Based on recently released game play fottage...Bloodborne.....Great game in the making or more overblown Sonyfanboy hype

Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2705 posts) 8 months, 9 hours ago

Poll: Based on recently released game play fottage...Bloodborne.....Great game in the making or more overblown Sonyfanboy hype (185 votes)

Godly new IP ! DAY 1 buy!! 46%
Decent looking game. Feels too familiar. Will wait on reviews. 22%
Another overhyped PS4 game! Might get it from a mark down bin. 17%
Not wasting my time!! 15%
#1 Posted by lawlessx (47114 posts) -

overblown PS4 exclusive that looks like a last gen title.

#2 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

don't really know

#3 Edited by Couth_ (10292 posts) -

It's souls with some tweaks.. If you like souls it's gonna be great.. If you don't then move along... Souls was one of the most highly praised franchises last gen. It's the same as being hyped for any other high profile franchise - fans don't care about the name change

#4 Posted by Vatusus (5092 posts) -

Bloodborne is the 1st system seller of the generation imo. The only ones who'll hate it were the ones that didnt like the souls series but then again, this game isnt aimed at them so their opinion is pretty much worthless. Whoever loved the souls games cant say this game is overhyped because its an exclusive. Thats just a poor lem/herm/sheep excuse

#5 Posted by charizard1605 (60716 posts) -

Looks amazing, and anybody who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

#6 Posted by darkangel115 (2155 posts) -

I have a PS4 and 0 interest in it. maybe i'll change my mind when i see more but as of now, not worth my time

#7 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1749 posts) -

I wasn't the biggest fan of Demons Souls, but this looks kind of fun, so we'll see.

#8 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19065 posts) -

I guess GS increased the character limits for thread titles lol

#9 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

Man...FromSoft going back to the Sony family has rustled some red ripe jimmies. :-\

#10 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15973 posts) -

It looks amazing, more souls while expanding on the gameplay, monster design that makes your bowels release voluntarily with Interconnected areas that actually make sense instead of the bullshit level design from DarkSouls 2. It can only be a good thing.

And done by the god known as Miyazaki, the only other Miyazaki that's equally as god status as that makes the Animoo Movies.

Killer App. 10/10 would have sex with it again, speaking from experience of course after using the DeLorean.

#11 Posted by Blabadon (28178 posts) -

Day One

#12 Edited by SolidTy (45719 posts) -

I couldn't vote in the poll, it was too biased. I either have to love the game or wait or hate it.

I think the game has a great developer/director (Miyazaki of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 fame) behind it and I'm looking forward to it. There are many who don't like Souls games and this game doesn't look to win them over by any means. I dig what I saw though, I like the gothic setting, I'm on board.

I was on board MANY MOONS AGO when I found out Miyazaki was working on a mystery project (which was not Dark Souls 2).

#13 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (2532 posts) -

PC gamers want it enough to make a petition.

As for me....I don't like the Dark Souls type games....so it's a pass for me. Game looks great though....anyone who says it looks like last gen is a desperate fool trying to downlplay this game.

#14 Posted by Pray_to_me (3051 posts) -

Most anticipated by far. Wouldn't even give a shit if it was on gamecube I would still get it.

People who hate on the souls series are always neanderthals with no kind of mental stamina their opinions are pretty much completely worthless.

#15 Posted by mems_1224 (48307 posts) -

Not wasting my time. The Souls games are mediocre.

#16 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Leaves me with a "been there, done that" feeling, which isn't good.

#17 Posted by cainetao11 (19056 posts) -

It looks good no doubt. I loved the Souls games, although haven't played 2 yet. But it does look and sound way too similar imo. A little quicker in movement and dodging attacks looks easier but it still moves just like Souls games. I think it will be good fun to play and I will play it, but its not something I am super "ZOMG TEH GOD OF RPGS!!!!!" about. The Witcher 3 and Arkham look much more exciting to me.

#18 Posted by cainetao11 (19056 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Man...FromSoft going back to the Sony family has rustled some red ripe jimmies. :-\

Seems like it does in some. But the Japanese supporting the Japanese? What could be wrong with that?

#19 Edited by mikhail (2697 posts) -

Dat <30fps, doe. I hope they get that under control, but being FROM Software...not likely.

#20 Posted by Bigboi500 (30869 posts) -

Early damage control? Early damage control.

#21 Posted by natsm (63 posts) -

It feels familiar but i don't have a ps4 so i'm not going to vote day one.

#22 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2278 posts) -

*looks at the last 3 souls games and their incredibly positive reviews*

Yup, gonna be another gem. From that gameplay video it's gonna be the best one yet.

#23 Edited by Shewgenja (10635 posts) -

Well, hopefully it will make a bigger next-gen splash than Titanfall did.

#24 Posted by mems_1224 (48307 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Well, hopefully it will make a bigger next-gen splash than Titanfall did.

It wont. Its still a niche title.

#25 Edited by silversix_ (15773 posts) -

How the hell can anyone consider this as an overblown fanboy title when art style alone looks so damn cool? Makes no sense. This game screams quality in every department

#26 Edited by mems_1224 (48307 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

This game screams quality in every department

except the framerate, graphics, sound design and animation. but sure

#27 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15973 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

And yet you support Skyrim.

I swear you are a walking contradiction.

#28 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Looks like more Souls which is always good but it looks new and original enough too to not seem TOO samey. It's gonna be amazing

#29 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26193 posts) -

I like it. It sure looks like a Souls game, so I'm expecting some good things.

#30 Edited by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

Certain parts looked a tad bit rough to me, but ma gawddd

Is it gona look godly when it gets released

#31 Edited by kinectthedots (2649 posts) -

Where is the option for: "Damn salty ass xbox fanboys are really bitter over Bloodborne and the fact that it's PS4 exclusive"

#XboxFanboysGotNoGamesWorthHypeOrMakingAFussOver

#32 Posted by lamprey263 (25213 posts) -

Overblown, for now, there really isn't enough out there to make a determination. But it's no secret cows are second to none for hyping some pretty shitty stuff.

#33 Posted by Heil68 (46663 posts) -

The people have spoken. An easy day fucking one buy.

#34 Edited by _SWAG_ (2661 posts) -

lulz jelly ass lems coz they ain't got shit. godborne will be AAAE automatic while xbone games flop right to left watch. instead of puttin money on AAAE exclusives like godborne m$ put money on flop raider multiplat flop games

#35 Posted by kinectthedots (2649 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

How the hell can anyone consider this as an overblown fanboy title when art style alone looks so damn cool? Makes no sense. This game screams quality in every department

The funniest thing about this idiotic thread and all the morons who agree with the TC is ALL...yes ALL the souls games are AAA and the first one, Demon's Souls, with the director who is working on Bloodborne was GOTY.

While bitter ass xbox fanboys hype trash with no credentials like crackdown and fable, sony fans hype games that come from the absolute best in the industry and they can't stand it so they cry and hate with pathetic threads like this one.

#36 Edited by MonsieurX (31533 posts) -

@_SWAG_ said:

lulz jelly ass lems coz they ain't got shit. godborne will be AAAE automatic while xbone games flop right to left watch. instead of puttin money on AAAE exclusives like godborne m$ put money on flop raider multiplat flop games

flop raider

lolwat

#38 Posted by hehe101 (629 posts) -

Don't like demon souls, this looks just as clunky, i'll pass

#39 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

Godly new IP fo sho

#40 Posted by mems_1224 (48307 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

Which runs at 60fps, great graphics and one of the best soundtracks of all time

#41 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15973 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

terribad animations, glitchy as shit and horrible graphics. One of the only games in existence that to even approach a semi-playable state of existence you have to mod the shit out of.

The only game where you can steal from people in broad daylight by placing a cooking pot on their head, I mean that's just genius! 10/10 game design right there, left and right attack option, dodging? who the fuck needs dodging. Mario 64 has a deeper combat system.

Truly game of the ages. It's almost like Bethesda has to actually try hard to reach their special state of awful, it's really quite mesmerizing.

#42 Posted by starwolf474 (958 posts) -

I'm keeping an eye on it, but it's not on my definite purchase list yet. I love the gothic setting, but I need to see more to see if it fixes the problems that I had with the Souls games.

#43 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18000 posts) -

The two aren't mutally exclusive.... Fanboys overhype great games too.

#44 Posted by Chutebox (37983 posts) -

Looks fucking awesome.

#45 Posted by OhSnapitz (18652 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

^ This...

Although It looks to be a very engaging action game.. I'll pick it up, but it's FAR from the second coming that cows are hyping it to be.. I just don't see it.

#46 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11595 posts) -

A (probably) good game that as usual is overhyped as the greatest thing by the cows but when the hype threads come they'll all vote AA.

#47 Edited by mems_1224 (48307 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

terribad animations, glitchy as shit and horrible graphics. One of the only games in existence that to even approach a semi-playable state of existence you have to mod the shit out of.

The only game where you can steal from people in broad daylight by placing a cooking pot on their head, I mean that's just genius! 10/10 game design right there, left and right attack option, dodging? who the fuck needs dodging. Mario 64 has a deeper combat system.

Truly game of the ages. It's almost like Bethesda has to actually try hard to reach their special state of awful, it's really quite mesmerizing.

And Dark Souls has hideous textures, awful framerate, boring boss battles, repetitive combat, awful sound design(the walking in grass sound is one of the worst sounds in the history of gaming) and a really shitty UI and stupid gameplay mechanics that are never actually explained well in the game. And lets not pretend like Dark Souls has great animations, there are like 3 in the entire game. lol

And at least Skyrim has people to steal from. Holy shit, talk about a boring and lifeless world. There is literally nothing to do in Dark Souls except fight the next predictable enemy.

And thats not even including all the amazing mods for Skyrim that makes Dark Souls look even more like a giant pile of shit.

#48 Posted by Chutebox (37983 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

@lawlessx said:

^ This...

Although It looks to be a very engaging action game.. I'll pick it up, but it's FAR from the second coming that cows are hyping it to be.. I just don't see it.

It gets the same hype that the other Souls get which were MP. Now it's just one faction hyping it.

#49 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15973 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

And Dark Souls has hideous textures, awful framerate, boring boss battles, repetitive combat, awful sound design(the walking in grass sound is one of the worst sounds in the history of gaming) and a really shitty UI and stupid gameplay mechanics that are never actually explained well in the game. And lets not pretend like Dark Souls has great animations, there are like 3 in the entire game. lol

And at least Skyrim has people to steal from. Holy shit, talk about a boring and lifeless world. There is literally nothing to do in Dark Souls except fight the next predictable enemy.

And thats not even including all the amazing mods for Skyrim that makes Dark Souls look even more like a giant pile of shit.

fight the next predictable enemy. Implying Skyrim's combat isn't predictable.

#50 Edited by mems_1224 (48307 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

fight the next predictable enemy. Implying Skyrim's combat isn't predictable.

I never implied that. If thats what you took away from what I said then you need to improve your reading comprehension. Plus, with mods you can actually make the gameplay more challenging and fun. Definitely more fun than Dark Souls. Skyrim isn't a game centered around combat like Dark Souls is, there is more to do in the world. In Dark Souls, all you do is fight and after a few hours its super repetitive.