Angry Joe weighs in on SFV's exclusivity EDIT: PART 2!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@aroxx_ab said:

@clone01 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Is he angry in the video?

No, he's a fucking idiot, like all of his videos.

He is less idiot than you people here in SW

maximum irony

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

If Sony had the money they would have probably bought Capcom already. They partnered for SFV, Deep Down/Dragons Dogma Online and possibly DMC. Seems like they will be in bed with each other for a while

btw angry joe sucks

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#153 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ballroompirate

LoL....... What you getting upset at me for ? You called popular guy on youtube an Epic Failure..... Ofcourse I'm gona rub it in your face.... If you don't like Ol' Joey then just say so.... Nobody's gona make a fuss about it, but you calling him an Epic Failure just because you don't like him.... Well look at the situation you're in.... If anybody's leaving... Its going to be you....

Like I've said, I don't like Angry Joe and his shit style of "reviewing", it was literally the 1st or 2nd post I did in this thread I mentioned the reasons why so I guess reading is hard for you. The thing is after a few times of saying it I don't like repeating myself for stupid ass window lickers who think it's funny repeating "why?"

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

@clone01 said:

@freedomfreak said:

No, he's a fucking idiot, like all of his videos.

He is less idiot than you people here in SW

lol. That's a ringing endorsement.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Ballroompirate

Yeah you did do that.... However you did not list your reasons for why he's an Epic Failure...... Or is it all the same to you ? Is what you dislike and whats a failure interchangeble to you ? And while we're on the subject... Whats with and beliittling and insulting everyone you disagree with ? Can't form a decent argument so you claim people are stupid and can't read ? Go ahead... Insult me again.....

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ballroompirate

Yeah you did do that.... However you did not list your reasons for why he's an Epic Failure...... Or is it all the same to you ? Is what you dislike and whats a failure interchangeble to you ? And while we're on the subject... Whats with and beliittling and insulting everyone you disagree with ? Can't form a decent argument so you claim people are stupid and can't read ? Go ahead... Insult me again.....

I belittle and insult annoying windows lickers cause people like you think it's funny to ask "why?" in every god damn conversation even when someone plainly states reasons why. Being a youtube celebrity doesn't equal to success or a none failure ect ect. If we want to go by "oh he has a million subscribers that means he's good/cool" then let's all drop our pants and accept that since CoD has insane sales it must be the best FPS game/series ever made, oh did I just show you a major flaw in the whole argument, I think I just did.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Lulu_Lulu

@Ballroompirate

"Being a youtube

celebrity doesn't equal to success or a none failure

ect ect. If we want to go by "oh he has a million subscribers that means he's good/cool" then let's

all drop our pants and accept that since CoD has

insane sales it must be the best FPS game/series

ever made, oh did I just show you a major flaw in

the whole argument, I think I just did."

LoL.... I don't whos argument that is but it damn sure wasn't mine ! My my, you are getting desperate, jumping to conclusions and making up things I never said.... Tsk tsk tsk.

Heres my argument: Angry Joe is not an Epic Failure.

And thats it, its that simple.

Just stick to insulting people, its better than thinking you can worm your way out this one, I mean come on, you didn't really think that was valid argument did you ?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

So Big Corporation exploits the system, claiming the protection of their copyright material (contrary to journalistic fair usage) to disguise their true intent; pure and blatant censorship. Sad thing is I'm not even surprised at this move by Crapcom.

What a fair and balanced system when publishers have unchecked power to trample over freedom of the press to censor any valid criticism :/

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#160 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Wow he ends with promoting the PC version of the game. Damn, Joe, you really made no good points.

Capcom is also flagging every video with a certain amount of content from SF5, because they're Capcom post 2006.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#161  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Capcom...a worthless game company. Good thing they make shit for good games, really not a massive loss to me. Always nice to see Joe ripping bullshit companies new holes, he's exceedingly good at it.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#162 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

as a user on here pointed out tomb raider EXCEEDED sales expectations, all ms done was money hat that shit to stop it releasing on sony platforms (timed exclusive obviously). tomb raider would release anyway regardless if ms paid money or not.

gamespot reported a year ago, ono the producer of street fighter said capcom couldnt afford to fund a sequel hence sony must have stepped in and is probably the reason why capcom are whoring themselves out to whoever wants to fund their ip

completely different situations

Nice excuses. Capcom sure didn't have a problem funding Street Fighter 4 turbo, arcade, super turbo, super super arcade turbo...

Things have changed since then. It's not just SF, everything major game Capcom is putting out short of Resident Evil releases are becoming platform exclusives (Monster Hunter, Deep Down, Dead Rising).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Lulu_Lulu

@Articuno76

Whats the State of 3rd Party Publishers anyway ? Why aren't they stepping over each other trying to punlish games for These studios ?

Why didn't Konami want to make another game with Platinum ? Why did EA drop Insomniac like a hot potato?

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Wow he ends with promoting the PC version of the game. Damn, Joe, you really made no good points.

Capcom is also flagging every video with a certain amount of content from SF5, because they're Capcom post 2006.

I am getting the PC version.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X

@schu said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

I am getting the PC version.

Yeah so am I; I'll probably get both. PS4 version first though.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#166 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Seems like Capcom can't handle the truth.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

I've noticed that a couple of posters have gargantuan sticks up their asses over Angry Joe. Seriously, it's like he had their mothers evicted from their homes so he could build processing factories for orphan tears where they once stood. What gives?

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Im kinda lost here. Snes = Street Fighter 2, PSX = Alpha, EX plus Alpha, SF3, PS2 = no SF, PS4 = SF5.

One generation of which SF hasn't been released so pretty much a dead cert to be released as Capcoms Holy Trinity of games are SF, MH, Ace Attorney. 2 will have loads of expansions created from the basic games (MH4 and SF5) as these are Capcoms go to games, I'm not quite sure how Ace Attorney varies fro each iteration. Seems to me that its more about Cross Play than anything as MS doesnt support it from what i can tell.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 X_CAPCOM_X

@Dibdibdobdobo said:

Im kinda lost here. Snes = Street Fighter 2, PSX = Alpha, EX plus Alpha, SF3, PS2 = no SF, PS4 = SF5.

One generation of which SF hasn't been released so pretty much a dead cert to be released as Capcoms Holy Trinity of games are SF, MH, Ace Attorney. 2 will have loads of expansions created from the basic games (MH4 and SF5) as these are Capcoms go to games, I'm not quite sure how Ace Attorney varies fro each iteration. Seems to me that its more about Cross Play than anything as MS doesnt support it from what i can tell.

Sony is funding development costs.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: That is what i dont understand, where does the exclusivity end? Does it end with number 5 or does work i the same way as Tri, Tri U and 4, 4U. As id be less willing to drop money on a game if i was a company like sony if it means SF5 will come with Turbo Edition.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 X_CAPCOM_X

@Dibdibdobdobo: Capcom said they want to avoid making multiple iterations this time around.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Let it go Lulu_Lulu

On Topic: This is not the first time that this shit happen to Joe, he had problems with youtube last year so it's not Capcom that pull the plug, it was youtube itself. AJ knows better this now.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Lulu_Lulu

@DaVillain-

Hmmmmmm..... I'm just upset, y'know.... I had alot of respect for Capcom, and I'm not talking about Classic Capcom either, I mean post Clover Studios Capcom..... You know things are bad when even the people who had Capcom's back after Mikami and Kamiya left are also upset.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@davillain- said:

On Topic: This is not the first time that this shit happen to Joe, he had problems with youtube last year so it's not Capcom that pull the plug, it was youtube itself. AJ knows better this now.

Capcom had to file the claim. Youtube doesn't just arbitrarily yank videos. In fact they don't even have to deliberate a claim first when it's filed. The publisher in question simply has to click a button and the video is immediately dropped, and then the claim has to be refuted (which can take up to 4 days) while the video is already offline.

So yes, it is Capcom that pulled the plug, as it's their action to remove it which is automatic, and Youtube has the luxury of time to review that claim while it's not available for viewing. It's a shit system that enables censorship by publishers who don't want to allow bad press, be that commentary or a review.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I like Angry Joe. His reviews are well thought out. However, his whiny videos are unwatchable. Whenever he gets upset it is like the man can't reason anymore.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@davillain- said:

Capcom had to file the claim. Youtube doesn't just arbitrarily yank videos. In fact they don't even have to deliberate a claim first when it's filed. The publisher in question simply has to click a button and the video is immediately dropped, and then the claim has to be refuted (which can take up to 4 days) while the video is already offline.

So yes, it is Capcom that pulled the plug, as it's their action to remove it which is automatic, and Youtube has the luxury of time to review that claim while it's not available for viewing. It's a shit system that enables censorship by publishers who don't want to allow bad press, be that commentary or a review.

interesting. Well in any case, most of the times, when Joe makes a whiny video such as this, [but most of his epic fail videos are not bad] it becomes clear to me that the man can't be reason when he has a meltdown.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator

@davillain-: @Heirren:

I mostly find that Joe's rants are founded on legitimate criticisms (shady DLC and microtransation practices, DRM, companies nickle and diming the consumer, buggy game releases, etc...) so really, he has good reason to vent frustration in his commentary. It's seldom just random for the hell of living up to his namesake. The same holds true here.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I will not buy SF5 on PC unless Capcom apologizes to Angry Joe.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I don't know what the tizzy is. Street Fighter has a small following when compared to other genres. Good games but not a major blow.

I'm buying it, so it's a major blow. I wouldn't have bought it if it were also on X1. JK

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Not compared to other videos I've seen him do.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

That second video is really funny (and sad), for those that didn't watch it Capcom gave Angry Joe their press release info with links to a bunch of digital content and said to spread the word, and he did just that, then they flagged him for it because they didn't like what he had to say.

Personally, I don't care as much that SFV is exclusive, at least not in and of itself. If Sony paid Capcom a hefty sum to make it console exclusive to PS4 then by all means Capcom, that's at least a motivated reason to do this. If however, their partnership really only amounts to assisting with marketing costs, then I do find that just to be a very poor decision, and one that's not worth cutting out a substantial portion of the Western market and the finger in the face of Xbox One owning Street Fighter fans.

And that's kind of what I suspect, after all Capcom has in the past decided to play favorites with no financial incentive to do so. I've no reason to suspect Nintendo paid Capcom to release Okamiden on DS, or Okami on Wii, and not release it on the Xbox 360 or PS3 at the time. I've no reason to believe that the Okami HD remake was paid for exclusive on Sony's part. Capcom tailored a few games to the GameCube a decade back with no real obligation for exclusivity as they later ported them to the PS2, games like Resident Evil 4, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe. Capcom doesn't get paid off, they just play favorites. However, it was no secret when Capcom got paid by MS to make Lost Planet and Dead Rising timed exclusives to the Xbox 360. Yet, even when they were paid, they didn't follow up with timely sequels, instead they waited for exclusivity to end to port these games to Wii and PS3 and then develop console multiplatform sequels to them. Will they do the same here? We'll have to wait and see.

And I highly doubt Capcom needed money funding this game, especially since the franchise is a healthy seller, and Capcom is a big publisher. If that were true then Capcom must be in some serious financial trouble. But I doubt that's the case at all. Drawing comparisons to this and say Bayonetta 2 hardly compare. Bayonetta 2 was a game that the publisher wasn't going to publish despite it's critical success, and decent sales as a new IP. There's no shortage of criticism that all Sega will back is Sonic titles. And Joe is right, Street Fighter is a big of enough seller that it should easily pay for itself. If Sony were to pay off Capcom to make it exclusive then I hope they paid them good for that, I just highly doubt that was the case at all.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

there was nobody that was a bigger fighter fan back in the day when you and your friends sat around passing the controller than me but wtf do i care now?

those days are long gone.

even with all the guys i live near we just stay home and play anyway and i'm not going to play fighters online because you can never get that old school fraction of a second hits between animation frames gameplay that made them fun anyway.

in conclusion, r.i.p. street fighter.

Super Street fighter 2 Turbo on the SNES, Friends, beers, other stuff and the Snes, good old days,lol

i still remember paying like $75 or $80 bucks for that game because it was the big breakthrough FIRST 16 MEG CONSOLE GAME!

lol.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#183  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@schu said:

I will not buy SF5 on PC unless Capcom apologizes to Angry Joe.

Joe is the one that has to apologize to Capcom.

@AdobeArtist said:

@davillain- said:

at the end of the day the file was claimed because he used footage straight from another channel in his monetized video. As a veteran Youtuber by now I think he should know how shit works on Youtube. And not to mention that Capcom provided him with the footage, so this happened to him for being a lazy ****.

http://youtu.be/fTP3c2eV0zU?t=1m43s

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797370?hl=en

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@Gue1 said:

@AdobeArtist said:

@davillain- said:

at the end of the day the file was claimed because he used footage straight from another channel in his monetized video. As a veteran Youtuber by now I think he should know how shit works on Youtube. And not to mention that Capcom provided him with the footage, so this happened to him for being a lazy ****.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797370?hl=en

What other channel did Joe use any footage from? So far as we know, he used the video clips and image files that Capcom themselves provided. The flag is just bogus, and it should be readily apparent only occurred because of his criticisms, which Capcom wanted to silence. If his video was all praise, it would still be up uninterrupted.