Battlefield 3 360 Outsells > PS3 + PC combined

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61550 Posts

No doubt that the numbers are not accurate. Doesn't accurately account for digital sales. But we can't honestly ignore the fact that BF3 was catered more for newcomers, then paying tribute to BF2 and the fans. Let's face it. That's the truth. But if BF3 is fun, then it's all gravy, I guess. I get a Bad Company + MOH2010 vibe from it, more so than BF2. Just sayin'. :)Elann2008

It is what it is. I still enjoy it, which is the good thing :P

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
And Dice down talking console versions to try and win back PC hearts....Ouchproxy-served
You work for Activision or something?
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I couldn't give a flying crap which version sold best. I do however give a crap which version is the best and that is PC.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts
I dont think pc gamers want to admit that the console version did more... I guess the next time DICE wants to favor one fanbase they will actually go for the one who buys their games the most
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lundy86_4

I dont think pc gamers want to admit that the console version did more... I guess the next time DICE wants to favor one fanbase they will actually go for the one who buys their gamesfueled-system

If these numbers are even remotely accurate, that's 500,000 for hard copies alone. Not too shabby, considering it also only accounts for the end of the month.

If you're gonna lay in a dig, at least have all the information on hand to help you out ;)

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
[QUOTE="fueled-system"]I dont think pc gamers want to admit that the console version did more... I guess the next time DICE wants to favor one fanbase they will actually go for the one who buys their games the most

Oh look its console-system-...er i mean fueled-system :roll:
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 fueled-system
[QUOTE="kris9031998"][QUOTE="fueled-system"]I dont think pc gamers want to admit that the console version did more... I guess the next time DICE wants to favor one fanbase they will actually go for the one who buys their games the most

I am on a pc playing a pc game right now... I am a person who deals in the world of facts.. A simple activity check on the number online for ps360/pc would tell you 360 has double the number pc has right now
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#58 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Not counting PC DD again.

You also should know that PC games never have very high day one sales except for a few Blizzard games. They sell far better over their lives. That is why BC2 outsold the consoles combined after awhile. Thanks to DD and PC games selling well over their lives.

Wasdie
I agree - a lot of PC gamers wait for sales on DD websites.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11699 Posts
[QUOTE="fueled-system"]I dont think pc gamers want to admit that the console version did more... I guess the next time DICE wants to favor one fanbase they will actually go for the one who buys their games the most

So the PC again? Because Bad Company 2 sold more on PC than Xbox 360 or PS3.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

What the hell TC?

These are VG chartz numbers!

Quit being a troll.

They are NOT representative of anything.

proxy-served

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 proxy-served
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Dice saw this coming. But the only thing they can do is down talk console versions. That still didn't help...it seems. Truth is right in front of you. No need getting mad
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 fueled-system
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="fueled-system"]I dont think pc gamers want to admit that the console version did more... I guess the next time DICE wants to favor one fanbase they will actually go for the one who buys their games the most

This is battlefield 3 not bad company 2 although I can see similarities
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

There's probably 200% more sales for digital over retail. Maybe more.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lundy86_4

Dice saw this coming. But the only thing they can do is down talk console versions. That still didn't help...it seems. Truth is right in front of you. No need getting madproxy-served

*Yawn*

What a ridiculous troll attempt.

Anyway, no digital numbers, then no accurate numbers. Sorry.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="fueled-system"] I am a person who deals in the world of facts..

That's why you can't see the fact this doesn't count DD.
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#66 iamrob7
Member since 2007 • 2138 Posts

http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/battlefield-3-xbox-360-sales-top-playstation-3-and-pc-combined/ 360 - 2.2m PS3 - 1.5m PC - 500,000 (LOL) So the worst version outsells the definite versions lolproxy-served

Doesn't count PC Digital which amounts to 70% and probbaly more for this game. Irrelevant numbers.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ShadowDeathX
[QUOTE="fueled-system"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="fueled-system"]I dont think pc gamers want to admit that the console version did more... I guess the next time DICE wants to favor one fanbase they will actually go for the one who buys their games the most

This is battlefield 3 not bad company 2 although I can see similarities

Because First Week sales are the only thing that matters... >.>
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 fueled-system

[QUOTE="proxy-served"]Dice saw this coming. But the only thing they can do is down talk console versions. That still didn't help...it seems. Truth is right in front of you. No need getting madlundy86_4

*Yawn*

Can Battlefield look at how many users are online? If so compare the numbers RIGHT NOW of pc users online, 360 users online, ps3 users online... and the facts will be right in front of you
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Third party trackers = VG chartz

No seriously, we had this BS just yesterday.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Kinthalis

People, ignore the troll.

These are Vg Chartz numbers.

How many threads have started this way already?

Eberyone knows VG charts polls a handful of gamers soming out of gamestop and extrapolates.

THEY DO NOT TRACK ANY ACTUAL NUMBERS. It's a friggin poll. Remember the 2 election ago and people making guesses based on polls? And that was a mroe comprehensive poll if anything!

Gabe Newell said that Portal 2 PC did better than console. According to VG chats xbox 360 alone sold like 10 times more than PC.

When it was announced that the Witcher 2 PC had sold over a million copies, VG chartz said it had sold 80,000 units.

They are inaccurate when it comes to console numbers, they are LAUGHABLY wrong when it comes to PC numbers.

But we all know this already! quit feeding the troll.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lundy86_4

Can Battlefield look at how many users are online? If so compare the numbers RIGHT NOW of pc users online, 360 users online, ps3 users online... and the facts will be right in front of youfueled-system

I don't play the PC version, and I have yet to see it for the 360 version, so i'm not sure.

Anyway, when is concurrent users online indicative of total sales? Do you have some way to determine total sales from that? Furthermore, who says that it's accurate, as there could be a lul in the number of users, and it could have been substantially higher (especially at this time).

They don't have DD numbers, thus the numbers aren't accurate. Does that make sense to you?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="fueled-system"] I am a person who deals in the world of facts.. millerlight89
That's why you can't see the fact this doesn't count DD.

Not to mention this is according to third party trackers, which obviously means VG Chartz, which is incredibly wrong.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#73 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
You got the information from vgcharts. Vgcharts doesn't include digital orders, non-US orders or online orders (from sites like Amazon).
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Kinthalis

You got the information from vgcharts. Vgcharts doesn't include digital orders, non-US orders or online orders (from sites like Amazon).GhoX

Nor does it include retail.

It doesn't include ANY ACTUAL NUMBERS.

They poll a few gamers coming from out of gamestops. That's all they do.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="proxy-served"]Dice saw this coming. But the only thing they can do is down talk console versions. That still didn't help...it seems. Truth is right in front of you. No need getting madfueled-system

*Yawn*

Can Battlefield look at how many users are online? If so compare the numbers RIGHT NOW of pc users online, 360 users online, ps3 users online... and the facts will be right in front of you

Players =/= sales.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 fueled-system

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]Can Battlefield look at how many users are online? If so compare the numbers RIGHT NOW of pc users online, 360 users online, ps3 users online... and the facts will be right in front of youlundy86_4

I don't play the PC version, and I have yet to see it for the 360 version, so i'm not sure.

Anyway, when is concurrent users online indicative of total sales? Do you have some way to determine total sales from that? Furthermore, who says that it's accurate, as there could be a lul in the number of users, and it could have been substantially higher (especially at this time).

They don't have DD numbers, thus the numbers aren't accurate. Does that make sense to you?

My point is if there is a good 100k higher that would be a clear indication that one sold more
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]Can Battlefield look at how many users are online? If so compare the numbers RIGHT NOW of pc users online, 360 users online, ps3 users online... and the facts will be right in front of youfueled-system

My point is if there is a good 100k higher that would be a clear indication that one sold more

My point is, that what you say isn't necessarily true. Maybe if you took an average of readings taken over a few days, including the busy spots. Then, maybe, you'd have a slight indication. However, what you're talking about is open to a variety of misgivings.

Anyway, this does not include DD, thus it is not accurate.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 -Unreal-
[QUOTE="fueled-system"][QUOTE="kris9031998"][QUOTE="fueled-system"]I dont think pc gamers want to admit that the console version did more... I guess the next time DICE wants to favor one fanbase they will actually go for the one who buys their games the most

I am on a pc playing a pc game right now... I am a person who deals in the world of facts.. A simple activity check on the number online for ps360/pc would tell you 360 has double the number pc has right now

World of Warcraft alone probably has more people playing than Xbox Live. And it's subscription based.
cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 cobrax55
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]Can Battlefield look at how many users are online? If so compare the numbers RIGHT NOW of pc users online, 360 users online, ps3 users online... and the facts will be right in front of youfueled-system

no, not at all. Comparing numbers at an exact point is foolish as unlike Consoles, most of the PC gaming community now comes from the european market, which means that the numbers are gonna fluctuate widely over time.

mike_on_mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#80 mike_on_mic
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
I really don't see what that means other than a lot of XBOX360 fans like the game. Does it mean it better on the 360, or not. nope.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 NoodleFighter  Online
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

Wow all these consolites in denial when PC gamers pointed out the obvious of the sales :lol:

$12 says soon as MW3 is out Xbox 360 and PS3 sales for Bf3 will start dying.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ShadowDeathX

Wow all these consolites in denial when PC gamers pointed out the obvious of the sales :lol:

$12 says soon as MW3 is out Xbox 360 and PS3 sales for Bf3 will start dying.

NoodleFighter

Well about 60% of Xbox LIVE gamers who are playing a game are playing a Call of Duty game and 55% on Playstation 3. So you are correct. Call of Duty boxes.

"Kotick told UK news paper the Financial Times that he reckons that 60 percent of Xbox Live Gold users pay their subscriptions primarily to play Call of Duty and he says Activision wants in on the action."

In the end and the most interesting part is;

To that end Kotick said he wants to help PC's widen their gaming appeal so that Activision can provide "more value" to their fans.

He continued: "PCs have long been used for online play, but PC gaming remains niche when the games industry needs to widen its appeal. We have always been platform agnostic. [Consoles] do a very good job of supporting the gamer. If we are going to broaden our audiences, we are going to need to have other devices."

http://www.play.tm/news/30914/kotick-60-percent-of-xbox-live-use-down-to-call-of-duty/

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

:lol: doesn't count PC digital

NoodleFighter
aka "the way 99% of the players bought it"
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
*reads article* origin sales not counted. this is just sad, and yet i'm laughing.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

"The numbers aren't 100% accurate as some digital retailers, including EA's Origin, haven't disclosed their sales numbers, so it's likely that the numbers for the PC version are higher than reported."

agpickle

That would account for at least a million probably :P.

Vambran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Vambran
Member since 2005 • 1921 Posts

Even if you double PC sales to account for DD , it still ends up in last place.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 -Unreal-

Vambran
It'll likely be more than double.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lundy86_4

Vambran

Mhmmm, well, now we've gotten the math out of the way for that little problem, what if it's more than that?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I'm not surprised. The xbox is the shooter box. It is far and above the most popular genre on the console. Plus there's just more games coming out on ps3.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
This doesn't count sales made through Origin, which make up for the bulk of the sales on the PC anyway. charizard1605
thats a massive assumption though, i have a boxed copy... either way its pretty surprising the domination of 360 in this case.
GeorgeCScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 GeorgeCScott
Member since 2011 • 64 Posts

What this tells me is the PC version may have outsold the consoles.

This doesn't include DD, I don't know a single person of the 20+ that bought this who bought physical.

All DD.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ChubbyGuy40

either way its pretty surprising the domination of 360 in this case.savagetwinkie

which isn't proven.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#93 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

They don't count digital, and the PC version of BC2 outsold the console versions so that has to count for something.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts
Since BF3 sold 5 million and this not counting Digital adds up to 4.2 million, that means that the PC verision sold about 1.2 million which is on par with the PS3 verision.Brean24
No its not. its 300,000 or 25% less than the PS3 versions
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 NoodleFighter  Online

[QUOTE="Vambran"]

lundy86_4

Mhmmm, well, now we've gotten the math out of the way for that little problem, what if it's more than that?

I'll lol at how the PC version sold more then the PS3 version and 360 version once MW3 comes out and their attention shifts to that.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] either way its pretty surprising the domination of 360 in this case.ChubbyGuy40

which isn't proven.

even if you do the math where where EA said it sold 5million, the xbox is nearly half the sales... yes it is
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 NoodleFighter  Online

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] either way its pretty surprising the domination of 360 in this case.savagetwinkie

which isn't proven.

even if you do the math where where EA said it sold 5million, the xbox is nearly half the sales... yes it is

but what do you think will happen to this 360 domination on BF3 once MW3 comes out :trollface:

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
By the end of the year, i expect PC to takeover
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] either way its pretty surprising the domination of 360 in this case.savagetwinkie

which isn't proven.

Because VG Chartz numbers are totally accurate right?

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

which isn't proven.

NoodleFighter

but what do you think will happen to this 360 domination on BF3 once MW3 comes out :trollface:

another assumption... bfbc2 is still pretty strong, hell a good chunk of the PC community is likely to roll back to bf2, or move onto mw3