Bioshock Infinite A game with so much potential,yet fails to reach it (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="nutcrackr"] He's just refusing to accept made up explanations.

Then again this argument will go nowhere. Those who believe in Infinite's story will spin something that fits. And they can because the dimension / time travelling / merger stuff can allow for just about anything.

texasgoldrush

Maybe, but when he defends ME3 to the death he looks like a hypocrite. I mean lazer light show is like the biggest cop out for sometime. 

Because ME3 is not as flawed storywise. Because its alsmost all explained. Yes, there is the Lazarus Project and maybe Synthesis that are kind of wild.....but it does a great job compared to other space operas to not get totally ridiculous.

:lol: ME3 is incredibly flawed story wise
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#102 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14944 Posts
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

Maybe, but when he defends ME3 to the death he looks like a hypocrite. I mean lazer light show is like the biggest cop out for sometime. 

mems_1224
Because ME3 is not as flawed storywise. Because its alsmost all explained. Yes, there is the Lazarus Project and maybe Synthesis that are kind of wild.....but it does a great job compared to other space operas to not get totally ridiculous.

How? Other than the original ending lacking depth...how?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Because ME3 is not as flawed storywise. Because its alsmost all explained. Yes, there is the Lazarus Project and maybe Synthesis that are kind of wild.....but it does a great job compared to other space operas to not get totally ridiculous.

The original ending was filled with so many plot holes that they had to go back and redo it.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] :lol: ME3 is incredibly flawed story wise

The original ending was filled with so many plot holes that they had to go back and redo it.

Not so much plot holes, but a very underdeveloped ending that left everthing vague.....but they fixed it. What else?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] How? Other than the original ending lacking depth...how?

Not so much plot holes, but a very underdeveloped ending that left everthing vague.....but they fixed it. What else?

They "fixed" it but it was still pretty bad. Talk about a cop out.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] The original ending was filled with so many plot holes that they had to go back and redo it.

No, it wasn't a cop out.....it dealt with dilemmas and themes all throughout ME3.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Not so much plot holes, but a very underdeveloped ending that left everthing vague.....but they fixed it. What else?texasgoldrush

No, it wasn't a cop out.....it dealth with dilemmas and themes all throughout ME3.

Akael_Bayn-choices-abc.png

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]They "fixed" it but it was still pretty bad. Talk about a cop out. mems_1224

No, it wasn't a cop out.....it dealth with dilemmas and themes all throughout ME3.

And Bioshock Infinite didn't overhype its features and promise the moon...like choice?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] No, it wasn't a cop out.....it dealth with dilemmas and themes all throughout ME3.texasgoldrush

And Bioshock Infinite didn't overhype its features and promise the moon...like choice?

I dont recall them hyping up choice in the story. Ken Levine has said in multiple interviews that they had a specific story to tell. The game definitely gives you plenty of choices in how to approach combat.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]

mems_1224

I dont recall them hyping up choice in the story. Ken Levine has said in multiple interviews that they had a specific story to tell. The game definitely gives you plenty of choices in how to approach combat.

Things like you can revist areas like you could in the first two Bioshocks....not true......The game isn't going to be heavily scripted....ummmm, not true. Its quite funny that they had to show th emoment, Battleship Bay, with Liz being the most alive, but they overhyped Liz interacting with her environment bigtime. She is scripted most of th egame.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And Bioshock Infinite didn't overhype its features and promise the moon...like choice?

Things like you can revist areas like you could in the first two Bioshocks....not true......The game isn't going to be heavily scripted....ummmm, not true. Its quite funny that they had to show th emoment, Battleship Bay, with Liz being the most alive, but they overhyped Liz interacting with her environment bigtime. She is scripted most of th egame.

Do you have links to where they claimed all this?
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] I dont recall them hyping up choice in the story. Ken Levine has said in multiple interviews that they had a specific story to tell. The game definitely gives you plenty of choices in how to approach combat.

Its all on wikipedia, but sourced, and should be deleted because its not true. All claimed in 2010 or 2011 but it seems that Levine simply couldn't impliment them. And they did not have something drastic like the entire script of the game being leaked 5 months early to excuse themselves.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Things like you can revist areas like you could in the first two Bioshocks....not true......The game isn't going to be heavily scripted....ummmm, not true. Its quite funny that they had to show th emoment, Battleship Bay, with Liz being the most alive, but they overhyped Liz interacting with her environment bigtime. She is scripted most of th egame.

Its all on wikipedia, but sourced, and should be deleted because its not true. All claimed in 2010 or 2011 but it seems that Levine simply couldn't impliment them. And they did not have something drastic like the entire script of the game being leaked 5 months early to excuse themselves.

Making a claim about what your game can do 2-3 years before it launches isn't the same as lying about it the months and days leading up to release. Most games are completely different from their early versions, thats nothing new
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Do you have links to where they claimed all this?

Making a claim about what your game can do 2-3 years before it launches isn't the same as lying about it the months and days leading up to release. Most games are completely different from their early versions, thats nothing new

And did the script of ME3 not leak months before release and bioware said they were going to make changes?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Its all on wikipedia, but sourced, and should be deleted because its not true. All claimed in 2010 or 2011 but it seems that Levine simply couldn't impliment them. And they did not have something drastic like the entire script of the game being leaked 5 months early to excuse themselves.

And did the script of ME3 not leak months before release and bioware said they were going to make changes?

They still lied.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Its all on wikipedia, but sourced, and should be deleted because its not true. All claimed in 2010 or 2011 but it seems that Levine simply couldn't impliment them. And they did not have something drastic like the entire script of the game being leaked 5 months early to excuse themselves.

Obviously they didnt because the game still had a crap space magic ending.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Making a claim about what your game can do 2-3 years before it launches isn't the same as lying about it the months and days leading up to release. Most games are completely different from their early versions, thats nothing new

Once again, Vendetta explains what happens in the end and why the Citadel is important. Its a mass relay coordinator and a dark energy amplifier...its all in the narrative. The only "space magic" is perhaps synthesis.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And did the script of ME3 not leak months before release and bioware said they were going to make changes?

Once again, Vendetta explains what happens in the end and why the Citadel is important.

Once again, the game only let you choose if you wanted red, green or blue space magic for your ending. each with slight, insignificant differences
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Making a claim about what your game can do 2-3 years before it launches isn't the same as lying about it the months and days leading up to release. Most games are completely different from their early versions, thats nothing new

They still lied.

And so did CD Project Red when it came to TW2 endings....and they went back and fixed them as well. Fallout 3 and there 200+ endings? Nope Get used to it, companies overhype.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Obviously they didnt because the game still had a crap space magic ending.

Once again, Vendetta explains what happens in the end and why the Citadel is important.

Once again, the game only let you choose if you wanted red, green or blue space magic for your ending. each with slight, insignificant differences

Wow, insignificant differences....did you not even pay attention to the narrative?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Once again, Vendetta explains what happens in the end and why the Citadel is important.

Wow, insignificant differences....did you not even pay attention to the narrative?

Sure did. It was a big letdown.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Once again, the game only let you choose if you wanted red, green or blue space magic for your ending. each with slight, insignificant differences

So explain to me how destroying all synthetic life and the Reapers is insignificantly different from say, controlling them? You see, you can't name a flaw in ME3 without mentioning the original ending.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Wow, insignificant differences....did you not even pay attention to the narrative?

So explain to me how destroying all synthetic life and the Reapers is insignificantly different from say, controlling them?

Because no matter what happened the relays are destroyed and everyone is screwed.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Sure did. It was a big letdown.

So explain to me how destroying all synthetic life and the Reapers is insignificantly different from say, controlling them?

Because no matter what happened the relays are destroyed and everyone is screwed.

and that complaint is so March 2012.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] So explain to me how destroying all synthetic life and the Reapers is insignificantly different from say, controlling them?

Yea, before they copped out and made slight changes to the endings.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Because no matter what happened the relays are destroyed and everyone is screwed.

And you realize that many aspects of the extended cut were pre-leak ideas restored? Lesson learned is don't leak.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and that complaint is so March 2012.

And you realize that many aspects of the extended cut were pre-leak ideas restored? Lesson learned is don't leak.

lesson should have been not to make a crappy ending with space magic instead.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Yea, before they copped out and made slight changes to the endings.

like Bioshock Infinite...lol...thats more space magic than ME3's ending. And I guess you missed the part where Vendetta called the Citadel a dark energy amplifier and coordinates the relays.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And you realize that many aspects of the extended cut were pre-leak ideas restored? Lesson learned is don't leak.

like Bioshock Infinite...lol...thats more space magic than ME3's ending. And I guess you missed the part where Vendetta called the Citadel a dark energy amplifier and coordinates the relays.

There was no space magic in bioshock infinte. It was a pretty clear ending.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#130 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

I was not dissapointed at all, one of the best gaming experience  this gen , I really can't think of any critisism for it, bearing in mind that I only have a passing aquinatce with the system shock games so maybe that kinda invalidates my statement. One amazing thing though, I played it 3 times and everytime I find new revelations That I previously missed.My final playthrough is 1999 mode which is brutal...I find my self running away from enemies and experincing joy unspeakable when I discover health on a fallen enemy or carefully leaving salt bottles and health when MY stas are 100% and backtracking to  get them if I need them. I am not looking foward to battling the handymen or that insane final sequence.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And did the script of ME3 not leak months before release and bioware said they were going to make changes?

They still lied.

And so did CD Project Red when it came to TW2 endings....and they went back and fixed them as well. Fallout 3 and there 200+ endings? Nope Get used to it, companies overhype.

I don't care, personally, because Irrational didn't promise me player choice. I was actually ecstatic that Infinite didn't have much of it, because it's largely meaningless in video games.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] lesson should have been not to make a crappy ending with space magic instead.

No, the entire thing was space magic...remember me saying that the entire inner logic of the game is ridiculous.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] They still lied.

I don't care, personally, because Irrational didn't promise me player choice. I was actually ecstatic that Infinite didn't have much of it, because it's largely meaningless in video games.

It wasn't meaningless in Bioshock 2.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 mems_1224
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] They still lied.

This. I would rather have an enjoyable story than one filled with shallow choices.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] like Bioshock Infinite...lol...thats more space magic than ME3's ending. And I guess you missed the part where Vendetta called the Citadel a dark energy amplifier and coordinates the relays.

No, the entire thing was space magic...remember me saying that the entire inner logic of the game is ridiculous.

No, its not. The game explains everything
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And so did CD Project Red when it came to TW2 endings....and they went back and fixed them as well. Fallout 3 and there 200+ endings? Nope Get used to it, companies overhype.

Who cares? Bioshock 2 was sh!t.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] There was no space magic in bioshock infinte. It was a pretty clear ending.

It tires, but that doesn't mean its not ridiculous......notice I said the ENTIRE INNER LOGIC of the game.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] There was no space magic in bioshock infinte. It was a pretty clear ending.

He doesn't like it, therefore it's space magic. /texasgoldrushlogic
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] No, the entire thing was space magic...remember me saying that the entire inner logic of the game is ridiculous.

It tires, but that doesn't mean its not ridiculous......notice I said the ENTIRE INNER LOGIC of the game.

Nah, its fine
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] No, the entire thing was space magic...remember me saying that the entire inner logic of the game is ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than blue alien women who have sex with everything.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I don't care, personally, because Irrational didn't promise me player choice. I was actually ecstatic that Infinite didn't have much of it, because it's largely meaningless in video games.

Who cares? Bioshock 2 was sh!t.

Its better written than either of Levine's Bioshocks and has the most gameplay options than Infinite. Oh and Minerva's Den is far better written than Infinite as well.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 mems_1224
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] No, its not. The game explains everything

not just sex but MIND sex
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#143 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

f*ckin texasgoldrush.....Mother of God can we not have a discussion without you dragging in Mass effect 3? We get it you are buthurt that everyone is fawning over infinite and not your precious mass effect 3.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] No, its not. The game explains everything

Read the codex or the lore, its not ridiculous.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] It tires, but that doesn't mean its not ridiculous......notice I said the ENTIRE INNER LOGIC of the game.

Its pretty ridiculous
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 texasgoldrush

f*ckin texasgoldrush.....Mother of God can we not have a discussion without you dragging in Mass effect 3? We get it you are buthurt that everyone is fawning over infinite and not your precious mass effect 3.

musalala
I didn't drag ME3 into this...mems did.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 mems_1224
[QUOTE="musalala"]

texasgoldrush

No, pretty sure you're imagining things
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] No more ridiculous than blue alien women who have sex with everything.

Its pretty ridiculous

Nope, its not. The Asari mate using the other to map the genes of their offspring. They are asexual otherwise. They get no DNA from another. Its all explained and its far from ridiculous.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="musalala"]

mems_1224

No, pretty sure you're imagining things

Nope, you brought up Jennifer Hale to diss Mass Effect.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Read the codex or the lore, its not ridiculous.

Its pretty ridiculous

Nope, its not. The Asari mate using the other to map the genes of their offspring. They are asexual otherwise. They get no DNA from another. Its all explained and its far from ridiculous.

That sounds pretty ridiculous to me.