Battlefield 3 360 Outsells > PS3 + PC combined

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Shooter console + no exclusives console Nothing to see here.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

another assumption... bfbc2 is still pretty strong, hell a good chunk of the PC community is likely to roll back to bf2, or move onto mw3savagetwinkie

Another assumption...no one is going to roll back to the what-is-now crap BF2 after playing BF3. A good chunk won't move to MW3 either.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] another assumption... bfbc2 is still pretty strong, hell a good chunk of the PC community is likely to roll back to bf2, or move onto mw3ChubbyGuy40

Another assumption...no one is going to roll back to the what-is-now crap BF2 after playing BF3. A good chunk won't move to MW3 either.

right, but that doesn't stop the fact that 360 dominated in sales so far... you're making massive assumptions, so why can't I now?
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ChubbyGuy40

right, but that doesn't stop the fact that 360 dominated in sales so far... you're making massive assumptions, so why can't I now?savagetwinkie

Because VG Chartz is not a credible source, therefor these numbers are BS and we don't know who sold the most.

There's no reason for them to move back to BF2, BC2, or move to MW3 unless they had more friends who played those or their machine can't handle BF3.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] even if you do the math where where EA said it sold 5million, the xbox is nearly half the sales... yes it issavagetwinkie

but what do you think will happen to this 360 domination on BF3 once MW3 comes out :trollface:

another assumption... bfbc2 is still pretty strong, hell a good chunk of the PC community is likely to roll back to bf2, or move onto mw3

Bf2 had a strong community and it didn't keep BC 2 from selling :P

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

You know what this means?

360's the best version
PS3's in second place
PC has the worst version

Damn... if I only knew I was buying the worst version ahead of time. All those higher review scores mean nothing now that the 360 haz da beast sails.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

but what do you think will happen to this 360 domination on BF3 once MW3 comes out :trollface:

NoodleFighter

another assumption... bfbc2 is still pretty strong, hell a good chunk of the PC community is likely to roll back to bf2, or move onto mw3

which has nothing to do with anything? Basically people might still be buying bf3??? is that what your getting at.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Awesome? Ha I really don't know what to say :?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11699 Posts

You know what this means?

360's the best version
PS3's in second place
PC has the worst version

Damn... if I only knew I was buying the worst version ahead of time. All those higher review scores mean nothing now that the 360 haz da beast sails.

Mystic-G

but I hear them sails won't last long enough. A MW3 wind current is a brewing.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11699 Posts
[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] another assumption... bfbc2 is still pretty strong, hell a good chunk of the PC community is likely to roll back to bf2, or move onto mw3savagetwinkie

which has nothing to do with anything? Basically people might still be buying bf3??? is that what your getting at.

No more like, Bad Company 2 was much more different from BF2 than BF3 is and that didn't stop it from outselling the 360 and PS3 versions. Battlefield 3 is a middle ground between both Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

shooterBox360 :P

But I think if they did include sales on origin it would be much different. A lot of people I know bought the game directly on origin, and I haven't heard anyone at my school playing it on consoles.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

shooterBox360 :P

But I think if they did include sales on origin it would be much different. A lot of people I know bought the game directly on origin, and I haven't heard anyone at my school playing it on consoles.

PSdual_wielder

I bet if they included the sales from everywhere it would be accurate, but as it is it's just a guess.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#113 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It does not include Digital Downloads which is where 60% of pc sales come from (maybe even more for BF)

SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

Shooter console + no exclusives console Nothing to see here.kuraimen

I like how you try to bash on the 360 even though the numbers for the PC are so wrong.

The PC could very well have the highest amount of purchasers right now after factoring in digital distribution (which I bet accounts for 80-90% of sales for a title like BF3), as well as other retailers, and yet the PC also has the most exclusives of them all.

Avatar image for garrett_daniels
garrett_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 garrett_daniels
Member since 2003 • 610 Posts

It does not include Digital Downloads which is where 60% of pc sales come from (maybe even more for BF)

kozzy1234

Yeah, the digital percentage for this game is probably higher than usual; all PC versions of Battlefield 3 activate on Origin, so as with Steamworks games many players will go with whatever version is the cheapest (since the end result is the same), only opting for retail if it happens to be cheaper or they really want the physical materials.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

I am guessing PC sales are close to the 360 version. This is why the Microsoft is the winner and Sony is the loser this console generation. Between System sales, Xbob Live, Exclusive sales numbers (Very few Sony exclusives come close to Microsoft exclusive sales), better 3rd party sales, and a bigger attachment rate, not to mention Kinect sales, Microsoft really put a beating on Sony.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Even with DD included I don't doubt PC version sold the worst. PC games always sell slower, but more steadily. Hence why at launch in most cases console versions outsell PC one, but later down the line they often even out.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/battlefield-3-xbox-360-sales-top-playstation-3-and-pc-combined/ 360 - 2.2m PS3 - 1.5m PC - 500,000 (LOL) So the worst version outsells the definite versions lolproxy-served

360 is actually the best console version by miles

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Dayum. That's some serious hermit ownage.

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

"The numbers aren't 100% accurate as some digital retailers, including EA's Origin, haven't disclosed their sales numbers, so it's likely that the numbers for the PC version are higher than reported."

agpickle

I knew that was going to be the issue before I even clicked the link. I love how something like this comes out so soon before the main platform of the PC purchases is accounted for. And notice where that was placed on the article. Clearly an attempt to raise site traffic.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ChubbyGuy40

waltefmoney

Because VG Chartz is such incredible ownage...

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
Right now pc has 95,732 players online, ps3 has 134,501 and 360 has 203,321! dom2000
Where did you get these numbers from anyway?
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 loosingENDS

Shooter console + no exclusives console Nothing to see here.kuraimen

Actually 360 had more exlusives than any console in 2011

Halo CE, Forza 4, Rise of NIghtmares, Gunstringer, timed CHild of Eden and Bastion, Trenched, Half Minute Hero remake, Mr Splosion Man, Illomilo, Gears of War 3 etc etc

Also the PC/360 only Divinity 2, Torchlight and Grey Matter

Also two of them are the most huge shooters on the planet, Halo and Gears, so that would definatly not be a reason to increase BF3 sales

The reason 360 sells more is the fact that is 10.000.000 consoles ahead in US

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

ChubbyGuy40

Because VG Chartz is such incredible ownage...

Those are VGChartz numbers? Oh, sorry hermits.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Shooter console + no exclusives console Nothing to see here.loosingENDS

Halo CE, Forza 4, Rise of NIghtmares, Gunstringer, timed CHild of Eden and Bastion, Trenched, Half Minute Hero remake, Mr Splosion Man, Gears of War 3 etc etc

Also the PC/360 only Divinity 2 and Grey Matter

PS3 this year had: Yakuza 4 Disgaea 4 UC3 KZ3 Resistance 3 LBP2 MLB 2011 Motorstorm apocalypse Infamous 2 Socom 4 All PS3 exlusives, not including collections which aren't exclusives or timed games which don't count as exclusives. I could add more but I'm interested to see you add more to your list to beat mine which I do believe has more exclusives than your list does :)
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Shooter console + no exclusives console Nothing to see here.loosingENDS

Halo CE, Forza 4, Rise of NIghtmares, Gunstringer, timed CHild of Eden and Bastion, Trenched, Half Minute Hero remake, Mr Splosion Man, Illomilo, Gears of War 3 etc etc

Also two of them are the most huge shooters on the planet, Halo and Gears, so that would definatly not be a reason to increase BF3 sales

Bastion is on PC, saolin. ilomilo is on Windows Phone 7. It's amazing how you manage to list games that aren't exclusives but miss the real ones.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ChubbyGuy40

loosingENDS

So much false info. 360 is just as bad as the Wii for exclusives, except the Wii actually gets a good game in 14 days.

360 is only ahead by 2 million consoles, as per Sony and MS's own reports. PS3 is set to overtake the 360 next year.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 waltefmoney

So much false info. 360 is just as bad as the Wii for exclusives

ChubbyGuy40

Nope.avi.

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

Ha, fail more... please it really is funny.

Halo CE is a remake/'remaster'; RoN, Gunstringer, Child of Eden are all three Kinect games; Bastion is on PC (was just 50% off on Steam); Half Minute Hero is also a remake; the others excluding Forza and GeoW are downloadable.

This is the most pathetic attempt at trying to boost something's track record I have seen on SW in a while. You gotta try harder than that.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
As everyone else said doesn't include DD and from a unreliable 3rd party source that said I wouldn't surprise me if 360 sold more copies within the initial launch period but pc games sales are more over drawn out over the course of many years in no small part due to the sales that massively boost sales every time a game has one. Also the profit margins for DD copies are higher then retail and any copies of bf3 bought on origin would be 100% profit for EA.
p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6611 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

Dayum.

Does this include DD?

soulitane

No it doesn't count origins.

Or D2D, amazon etc etc.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Shooter console + no exclusives console Nothing to see here.arto1223

Halo CE is a remake/'remaster'; RoN, Gunstringer, Child of Eden are all three Kinect games; Bastion is on PC (was just 50% off on Steam); Half Minute Hero is also a remake; the others excluding Forza and GeoW are downloadable.

This is the most pathetic attempt at trying to boost something's track record I have seen on SW in a while. You gotta try harder than that.

Still, all these games are exclusive or timed exclusive on 360

Trying to downplay them all wont change that simple undeniable fact

360 does have more exlusives in 2011

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 soulitane

[QUOTE="arto1223"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

My list still has more games since we don't count games on other consoles as exclusives. My list is also only retail games I could add more with PSN. So how exactly does it have more exclusives?
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="arto1223"]

soulitane

My list still has more games since we don't count games on other consoles as exclusives. My list is also only retail games I could add more with PSN. So how exactly does it have more exclusives?

May i see your list then ? Add the PSN ones if you like

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ChubbyGuy40

loosingENDS

More exclusives than who? Sure as hell ain't the PS3 or PC.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

ChubbyGuy40

More than the Dreamcast.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 soulitane

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

It's right up the page but I'll be nice and copy and paste it for you. Yakuza 4 Disgaea 4 UC3 KZ3 Resistance 3 LBP2 MLB 2011 Motorstorm apocalypse Infamous 2 Socom 4 Taking off child of eden and bastion since they are no longer exclusives my list is bigger. I see no need to add the PSN titles yet since you haven't even beaten the retail list.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

ChubbyGuy40

More than PS3

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ChubbyGuy40

More than the Dreamcast.

Pug-Nasty

Oddly enough I think the Dreamcast had a few games that came out this year from RedSpotGames :lol:

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46714 Posts

Oh boy why don't people read their sources before claiming ownage:lol:

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 soulitane

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

More than PS3

See that list in the post above you? You have yet to beat it :)
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

More than the Dreamcast.

ChubbyGuy40

Oddly enough I think the Dreamcast had a few games that came out this year from RedSpotGames :lol:

LOL, I actually had that in mind when I posted it, and I wasn't even sure if it was true.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ChubbyGuy40

More than PS3

loosingENDS

Even with Halo CE and those Kinect games, PS3 still wins and it doesn't include Japanese titles.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 soulitane
@ChubbyGuy40 That list does have a few games that weren't released this year on the PS3, but it does get the point across. :P
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ChubbyGuy40

@ChubbyGuy40 That list does have a few games that weren't released this year on the PS3, but it does get the point across. :Psoulitane

I know, but was too lazy to update that list since it's so old.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"] My list still has more games since we don't count games on other consoles as exclusives. My list is also only retail games I could add more with PSN. So how exactly does it have more exclusives?soulitane

It's right up the page but I'll be nice and copy and paste it for you.

Yakuza 4

Disgaea 4

UC3

KZ3

Resistance 3

LBP2

MLB 2011

Motorstorm apocalypse

Infamous 2

Socom 4

Taking off child of eden and bastion since they are no longer exclusives my list is bigger. I see no need to add the PSN titles yet since you haven't even beaten the retail list.

Gears of War 3

Halo CE

Forza 4

Rise of NIghtmares

Gunstringer

Trenched

Half Minute Hero remake

Mr Splosion Man

Illomilo

Bastion (time exclusive)

Child of Eden (time exlusive)

And since you have a sports game, i can add

Kinect sports 2

Kinect Disneyland Adventures

Your Fitness 2012

Sesame Street

Also the PC/360 only Divinity 2, Torchlight and Grey Matter do matter

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

[QUOTE="soulitane"]@ChubbyGuy40 That list does have a few games that weren't released this year on the PS3, but it does get the point across. :PChubbyGuy40

Same for PC some of those have been moved to 2012

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"]@ChubbyGuy40 That list does have a few games that weren't released this year on the PS3, but it does get the point across. :PNoodleFighter

Same for PC some of those have been moved to 2012

And Crysis 1, Witcher 2 are hardly exclusives anymore in the MetaGame list

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ChubbyGuy40

Gears of War 3

Halo CE

Forza 4

Rise of NIghtmares

Gunstringer

Trenched

Mr Splosion Man

And since you have a sports game, i can add

Kinect sports 2

Kinect Disneyland Adventures

Your Fitness 2012

Sesame Street

loosingENDS

Please stick to the damn discussion and stop trying to derail it. We're talking about exclusives.

Also Half Minute Hero is a port, not a remake. Ilomilo is also on WP7.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 waltefmoney

And Crysis 1, Witcher 2 are hardly exclusives anymore in the MetaGame list

loosingENDS

Most of the games you listed aren't exclusive in the metagame list. You seem to have no problem with that though. :|