Vaasman  Online
Member since 2008 • 15591 Posts

Why anyone is arguing with Casey Hudson's dicksleeve at this point is beyond me.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] I guess you did not play Bioshock 2.

I did. It was sh!t.

Using your logic Mass Effect is basically Halo with a dating simulator.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Booker was awesome. The Luteces were great too, the back and forth between them every time you see them is funny.

Its a shame that the commander shepards in over 90 hours of gameplay dont come close to being as interesting or complex as Booker in 10 hours.

Commander Shepard is going to be a more iconic character than Booker will ever be.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 mems_1224
[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] And Booker. And the world building. And the twist. And everything, really. As opposed to Mass Effect 3's narrative which is a complete and utter mess.texasgoldrush

Then you clearly dont know what a plot hole is.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 musalala

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] I guess you did not play Bioshock 2.texasgoldrush
I did. It was sh!t.

:lol: dude you really want to call out Levine as someone who recycles themes/story/characters when bioware writers are the masters of this science...again classic biodrone hypocrisy

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Booker DeWitt is one of the most complex and interesting protagonists the medium has ever produced.

Commander Shepard is going to be a more iconic character than Booker will ever be.

Nah, Booker is the best protagonist this gen.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I did. It was sh!t.musalala

:lol: dude you really want to call out Levine as someone who recycles themes/story/characters when bioware writers are the masters of this science...again classic biodrone hypocrisy

and yet, I called Bioware out on it.......see my criticisms of Dragon Age Origins.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="musalala"]

mems_1224

No, you clearly do not want to accept them.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and the new dimensions I found were plot holes.

You mean like you and the plot holes in Mass Effect? Makes sense.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Its a shame that the commander shepards in over 90 hours of gameplay dont come close to being as interesting or complex as Booker in 10 hours.

No, John Marston is.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Well guess what, Infinite recycles the plot of Bioshock 2 and Elizabeth is a recycled Eleanor Lamb. Lets see......a father figure (Delta, Booker) must find his daughter figure (Eleanor, Elizabeth) before they are forced into their crazy religious parent figure's (Sofia Lamb, Comstock) plan against their will. The torture scene of Elizabeth....Bioshock 2 called, they want their scene back. Sofia does the same thing to Eleanor. So basically Infinite is Bioshock 2 in the sky, with more conveniance writing, theme abandonment, a deus ex machina.texasgoldrush

and yet, I called Bioware out on it.......see my criticisms of Dragon Age Origins.

And mass efferct 3?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Booker was awesome. The Luteces were great too, the back and forth between them every time you see them is funny. texasgoldrush

Wrong, Booker has no depth at all....whats his backstory at Wounded Knee? What was his sin that lead to his baptism? Never explains this.

He murdered dozens of Indians, including women and children. It's explained. Props for not paying attention.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Commander Shepard is going to be a more iconic character than Booker will ever be.

No, John Marston is.

John Marston is a racist.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]Then you clearly dont know what a plot hole is. mems_1224

and yet, they are fixed. The only plot holes that remain are related to who is C-Sec's chief executor. There are clear contradictions here....but its a minor plot hole.
Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] No, John Marston is.

John Marston is a racist.

lol
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 musalala

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]Then you clearly dont know what a plot hole is. mems_1224

If we want to get technically mass effect has no plotholes they are akin to  giant blackholes where logic and good narrative dissapear into never to heard of again

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Booker DeWitt is one of the most complex and interesting protagonists the medium has ever produced.DarkLink77

He murdered dozens of Indians, including women and children. It's explained. Props for not paying attention.

Vaguely mentioned....I was paying attention. Why couldn't he explain this in more detail with Elizabeth?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] No, you clearly do not want to accept them.

and yet, they are fixed. The only plot holes that remain are related to who is C-Sec's chief executor. There are clear contradictions here....but its a minor plot hole.

Copping out and slightly changing them doesnt change the bad taste the original endings left in millions of players' mouths. The creepy buzz aldrin section doesn't help either.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]You mean like you and the plot holes in Mass Effect? Makes sense. mems_1224

Copping out and slightly changing them doesnt change the bad taste the original endings left in millions of players' mouths. The creepy buzz aldrin section doesn't help either.

and yet the silent majority are content with the new endings....
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 musalala

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Wrong, Booker has no depth at all....whats his backstory at Wounded Knee? What was his sin that lead to his baptism? Never explains this.texasgoldrush

Vaguely mentioned....I was paying attention. Why couldn't he explain this in more detail with Elizabeth?

Its not vageuly mentioned WTF?! now you are just making sh*t up in desperation. He went to get baptised to wash away that sin, not to mention slate explains it quite plainly. 

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 mems_1224
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Wrong, Booker has no depth at all....whats his backstory at Wounded Knee? What was his sin that lead to his baptism? Never explains this.texasgoldrush

Because its obviously something he doesn't want to face. Were you even paying attention?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Vaguely mentioned? You mean how Slate all but says it in those words and numerous Voxophones tell you? Yeah, vaguely mentioned. :roll:

So you admit you were wrong? Cool.

Why would he tell her that? She has enough issue trusting him as it is. "Oh, by the way, I'm a mass murderer." Yeah, that'll go over well. Besides, she knows at the end anyway.

You wanna talk about protagonists with no depth? Commander Shepard.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 musalala

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and yet, they are fixed. The only plot holes that remain are related to who is C-Sec's chief executor. There are clear contradictions here....but its a minor plot hole.texasgoldrush

and yet the silent majority are content with the new endings....

No they are not.