Battlefield 3 360 Outsells > PS3 + PC combined

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#201 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

500,000 retail sales on the PC version is pretty good actually since most PC gamers dont buy retail copies. So your thread is inaccurate unless we know how many Digital sales there where on PC.

dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Shooter console + no exclusives console Nothing to see here.soulitane

Actually 360 had more exlusives than any console in 2011

Halo CE, Forza 4, Rise of NIghtmares, Gunstringer, timed CHild of Eden and Bastion, Trenched, Half Minute Hero remake, Mr Splosion Man, Gears of War 3 etc etc

Also the PC/360 only Divinity 2 and Grey Matter

PS3 this year had: Yakuza 4 Disgaea 4 UC3 KZ3 Resistance 3 LBP2 MLB 2011 Motorstorm apocalypse Infamous 2 Socom 4 All PS3 exlusives, not including collections which aren't exclusives or timed games which don't count as exclusives. I could add more but I'm interested to see you add more to your list to beat mine which I do believe has more exclusives than your list does :)

all but 2 of those games you listed are sequels, most with "3" behind them too. This seems to be the way things are going. no new ips. Honestly, at this rate, picture 10-15 years down the road: God of War 10, CoD 22, resistance 9.... seriously... Well I guess then it would just be starting to scratch the surface of the mario-milkage that is nintendo. At least the HD twins and pc get DIFFERENT titles instead of the same 3-4 franchises.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#203 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]

[QUOTE="dom2000"]

OK...i will check tomorrow at a more modest time to see how much the story changes! If the pc numbers rise above the consoles (which i HIGHLY doubt) i will admit i just got owned

dRuGGeRnaUt

1pm CET Pc players 146000 Ps3 players 143000 and 360 110000 OMG TEH 360 is Dyiinnggggg oh noes. See what i did there ? . When its prime time in europe-Asia Pc and Ps3 have more players than 360

So what are you saying? More people bought it on xbox, but less play it? wouldn't that mean that Xbots have better taste/better games to play? lol

funny you dont see the contradiction in your post but what ever

dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 dRuGGeRnaUt

500,000 retail sales on the PC version is pretty good actually since most PC gamers dont buy retail copies. So your thread is inaccurate unless we know how many Digital sales there where on PC.

pelvist

Well they never usually reveal DD numbers. And for a good reason. Any time they don't its because it has fallen short of expectations. Why ELSE would they not show these numbers?? ea investors "the pc edition of b3 only sold 500,000, i dont think we should make b4 for pc" ea/dice: "HAHA jokes on them, it ACTUALLY sold 1.5 million through DD... but we'll never tell them.... hahahahaha, what losers." - No it would be "1.5 MILLLLLLION B3 BOUGHT THROUGH EA'S EXCITING NEW ORIGINS DD SERVICE!!!!!" thats like GTA 4 selling to the 10 million mark(i know its more now) and them not saying anything. hermits are gonna need more and more excuses soon. Not to mention, if all the sales ARE DD, then the stores/shipping companies/investors in those industries/game trade in stores will start losing money. a lot of money. and im sure the retailers have some power in controlling the release of games. Soon we will see "if you buy pc games in store, you pay an extra $10 because of the money we lose to DD"... its the same BS argument about used games sales, and if you think it wont at some time affect pc games, you are wrong.

dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 dRuGGeRnaUt

[QUOTE="dRuGGeRnaUt"]

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]

1pm CET Pc players 146000 Ps3 players 143000 and 360 110000 OMG TEH 360 is Dyiinnggggg oh noes. See what i did there ? . When its prime time in europe-Asia Pc and Ps3 have more players than 360

adamosmaki

So what are you saying? More people bought it on xbox, but less play it? wouldn't that mean that Xbots have better taste/better games to play? lol

funny you dont see the contradiction in your post but what ever

Well first, it was a joke. second, no. He is saying more xbots bought it, but less are playing it = LESS PEOPLE ON XBOX FIND IT AN ENJOYABLE GAME TO ACTUALLY PLAY. Hence: better taste, and it was meant to be a joke, the games thing, i fully believe. im way too ****s deep in gears3, dark souls etc to get excited about b3. What i find funny is that CoD: BLACK OPS, a one year old game, has more than double the users of b3. What does that say? (psst that would nulify the 'better taste' thing lol). I personally havent loved a Battlefield game since 1942.. the game b1942, not the year :)

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#206 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

hermits act as if the game sales 5 times more on digital. last time i heard digital made up 60% of sales.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

hermits act as if the game sales 5 times more on digital. last time i heard digital made up 60% of sales.

dontshackzmii
The last retail game I bought was SC2.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#208 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

I hate third party trackers they never include digital so they have all these mislead ignorant consolites

GeneralShowzer

they dont add them because the data isnt given to them, or available to them until the platform owner makes it public.So most of the time they go with what data they have so no one can argue bout lying.

Until EA gives out data and figures on how it sold on Origin this is what were given.

And tbh i agree with the games are made by capitalist companies not charities, why PC gamers feel they always deserve more sometimes is beyond even me.

Was this you?

Nope i only go by this handle online and never act as idiotic as that i've never ever said PC gaming is dead and strangely i dabble in minecraft,rollercoaster tycoon and Simcity on PC so why would i say PC gaming is dying its a stupid fact to state but im just stating a point in terms of EA hasnt pointed or given indication on how many purchases have been made of BF3 on Origin til then we just go by what we can get since its the most factually accurate figures we can obtain.

Also the capitalism part is true dunno why gamers think pubs should be their best friends when they are just another faceless corporation out there to make money just like Walmart or Tesco.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#209 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Well they never usually reveal DD numbers. And for a good reason. Any time they don't its because it has fallen short of expectations. Why ELSE would they not show these numbers?? ea investors "the pc edition of b3 only sold 500,000, i dont think we should make b4 for pc" ea/dice: "HAHA jokes on them, it ACTUALLY sold 1.5 million through DD... but we'll never tell them.... hahahahaha, what losers." - No it would be "1.5 MILLLLLLION B3 BOUGHT THROUGH EA'S EXCITING NEW ORIGINS DD SERVICE!!!!!" thats like GTA 4 selling to the 10 million mark(i know its more now) and them not saying anything. hermits are gonna need more and more excuses soon. Not to mention, if all the sales ARE DD, then the stores/shipping companies/investors in those industries/game trade in stores will start losing money. a lot of money. and im sure the retailers have some power in controlling the release of games. Soon we will see "if you buy pc games in store, you pay an extra $10 because of the money we lose to DD"... its the same BS argument about used games sales, and if you think it wont at some time affect pc games, you are wrong.

dRuGGeRnaUt

Hmm.. alot speculation and subjectivity/opinion in this post. Simply put, you cannot measure Pc sales unless a developer gives said numbers. Everything else is speculation. Not saying much as this whole thread premis is base off of speculation sales data in the base case lol..

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
Do some people have selective reading or something? Are these the same people who don't understand a pie chart for example? EA themselves have come out and said the PC sales of BF3 has far exceeded their expectations.
SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

dontshackzmii

So do you think every single PC game that comes out is an even 40/60 split retail to digital?

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#212 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Not surprised, Bad Company 2 sold almost the same in PC than in Xbox 360 (over 3 millions in bot cases) but BF3 in PC is a terrible game with just a bad Origin/Battlelog implementation and bad maps (only Caspian, Kharg and Firestorm worth it). I bet BF3 will sell less than BC 2 in PC.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
from BF3stats PC online189 597 PS3 online186 289 360 online225 028 No brainer that its at least sold more than the PS3 version. Funny difference is, even if it sells less on PC... why are we missing out when the majority of game hopper consolites will jump to MW3 in the next few days?
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#214 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

dRuGGeRnaUt

there were over 3 million origin accounts created in the first week of release. explain that please.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

[QUOTE="dontshackzmii"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

The last retail game I bought was SC2.

funny thing about SC2 even though Retail was out to buy first a few days later when digital came it sold about just as much as the retail at the time and I think even more by now.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

[QUOTE="proxy-served"]http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/battlefield-3-xbox-360-sales-top-playstation-3-and-pc-combined/ 360 - 2.2m PS3 - 1.5m PC - 500,000 (LOL) So the worst version outsells the definite versions loldRuGGeRnaUt
It guess the PC numbers are so high because PC gamers DONT USE PIRACY as a means to get games. LOL cant even say that with a straight face. PC uses have been pimping B3 since its unveiling. Now when it releases to their "superior" gaming platform, this is how they support it. - XD, im sorry but at what point can pc gamers actually start to agree how much piracy is hurting pc gaming. Look at the number of illegal downloads, its in the millions. sure not all would have bought the game, but I am sure there would have been at least another couple 100,000 in that group that would. - but no, PC gamers will wait, as they say, for the price to drop... for it to go on sale, or become bargin bin cheap before buying. You know how many pc enthusiasts tell me this same thing? "console games are sooo expensive, I wait a couple months and then pick it up on sale online for 50% or something".... you do realize how badly doing this hurts your industry. Devs/publishers lives depend on the first month/2 months sales for figures to promote to investors, if there aren't the initial sales, there wont be the support. No company wants to wait YEARS to recoup the money they spent.

Wowzers you can't even play a pirated copy online so that makes them all worthless unless people pirated a MP based just for its tacked on short singleplayer. Oooh let's not forget that this doesn't even include PC digital copies bought and even if they X360 sold more the PC versions generated more profit per a copy. Funny thing is the console versions are very likely to drop all together in sales once MW3 is out since that was the audience that EA was trying to steal. ROFL picking it up for 50% hurts the devs LOL those copies that would go at that price are most likely the digital copies which will also generate more copies. Have you forgotten about the console gamers that are going to buy it used they'll be getting none of it only get a $10 thrown at them for the online pass.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#217 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

dRuGGeRnaUt

Theres so much fail in your post.

P.S. Why u mad?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#218 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

What's new? Up next MW3, Skyrim, Saints Row 3, and so on. More players online too. Let's face it, more players and more consumers are chose the Xbox 360 this gen for gaming.