Based on recently released game play fottage...Bloodborne.....Great game in the making or more overblown Sonyfanboy hype

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Based on recently released game play fottage...Bloodborne.....Great game in the making or more overblown Sonyfanboy hype (185 votes)

Godly new IP ! DAY 1 buy!! 46%
Decent looking game. Feels too familiar. Will wait on reviews. 22%
Another overhyped PS4 game! Might get it from a mark down bin. 17%
Not wasting my time!! 15%
 • 
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

fight the next predictable enemy. Implying Skyrim's combat isn't predictable.

I never implied that. If thats what you took away from what I said then you need to improve your reading comprehension. Plus, with mods you can actually make the gameplay more challenging and fun. Definitely more fun than Dark Souls. Skyrim isn't a game centered around combat like Dark Souls is, there is more to do in the world. In Dark Souls, all you do is fight and after a few hours its super repetitive.

That's the problem, Skyrims combat has way too little attention paid to it. The other features the game offers like hunting for ingredients and crafting are bare bones at best.

It's an overall much shittier experience, a jack of all trades yet master of none. I'd classify the entire game as a waste of time, you can't even play the piece of rotting garbage with friends online. Misery is something that should be shared.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I never implied that. If thats what you took away from what I said then you need to improve your reading comprehension. Plus, with mods you can actually make the gameplay more challenging and fun. Definitely more fun than Dark Souls. Skyrim isn't a game centered around combat like Dark Souls is, there is more to do in the world. In Dark Souls, all you do is fight and after a few hours its super repetitive.

That's the problem, Skyrims combat has way too little attention paid to it. The other features the game offers like hunting for ingredients and crafting are bare bones at best.

It's an overall much shittier experience, a jack of all trades yet master of none. I'd classify the entire game as a waste of time, you can't even play the piece of rotting garbage with friends online. Misery is something that should be shared.

And Dark Souls is jack of no trades and master of none. The magic system sucks, the multiplayer sucks, the archery sucks, the melee combat is repetitive and the world is boring and lifeless. Talk about a shitty experience. No idea why you would want to play the exact same game for the 4th time.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@mems_1224 @ReadingRainbow4

Now now kid... You're both right.... They both Suck !

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mems_1224

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mems_1224 @ReadingRainbow4

Now now kid... You're both right.... They both Suck !

But Skyrim sucks less. At least it has SOME redeemable qualities.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@mems_1224

Why bother with Redeemable qualities when you can just Play a much better game all together ! :)

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I didn't know topic titles can have that many characters lol.

Anyways, it looks like Demons Souls with guns. So it will most likely score a 9/10.

stop hating.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Lulu_Lulu

Wait... Will the Shotgun have Unlimited Ammo ?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I like both games but that's because I'm not a noob like you. Be honest the only reason you hate on the souls games is because you're not good at it. I get the feeling that you're not good at a lot of things; that's why you're always trolling for attention, because in real life people avoid you because you're shitty lol!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mems_1224

@Pray_to_me said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I like both games but that's because I'm not a noob like you. Be honest the only reason you hate on the souls games is because you're not good at it. I get the feeling that you're not good at a lot of things; that's why you're always trolling for attention, because in real life people avoid you because you're shitty lol!

Stupid argument made by stupid people. I already beat the first Souls game and it wasn't hard, just tedious.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lulu_Lulu

@mems_1224

Don't call people stupid... It makes Lulu cry. :(

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

I might be wrong since I'm new here, but I don't think I have ever seen mems_1224 add anything of value in any of his comments. That is really surprising with the post count you have. You would think there would be some intelligence in your posts.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mems_1224

@tacoma1972 said:

I might be wrong since I'm new here, but I don't think I have ever seen mems_1224 add anything of value in any of his comments. That is really surprising with the post count you have. You would think there would be some intelligence in your posts.

So you've gone back and read all my posts? Man, you have a lot of free time.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Looks good, honestly nothing that amazing.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#65  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I'll be buying it. Being that I'm a Souls fan. But this poll is garbage. Bloodbourne is extremely overhyped by cows. It's literally a Dark souls clone; with better graphics. It is, what it is.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@tacoma1972: hes a troll. Has been for years. The real question is if his shit taste part of his persona.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Stage 1 in an action RPG. Yeah.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

It looks like a great game. It borrows alot of mechanics from the Souls series but who cares, the Souls games are the pinnacle of hardcore gaming.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Bit of both probably, a great game that's gonna get overhyped by cows because it's exclusive.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71 Revan_911
Member since 2007 • 1709 Posts

Loved Demons Souls, Liked Dark Souls, by Dark Souls II I've had enough of this gameplay didn't even finish it and now this...

I'm gonna pass, no PS4 for me next year now that MGS is coming to steam

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#72 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

So , most people don't want to buy it day 1 .

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@charizard1605: pfft, looks crap.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Oh no, some strangers on an internet forum are looking forward to a game too much!

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#75  Edited By heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

I think it looks great and I hate souls games. This one is appealing to me..

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

ITT: Mems_asshurt, cant blame him though considering how shitty the houston texans are.

Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Karpetburnz
Member since 2013 • 532 Posts

@Floppy_Jim: LOL, I dont know why Lems find it offensive when cows hype their games, Lems did the exact same thing with TitanFall but MUCH worse. Ryse was overhyped and then flopped hard even Forza Horizon 2 is getting much more hype than DriveClub, Quantum Break seems to have just as much if not more hype than The Order: 1886, and yet its Cows that only hype their exclusives? Lems need a break from system wars.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

fottage cheese.

I still don't know how some of you make those thread titles so darn tootin' long. Wizards >.>

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#79 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I never had a Souls game and this is a day one. It looks amazing!

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

To be clear I've loved every single one of the demon's/dark series, and this one has me hyped maximum. It's not a graphics king, but it is a style king. I love the new setting, and From Software always have the very best atmosphere to their games. Every single encounter with an enemy is going to have to be thought through, concentration is going to be high. You can't sleepwalk your way through levels or you will die. This is going to be amazing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Not at all interested but on a side note, why isn't this Souls sequel bought by Sony not outrage the internet / SW the way MS buying Timed exclusivity to TR did? Just weirdo and not groovy man. :P

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Not at all interested but on a side note, why isn't this Souls sequel bought by Sony not outrage the internet / SW the way MS buying Timed exclusivity to TR did? Just weirdo and not groovy man. :P

because Sony didn't steal existing multiplatform games and make it their own exclusive. Sony made specific request to From Soft to create new IP. Dark Souls series is still on-going multiplatform franchise.

Microsoft steals multiplatform franchise Tomb Raider and makes it their own exclusive. that's low. Even worse it's only timed and yet they purposely tried to deceive public into thinking it's permanent exclusive

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SecretPolice

@-Damien- said:

@SecretPolice said:

because Sony didn't steal existing multiplatform games and make it their own exclusive. Sony made specific request to From Soft to create new IP. Dark Souls series is still on-going multiplatform franchise.

Microsoft steals multiplatform franchise Tomb Raider and makes it their own exclusive. that's low. Even worse it's only timed and yet they purposely tried to deceive public into thinking it's permanent exclusive

Eh in all but name, Blood is a sequel to DS and Sony hijacked.it. Like I said, I've no interest but my son still plays 360 DS more than he plays X1 games these days. Seams the same sitchy but worse since BB isn't timed and if being fair, Sony should catch hell based on how MS has been vilified here in SW.for doing far less. Eh, it's SW on Cowspot I know but just sayin. :P

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#84 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I think I would be far more excited for it, if only I had a platform that it would release on...

From what I've seen, it just looks like a more polished, atmospheric and higher quality Dark Souls. I'm not a fan of reiteration, so I'm really resenting my trust in From Software. They are a one trick pony right now just like Rocksteady, or Infinity Ward.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@-Damien- said:

@SecretPolice said:

Eh in all but name, Blood is a sequel to DS and Sony hijacked.it. Like I said, I've no interest but my son still plays 360 DS more than he plays X1 games these days. Seams the same sitchy but worse since BB isn't timed and if being fair, Sony should catch hell based on how MS has been vilified here in SW.for doing far less. Eh, it's SW on Cowspot I know but just sayin. :P

nope, you're wrong. Sony didn't hijack Souls series. Dark Souls (multiplatform) and Bloodborne will co-exist in the future. Sony actually gave birth to the Souls series

You see no gamers complaining for xbone exclusives like Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive or Scalebound, because those are legit xbone exclusives, as in they're created new, specifically for xbone. But stealing tomb raider is low

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#86 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Then why even compare the two? Skyrim is a very ambitious and diverse game, Dark Souls has a very well defined focus and succeeds by perfecting those aspects... The fact that you find Dark Souls repetitive is your opinion, it's not one I agree with.

I get the feeling your lying to yourself though. I know you played both Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 to completion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SecretPolice

@-Damien- said:

@SecretPolice said:

@-Damien- said:

@SecretPolice said:

nope, you're wrong. Sony didn't hijack Souls series. Dark Souls (multiplatform) and Bloodborne will co-exist in the future. Sony actually gave birth to the Souls series

You see no gamers complaining for xbone exclusives like Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive or Scalebound, because those are legit xbone exclusives, as in they're created new, specifically for xbone. But stealing tomb raider is low

Has DS3 been announced? I really don't know but I'm guessing ummm, ... No.

No biggie really, I'm just messin around anyway. :P

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Biased poll. I expect 8/10 for this game and I kind of like the new gameplay mechanics tweaks and the art style.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Can't participate in such a divisive poll. Bring back the "Results" button!

It looks like Souls, smells like Souls and has a new artstyle. It's going to be good unless you're burned out.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Stupid argument made by stupid people. I already beat the first Souls game and it wasn't hard, just tedious.

Apparently, it was good enough for you to beat it, that's more than I can say for Skyrim ;)

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@tacoma1972: I might be wrong since I'm new here, but I don't think I have ever seen mems_1224 add anything of value in any of his comments. That is really surprising with the post count you have. You would think there would be some intelligence in your posts."

You are not wrong.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mems_1224

@parkurtommo said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Then why even compare the two? Skyrim is a very ambitious and diverse game, Dark Souls has a very well defined focus and succeeds by perfecting those aspects... The fact that you find Dark Souls repetitive is your opinion, it's not one I agree with.

I get the feeling your lying to yourself though. I know you played both Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 to completion.

I got bored of Dark Souls 2 actually. lol

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mems_1224

@MlauTheDaft said:

Apparently, it was good enough for you to beat it, that's more than I can say for Skyrim ;)

I was really bored and was tired of looking at it on my pile of games I need to finish.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I thought Demon's Souls was one of the more disappointing games of last gen, so Bloodborne doesn't interest me at all.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#95  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

It looks like your typical Souls game but with much better graphics (those werewolves!!!!!), and I gotta say I'm digging the RE4-esque vibe of the villagers.

I skipped Dark Souls 2 but I loved both other Souls games. I'm gonna be picking this up because what choice do I have? The PS4 library is looking like an arid desert right now.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

It not hard you spend your time gaming anyways, why not play something that matter?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#97 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@alcapello: So... a PC?

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@-Damien- said:

@SecretPolice said:

Dont forget to mentions Sucker Punch is wholly owned by Sony.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SecretPolice

@alcapello said:

@-Damien- said:

@SecretPolice said:

Dont forget to mentions Sucker Punch is wholly owned by Sony.

And that has what to do with the price of rice in China?