Alien: Isolation. ULTIMATE HYPE THREAD. Out this Tuesday!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#101 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

It's great console users will finally be able to be Amnesia. Albeit 5 times the price and probably graphically not whats in that trailer.

Or good.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I feel the game will become frustrating or just boring quickly unless if they do something amazing and different.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#103  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Very interested in this game. Added to my wishlist.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#104 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Best console version will be PS4. Better resolution and higher frame rates. Will probably have more and better effects. Hoping this will be worth it.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

please make good use of the alien IP.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Come on is that really scary?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ lbjkurono23

Fear is Irrational.... It also doesn't work on people who are dead inside. :p

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Yet another video, it has just come out today, courtesy of Gamespot actually:

Loading Video...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Hopefully there will be a awesome CE edition. I was bummed I didn't get the last games, since I canceled my order since the game was shit.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@Heil68 said:

Hopefully there will be a awesome CE edition. I was bummed I didn't get the last games, since I canceled my order since the game was shit.

I cancelled my pre-order the day it was supposed to arrive - because the embargo was in effect and no one couldn't read any reviews before the premiere - but the courier had already been dispatched so I had to refuse to accept the shipment, LOL. First time in my life. $60 well saved.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

It has been said before, but I really hope they know how to keep this idea of one alien fresh throughout the whole game. I'm not feeling too confident tbh...

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@sts106mat said:

I just learned some very sad news....HR giger, the artist behind the design of the original Alien died yesterday following a fall.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/alien-artist-h-r-giger-dies-74-091002193.html#yaKfqlw

RIP HR GIGER

RIP :/

On topic, I have a hard time imagining a full game like this being pulled off well. I fear that the criticisms from Amnesia's creator are rather correct, even if the game looks "promising" right now.

A: CM also looked amazing prior to release.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#114 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@sts106mat said:

I just learned some very sad news....HR giger, the artist behind the design of the original Alien died yesterday following a fall.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/alien-artist-h-r-giger-dies-74-091002193.html#yaKfqlw

RIP HR GIGER

Oh, that sucks! :(

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Lulu_Lulu

He Fell ? :o

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

RIP, Alien changed my life forever ever since I saw it when I was 7-8.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Salt_The_Fries

Updated the OP with the newest dev diary piece from this month, courtesy of Gamespot:

Loading Video...

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Looks awesome but i dont have my hopes high when look back at last Alien games

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#119 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Fraking A October is gonna be a busy month...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Lulu_Lulu

Still no Co-Op huh ?

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: You seem obsessed with co-op

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#122  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

How do you make a game of the first movie when the monster isn't shown till the end?

Given this developer's reputation for failing to polish most of their games I'd wait for user feedback.

I'm still curious to see how it turns out though.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Lulu_Lulu

@blangenakker

"Obsessed is an Understatement"

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Some footage look amazing, other footage look last gen. I'm interested though.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Mystery_Writer

I'd love to spit out my usual filth about how graphics don't matter but in this case thats just not true.... I think they're fine though.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

Some new videos from E3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eNjaZA7DEo

Loading Video...

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

The game looks beyond amazing. I think it is the new fire king. I've revamped the OP MASSIVELY, I've put a tremendous amount of work.

Here are most key things I've learned from the videos:

• The game's AI and Alien encounters (apart from key setpieces) are all non-scripted and a result of an emergent gameplay
  • The game, apart from the campaign, will also feature a separate time-based challenge mode, which also has a set of bonus requirements, such as not using the motion tracker, or collecting certain amount of objects of a given type or simply completing some sort of a secondary objective.
  • The game will feature encounters with androids, who, like Ash in the first movie, are extremely sturdy and will require several different tactics that could be improvised on the fly in order to get rid of them.
  • Not all androids will be hostile, some of them will be helpful, some of them neutral, but some of them will be aggressive towards the player as well
  • The game will support Occulus Rift and this version has already been demo'd at E3
  • The game puts a heavy emphasis on gathering and utilizing various types of resources for crafting as well as puzzle solving and adventure-centric exploration.

Feel free to explore DOZENS OF VIDEOS AND TEXT PREVIEWS!

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Salt_The_Fries

@underdog123x said:

Looks like shit

No, it doesn't, plus the YouTube materials are in 720p.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

Why is no one interested? The game looks and feels better than ever.

AJCyberpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#132 AJCyberpunk
Member since 2014 • 29 Posts

Cant wait for my DK2 to come in july, i will tryn it with this when it comes out

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Only thing i don´t like is that when you die, then you respawn near that location which takes all the fun away. Yeah, you can put hardest setting but still... i don´t like that game is made easy. I want all players must play on hardest settings and there is no such thing like easy setting

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#134 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

So glad they included Rift support. The game seemed perfect for it when I played it at EGX earlier this year. Ill probably hold off playing this till I get a retail Rift. ...If I can wait that long.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Salt_The_Fries

I've put a staggering amount of time to polish the OP and give it chock-full of info, and yet no one seems to be interested.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Lulu_Lulu

@Salt_The_Fries

Don't blame yourself.... You did great... Blame the Source ! Creative Assembly should've added co-op.....

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Salt_The_Fries
Loading Video...

Great new interview with Angry Joe, it sheds some new light on the campaign.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#138 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't believe a word of what CA says after the mess Rome II was, much less the fact that this is their first foray into the FPS genre. I'll believe it when I see it. That said, if they are able to nail this it has the potential to be something special. They just had better deliver on the AI, as that's the one element that will make or break such a game.

I hope Sony realizes the opportunity Isolation presents for their Morpheus headset. Such an experience done right in VR would sell systems like crazy.

Pretty much this.... People need to stop buying into the bullsh!t hype or devs and publishers are going to pull the same sh!t they did with Watch Dog's, Colonial Marines, Rome 2 etc etc until you idiots out there stop preordering...

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Salt_The_Fries

@sSubZerOo said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I don't believe a word of what CA says after the mess Rome II was, much less the fact that this is their first foray into the FPS genre. I'll believe it when I see it. That said, if they are able to nail this it has the potential to be something special. They just had better deliver on the AI, as that's the one element that will make or break such a game.

I hope Sony realizes the opportunity Isolation presents for their Morpheus headset. Such an experience done right in VR would sell systems like crazy.

Pretty much this.... People need to stop buying into the bullsh!t hype or devs and publishers are going to pull the same sh!t they did with Watch Dog's, Colonial Marines, Rome 2 etc etc until you idiots out there stop preordering...

No, these guys are genuine and Angry Joe played the demo himself and was massively impressed, and you should remember his violently angry review of Colonial Marines where he tore it to shreds, so if anything, there's hardly a person in the world who hates Colonial Marines more than he does.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#140  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

You're full of shit. There's a briefing with Weyland-Yutani executives in ALIENS and they explicitly refer to a flight recorder, although it's most likely it's the one from Narcissus, its emergency shuttle and the people writing articles about this game didn't bother to make the distinction, coz they're casuals in Alien lore, unlike me, a maniac since 1993.

Good call. I'm a big sci fi buff myself. Love the quadrilogy of directors cuts. Logically the flight recorder on todays airplanes can survive major crashes. Why wouldn't the the tech of the black box strengthen along with travel tech? Maybe it is the flight recorder from the destroyed ship.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@sSubZerOo said:
@MirkoS77 said:

No, these guys are genuine and Angry Joe played the demo himself and was massively impressed, and you should remember his violently angry review of Colonial Marines where he tore it to shreds, so if anything, there's hardly a person in the world who hates Colonial Marines more than he does.

... Angry Joe hyped the sh!t out of Alien Colonial Marines and loved the E3 demo.. In fact after the E3 demo of Alien Colonial Marines, every one was psyched for the game.. I seriously wish people could stop fvcking buying into this dumbass PR campaigns and actually act intelligently and not pre order the games any more.. There is little to gain from it and your basically telling the companies that they don't need to make quality products but push this huge PR campaign to get you suckers to buy their game before word gets out that it's a PoS. You people are the ones that are basically telling companies like Ubisoft, Sega, etc etc to grossly lie about their products to build hype for you suckers to buy in to it.. And what happens if it turns out to be a great game? Well guess what, you can go out and get it.. You literally lose NOTHING from avoiding to preorder it.. While at the same time avoiding the possibility that it turns out to be a poor game! It's a win win situation..

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

...and here i thought this game was all about stealth and not guns:/

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Salt_The_Fries
@sSubZerOo said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@sSubZerOo said:
@MirkoS77 said:

... Angry Joe hyped the sh!t out of Alien Colonial Marines and loved the E3 demo.. In fact after the E3 demo of Alien Colonial Marines, every one was psyched for the game.. I seriously wish people could stop fvcking buying into this dumbass PR campaigns and actually act intelligently and not pre order the games any more.. There is little to gain from it and your basically telling the companies that they don't need to make quality products but push this huge PR campaign to get you suckers to buy their game before word gets out that it's a PoS. You people are the ones that are basically telling companies like Ubisoft, Sega, etc etc to grossly lie about their products to build hype for you suckers to buy in to it.. And what happens if it turns out to be a great game? Well guess what, you can go out and get it.. You literally lose NOTHING from avoiding to preorder it.. While at the same time avoiding the possibility that it turns out to be a poor game! It's a win win situation..

You do realize that Colonial Marines demo was all stage and came almost whole 2 years before the game itself? And in this case, this is mere 4 months before the release? This is the real game, not a fugazi. There won't be any drastic changes. Do you also realize they showed both the campaign mode and separate challenge mode already?

@aroxx_ab said:

...and here i thought this game was all about stealth and not guns:/

Your guns won't do shit to Alien. You will have 2 blasts of flamethrower at most and all pistols you find have like 2-3 rounds of ammo. You won't kill a droid with it either. You will only be able to kill some humans if they will turn hostile on you.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#144  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I just watched Prometheus and have had my love of the Alien franchise reignited.

This looks really good.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I like this more now that The Alien won't be the only enemy to interact with. The metroidvania angle sounds cool as well.

Aliens is my favorite Cameron movie, I hope we get a proper game version of that someday, largescale alien attacks on colony's manned by only a handful of marines and security drones.

Reinforcements unable to land due to intense and dangerous weather, open world. Omg that would be fucking awesome.

Still this is a good start.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#146 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:
@sSubZerOo said:

You do realize that Colonial Marines demo was all stage and came almost whole 2 years before the game itself? And in this case, this is mere 4 months before the release? This is the real game, not a fugazi. There won't be any drastic changes. Do you also realize they showed both the campaign mode and separate challenge mode already?

Don't forget the fact Gearbox never made a playable demo for gamers or journalists; the only demos they had were either staged or scripted for the developers to play through and make it look like a good game. This is not the case for Isolation. Gamers, fans, and journalists have all gotten to play campaign and challenge mode demos have responded with overwhelming positive feedback. Everything CA stated about what they're trying to do with the game has been echoed by all who have played the demos. This is not the same case as Colonial Marines at all.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

has the devs mention how long this game is? Because one xenomorph makes it sounds like its a very, very shot game.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

Actually that's why there are also some humans and androids. The game is said to offer a 15 hour campaign according to devs.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Actually that's why there are also some humans and androids. The game is said to offer a 15 hour campaign according to devs.

saw the e3 video. i guess I can see how will androids work, but what about the humans though? how will they fit to the game?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#150 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

An OR with this game sounds incredible.