darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Wow even on PC the game runs like ass ubisoft needs to get their shit together farcry 4 better not be this bad.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

"PS4 version averages about 20-25fps and the Xbone version 25ish on low/medium"

vs.

"55-60 fps while freeroaming in Paris with max settings sans PCSS, 1080p, FXAA with a 780 GTX and i7 2600k @3,5 Ghz. The performance is actually what we should expect when we take the console performance and settings into account. Twice the framerate, higher settings, 45% more pixels on a 780 GTX"

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

@Gue1 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@glez13 said:

Is there anything out yet on PC performace? Were the system requirements right?

Nope. But performance isn't great, as you'd expect. A mid range gpu like a 670 or 760 should make it possible to run the game at 1080p maxed out with a stable 30fps.

However, TXAA will apparently cause massive drops sicne it's so heavy. Also maybe PCSS since shadows can eat frame rate abit

People with GTX 980 cards are saying the game deeps below 30's and that the frame-rate is pretty erratic. The bottleneck is the CPU. So if you have a mid range or old CPU prepare to lower those settings no matter what card you have.

Even a set up like:

i73930K @ 4.6 paired with GTX 980 SLI is not enough to max out the game and the frame-rate is still erratic at 1080p.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930145&page=28

A mess on all systems it seems.

Did the programmers fell asleep on the job or something ?

Don't be so sure just yet. Black Flag ran like ass before Ubisoft and Nvidia sorted out the drivers.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@mikhail said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Usually cows stalk DF for these to post, guess not this time.....wonder why lol

I guess it's hard for them to post these when the dev is purposely scaling back your game to have "parity" with the other guy.

just saying..

Proof?

Not necessarily "proof"... However it begs the question.. did they scale back one version of the game? It would have been a non-issue had the VP of Ubi not released that statement. BUT.. he DID release that statement. Besides if you can't argue that, then PC gamers don't have a leg to stand on.. because clearly they could've made THAT version more stable (at least from the early reports).

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Well let's see:

COD AW is better on the piss 4. Minus the frame rate dips in the campaign, but then the xbone version has crushed blacks

DA Inquistion is 1080p on teh ps4 and 900p on the xb1. Most likely equal graphics and 30fps locked on both. Like all other multiplats.

Evolve Alpha runs at higher resolution on the ps4, but suffers some dips. So does xb1. Probably will get locked at 30fps for both at launch.

Speaking fo parity and marketing deals:

I'm sure MS is paying Rocksteady for parity despite teh marketing deal with Sony. Cuz you know, marketing deals give manufacturers ultimate power over development.

I did not even know they had those marketing deals, lol.

Still nice for you to confirm that the PS4 is better and Ubisoft just shit.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:

Isn't that common knowledge at this point? I mean, I don't own a PS4 or an Xbox One and it's obvious to me that the PS4 has more capable hardware. Even Digital Foundry says it. Also, Ubisoft is shit.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Conclusion: "Next Gen" consoles are incredibly disappointing and will be eclipsed by PCs more than ever. This gen, entry level rigs will compete with consoles and mid-end ones will destroy them.

This is the first gen, where my (I7-4771/GTX770-4GB) rig was way ahead of consoles at their launch

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

@mikhail said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I guess it's hard for them to post these when the dev is purposely scaling back your game to have "parity" with the other guy.

just saying..

Proof?

Not necessarily "proof"... However it begs the question.. did they scale back one version of the game? It would have been a non-issue had the VP of Ubi not released that statement. BUT.. he DID release that statement. Besides if you can't argue that, then PC gamers don't have a leg to stand on.. because clearly they could've made THAT version more stable (at least from the early reports).

PC and Ubisoft do normally get on way....

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

lol wow, ps4 gets 20fps when nothing is happening?

@chikenfriedrice said:

@KarateeeChop said:

another superior multiplat for the Xbox One. i wonder if they'll ever fix the horrible framerate problems on the ps4.

@Evo_nine said:

that's a ...... very cinematic frame rate.

oh yeah, lol xbox > ps4.

COWS AM CRY.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Ubisoft PR clown: Man, this game, we have THOUSANDS of NPC's on the screen at the same time!

Rest Of World: Yeah, but the framerate sucks donkey balls.

Ubisoft PR Clown: Yeah, hey man we have THOUSANDS of NPC's on the screen at the same time!

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#61  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

I guess the cpu is very important this time around. I'm worried for my i5 2500k, will it manage? D:

the interesting thing is that unlike ubisoft said, this game performes much better with better GPUs with the same CPU

just look at youtube videos and and check how GPU is really important and scales very well on this game

once again we cant know for sure if its pure lack of programming skills or something dirtier

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Gue1: Problem is that it varies from set up to set up. I linked you a video of a gtx 660 running fine in another thread.

So clearly gtx 680 is NOT mininum requirements. Shocking.

The issue seems to be in the openign scene where frame rate takes a massive hit. While in Paris, it seems to stabalize more. Still, i was only responding to to the mim. req. question.

As usual with Ubisoft ports, it might run well or not. My 760 got WD maxed out at 1080p with locked 30fps. But ultra textures wiht 3GB of VRAM req. caused a shit load of stuttering

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

vs.

"55-60 fps while freeroaming in Paris with max settings sans PCSS, 1080p, FXAA with a 780 GTX and i7 2600k @3,5 Ghz. The performance is actually what we should expect when we take the console performance and settings into account. Twice the framerate, higher settings, 45% more pixels on a 780 GTX"

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TheGreatGeneral
@mikhail said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

Isn't that common knowledge at this point? I mean, I don't own a PS4 or an Xbox One and it's obvious to me that the PS4 has more capable hardware. Even Digital Foundry says it. Also, Ubisoft is shit.

Its common knowledge for you and me maybe, but its still hard on some lemmings like b4X and they dont want to break out of their denial.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45983 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Ubisoft PR clown: Man, this game, we have THOUSANDS of NPC's on the screen at the same time!

Rest Of World: Yeah, but the framerate sucks donkey balls.

Ubisoft PR Clown: Yeah, hey man we have THOUSANDS of NPC's on the screen at the same time!

Ubisoft: "Bu bu bu 24 fps is more cinematic.

Please believe us."

Gamers: "We don't"

Ubisoft: "Ok, now here is a marketing budget that cost us 100 million dollars"

Gamers: "Let's all buy this game"

Some pretty big idiocy coming from all sides IMO

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Well let's see:

COD AW is better on the piss 4. Minus the frame rate dips in the campaign, but then the xbone version has crushed blacks

DA Inquistion is 1080p on teh ps4 and 900p on the xb1. Most likely equal graphics and 30fps locked on both. Like all other multiplats.

Evolve Alpha runs at higher resolution on the ps4, but suffers some dips. So does xb1. Probably will get locked at 30fps for both at launch.

Speaking fo parity and marketing deals:

I'm sure MS is paying Rocksteady for parity despite teh marketing deal with Sony. Cuz you know, marketing deals give manufacturers ultimate power over development.

I did not even know they had those marketing deals, lol.

Never tried to imply it wasn't, whcih is why the performance being better on the bone surprises me. But teh whole MS is paying for parity is just fucking dumb

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

how the **** can a dev release a game that drops to 20fps? fukin ubicrap, ubishit, ubidick

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
@ps4hasnogames said:

@nutcrackr said:

lol wow, ps4 gets 20fps when nothing is happening?

@chikenfriedrice said:

@KarateeeChop said:

another superior multiplat for the Xbox One. i wonder if they'll ever fix the horrible framerate problems on the ps4.

@Evo_nine said:

that's a ...... very cinematic frame rate.

oh yeah, lol xbox > ps4.

COWS AM CRY.

...he says while quoting lemmings.

hahaha

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

hey look another MS advertised game. LOL

and still runs crap on all systems even pc

Nubi games cannot optimize

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@ps4hasnogames said:

LOL, where is that PS4 powahhh that the cows were bragging about lmfao.

X1 really is the best console this gen.

game over.

In every multiplatform that is superior on PS4 and that isn't hold back.

lol...

@b4x said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

just saying..

So they're scaling back FPS?

Is that your final answer.

No the PS4 version was hold back resolution wise,resolution has shit to do with the CPU is a job entirely of the GPU,if your are CPU limited at 1080p you will be just as limited in 900p which mean the PS4 version would run 1080p just in the same frames as it does in 900p but since Ubisoft held back the PS4 to avoid arguments the PS4 end with no advantage at all.

That is how you purposely fu** your game,i am sure that for free this shit didn't happen there is no point in downgraded one of your version to avoid the other version of your game from been compare,did they hold the PC version at 900p 30FPS.

What does Ubifsoft wins by screwing the PS4 version.?

Ask M$...

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#71  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

vs.

Loading Video...

in this video it looks like a $350 PC with PS4 equivalent hardware (AMD X4 CPU + HD7850 GPU) is running at high/ultra 30-45 fps

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:
@mikhail said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

Its common knowledge for you and me maybe, but its still hard on some lemmings like b4X and they dont want to break out of their denial.

I don't talk hardware. Thank you very much.

You have the wrong guy... WTF is wrong with you fanboys... is all your info BS.

Learn your roll chump.... :p

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45983 Posts

@clyde46 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

A mess on all systems it seems.

Did the programmers fell asleep on the job or something ?

Don't be so sure just yet. Black Flag ran like ass before Ubisoft and Nvidia sorted out the drivers.

Perhaps the programmers are waking up.

Did they fix only Nvidia performance issues or AMD performance issues too ?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By B4X

@tormentos said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

LOL, where is that PS4 powahhh that the cows were bragging about lmfao.

X1 really is the best console this gen.

game over.

In every multiplatform that is superior on PS4 and that isn't hold back.

lol...

@b4x said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

just saying..

So they're scaling back FPS?

Is that your final answer.

No the PS4 version was hold back resolution wise,resolution has shit to do with the CPU is a job entirely of the GPU,if your are CPU limited at 1080p you will be just as limited in 900p which mean the PS4 version would run 1080p just in the same frames as it does in 900p but since Ubisoft held back the PS4 to avoid arguments the PS4 end with no advantage at all.

That is how you purposely fu** your game,i am sure that for free this shit didn't happen there is no point in downgraded one of your version to avoid the other version of your game from been compare,did they hold the PC version at 900p 30FPS.

What does Ubifsoft wins by screwing the PS4 version.?

Ask M$...

You're preaching to a guy that knows this.... I'm sure you're aware of that by now.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

hey look another MS advertised game. LOL

and still runs crap on all systems even pc

b.s it run pretty dam good on my pc........tell sony to go to hell with that cpu......careful now ...i own a ps4 also so no name calling

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

I love how people talk like they are engineers or programmers but are really just pseudo-intellectually regurgitating shit they have read on the web.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

Conclusion: "Next Gen" consoles are incredibly disappointing and will be eclipsed by PCs more than ever. This gen, entry level rigs will compete with consoles and mid-end ones will destroy them.

This is the first gen, where my (I7-4771/GTX770-4GB) rig was way ahead of consoles at their launch

I think gamers expecting the PS4/XBO to shit on Mid/High Range PC's are in for catastrophic disappointment.

However, I think gamers (like myself for the most part) who are expecting the PS4/XBO to shit on the PS3/XB360 are in for a treat (kinda).

Taking this atrocity for example..

AC4 = 720P / ACU = 900P

AC4 = 150 NPC's on screen / ACU = 5,000 NPC's on screen

And without comparing I'm sure the draw distance and texture quality is much better in ACU on the PS4/XBO than AC4 on the PS3/XB360.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

No surprise that the PS4 can do 30 fps on cut scenes. That console was purely made for cinematics.

@mr_huggles_dog If you are gonna hide from this, then you might as well leave System Wars indefinitely.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
@b4x said:

@thegreatgeneral said:
@mikhail said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

So you agree with the reast of us that the PS4 has superior hardware?

Dont be shy now.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@tormentos: If you don't have the CPU cycles and you want to keep a CERTAIN FRAMERATE OR CLOSE TO THAT MARK YOU CAN NOT UP THE RESOLUTION BECAUSE YOU GOT A HIGH POWER GPU.

As you turn up the resolution on any game on your PC the higher you go up the worse it performs no matter what kind of GPU you got, you find a balance CPU go hand in hand with the GPU.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

I think gamers expecting the PS4/XBO to shit on Mid/High Range PC's are in for catastrophic disappointment.

However, I think gamers (like myself for the most part) who are expecting the PS4/XBO to shit on the PS3/XB360 are in for a treat (kinda).

Taking this atrocity for example..

AC4 = 720P / ACU = 900P

AC4 = 150 NPC's on screen / ACU = 5,000 NPC's on screen

And without comparing I'm sure the draw distance and texture quality is much better in ACU on the PS4/XBO than AC4 on the PS3/XB360.

That's a really good point and probably exactly what they're betting on.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 B4X

@thegreatgeneral said:
@b4x said:

@thegreatgeneral said:
@mikhail said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

Dont be shy now.

Yes. Always have. Microsoft blew their load on Kinect..

I debate features of these consoles... Online, apps, and over all performance of the companies backing them.

You need to learn to decipher who is who on this board. Not all your information has to be BS. :p

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

ROFL PS4s weak CPU owned, inb4 Trollmentos and its CPU graphics showing theoretical scenarios.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#85 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Ha, funny stuff. Games running at 25fps already though, shit's unacceptable.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#86  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

how the **** can a dev release a game that drops to 20fps? fukin ubicrap, ubishit, ubidick

That happened in almost all multiplats towards the end of last gen.

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#87  Edited By SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By B4X

@scottpsfan14 said:

Dat 150MHz CPU overclock MS did last minute payed off then. So instead of 21fps, they get 25. Was worth it doe.

Srsly though, this game needed GPU compute badly on both consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Well i'll be the first win for the Xbox!

Don't know what the fucks up with Ubisoft, their standards have slipped badly.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

Filthy MS moneyhatting Ubi to gimp PS4 version am confirmed. (Even though all platforms run like crap).

Ahem......TLHBO.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

That's quite surprising that the XB1 wins this one.

45-60 fps here, maxed out except textures and FXAA at 1080p. Looks gorgeous on PC.

Can't wait for that tessellation patch.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 TheGreatGeneral
@b4x said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

Dont be shy now.

I debate features of these consoles... Online, apps, and over all performance of the companies backing them.

You need to learn to decipher who is who on this board. Not all your information has to be BS. :p

But none of my informations are bs, im always objectively.

Now you are the one that needs to decipher who is who.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By B4X

@mave198 said:

Filthy MS moneyhatting Ubi to gimp PS4 version am confirmed. (Even though all platforms run like crap).

Ahem......TLHBO.

How do you type this shit with a straight face.... Ubi is not going to gimp a console that has sold 13 million so far.

The hardware.... The Jaguar is the culprit. If you don't see that... There's no help for you.

Ubi needs to scale back the NPC's... It's a simple solution.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By B4X

@thegreatgeneral said:
@b4x said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

Dont be shy now.

Are you high..... Read the stupid you have typed in just this thread.

Speculation with zero facts to back it.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

What a piece of shit.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TheGreatGeneral
@b4x said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

What speculations did I do?

Enlighten me.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

What an abysmal title. Glad GS gave it an average score and hope other sites give it some shit, Ubi DC will be glorious, i can already taste dem tears

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

@b4x:

Ubi knows, just like Madden and COD it'll sell regardless, so your point is moot.

And you're wrong.......because I say you're wrong.

TLHBO

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By B4X

@thegreatgeneral said:
@b4x said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

What speculations did I do?

Enlighten me.

Show me where you didn't speculate that's the question.

Don't ever call me out on shit you have no clue about. If you're wrong about me, and you read what I type on here everyday..

Why would any of your other posts be even remotely credible. You don't even know which member is which on here?

Guess what... If you can't follow what is going on this very board... How the **** should you be taken serious in anything else that you say.

Show me where you did not speculate in this thread.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@leandrro said:

@Jankarcop said:

vs.

Loading Video...

in this video it looks like a $350 PC with PS4 equivalent hardware (AMD X4 CPU + HD7850 GPU) is running at high/ultra 30-45 fps

lol