Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@12hitterquitter said:

Wow, are there actual people out there who believe Ubisoft's "cpu bound" excuses? Sheep

Infamous Second Son is native 1080p, averages 45fps, AND STILL LOOKS WAYY BETTER, with far more intensive dynamic lighting renders and far more particles, effects, physics, destuctability etc

Infamous Second Son proves 100% that the PS4 is much much much much much more capable

What makes Asscreed Unity so impressive? 1000s of BRAIN DEAD A.I on screen. Get real. Infamous is doing more, and still looks better

Asscreed Unity is NOT a reflection of the PS4. Its clear the PS4 version was GIMPED BEYOND BELIEF AND NO ONE SHOULD SUPPORT that BS

Some people want to blame Ubisoft's incompetence, and thats fine, but lets not lose sight of the real culprits. Microsoft. When ever there is a trail reeking of BS it almost always leads to Microsoft. Check Microsoft's corrupt anti-comsumer/anti-competition history. Microsoft are the devils in the shadows pulling the strings. Look up how the wolf in sheeps clothing Phil Spencer still enforces BS parity clauses and that SAYS IT ALL

WE MUST put the pressure on Ubisoft AND ESPECIALLY ON Microsoft. Believe we will not let Microsoft get away with this.

the CPU bound excuse is real. The only way to play it at decent frame-rate is with a very modern and powerful CPU. People with GTX 780 but with mid range CPU's can hardly play the game at frame-rates above 30. And inFamous might look prettier but AssCreed has way more interactive environments, denser crowds and even more interiors too. On inFamous most buildings don't even have interiors making the city feel more like a playground but on AssCreed the world feels like it's alive.

Totalbiscuit's take on the game:

Can't sleep and Unity is out so lemme tell you about my experience so far. I only got access to code yesterday so I'm not that far in but there's a promised Day 1 patch that by the looks of it is SORELY needed. Getting that game to run on max settings is a nightmare, it's a huge resource hog. My 2 980s barely keep up. In the small tutorial area I was looking at some nasty drops one 1 980, prior to Nvidia putting in an SLI profile.

As it stands I can JUST keep it at 60, though it has some drops below at times. The game doesn't really look like it justifies that. It has some killer popin, just like Watchdogs did, actors very obviously and inconspicuously switch between detail levels depending on your distance to them and often just appear out of nowhere and disappear at random.

Lighting is glitchy as hell and overall texture quality is poor. I will say the faces and mo-cap quality is excellent, it actually has a kiss that doesn't look like 2 robots rubbing their faces together, so there's that. The problem that I had yesterday was just the MASS of bugs. Guards spawning in from the sky, NPC actors wandering through terrain and clipping through objects, scripted sequences breaking at random and stealth seems like it's just busted.

I had a guy spot me in a stealth section, run up to me as I was standing and then "lose track" of me. I was right in front of his face, he just wandered off. Thus far the game seems like quite the step backwards. Combat feels much more sluggish than Black Flag, but I admit I have yet to unlock a lot of the weapons and gadgets, I'm not that far in. So I don't have much to say about the gameplay up to this point (its been super standard Asscreed stuff) but this Day 1 patch is sorely needed, because the game without it is a buggy mess.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sica1s

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#202 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

TCHBO /thread.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#206 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

And so it begins ..... and that's even before SecretSauce, DFX and CloudPowah has been put into action, just wow. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@legkicktohead: Your 45 fps statement has already been proven false. And as a person who completed Infamous SS, you are greatly exaggerating the amount of npc's. There are maybe 200 people in all of Seattle in that game. And that's a dozen or so character models repeated,the same group of protesters in different areas etc. Get real.

And they are of higher polygon count that 10 AC ones,which are low polygon low detail,you can have 15,000 that way sure poor detail,not only that Infamous is a game fill with destructibles,and a barrage of incredible effects and of the most efficient AA system that ever stepped in a game,Infamous is almost always over 30FPS which AC is not.

Delsin model to craps all over AC one to.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I was just perusing the gaf thread and holy shit, I can't believe ubisoft is this stupid (actually I can)

Don't tell me that is actually in game from AC because that would be the final nail in their coffin.

@FastRobby said:

CPU and GPU go hand in hand, ISS barely any NPC's, ACU a lot of NPC's. That's why PS4 can't cut it to 1080p, has worse framerate and is just a worse version than Xbox One.

This is just the beginning, all games that need more CPU power will be better on Xbox One, can't wait for The Division, this will also run better on Xbox One.

Just because you listened to idiots on the internet and bought the weaker console, doesn't mean Microsoft is paying developers for parity.

When you look at the DF article, it is Xbox One that is being held back. PS4 can make beautiful games, as long as they are empty and boring. It's just a weaker CPU, and no one cares about Tormentos theoretical links, it's all in the games. It's just clear that Xbox One should've come out this holiday, it's already on par with the PS4, and we haven't even seen any DX12 games. PS4 game over.

NO NO and 1000 times no freaking educate your self people or stop posting shit,what the CPU will affect on the GPU is things been render at once example freaking number of NPC if you have 100 but your CPU can only support 80 you get a performance hit,the GPU is not impacted by it which is why every fu**ing one including Digital Foundry still puzzle as to way the game is not 1080p.

Don't be morons you can't lower CPU loads by reducing a job that rest entirely on the GPU the CPU has shit to do with resolution and i am sure that if the PS4 version get a patch it will run at the same frames without impacting them.

Yeah the beginning of MS money hatting companies to screw the PS4 up,because that is the only way the xbox one can watch or exceed the PS4,how the fu** the xbox one get a 20% Boost in frames from a 10%CPU increase is a joke ubisoft fu** up.

Ubisoft has been lying and over promising with the game since E3 where they claimed they were aiming for 1080p and 60FPS dude on June you are a few months from launch and you know if you will reach target or not,1080p 60FPS is not even on most PC.

The xbox one is weaker and it can't be deny a 10% CPU change nothing this games is a screw up,and is nice to see you care after you falsely claim you don't..lol

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

That last bold part is a total joke you people are real morons you actually talk as if the crappy xbox one had a freaking i7 at 4ghz,it has the same freaking jaguar man and in some test is proved to be slower than the PS4 CPU,it is on this case that they screw up,100mhz more will not allow the xbox one to double the PS4 in NPC numbers dude,at much it won it some frames on a CPU bound game while resolution wise the game was hold back to avoid arguments (Money hat).

My god DX12 is on xbox one since freaking day one and you people are a joke..

@zeeshanhaider said:

Yay. El-Tomato doing DC over the shit cheap ass tablet CPU's in the consoles. o wonder Famous for no shadows has a barren world and well, no shadows.

Oh please STFU fake boy the game needs a damn powerful PC to run 60FPS on 1080p not 1440 1080p and still drops frames,Ubisoft screw every one on this one the games is a mess even with an i7.

@tdkmillsy said:

People need to get a grip. Not buying a game because the resolution is slightly less.

As if Microsoft would bother making companies do it. 99% of console buyers don't know or wont care.

Slightly less.? This game is mess up for of bugs errors and performance issues it should be avoided like a plague even on PC which is where i had planned getting it i will not the performance sucks even on PC.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

So now two of the biggest multiplats of the year are better on The Xbox ONE.

There is some salt in your ass.

Thank you Phil. Thank you Tom Cruise.

AC is hardly the biggest games of this year that honor is for GTA5 and COD which by the way one was confirmed to be superior on PS4 already...lol

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#208 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

So many people talking about M$ paying for parity or UBI dropping the ball. I kinda saw this coming though the PS4 is a powerful console but with such a weak cpu and GDDR5 it makes sense that it would not be able to properly handle a game like this without using gpgpu. No matter how you slice it the cpu can't keep up with the gpu so it's gonna have problems with cpu heavy games, one will always have to wait for the other to finish it's current task before it can move on to the next. Although the xbox has weaker hardware it has split ram, superfast ram that the gpu alone can use while both the cpu and gpu can use main memory, so in a situation like this it makes sense to see a small advantage for xbox cause both gpu and cpu can work at the same time. I'm not saying the conspiracy theories aren't true but people seem to ignore the facts right in front of their face. There have been no heavy AI games on the PS4 like the xbox which has games like Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, and Sunset Overdrive.

I'm not saying Ubisoft didn't screw up on this one, I do find it funny that a few weeks before a major release like this that they brag about gpgpu on PS4 but yet fail to deliver on their most popular franchise. I honestly expected them to show us some PS4 GPGPU in AC:Unity, not only did they show gains with GPGPU they showed us GPGPu being used do produce AI, theoretically.

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By danlevm
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

can I get a decent prebuilt gaming pc for 1500 that connects to my Tv? I want something that I can upgrade in the future as well, how is that alienware? can it run games 1080p 60 fps?

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd?oc=dax51r2_bt_s005e&model_id=alienware-x51-r2

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#211 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

lol wow. After playing Bayonetta 2 seeing these frame rates hurts my eyes.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 tormentos

@scottpsfan14 said:

The thing is, the Xbox One's CPU is actually lower in feature set than the PS4's. This "stronger" CPU in the Xbox One is simply a mere overclock lol. Sony could overclock the PS4 cpu tomorrow if need be. But they don't need to because they have a GPU set up for GPGPU compute. Once games take advantage of this, PS4 will crucify the Xbox One with it's more powerful GPU and more ACE's. Lems are just jumping to rash conclusions lol.

Which bring us to another point why Ubisoft didn't use compute on PS4 either,when they have a benchmark which they showed that on that regard the PS4 destroyed the xbox one.

It is clear Ubisoft screwed the PS4 version on purpose and deliver a terrible experience,the game should be avoided like a plague,20 FPS is a joke.

@FastRobby said:

Hahaha, such a fanboy post. Also we are jumping to rash conslusions. Let's go one year back in time, when cows were screaming 50% more powaaaaaaaaa, when there weren't any games released. One year later, Microsoft already closed the gap, and we still have 5-9 years to go.

Bu-bu-bu Sony can also overclock the CPU, sure that's why they haven't done it ;) They can't because PS4 would probably crash due to heat issues, and Sony generally just sucking at software. Can't wait for E3 2015, DX12/Cloud support games being shown, and some CGI trailers for PS4

The PS4 is 50% more poweful dude but benchmarks done by Ubisoft it self show almost 100% more which bring us to the question why Ubi held back the PS4 who really benefits from the xbox one performing = or better.? Because i know Ubi is not.

Oh please 1 games which is been question because its developer admit to have hold back one version which created a truck load of controversy vs what 10 games that have come this year and are inferior on XBO.?

And is funny because Dragon Age first test show a demanding game CPU wise,yet is 900p on xbox one and 1080p on PS4 and release this month,so was watchdogs which was also CPU demanding and still the PS4 had superior resolution to and that one wasn't empty.

Sony doesn't need to over clock its CPU,the PS4 can do compute much better than the xbox one,and take load off the cpu without having to require online.

And i don't think the PS4 will crash do to over heat by a 10% CPU increase,actually the PS4 is better dealing with heat than the xbox one,in some test it ran cooler even that it has a build in power supply which also produces heat which the xbox one lack.

DX12 and the cloud..lol

Can't wait for 2015 and continue to see gimped games on XBO to see your excuses..

@slimdogmilionar said:

So many people talking about M$ paying for parity or UBI dropping the ball. I kinda saw this coming though the PS4 is a powerful console but with such a weak cpu and GDDR5 it makes sense that it would not be able to properly handle a game like this without using gpgpu. No matter how you slice it the cpu can't keep up with the gpu so it's gonna have problems with cpu heavy games, one will always have to wait for the other to finish it's current task before it can move on to the next. Although the xbox has weaker hardware it has split ram, superfast ram that the gpu alone can use while both the cpu and gpu can use main memory, so in a situation like this it makes sense to see a small advantage for xbox cause both gpu and cpu can work at the same time. I'm not saying the conspiracy theories aren't true but people seem to ignore the facts right in front of their face. There have been no heavy AI games on the PS4 like the xbox which has games like Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, and Sunset Overdrive.

I'm not saying Ubisoft didn't screw up on this one, I do find it funny that a few weeks before a major release like this that they brag about gpgpu on PS4 but yet fail to deliver on their most popular franchise. I honestly expected them to show us some PS4 GPGPU in AC:Unity, not only did they show gains with GPGPU they showed us GPGPu being used do produce AI, theoretically.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Yeah you are right maybe sony should have chose a i7 4ghz like MS did for the xbox one..lol

Unity producer Vincent Pontbriand yesterday said that both consoles had been deliberately kept at the same graphical level.

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," Pontbriand told Videogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-07-ubisoft-defends-assassins-creed-unity-graphics-lock-for-parity-on-ps4-xbox-one

Yeah you are right again people are ignoring the facts on their faces,Ubisoft deliberately hold back the PS4 to avoid debates and stuff.

The CPU part you say about not keep with the GPU is why the frames could be slower,but there is no excuse in hell that can justify the PS4 version been 900p,Resolution is a job entirely of the GPU it does not depend on the CPU at all,you can have a dual core and you will still be able to render in 1080p your frames will be affected if you are CPU bound,the advantage the PS4 could have was kill when ubi decide to lock both version at the same specs.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Haha, I like those badges. Pretty good.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Are games supposed to already be limiting those CPUs? I mean, they are weak, we know that, but is parallel processing among at least 6-7 usable cores already not enough to circunvent that? Wasn't this supposed to be a way to avoid them being a bottleneck? I'm not really knowledgeable on hardware issues, would like to know the input on this from someone who understands this better.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

curious how is the actual cpu utilization on pc? I mean with 2 cores 4 threads i3 vs 4 cores 4 threads i5 vs 4 cores 8 threads i7 vs 6/8 cores 12/16 threads i7 extreme, does it scale well?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Yay. El-Tomato doing DC over the shit cheap ass tablet CPU's in the consoles. o wonder Famous for no shadows has a barren world and well, no shadows.

Oh please STFU fake boy the game needs a damn powerful PC to run 60FPS on 1080p not 1440 1080p and still drops frames,Ubisoft screw every one on this one the games is a mess even with an i7.

El-Tomato is butthurt that AC:Unity with 10000 Crowd has managed to beat the in-engine rendered trailer of linear onrails corridor blurry UC4 cutscene. Yeah, the game is doing so much more than a typical Sony 800p exclusive.No wonder cows are jelly and shifting the blame to 720pBox. LOL 900pStation. Loving your Dc that resolution is merely a function of GPU. I'm damn sure you haven't written a line of code in your entire life and don't have fuckin clue how things work in a damn computer outside copy-pasting bullshit from any source that remote says anything positive about Sony systems.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@thrustingpowers: Why am I an idiot? I never said Infamous didn't look good and never claimed it didn't look better than the PS4 version of AC Unity. In fact in many posts I have said it's the best looking console game. My post clearly states that the fps was not 45 fps and that the number of NPC's is being exaggerated in this thread. If you really don't care about the number of NPC's then my post was not for you.

@Sagemode87 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@legkicktohead: Your 45 fps statement has already been proven false. And as a person who completed Infamous SS, you are greatly exaggerating the amount of npc's. There are maybe 200 people in all of Seattle in that game. And that's a dozen or so character models repeated,the same group of protesters in different areas etc. Get real.

No, you get real. 200 npcs? Nice try, you clearly haven't played the game.

Well this is awkward.....

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#222  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@thrustingpowers said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@thrustingpowers:

Yes it goes from 30 (more like 25 really) to 45, that however doesn't change the fact that you were claiming bullshit since the average framerate is 35, you should learn the concept of min, max and average.

In fact the engine spends more time below 30fps than above 40fps lol

Even if you don't care about NPCs ,that doesn't really change the fact that the amount of characters is affecting performance. In no way is I:SS close enough to replicate the amount of NPCs that Unity is rendering, is just insane, and if you think that doesn't affect the framerate well...

Why are you replying with 3 different accounts btw?

Are you stupid or just delusional you xbot shill? I never claimed anything. It was that poster. I came in to CORRECT you on your misinformation. Infamous NEVER DIPS below 30. In fact it goes above 40fps a lot often hitting 45fps and averaging 35fps

Infamous averaging 35fps IS STILL WAYYYY more then AC5 averaging below 25fps, do you realise that moron...and to boot Infamous IS NATIVE 1080P while having superior graphical fidelity, so under no circumstance can you say AC5 >>> Infamous in graphics. Infamous also has physics, particles and DESTRUCTION which is WAYYY more demanding than having 1000 mindless A.I on screen at a time. Infamous>>>>>>Asscreeds 5 and its NOT CLOSE. Face facts

You really didn't bother watching the DF link I posted, hmmm?

If you had you'd know the game drops below 30 quite a few times. But there's no hope for fanboys like you.

Also you seem to be the idiot that still doesn't understand the big ammount of NPCs in the game is a huge hit to performance, if Second Son had that many NPCs it would run below 900p with sub-30fps framerate as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

Which would you expect to be tougher on the CPU?

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#224 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

20fps next gen consoles for ultimate cinematic feel!

But seriously console gaming is so pathetic thousands of people switching to pc gaming every day, you can do it too.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@GoldenElementXL:

Neither, S.O. for a 1000 Alex. :P

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

El-Tomato is butthurt that AC:Unity with 10000 Crowd has managed to beat the in-engine rendered trailer of linear onrails corridor blurry UC4 cutscene. Yeah, the game is doing so much more than a typical Sony 800p exclusive.No wonder cows are jelly and shifting the blame to 720pBox. LOL 900pStation.

How long has your Sony hatred being growing? Since gpuking started making threads?

Nah....when cows started acting like dick heads which is like since forever.

@GoldenElementXL said:

Shesh....Famous for no shadows looks fugly even when nothing is happening on screen and LOL at sony drones for even comparing it with Unity.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#227 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Takes the "cinematic" feeling to a whole new level,literally.

NoahProa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 NoahProa
Member since 2014 • 70 Posts

@KarateeeChop said:

The first superior multiplat for the Xbox One. i wonder if they'll ever fix the horrible framerate problems on the ps4.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Wow...some of you are claiming MS paid Ubi to gimp a title. How much more powerful do some of you believe the PS4 actually is? lol. The PS4 is not equivalent to a $1k PC. Hardware in both consoles are pretty weak. What's sad is that this will only get worse throughout this gen. It's still early and devs cannot push the hardware to where they want to be. Your precious 1080p/60fps dream was just that...a dream. 720p/900p will be the norm as we go along so that games won't become a 20fps sluggish festival.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I think 720p would have solved a lot of problems with frame rate but I wonder which graphical feature is the biggest resource hog. Global illumination with its 3 bounce limit? AA? Or just maybe it's CPU lag from all the NPCs?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

watching the quick look of the game on giantbomb and just wow!! when he boots up the X1 version of the game (at around 25 minutes) you can instantly spot the crushed black all over the place, to the point you cannot see if there's a corridor or just a black corner. They even mention it thinking its their TV brightness rofl

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:

So you hate PS1 and PS2 even? And you hate them because of someone else? That's actually pretty sad.

You are forgetting the forum we are in, don't you? Besides why would I like to associate my self with a platform that has a shit fanbase.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By tormentos
@scottpsfan14 said:

To be fair, all versions are badly optimized. The game done everything on those measly CPU's and the XB1 has a 150MHz overclock. And think that's 150x6 cores (900MHz) more CPU performance in total, it simply made a difference in framerate.

Lems be acting like their CPU is superior and shit.

Oh that is for sure even with great hardware at 1080p the game drops frames and doesn't keep 60FPS on PC.

Yeah they actually believe the xbox one has some kind of i7 and the PS4 a jaguar..hahaha

@zeeshanhaider said:

El-Tomato is butthurt that AC:Unity with 10000 Crowd has managed to beat the in-engine rendered trailer of linear onrails corridor blurry UC4 cutscene. Yeah, the game is doing so much more than a typical Sony 800p exclusive.No wonder cows are jelly and shifting the blame to 720pBox. LOL 900pStation. Loving your Dc that resolution is merely a function of GPU. I'm damn sure you haven't written a line of code in your entire life and don't have fuckin clue how things work in a damn computer outside copy-pasting bullshit from any source that remote says anything positive about Sony systems.

AC unity look on PC on consoles is a step way down and perform like shit so no on PS4 ACU doesn't look even close to Infamous let alone UC4 dude.

But once again you are a fakeboy..lol

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

You really didn't bother watching the DF link I posted, hmmm?

If you had you'd know the game drops below 30 quite a few times. But there's no hope for fanboys like you.

Also you seem to be the idiot that still doesn't understand the big ammount of NPCs in the game is a huge hit to performance, if Second Son had that many NPCs it would run below 900p with sub-30fps framerate as well.

The number of NPU impact the CPU more than the GPU dude,it would still be 1080p but the frames would be another case.

Rendering 1,000 low polygon models is not something great,specially when almost all are dress the same.

@GoldenElementXL said:

Ok what do you see here.?

A great looking scene from close up with 1 character and like 8 different people which you can tell apart,ultra sharp and clear.

On the other you have a far away screen from a ton of people which you can barely tell apart and which in parts look like fu**ing dots or Ants no detail at all and the main character is way less detail there is some fog or bloom,that is hardly what 1,000 NPC mean most of those models don't have the amount of polygons a character from a PS2 game will have.

The LOD is not even close to be the same not even close,by the way Infamous is build on an engine which is heavy on destruction which ACU is not,there are barely any particle effects which Infamous have by the ton.

You could argue that ACU has many more characters but when it has 1,000 PS1 models what the fu** do we even care..

I can see more detail on this screen than what you showed there and this is a last gen game.

You are not making a good case with that screen 1,000 NPD which the LOD of a PS1 game is a joke.

@intotheminx said:

Wow...some of you are claiming MS paid Ubi to gimp a title. How much more powerful do some of you believe the PS4 actually is? lol. The PS4 is not equivalent to a $1k PC. Hardware in both consoles are pretty weak. What's sad is that this will only get worse throughout this gen. It's still early and devs cannot push the hardware to where they want to be. Your precious 1080p/60fps dream was just that...a dream. 720p/900p will be the norm as we go along so that games won't become a 20fps sluggish festival.

It doesn't matter how much more powerful any one can thing the PS4 is over the xbox one,it is a fact that a 7850 OC will beat a 7770 period which is the point here.

The PS4 should be 1080p and it was hold back period admitted by Ubi it self.

@Phazevariance said:

I think 720p would have solved a lot of problems with frame rate but I wonder which graphical feature is the biggest resource hog. Global illumination with its 3 bounce limit? AA? Or just maybe it's CPU lag from all the NPCs?

You can lower to 640p if you are CPU limited you will still be on 640p,that is the problem some people really don't understand what happen here.

Unlike most xbox one games which are GPU bound this one is CPU bound,when you are GPU bound a resolution drops,effect drops or AA drop would speed frames,when you are CPU bound the only way to speed up frames is by reducing the CPU load example instead of drawing 1,000 draw 700 and you gain frames,which is what Ubi should have do on both cases since the game can't hold even 30FPS on any of the consoles,but they wanted to brag about the whole lot of NPC which lead to terrible performance.

Worse it has a horrible pop in problem were not only shadows pop but even pedestrians as well,so you have an engine that run like shit even on PC and on console it was bound to run even worse.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
@tormentos said:

I can see more detail on this screen than what you showed there and this is a last gen game.

You are not making a good case with that screen 1,000 NPD which the LOD of a PS1 game is a joke.

That's a promo pic. Not gameplay.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 zeeshanhaider
@tormentos said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

To be fair, all versions are badly optimized. The game done everything on those measly CPU's and the XB1 has a 150MHz overclock. And think that's 150x6 cores (900MHz) more CPU performance in total, it simply made a difference in framerate.

Lems be acting like their CPU is superior and shit.

Oh that is for sure even with great hardware at 1080p the game drops frames and doesn't keep 60FPS on PC.

Yeah they actually believe the xbox one has some kind of i7 and the PS4 a jaguar..hahaha

@zeeshanhaider said:

AC unity look on PC on consoles is a step way down and perform like shit so no on PS4 ACU doesn't look even close to Infamous let alone UC4 dude.

But once again you are a fakeboy..lol

Loving the El-Tometo's DC. Weren't Sony drones touting the UC4 in-engine rendered cutscene to be something unseen even on PC? LOL that blurry shit was got crapped over with a released game that is open world and has 10000 NPC's. LOL Famous for no shadows looking like shit while having nothing on screen and that onrails pre-baked Corridor 800p that still got downgraded. Yeah, I remember you are bullshiting about that cheap ass tablet CPU being equal to the i7.

Dance cow dance.

Dat next 900p generation at sub 30fps.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Maybe Ubisoft should crack a joke about Framerategate... or Framegate for short.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Usually cows stalk DF for these to post, guess not this time.....wonder why lol

What reason would they? Are you insinuating this makes X1 more powerful than PS4? MS paid for extra attention for their version and for the PS4 to not get optimized, nothing more.

Lol right....never did I say nor will I say the X1 is more powerful but the PS4 isn't all that either. I doubt there is any way the PS4 could run this game at 1080P/30fps. Cows have an out for everything.

WillamWallace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 WillamWallace
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Infamous still sucks balls, graphically lacking and a entertainment value equal to a lullaby

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

the game is clearly not that optimized, PC suffers performance issues too, even a powerful rig has performance issues running it, a 780 GTX and a mid-range cpu should be more then plenty enough, except it still has issues

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#242 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@silversix_ said:

watching the quick look of the game on giantbomb and just wow!! when he boots up the X1 version of the game (at around 25 minutes) you can instantly spot the crushed black all over the place, to the point you cannot see if there's a corridor or just a black corner. They even mention it thinking its their TV brightness rofl

The xbone version is one of the fugliest things I've ever seen. It was like a night and day difference to PC.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#244  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

on PC:

on Xbone:

Ubi stocks are dipping after AssCreed U disastrous launch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

@tormentos said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Ok what do you see here.?

A great looking scene from close up with 1 character and like 8 different people which you can tell apart,ultra sharp and clear.

On the other you have a far away screen from a ton of people which you can barely tell apart and which in parts look like fu**ing dots or Ants no detail at all and the main character is way less detail there is some fog or bloom,that is hardly what 1,000 NPC mean most of those models don't have the amount of polygons a character from a PS2 game will have.

The LOD is not even close to be the same not even close,by the way Infamous is build on an engine which is heavy on destruction which ACU is not,there are barely any particle effects which Infamous have by the ton.

You could argue that ACU has many more characters but when it has 1,000 PS1 models what the fu** do we even care..

1 - How am I not making a good case when you are using a bullshot/promo screenshot to prove a point? My screens are in game PS4 shots. And when was the last time you played a PS1?

2 - Regarding that AC Unity screen I posted. You know you can jump down and get much closer to the NPC's in that scene right? I was showing the sheer amount of AI controlled NPC's vs the number of NPC's in Infamous. I am not arguing graphics or particle effects or any of that. This is in response to users claiming that Infamous had a large amount of NPC's in it's open world. Not only is it absurd to say that, but I don't even understand why everytime the PS4's performance is brought into question we end up talking about Infamous. This is a Assassin's Creed Unity thread.

3 - The funny thing is, its' hard to find a NPC dense screenshot of Infamous. The one I posted with 8 on the screen at one time is one of the most dense ones you will find online. In fact I would bet that for every pic you can make/find that has double digit NPC's, I can make/find a dozen screens with NO NPC's in it. And again, I'm not saying it's a bad game. But to say the game is AI/NPC heavy is a joke.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@silversix_ said:

The xbone version is one of the fugliest things I've ever seen. It was like a night and day difference to PC.

How could you tell? All i saw was -------------- black, black everywhere. They had to up brightness to see shit haha

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Of course Unity is tougher on the GPU.. but why so many people? That seems like an error in judgement on Ubi's part. They could've taken out 1/3 of those NPC's and still keep the effect.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By tormentos
@Gue1 said:

on PC:

on Xbone:

Ubi stocks are dipping after AssCreed U disastrous launch.

Glad to read that a company who screw its user base that bad deserve it..

lol at the smooth criminal....

@freedomfreak said:

That's a promo pic. Not gameplay.

Is this a promo to.?

@FastRobby said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

This isn't a fanboy attack or anything, I just want you to listen for a bit.

In the years to come, devs will shift to GPGPU. Sony are getting new SDK's ready for it. Microsoft are too. Do you think this is some sort of victory? You get 25fps while PS4 gets 22 lol. Both of these consoles CPU's are identicle. Only MS saw how much Sony's console was superior in hardware so they overclocked the CPU 150MHz more and the GPU 53MHz more. This increased the total FLOP count of the GPU from 1.25 to 1.31 TFLOPS.

These CPU's in the PS4 and Xbox One have a max stable frequency of 2.75GHz. Both of them. A 150MHz CPU overclock is nothing for the Xbox One and PS4. MS could have overclocked further, but they wanted to be safe and keep it well below max temperature. PS4 likely won't overclock the CPU any time soon because Mark Cerny enhanced the PS4's GPU for compute purposes. PS4's GPU is able to handle 4 times the compute commands as the XB1 for the same amount of GPU time. That is for the future though. Right now you lems can bask in the victory of 4fps due to an overclock while still being below 30fps. Instawin.

First of all, it isn't just 25 vs 22 fps, at some point PS4 drops to 20, and Xbox One stays at 30fps... Big difference.

Secondly, Microsoft has tweaked everything from the Xbox One, in a way that everything is working at optimal performance. Not only the CPU, everything together, as one, will work optimally. So you can throw around some theoretical numbers, or that gpgpu thingy from Ubisoft, but it doesn't show anything. You just have to look at the games. Is there a game that looks as good as Ryse? No, we'll probably have to wait a couple more months for The Order, for that to be happening. There isn't one game in the PS4 that combines beautiful graphics with lively worlds, not one. Because it can't handle it.

Thirdly, please don't say: "Mark Cerny...", it's a full team, he didn't do everything on his own, he isn't god, he's just a nerd taking PC-parts of shelves and put them together with a team. And yes, I love to keep watching to the future, Microsoft has said it already: "Beta tested in the future", keep thinking you know everything about the Xbox One, while Microsoft said it again in June: "We are still under NDA". I know you cows laugh with the NDA, most likely to do with misterxmedia, but it is coming directly from the horse's mouth, you can't dispute that. It's btw a fun slide show, good read if you are interested in roadmap Microsoft has in mind when it comes to utilizing ESram properly, and DX12.

The could have say not beta test at all and you would still think is not gimped.

The xbox one is a gimped console,it runs 3 frames more on a game that the developer admit to half back the competition version.

Hahaha that NDA shit is not what you think.hahahaha

There is no secret sauce on xbox one and if MS had something they would have scream it ages ago to try to make the console seem powerful instead of paying developers to fu** the PS4 version...hahaha

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

The sad thing about this is that people are claiming ownage on 3-4 fps and even worst, in the 20fps range.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

This game is unplayable...and I'm on the xbox one version and none of the technical issues that plague this game were mentioned in reviews. I wouldn't take this as a victory. But a horribly developed game.