Another great reason why consoles can't compete with PC.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Also, what do you think of this screenshot, Xboxiphone?

crysis3_2013_02_19_01brs9w.png

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#52 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]you get what you pay for.buccomatic

That's nice but you could also get two consoles for that price.

so your games could suck twice as bad a they already do?? lol

lol i dont know which  is worst bad controls or average graphics,  im thinking controls because playing gta san andreas on pc was unplayable , due to its control scheme ,   

and id take better controls over slightly better graphics anyday 

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

DragonfireXZ95
is that Crysis 3?
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

AcidThunder
is that Crysis 3?

Yes, it is.
TheDevKit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TheDevKit
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts

DragonfireXZ95
It's a nice looking game, but future consoles will over shadow it. As I explained before, the polygon counts on PC games are similar or identical to current console games.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

TheDevKit
It's a nice looking game, but future consoles will over shadow it. As I explained before, the polygon counts on PC games are similar or identical to current console games.

Of course future consoles will overshadow it, but that's in the future. We're not living in the future, are we?
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

and you only need a set up like this to be able to play at a frame rate that isn't a slide show..

System:
Intel i5-2500K@4,3GHz
NVidia GTX 680 OC GPU Boost @ 1200MHz 
16GB DDR3
120GB SSD for Win7 64
60GB SSD for Skyrim
1TB HD 7200rpm

(from new egg) only running you...
1. CPU: (for even the 3.3 version) $220

2. GPU: $460

3 RAM: $112

4. SSD: $60

5. HD: $80

Total = $932

enjoy

seanmcloughlin

2 SSDs? :? Don't even need one.

And the GPU is overpriced for what you get. Pop a 7950 in there and it will perform almost the same for almost 2/3 the price. (1/2 in some places)

You also only need half the RAM. 

God if you're gonna do something like this at least do it right and srop looking like an idiot/2.You forgot a PSU, motherboard and OS. Yes PC gaming is expensive but you don't take it up unless you think it's worth it. If you don't then great, stick to a console. That's what they're made for. 

1. Why don't you stop looking like an idiot and try to use your head instead of foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog.  All I did was post the specs from the discription that was under the link from the video duh...:roll: you want me to MAKE UP what the rest of his specific componets were so you could try to discredit what I said based on me lying or making $#!+ up?  

2. You go ahead and inform me of the exact PSU, motherboard and OS the guy was using from the video since you seem to know without them being liste...Oh wait?  Don't tell me you just thought I made that list of things up.  Oh you know what, I think you did sorry WRONG AGAIN.

Either way adding the other things you mentioned wouldn't make it any cheaper and that was the point of my post in the first place.:arrow:

TheDevKit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheDevKit
[QUOTE="TheDevKit"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

DragonfireXZ95

Of course future consoles will overshadow it, but that's in the future. We're not living in the future, are we?

That would create quite the paradox. But as of now, PC games do not look a generation ahead of console games.
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

and you only need a set up like this to be able to play at a frame rate that isn't a slide show..

System:
Intel i5-2500K@4,3GHz
16GB DDR3
120GB SSD for Win7 64
60GB SSD for Skyrim
1TB HD 7200rpm

Total = $932

enjoy

casharmy

And the GPU is overpriced for what you get. Pop a 7950 in there and it will perform almost the same for almost 2/3 the price. (1/2 in some places)

God if you're gonna do something like this at least do it right and srop looking like an idiot/2.You forgot a PSU, motherboard and OS. Yes PC gaming is expensive but you don't take it up unless you think it's worth it. If you don't then great, stick to a console. That's what they're made for. 

1. Why don't you stop looking like an idiot and try to use your head instead of foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog.  All I did was post the specs from the discription that was under the link from the video duh...:roll: you want me to MAKE UP what the rest of his specific componets were so you could try to discredit what I said based on me lying or making $#!+ up?  

2. You go ahead and inform me of the exact PSU, motherboard and OS the guy was using from the video since you seem to know without them being liste...Oh wait?  Don't tell me you just thought I made that list of things up.  Oh you know what, I think you did sorry WRONG AGAIN.

Either way adding the other things you mentioned wouldn't make it any cheaper and that was the point of my post in the first place.:arrow:

you did add the first line in your post by yourself which btw is totally wrong
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="TheDevKit"] It's a nice looking game, but future consoles will over shadow it. As I explained before, the polygon counts on PC games are similar or identical to current console games.TheDevKit

That would create quite the paradox. But as of now, PC games do not look a generation ahead of console games.

Yes they do. Let's see that Skyrim console screen shot. Durrrr.

the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_534608100.jpg

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="TheDevKit"] It's a nice looking game, but future consoles will over shadow it. As I explained before, the polygon counts on PC games are similar or identical to current console games.

the "future starts" in less then 8 months pal aka PS4

Don't have time to find a link to a podcast, yet you can continue to post on here. You're an idiot.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

I see this is another "I can get a gaming rig for $200" and then post pics from a 2k rig (when you bought it) post.

Yippy! ;)

There will always be a market for consoles and will continue to compete with PCs for the simple fact that PS3 games work in every PS3.... same for 360, same for WiiU.

Computer gaming quality/experience depends on the comp you have. You can ignore that fact but its still true.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] Skyrim's just not a impressive looking game bro its old....and its been confirmed in a recent PS4 podcast with some Capcom developers..

Okay, let's see the link to that podcast.

i dont have it now.. my friend showed me it.. but im kinda busy to find it right now i will get it later today... plus you didnt see the part where the guy was moving around in the cave by him self? in the Deep Down trailer when the guy tosses him the torch, thats all in game footage bruh...

That's not gameplay. They put a hud on a scripted engine showcase. Are you that stupid?
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] the "future starts" in less then 8 months pal aka PS4xboxiphoneps3

Don't have time to find a link to a podcast, yet you can continue to post on here. You're an idiot.

like i said, my friend is busy right now... just go look at the Deep down trailer again and tell me how its not gameplay footage. calling someone a idiot doesnt make you any smarter ;) go play your heavily modded Skyrim that looks like **** btw

So no proof then. Well, looks like you lost this fight.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] the "future starts" in less then 8 months pal aka PS4xboxiphoneps3

like i said, my friend is busy right now... just go look at the Deep down trailer again and tell me how its not gameplay footage. calling someone a idiot doesnt make you any smarter ;) go play your heavily modded Skyrim that looks like **** btw

If you think that was gameplay :lol:
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Don't have time to find a link to a podcast, yet you can continue to post on here. You're an idiot.MonsieurX

Someone mentioned that podcast by the way on the youtube video. They said it was confirmed to be in-engine, not that it wasn't entirely unscripted though. It's not gameplay at all.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] like i said, my friend is busy right now... just go look at the Deep down trailer again and tell me how its not gameplay footage. calling someone a idiot doesnt make you any smarter ;) go play your heavily modded Skyrim that looks like **** btwxboxiphoneps3

why is it so hard to believe? current high end graphics cards are more then capable of producing those types of graphics... all the gameplay took place in a cave, so it can actually LOOK that good because its in such a small space and there is no draw distance or far lands to view... so all resources can be devoted in the cave

It was confirmed to be IN-ENGINE. It was NOT confirmed to be gameplay.
TheDevKit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheDevKit

[QUOTE="TheDevKit"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Of course future consoles will overshadow it, but that's in the future. We're not living in the future, are we?DragonfireXZ95

It looks nice of course, especially in screen shots. Unfortunately Skyrim is a poorly optimized game by default, without the technical issues mods bring. Some of these screen shots are taken with frame rates rendering at 5-10 FPS. The polygon counts remain the same, when the next generation consoles release you will see a major boost in PC visuals. You can polish a turd, but it's still low poly. Edit: I'd be willing to show you the specifications of the PC I use to develop software on, I've used these types of modifications before.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

casharmy

Yeah the guy is an idiot too, but you did post it as the hardware you NEED to play the game like that. You posted it believing it.

I'm not arguing the price, I'm arguing the inconsistencies in the hardware and how half of it isn't needed. 

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#74 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I see this is another "I can get a gaming rig for $200" and then post pics from a 2k rig (when you bought it) post.

Yippy! ;)

There will always be a market for consoles and will continue to compete with PCs for the simple fact that PS3 games work in every PS3.... same for 360, same for WiiU.

Computer gaming quality/experience depends on the comp you have. You can ignore that fact but its still true.

FragTycoon
My rig didn't cost 2k. :| I don't think anybody's here did.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="TheDevKit"] That would create quite the paradox. But as of now, PC games do not look a generation ahead of console games.TheDevKit

It looks nice of course, especially in screen shots. Unfortunately Skyrim is a poorly optimized game by default, without the technical issues mods bring. Some of these screen shots are taken with frame rates rendering at 5-10 FPS. The polygon counts remain the same, when the next generation consoles release you will see a major boost in PC visuals. You can polish a turd, but it's still low poly. Edit: I'd be willing to show you the specifications of the PC I use to develop software on, I've used these types of modifications before.

Really? Low framerate? Tell you what.

Same mods, Framerate in the upper left hand corner. I know because I took all of the screenshots I posted myself.

403237-1361712576.jpg

403237-1362168818.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

DragonfireXZ95

Same mods, Framerate in the upper left hand corner. I know because I took the screenshots.

I fvcking loathe the DOF in that mod. It literally blurs everything to make it seem better looking than it actually is. Look at that first pic, you can't make out any details in textures. 

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="TheDevKit"] It looks nice of course, especially in screen shots. Unfortunately Skyrim is a poorly optimized game by default, without the technical issues mods bring. Some of these screen shots are taken with frame rates rendering at 5-10 FPS. The polygon counts remain the same, when the next generation consoles release you will see a major boost in PC visuals. You can polish a turd, but it's still low poly. Edit: I'd be willing to show you the specifications of the PC I use to develop software on, I've used these types of modifications before.seanmcloughlin

Same mods, Framerate in the upper left hand corner. I know because I took the screenshots.

I fvcking loathe the DOF in that mod. It literally blurs everything to make it seem better looking than it actually is. Look at that first pic, you can't make out any details in textures. 

Most of the time, I would agree with you. However, this ENB I can actually play with and enjoy. I've tried ENB before and hated it, but for some reason, I actually like playing with this ENB.
TheDevKit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TheDevKit

DragonfireXZ95

Same mods, Framerate in the upper left hand corner. I know because I took all of the screenshots I posted myself.

I'm stating you have an already technically unoptimized game, adding user generated content doesn't help. The game isn't next generation with modifications by users, especially ones without access to hard coded data. Can you add post processing effects? Yes, but those will only take you so far. You need to increase the polygon counts of models and mesh for it to begin setting a standard for the next generation. Once more, depending on your standards, it's polishing a turd.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

System:
Intel i5-2500K@4,3GHz
16GB DDR3
120GB SSD for Win7 64
60GB SSD for Skyrim
1TB HD 7200rpm

Total = $932

enjoy

casharmy

Except your post was innaccurate.  Just because the video used those parts,does not make them needed or neccessary 

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

Yippy! ;)

princeofshapeir
My rig didn't cost 2k. :| I don't think anybody's here did.

My PC (rig? it's just a box of parts) did, which is odd, given that PC gamers insist that I must be poor.
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

First party software from Sony and Nintendo is the great reason why I don't care for half-baked mods.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LadyBlue

Yeah, mods. We know.freedomfreak
looks like she's about about to take a ****... you and your nasty fetishes. D=<

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Yeah, mods. We know.Pete-B

She's lurking. Looking for things to whip
Avatar image for crippledmachine
crippledmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 crippledmachine
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

I thought people were smart enough to realise that there is no comparison between PC and consoles since long time ago.

It's like comparing everyday cars with a Ferrari.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Yeah, mods. We know.freedomfreak

She's lurking. Looking for things to whip

It all makes sense now! you like getting abused/humilliated, this would be the ultimate assault on your dignity. I knew you were a freak the moment I laid eyes on you... but this be too much. D={

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I thought people were smart enough to realise that there is no comparison between PC and consoles since long time ago.

It's like comparing everyday cars with a Ferrari.

crippledmachine

They are fat 12 year olds who think otherwise.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#87 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

I watched at 1080p and saw nothing impressive.

zzzzzzzz PC gamers making things up now?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 freedomfreak
It all makes sense now! you like getting abused/humilliated, this would be the ultimate assault on your dignity. I knew you were a freak the moment I laid eyes on you... but this be too much. D={Pete-B
I sure don't mind a bit of whipping and spanking :oops:
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lostrib

KillzoneSnake

That's because you're a fanboy

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#90 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Here's a reason they can....... they don't cost $1000.

GD1551
you going spend 4-5 on crap computer Mywell put little extra and make sh!t run what you want...
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#91 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

lostrib

Sorry bro, but even the terrible Crysis 3 has better gfx... or Crysis 1 with mods xD

I fail to see the point of this thread. KZ SF not even finished and it kills all PC games.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

This thread,  really, wasn't needed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

KillzoneSnake

Sorry bro, but even the terrible Crysis 3 has better gfx... or Crysis 1 with mods xD

I fail to see the point of this thread. KZ SF not even finished and it kills all PC games.

I think the point was the use of mods.  Crysis 3 is still graphics king. and since KZ SF isnt finished yet, perhaps wait to see what it looks like before claiming it can beat "all" PC games

Avatar image for crippledmachine
crippledmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 crippledmachine
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

KZ SF not even finished and it kills all PC games.

KillzoneSnake

*facepalm*

L0mak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 L0mak
Member since 2012 • 179 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

KillzoneSnake

So desperate and sad. Yea that tech demo for a game running on "the new playstation"(IE a pc in the background lol) that nobody has seen yet. Will be amusing to watch your dissapointment when this console finally launches and we see what the actual game play looks like.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ohgeez
Member since 2011 • 919 Posts
Now if there was only a mod to make skyrim fun. I swear I've spent more time making skyrim look cool than actually playing it. I wish dark souls was as mod friendly as skyrim
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

KillzoneSnake

So when did you play Killzone SF then?
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Someone sum this thread up for me, I just got in from work and I'm not up to reading lots of silly comments.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#99 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

No amount of graphics mods could make that game any less boring.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 freedomfreak
Someone sum this thread up for me, I just got in from work and I'm not up to reading lots of silly comments.clyde46
Games on the computer have mods, apparently. Who knew.