Angry Joe weighs in on SFV's exclusivity EDIT: PART 2!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Angry Joe is dumb. Capcom is not going to lose any sales. The xbone is selling terrible. This is a none issue. Everyone and there momma is buying a PS4.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Legend002 said:

@Cloud_imperium: He got his theory, I got mine. Telling people to get a PC over the console already hurt his credibility to me. I got a higher end PC and I still can't recommend that especially with the latest Bloodborne, Order and Uncharted footage that was shown.

Eh he's a 12 year old fan boy fighting SW....

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#104 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Legend002 said:

@Cloud_imperium: He got his theory, I got mine. Telling people to get a PC over the console already hurt his credibility to me. I got a higher end PC and I still can't recommend that especially with the latest Bloodborne, Order and Uncharted footage that was shown.

You should read first. That's irony .

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Honestly I got to agree with Angry Joe here, I'm not really excited for another Street Fighter, just Mortal Kombat for that matter and the fact that Capcom tends to milk DLC which they have a track record of doing so for Street Fighter, I'm just going to wait for the complete bundle edition with all DLC. I learn my lesson from Marvel vs Capcom 3. That said why is Capcom so worry about Street Fighter, I thought they were busy with Deep Down. Are they still on track for that game cause I haven't heard anything news on it?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 LJS9502_basic

@Cloud_imperium said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Legend002 said:

Crush on Angry Joe to rush to his defense? Sorry.....I don't care if you cry over someone not liking Angry Joe. Deal with it.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Is he angry in the video?

No, he's a fucking idiot, like all of his videos.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LJS9502_basic

@clone01 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Don't let cloud_imperium see that post. He's gets upset.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Angry Joe is dumb. Capcom is not going to lose any sales. The xbone is selling terrible. This is a none issue. Everyone and there momma is buying a PS4.

X1 was never selling badly, only not as well compared to the PS4, but it always had healthy sales. Also X1 sales have picked up since November I think.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

there was nobody that was a bigger fighter fan back in the day when you and your friends sat around passing the controller than me but wtf do i care now?

those days are long gone.

even with all the guys i live near we just stay home and play anyway and i'm not going to play fighters online because you can never get that old school fraction of a second hits between animation frames gameplay that made them fun anyway.

in conclusion, r.i.p. street fighter.

Super Street fighter 2 Turbo on the SNES, Friends, beers, other stuff and the Snes, good old days,lol

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

I'm just surprised many people are trying to claim that the TR situation is the same as the SF V situation.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

I own a PS4 and am thrilled with the news. It is great to know that it will not be dumbed down to have to run on the piece of shit xbox one.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#114 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Tired of Angry Joe's schtick by now. It just isn't funny. He tries to yell about every little thing even when it's inconsequential. SFV being exclusive to PS4 and PC isn't a big deal at all.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@tacoma1972: you're trying too hard

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#116 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Crush on Angry Joe to rush to his defense? Sorry.....I don't care if you cry over someone not liking Angry Joe. Deal with it.

You totally missed my point . Bravo .

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 StrifeDelivery

@DerekLoffin said:

There is quite a difference between making a full new game (which means all new assets, potentially a new engine and fighting mechanics) to just tacking on new stuff to an existing engine and tweaking the existing mechanics expense wise.

All the info we have on the situation points to a Baya2 situation, that it wasn't going to be made, at least not anytime soon, without outside funding.

Exactly. Don't know why people are saying this is a loss for gamers, even though these same people praised Nintendo for funding Bayonetta 2. Everything seems to point to Capcom needing the funding. I don't get why this is a problem for people. This situation is completely different from the TR situation.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

@DerekLoffin said:

There is quite a difference between making a full new game (which means all new assets, potentially a new engine and fighting mechanics) to just tacking on new stuff to an existing engine and tweaking the existing mechanics expense wise.

All the info we have on the situation points to a Baya2 situation, that it wasn't going to be made, at least not anytime soon, without outside funding.

Exactly. Don't know why people are saying this is a loss for gamers, even though these same people praised Nintendo for funding Bayonetta 2. Everything seems to point to Capcom needing the funding. I don't get why this is a problem for people. This situation is completely different from the TR situation.

Really? you can't see why this game being a console exclusive to the ps4 would be an issue for people?. Also i would like to see some kind of proof that capcom really needed funding for what people view to be their flagship title.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By StrifeDelivery
@lawlessx said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

Really? you can't see why this game being a console exclusive to the ps4 would be an issue for people?. Also i would like to see some kind of proof that capcom really needed funding for what people view to be their flagship title.

Did you read through the thread? Ghostwarrior posted a link already, but I guess I will repost said link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/

"A fan asked Ono on Twitter if he was secretly working on Street Fighter V for next-generation consoles, to which the designer replied, "I don't have R&D budget and staff.""

So looks like the Street Fighter producer says they didn't have the budget for the game. Should be enough proof for you. People cried when Bayonetta 2 was only on the Wii U, guess people can cry about Street Fighter V as well.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:
@lawlessx said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

Did you read through the thread? Ghostwarrior posted a link already, but I guess I will repost said link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/

"A fan asked Ono on Twitter if he was secretly working on Street Fighter V for next-generation consoles, to which the designer replied, "I don't have R&D budget and staff.""

So looks like the Street Fighter producer says they didn't have the budget for the game. Should be enough proof for you. People cried when Bayonetta 2 was only on the Wii U, guess people can cry about Street Fighter V as well.

If you read the whole article you would also see they were STILL working on Ultra Street Fighter IV when that question was asked. Why would he have a budget/staff for SFV if he was still working on the prior game? It's likely AFTER that game went gold, or was close to finished that they sat down to really look at SFV and map out a budget and staff. Why waste people on a future game when they could be used to work on a current one?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Well Capcom just claimed his rant video... Wonder if they claim is rant video ranting about his rant video being claimed!

Loading Video...

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 StrifeDelivery

@Zlurodirom said:

If you read the whole article you would also see they were STILL working on Ultra Street Fighter IV when that question was asked. Why would he have a budget/staff for SFV if he was still working on the prior game? It's likely AFTER that game went gold, or was close to finished that they sat down to really look at SFV and map out a budget and staff. Why waste people on a future game when they could be used to work on a current one?

Yeah, I did read the article, and it seems you are kind of reaching. Why would he respond with such a specific post? Why wouldn't he just say something like "We're currently focusing on Ultra Street Fighter IV" or "We don't currently have plans for Street Fighter V". Instead, he talks about issues with his R&D budget and staff.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Zlurodirom

@StrifeDelivery said:

@Zlurodirom said:

Yeah, I did read the article, and it seems you are kind of reaching. Why would he respond with such a specific post? Why wouldn't he just say something like "We're currently focusing on Ultra Street Fighter IV" or "We don't currently have plans for Street Fighter V". Instead, he talks about issues with his R&D budget and staff.

Or he was focusing on the upcoming game and didn't want to waste time talking about something that he didn't know about? We don't know what it's like inside of Capcom, for all we know they don't talk about the next project until the current one is finished, maybe it helps keep them focused? Plus if you read the actual Tweet, I really have no idea what he is trying to say. It could either mean they don't have a team/budget for SFV or his current staff is only there to work on USFIV and he's unsure when it's finished. Plus it was a single tweet from almost 1.5 years ago. Before the prior game came out, maybe Capcom needed to see how successful USFIV was before greenlighting SFV.

It is possible that Sony is funding everything, but wouldn't you think Sony would be bragging about that? Nintendo sure did for Bayonetta 2, right?

Right now it's all speculation until Capcom or Sony tell us what happened.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 StrifeDelivery

@Zlurodirom said:

Or he was focusing on the upcoming game and didn't want to waste time talking about something that he didn't know about? We don't know what it's like inside of Capcom, for all we know they don't talk about the next project until the current one is finished, maybe it helps keep them focused? Plus if you read the actual Tweet, I really have no idea what he is trying to say. It could either mean they don't have a team/budget for SFV or his current staff is only there to work on USFIV and he's unsure when it's finished. Plus it was a single tweet from almost 1.5 years ago. Before the prior game came out, maybe Capcom needed to see how successful USFIV was before greenlighting SFV.

It is possible that Sony is funding everything, but wouldn't you think Sony would be bragging about that? Nintendo sure did for Bayonetta 2, right?

Talking about something he didn't know? He is one of the main producers for Capcom, he would surely know what is going on. If he didn't want to talk about the next project, why would he talk about something as specific as the R&D budget and staff for said game instead of just saying something much simpler, such as we're focusing on Ultra Street Fighter IV or we don't have any plans right now for Street Fighter V.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Zlurodirom

@StrifeDelivery said:

@Zlurodirom said:

Talking about something he didn't know? He is one of the main producers for Capcom, he would surely know what is going on. If he didn't want to talk about the next project, why would he talk about something as specific as the R&D budget and staff for said game instead of just saying something much simpler, such as we're focusing on Ultra Street Fighter IV or we don't have any plans right now for Street Fighter V.

Honestly I have no idea who he is, but if English isn't his first language (which is what I think when I read his tweet), perhaps the language barrier is responsible for his poor response. If there was no SFV he easily could have said, "No budget, so no SFV" or something similar and more straightforward.

He has no obligation to specifically answer either way. Maybe at the time it was up in the air, but USFIV was successful enough to greenlight SFV? It's been 1.5 years since a single tweet using poor English, basing so much speculation on it is ridiculous.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#126 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I have to say "Epic Fail" pretty much describes Angry Joe, his reviews and his fanboys.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

I have to say "Epic Fail" pretty much describes Angry Joe, his reviews and his fanboys.

jealous much

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Ballroompirate

Depends.... What is he failing at exactly ?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Ballroompirate

@notorious1234na said:

@Ballroompirate said:

jealous much

If I was jealous of stupid people

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ballroompirate

Depends.... What is he failing at exactly ?

Everything he does is not only annoying, but equivalent to laughing at fart jokes. When you try to be funny like he does it's sad, then when he tries to bash things in games which is pretty much every game he does a "review" for it's like why even bother criticizing a form of entertainment when all you're gonna do is bash a game and fail and being funny. If he wants to be actually funny he needs to learn how to do it like zero punctuation does.

While watching his playthrough of Dark Souls I honestly wanted to mute the damn video.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Ballroompirate

Sounds like its just you who doesn't find him funny..... I don't think its fair to claim epic failure if the only standards are yours.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ballroompirate

Sounds like its just you who doesn't find him funny..... I don't think its fair to claim epic failure if the only standards are yours.

he jelly

jelly

jelly

jelly

jelly

jelly

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#132 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts
Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 LJS9502_basic

@Cloud_imperium said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You totally missed my point . Bravo .

No I did not. I made a comment about Angry Joe and you came white knighting to his rescue. Perhaps it's you that has a reading comprehension problem.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Angry Joe fucked up. He has to make a 3rd video but now to apologize and he has become an enemy to the echo-chamber known as Neogaf (the only cocks they suck now are Kotaku's and Jim Sterling's since they pander so much to them).

The first video ranting about SFV exclusivity was tagged for demonetization for using footage from another Youtube channel and not for copyright claims to silence him by Capcom. On to of it, it was an automated claim by Youtube.

http://youtu.be/fTP3c2eV0zU?t=1m43s

Angry Joe now has the video as unlisted.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
@Ballroompirate said:

A million subscribers. Makes a living on youtube. Sounds like he has succeeded. Where is the fail?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Ballroompirate said:

A million subscribers. Makes a living on youtube. Sounds like he has succeeded. Where is the fail?

That just proves people are idiots......

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Sony has given capcom money to make street fighter 5 so without that it would of never come out

at the tournaments the xbox one got booed by everyone, so it's just one of them things without Sony it would never of come at least it's on PC as well and it's cross platform play, so it's good news for street fighter.

just like Tomb Raider may of not come out if it wasn't for microsoft.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#138 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LJS9502_basic

Because he's oppinion really does matter ?

No Lulu his opinion doesn't really matter....it's no more important than any other person's. He's just a mouth breather with a youtube account.

I'd hardly call him a mouth breather. He's a surprisingly honest and reliable game critic, even if his spiel/skits aren't your cup of tea

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Ballroompirate

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ballroompirate

Yes cause I'm the only one in the world out of 7 billion people who doesn't find him funny...k...please stop with your stupidity

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Ballroompirate said:

If that's what it takes to succeed in life we're fucked as a human race and you even commenting on the "success" of a million youtube subscribers is the equivalent of saying "since CoD sells almost 10 million copies per release, clearly it's the best FPS ever made", oh did I just caught you with your pants down, I think I just did.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Ballroompirate

"If that's what it takes to succeed in life we're fucked as a human race and you even commenting on the "success" of a million youtube subscribers is the equivalent of saying "since CoD sells almost 10 million copies per release, clearly it's the best FPS ever made", oh did I just caught you with your pants down, I think I just did."

Whatever... The bottom line is he is not a failure.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Ballroompirate

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ballroompirate

"If that's what it takes to succeed in life we're fucked as a human race and you even commenting on the "success" of a million youtube subscribers is the equivalent of saying "since CoD sells almost 10 million copies per release, clearly it's the best FPS ever made", oh did I just caught you with your pants down, I think I just did."

Whatever... The bottom line is he is not a failure.

Not in your opinion, which I'm glad not everyone in the world has the same opinion as you.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I love AJ but if he keeps this up Capcom will work with Youtube to make him find an angry job.

I'm not even defending Capcom with this sentiment either, that's just how youtube works. The only game related channel they care about is pewdiepie and part of him not getting flagged is because he just offers stupid fucking commentary about nothing, no critical analysis or anything remotely resembling intelligence.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ballroompirate

Yes cause I'm the only one in the world out of 7 billion people who doesn't find him funny...k...please stop with your stupidity

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Ballroompirate said:

If that's what it takes to succeed in life we're fucked as a human race and you even commenting on the "success" of a million youtube subscribers is the equivalent of saying "since CoD sells almost 10 million copies per release, clearly it's the best FPS ever made", oh did I just caught you with your pants down, I think I just did.

He gets to do what he loves for a living. I call that a success. And I'm sure he's pulling in some nice bank in the process. These high end youtubers make six figures and more. At the very least he makes enough so that he doesn't have to work a crap job like the rest of us. That alone is a success. You can poke fun at it all you want, he gets to sit back, make videos about gaming, and make money in the process.

I would trade places with him any day.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Ballroompirate

@Bread_or_Decide: Whining about every flaw in a video game on youtube "for a living" is something I'd not put on a resume for any future job.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Lulu_Lulu

@Ballroompirate

So what... You think you're oppinion is better than mine ?

Tell me Mr. Pirate... How is Angry Joe an Epic Failure ?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ballroompirate

Well Lulu, that's because your opinion is most often garbage.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Lulu_Lulu

@ReadingRainbow4

So says who ? The bunch of people who don't like me ?

Very Nice... Please Mr. Rainbow, tell me more.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Ballroompirate

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ballroompirate

You like repeating yourself don't you, cause I don't.

The door is that way -------> and I hope it hits you in the ass on the way out.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@clone01 said:

@freedomfreak said:

He is less idiot than you people here in SW

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Ballroompirate

LoL....... What you getting upset at me for ? You called popular guy on youtube an Epic Failure..... Ofcourse I'm gona rub it in your face.... If you don't like Ol' Joey then just say so.... Nobody's gona make a fuss about it, but you calling him an Epic Failure just because you don't like him.... Well look at the situation you're in.... If anybody's leaving... Its going to be you....