Based on recently released game play fottage...Bloodborne.....Great game in the making or more overblown Sonyfanboy hype

Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2690 posts) 7 months, 9 days ago

Poll: Based on recently released game play fottage...Bloodborne.....Great game in the making or more overblown Sonyfanboy hype (185 votes)

Godly new IP ! DAY 1 buy!! 46%
Decent looking game. Feels too familiar. Will wait on reviews. 22%
Another overhyped PS4 game! Might get it from a mark down bin. 17%
Not wasting my time!! 15%
#101 Edited by MonsieurX (31378 posts) -

ITT

#102 Posted by mems_1224 (48115 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Well, hopefully it will make a bigger next-gen splash than Titanfall did.

It wont. Its still a niche title.

That's why your opinion is trash. You put Shitfall above a game like this. For shame.

Because Titanfall is actually fun.

#103 Posted by Chutebox (37941 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Well, hopefully it will make a bigger next-gen splash than Titanfall did.

It wont. Its still a niche title.

That's why your opinion is trash. You put Shitfall above a game like this. For shame.

Because Titanfall is actually fun.

It's just another shooter. How people keep playing this every single year multiple times is beyond me.

#104 Posted by coasterguy65 (6163 posts) -

Not a fan of the souls games...too much pattern learning, and not enough payoff if you ask me. This game does have potential from what I've seen of it so far. I guess it depends in if they can finally balance the challenge with fun game play.

#105 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17173 posts) -

@Chutebox

Games are all about Repetition, if you want a novel experience then watch a movie. Or play these Non-Games, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Gone Home, To The Moon, etc.

#106 Posted by PapaTrop (1710 posts) -

Looks like the type of RPG I'd enjoy, but I'm not going to buy a console for a single good game.

#107 Posted by Vatusus (5057 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

This game screams quality in every department

except the framerate, graphics, sound design and animation. but sure

And yet you support Skyrim.

I swear you are a walking contradiction.

lol very true

mems got owned... again

#108 Posted by mems_1224 (48115 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@mems_1224 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Well, hopefully it will make a bigger next-gen splash than Titanfall did.

It wont. Its still a niche title.

That's why your opinion is trash. You put Shitfall above a game like this. For shame.

Because Titanfall is actually fun.

It's just another shooter. How people keep playing this every single year multiple times is beyond me.

And Dark Souls is just another fantasy RPG. How people keep playing those every single year is beyond me.

#109 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2458 posts) -

Not surprise so many gamer are bitter of another potential GOTG in sony pocket.

#110 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17173 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi

Damn You're so jaded. :o

#111 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (17173 posts) -

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

#112 Edited by Chutebox (37941 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

@mems_1224 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Well, hopefully it will make a bigger next-gen splash than Titanfall did.

It wont. Its still a niche title.

That's why your opinion is trash. You put Shitfall above a game like this. For shame.

Because Titanfall is actually fun.

It's just another shooter. How people keep playing this every single year multiple times is beyond me.

And Dark Souls is just another fantasy RPG. How people keep playing those every single year is beyond me.

Except it's not.

#113 Posted by Chutebox (37941 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

I play it because the games are fun, engaging, and addicting. I couldn't give a shit about what some moron on the internet thinks.

#114 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

It's a new spin off the Souls series from the creators of the Souls series. I think the hype is very much warranted and this game is the main reason I am buying a PS4.

#115 Edited by MiiiiV (533 posts) -

From what I've seen Bloodborne looks good, a bit repetitive maybe. And were are the wounds when you stab, cut or shoot someone? It's something I honestly thought would become the norm several years ago, with enemies that receive wounds and reacting to injuries and not just fight/shoot back until they are dead. It's something I really miss in both third and first person action/shooters, it would make pretty much every game in these genres a lot more immersive.

#116 Posted by mems_1224 (48115 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

@mems_1224 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Well, hopefully it will make a bigger next-gen splash than Titanfall did.

It wont. Its still a niche title.

That's why your opinion is trash. You put Shitfall above a game like this. For shame.

Because Titanfall is actually fun.

It's just another shooter. How people keep playing this every single year multiple times is beyond me.

And Dark Souls is just another fantasy RPG. How people keep playing those every single year is beyond me.

Except it's not.

And neither is Titanfall.

#117 Edited by mems_1224 (48115 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

Pretty much. Its not even a hard game.

#118 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15859 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

Pretty much. Its not even a hard game.

I actually think people play it because they find it fun.

#119 Posted by Blabadon (28011 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

Pretty much. Its not even a hard game.

I actually think people play it because they find it fun.

omg you're still going.

You are too funny man.

#120 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

Godley... A little strong?

I would say my HYPE levels are very HIGH!

#121 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15859 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

Pretty much. Its not even a hard game.

I actually think people play it because they find it fun.

omg you're still going.

You are too funny man.

I am a pretty funny guy.

#122 Posted by mems_1224 (48115 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

Pretty much. Its not even a hard game.

I actually think people play it because they find it fun.

>Fun

>Dark Souls

Pick one.

#123 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

SW has decided that Bloodborne is GODLY NEW IP

haters deal with it

#124 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15859 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

Pretty much. Its not even a hard game.

I actually think people play it because they find it fun.

>Fun

>Dark Souls

Pick one.

I do believe that only works with Skycrum.

#125 Posted by mems_1224 (48115 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I do believe that only works with Skycrum.

Nah, Skyrim is actually fun.

#126 Posted by heretrix (37506 posts) -

No game is as good as some of those dumbasses would have you believe.

#127 Posted by Blabadon (28011 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Blabadon said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

Pretty much. Its not even a hard game.

I actually think people play it because they find it fun.

omg you're still going.

You are too funny man.

I am a pretty funny guy.

Oh yeah, we all know. You're quite famous on Steam chats.

#128 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15859 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Blabadon said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224

They play it for the street cred... Its the video game equivalent of wearing expensive but very uncomfortable Italian shoes. Nobody does it for themselves... They do it for others.

Pretty much. Its not even a hard game.

I actually think people play it because they find it fun.

omg you're still going.

You are too funny man.

I am a pretty funny guy.

Oh yeah, we all know. You're quite famous on Steam chats.

The fact i make it into conversations off of SW is quite flattering, let me tell you.

I never thought I'd be this famous.

#129 Posted by Blabadon (28011 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: It's fantastic. You should join. A few of us have a beer, talk about the latest logic-deprived fanboy going at it, and then decide to see how long they'll keep going at something. It's funnier when they act flattered.

#130 Edited by Ballroompirate (23586 posts) -

Take my money From Software

#131 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17173 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4

Then they are masochists.

#132 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15859 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@ReadingRainbow4: It's fantastic. You should join. A few of us have a beer, talk about the latest logic-deprived fanboy going at it, and then decide to see how long they'll keep going at something. It's funnier when they act flattered.

So you basically circle jerk eachother? That's quite surprising.

#133 Posted by Ballroompirate (23586 posts) -

Also Dark Souls (inc DS2) AND Skryim are both amazing games

/end of debate

#134 Posted by Blabadon (28011 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: Exactly. Join in. We talk about video games and stuff. You should try that, it's fun.

#135 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15859 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@ReadingRainbow4: Exactly. Join in. We talk about video games and stuff. You should try that, it's fun.

I think I'd rather make people mad on the internet.

I find that more fun :P

#136 Posted by Aljosa23 (25663 posts) -

I think it's going to be a fantastic game. And this is coming from someone who is generally indifferent to Sony's first party efforts.

#137 Posted by Blabadon (28011 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: So what else do you do on System Wars?

#138 Edited by AM-Gamer (4905 posts) -

I'm not sure how it could be overhyped . It's from a team that has produced three highly rated titles and is the spiritual successor to those games. I'm tired of people saying Cows overhype Sony exclusives. The fact is if you liked Demon Souls or Dark souls you should enjoy bloodborne.

#139 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (4237 posts) -

@charizard1605: or has an opinion of their own.

#140 Posted by darkangel115 (2102 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

I'm not sure how it could be overhyped . It's from a team that has produced three highly rated titles and is the spiritual successor to those games. I'm tired of people saying Cows overhype Sony exclusives. The fact is if you liked Demon Souls or Dark souls you should enjoy bloodborne.

well I think it stems from every game. From KZ to knack to infamous to deep down to the order etc. pretty much every game gets a huge thread cow circle jerk. Sure lems do it to, but not hardly as much. I mean calling the game "god like" after 30 seconds of gameplay is pretty funny. and its not impossible for a sequel to flop or not be as good as its successors. Also for people who don't care for the souls series, they probably wouldn't be interested. its a pretty niche genre, where some people love it and alot of people don't like it.

#141 Edited by Animal-Mother (27097 posts) -

The director has proven himself as well as FS that they can make competent very good games.

#142 Posted by HernandeZzzz (882 posts) -

Definitely "great game in the making."

I could be wrong, of course, but this time I really doubt it. Will it be better than Demon's Souls, though? That's the real question, as far as I'm concerned.

#143 Posted by hehe101 (629 posts) -

I think it's a good game if you like clunky combat and linear games, which resemble Dark souls, defo system seller since the fanboys buy the PS4 even without games.

#144 Edited by AM-Gamer (4905 posts) -

@darkangel115: Killzone is a successful franchises known for great visuals. It has its fans that actually enjoy it. You mention Knack? Who hyped Knack? Infamous SS is AA here on gamespot and I can honestly say I'm legitimately interested in Deep down and the order. That's the great thing about the PS brand is they have something for everyone.

It's also not just cows and Lems that hype exclusives. Look at sheep and Hermits it's all fanboys. How many hermits raved about Stalker and Metro for all those years. He'll they hyped Vanishing of Ethan Carter after they showed a few screenshots.

#145 Posted by Krelian-co (12423 posts) -

lems already damage controlling bloodborne? xD

#146 Edited by ConanTheStoner (6931 posts) -

"Great game in the making or more overblown Sonyfanboy hype"

---

I'm thinking a bit of both. Game looks awesome. Cows latch onto exclusives and hype them beyond reason. Even if this turns out to be the best game of the year, it still wouldn't meet the hype.

#147 Posted by speedfog (3333 posts) -

I really really like the theme and atmosphere. But Demon Souls was just in my book a bad game. You can have it cows!

#148 Posted by Omega-316 (936 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

overblown PS4 exclusive that looks like a last gen title.

Are you blind? Did you watch the video in HD? Look at those levels of detail.

#149 Posted by darkangel115 (2102 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@darkangel115: Killzone is a successful franchises known for great visuals. It has its fans that actually enjoy it. You mention Knack? Who hyped Knack? Infamous SS is AA here on gamespot and I can honestly say I'm legitimately interested in Deep down and the order. That's the great thing about the PS brand is they have something for everyone.

It's also not just cows and Lems that hype exclusives. Look at sheep and Hermits it's all fanboys. How many hermits raved about Stalker and Metro for all those years. He'll they hyped Vanishing of Ethan Carter after they showed a few screenshots.

I'm sure KZ has a nice fanbase, just not a huge one. And I'm sure it's fans were hyped for it, But I'm also sure alot of people on here just hyped it because it was exclusive and probably didn't even really care for it and buy it.

With that said, I agree with your 2nd paragraph. All fanboys are dumb regardless of which platform you are a fanboy for :)

#150 Edited by silversix_ (15574 posts) -

Are some of you blind? The game looks great graphically, for once a Souls game that doesn't look like it was made on a $5 engine.