Activision removes PS3 from COD: Black OPS ads.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
some grass doesn't make the experience of playing a game any better. _Cadbury_
depends what kind of grass you are talking about,lol
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#202 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41594 Posts
Oh look, it's the oh so annoying advertisements of advertising non-exclusive games like they are exclusive. MS has did it so many times this gen with these games as examples: Final Fantasy XIII Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 Splinter Cell: Double Agent And don't get me wrong, Sony and Nintendo are guilty of doing the same thing. I hate it when they advertise it like that. Main reason is that no one will know if it's on other platforms unless they go on gaming sites.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

While Sony spends money on acquiring more first party support for more exclusive games, Microsoft spends cash on exclusive advertising & early DLC to try & capitalize on multiplats. In an age where it's as simple as a few mouse clicks to find out everything about a game, including what platforms it will be available on, Microsoft buys exclusive advertising in a few select gaming magazines.

Now that Halo has ended, if a new big IP or a change in priorities doesn't occur, I'll switch from Microsoft next gen. With the focus on Kinect, things are looking grim, but I won't give up hope yet.

emperorzhang66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 emperorzhang66
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts
Em, is this really much different from the ps3 getting a remake of the best ww2 shooter with MOH? and not the 360?
max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

does it really matter

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#206 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
This further proves the casualization of the 360. MS targeting sales before good games.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 delta3074
This further proves the casualization of the 360. MS targeting sales before good games.gamebreakerz__
that's the whole point of being a business,you think SONY does it for giggles, and no offence but it really erks me that Ps3 fanboys think move=hardcore, kinect=casual, it doesn't work that way, both SONY and MS are targetting the casual market.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]This further proves the casualization of the 360. MS targeting sales before good games.delta3074
that's the whole point of being a business,you think SONY does it for giggles, and no offence but it really erks me that Ps3 fanboys think move=hardcore, kinect=casual, it doesn't work that way, both SONY and MS are targetting the casual market.

Fact of the matter is that Sony are gaining more devs while MS are losing them and investing huge amounts of money in casual crap which is what COD has become.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#209 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Good business decision imo.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#210 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
I don't think this is news to be honest. This happens all the time with new games; companies sponsor each others ads in exchange for stuff like this.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
I am not sure how sound a business move this is. This isn't gonna convince somebody to buy a 360 for this game and I am pretty sure the moment somebody walks into ANY gamestop that initial wall behind the cash register will be full of 360 and PS3 copies of the game. I don't think this will fool anybody, especially if this is targeting the same fanbase as COD MW2. This game will sell better on the 360 like it always does, not because of these lame advertisement techniques but because the 360 has a larger piece of NA as their fanbase which love shooters, especially COD.
Camden11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Camden11
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

"that article fails because it said the game comes out in september"

Wow....... For British eyes only I guess

Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#213 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
Then it'll be: Activision + Ubisoft + MS vs EA + SONY Considering that both Activision and Ubisoft are French while EA is USA it's likely French prefer MS over SONY.
Eltormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Eltormo
Member since 2010 • 990 Posts

That's actually really good business by Microsoft.Chrome-

No is not since every ones knows this game is coming to PS3,is a loss cause for MS since activition would not make the game exclusive to them,because on PS3 it also sold well to well for the game to be turn into an exclusive.

Ms should take that money and invest it in eclsuive games that will remain on the 360 period,with the ammount of money they have trow away paying developer left and right,they would probably have by now like 10 new IP or more.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 delta3074

[QUOTE="Chrome-"]That's actually really good business by Microsoft.Eltormo

No is not since every ones knows this game is coming to PS3,is a loss cause for MS since activition would not make the game exclusive to them,because on PS3 it also sold well to well for the game to be turn into an exclusive.

Ms should take that money and invest it in eclsuive games that will remain on the 360 period,with the ammount of money they have trow away paying developer left and right,they would probably have by now like 10 new IP or more.

not in the UK it isn't, like i said, the 360 is killing the Ps3 in sales here in blighty, holiday 2009, even with the slim Ps3 and the price drop the 360 still outsold it roughly 3-1 http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36642/Xbox-360-outselling-PS3-3-to-1 and sales of the xbox 360 shot up 1000% when the slim was released http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uk-360-sales-up-1000-percent it's not suprising, the cheapest Ps3 SKU is still 50 quid more expensive than the most expensive 360 SKU, and here in blighty we think with our wallets, basically MS have the UK on lockdown, they are already bombarding us with Reach adverts. they are consolidating there position here, which is always a good business move, guess which console brits will mainly be buying next gen,lol
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#216 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

Smart move by them. You're telling me that if you had an opportunity to capitalize off of something like that, you wouldn't? Quite possibly one of the biggest shooters of the year, on YOUR console. I don't get why nobody ever mentions the Sony/EA partnership.. hm.

mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
[QUOTE="Eltormo"]

[QUOTE="Chrome-"]That's actually really good business by Microsoft.delta3074

not in the UK it isn't, like i said, the 360 is killing the Ps3 in sales here in blighty, holiday 2009, even with the slim Ps3 and the price drop the 360 still outsold it roughly 3-1 http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36642/Xbox-360-outselling-PS3-3-to-1 and sales of the xbox 360 shot up 1000% when the slim was released http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uk-360-sales-up-1000-percent it's not suprising, the cheapest Ps3 SKU is still 50 quid more expensive than the most expensive 360 SKU, and here in blighty we think with our wallets, basically MS have the UK on lockdown, they are already bombarding us with Reach adverts. they are consolidating there position here, which is always a good business move, guess which console brits will mainly be buying next gen,lol

Just off topic really, I suddenly started reading your post with a British accent, lol it's kind of funny :) Anyways, it's just for one store, total is probably not that different.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 delta3074
[QUOTE="mystervj"] Just off topic really, I suddenly started reading your post with a British accent, lol it's kind of funny :) Anyways, it's just for one store, total is probably not that different.

the word 'blighty' does tend to invoke a stiff upper lip accent,did you sound like micheal caine or jude law? any way, it may only be one store, but it's an indication that even with the price drop and the slim, the Ps3 still failed to outsell the 360 here, holiday 2008 was no different, with the 360 outselling the Ps3 2-1,like it or lump it, the 360 outsells the Ps3 buy quite a margin here in the UK, it didn't help that for the first year PS3 games where actually 10 quid more than 360 games, add to the fact that even now the Ps3 is only 30 quid cheaper than the 360's premiums initial release price, SONY really screwed the pooch in the UK, they lost a hell of a lot of loyal fans add to the fact that we are very americanised here and you get the picture, my mate who works at gamestation tried to sell me his Ps3 so he could get a 360 s, if i had the money i would have bought it, it was an old 60gig.
Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#219 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

[QUOTE="Zune_HD"]Great use of money MS. :roll:Anjunaddict

Oh god, here we go again with the extremely smart system warriors who know much much more than Microsoft do

does* :)
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

Its a multiplat, microsoft I think knows its exclusives are struggling so is moving its focuss towards 'getting close to' multiplat developers etc.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

[QUOTE="Zune_HD"]Great use of money MS. :roll:Renzokucant

Oh god, here we go again with the extremely smart system warriors who know much much more than Microsoft do

yay the grammar police.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#222 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Well I'm getting it for PS3, I will show M$!!!
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Renzokucant"][QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]Oh god, here we go again with the extremely smart system warriors who know much much more than Microsoft do

Anjunaddict

yay the grammar police.

you dun goofed
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

[QUOTE="Chrome-"]That's actually really good business by Microsoft.Eltormo

are you a business analyst? MS, and Sony, and Nintendo are in this industry to make money. new IPs are tremendously expensive to develop.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
are you a business analyst? MS, and Sony, and Nintendo are in this industry to make money. new IPs are tremendously expensive to develop.clone01
Kinda of harsh. I think as the target audience of these advertisements we are allowed to comment on it's effectiveness without any issues. I agree new IPs are expensive but that doesn't make his point of investing in advertising this as an exclusive being a stupid move, wrong. COD is probably one of the most popular games this gen and has already had what, 4 or 5 sequals in this gen. alone. I don't believe they are gonna convince anyone this game is only on the 360. I don't believe this will spike their software sales anymore or sell more 360s. Taking that money and investing it in one of their 1st party studios or using it to aquire an upstarting small indie software team to make exclusives is a much sounder investment.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#226 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

More reasons why most multiplats on PS3 sell less...

1Stark1

.........sometimes. Mostly in the case of shooters, for most other genres, PS3

Seeing how there are more shooters than other genres...

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Overlord93

[QUOTE="1Stark1"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

More reasons why most multiplats on PS3 sell less...

mitu123

.........sometimes. Mostly in the case of shooters, for most other genres, PS3

Seeing how there are more shooters than other genres...

you mean they still make games which arn't shooters? [spoiler] :P [/spoiler]
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

is this move even legal to begin with?

is ms that desparate? i guess not, if they were doing good this move wouldnt even cross their minds.

CuteCakes

Cows conveniently forgetting the recent Assassin's Creed II PS3-only advertising http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhK47AA7LKc

And it still sold more on the Xbox 360. LOL.

FF13.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#229 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

it still has wii logos?

if so , guess what this probably means a cancelati on of some sort

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#230 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49605 Posts
They couldnt have spent their money better? TintedEyes
This was a wise business move. I would be shocked if someone said otherwise. :?
mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

is this move even legal to begin with?

is ms that desparate? i guess not, if they were doing good this move wouldnt even cross their minds.

CuteCakes

Cows conveniently forgetting the recent Assassin's Creed II PS3-only advertising http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhK47AA7LKc

And it still sold more on the Xbox 360. LOL.

Where did you get the number that the game sold more on 360? Are you making this up?

Raiden004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#232 Raiden004
Member since 2009 • 1605 Posts

evil M$ at it again. M$ and its evil tactics is wats ruining the video game market J-WOW
:lol: funny bro!

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"]
As much as fanboys seem to like to think, some grass doesn't make the experience of playing a game any better. When was the last time a ps3 multiplat scored lower than the 360 version? Not to mention there are times when the ps3 gets the better version e.g dragon age. And unfortunately, God of War 3, Heavy Rain,Modnation racers, Yakuza 3, MLB 10,MAG, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Gran Turismo 5, and LBP 2 trump the 360s line up this year. But yeah, play that multiplat card seeing as the 360 can't stand up on exclusives ;)

_Cadbury_

sorry to break it to you, but multiplats are games too. it's your loss that you only play exclusives.

speaking of games, the 360 has more than 70 AA+ games than the ps3 on gamerankings.

that's gotta hurt.

Dude, im not saying multiplats don't count. I'm saying they are near identical on both systems. So while we both play those multiplats, I also playhigh quality exclusives, while most of the 360 exclusives are from 2007 and back. what must hurt is being deprivedof goodexclusives for a long time. But hey, at least you can watch the black ops ads now and pretendits exclusive.

1. stop lying. multiplats are not mostly identicle on both consoles. the vast majority are noticeably better on the 360.http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/

2. why would you enjoy a game more for being exclusive? real gamers enjoy multiplats just as much as exclusives.

3. the 360 has more than 70 AA+ games than the ps3 on gamerankings. it completely destroys the ps3's library.

sorry, just the truth.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#234 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44711 Posts
multiplatform publishers do this all the time, there's already been multiplatform ads followed by "available on PS3, now only $299" or the Xbox 360 logo
sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
well it aired and no ps3 but a nice hint to pre-order (on 360 of course). lol
deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#236 deleterguy
Member since 2005 • 1827 Posts
Seems everybody forgot about the sony/EA partnership like with MOH or AC 2: Brotherhood exclusive demo.(no it's not a true beta)
True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

Seems everybody forgot about the sony/EA partnership like with MOH or AC 2: Brotherhood exclusive demo.(no it's not a true beta)deleterguy

This Sony seems to be getting loads for content and exclusives more than anything Activision could give MS, shame really wish both consoles got the same content at the same time. As MS gets early CoD dlc, EA is giving special editions of games, early beta's Sony must of thrown a fair bit of cash at them and its paying off.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#238 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

sorry to break it to you, but multiplats are games too. it's your loss that you only play exclusives.

speaking of games, the 360 has more than 70 AA+ games than the ps3 on gamerankings.

that's gotta hurt.

KarateeeChop

Dude, im not saying multiplats don't count. I'm saying they are near identical on both systems. So while we both play those multiplats, I also playhigh quality exclusives, while most of the 360 exclusives are from 2007 and back. what must hurt is being deprivedof goodexclusives for a long time. But hey, at least you can watch the black ops ads now and pretendits exclusive.

1. stop lying. multiplats are not mostly identicle on both consoles. the vast majority are noticeably better on the 360.http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/

2. why would you enjoy a game more for being exclusive? real gamers enjoy multiplats just as much as exclusives.

3. the 360 has more than 70 AA+ games than the ps3 on gamerankings. it completely destroys the ps3's library.

sorry, just the truth.

1-Ever wonder why PS3 owners have never collectively gotten together to complain about inferior multiplats?because theyre really not inferior. Like I said, this argument is just a sad last minute resort used by 360 fanboys with no real exclusives to boast about. 2-I never said I enjoy a game more if it's exclusive. The only games I've bought this year so far have been multiplats (which by the way,scored exactly the same as the 360 version and could not be distinguishable unless put side by side on screens and over analysed). But more exclusives means more games to choose from, and they also tend to be high quality. 3- You aren't listening. We know the 360 has a lot of games...from 2007 back. They have been falling behind in the past couple of years, and going into next year so far aswell.

NanoMan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 NanoMan88
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

Its funny how COD was born on the PC and it was responsible for its sucess and now they dont even bother to mention that its on PC, thats sort of sad and shows this is not the same COD everybody grew to love.

roflumadkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 roflumadkid
Member since 2010 • 129 Posts
[QUOTE="Zune_HD"]

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"] Don't worry, we'll be able to spend £20 on a map before anyone else :P

Megaman5364

And since Treyarch shot down Zombies at launch they'll be later released as DLC for $15 (or whatever your currency is)

Even though they probably will have already programmed them on the disc :P

It should be bannable to type sensationalist type things.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Who wouldn't turn down this money?

Activision must have laughed all the way to the bank. :lol:

It wouldn't be so bad if we got a great amount of new retail 1st Party IP's/ retail games, but we've seen a trend this generation. Close down, sell off, or downsize all the Xbox 1st party in lieu of 3rd Party deals like this. That's why there is flak from some gamers, because gamers are starting to notice this old, old trend we've been seeing for a few years now. We know they made $1.2 billion in just Xbox LIVE last year, and we see thing deals like this, Unneeded greedy XBL price hikes, a diminishing first party strength, and the end result is overall less retail games for gamers. :(

It's up to gamers though, to speak up, and stop spending if we want results. :P

On the flip side, ACTIVISION's annual Call of Duty game and TREYARCH, will sell more copies on the 360, I'm sure, and Xbox Live will benefit as it's a MP heavy franchise. Activision is happy and are the real winners in a deal like this.

Good thing I've been boycotting Activision for since 2008 though, and besides, Treyarch is a A-AA metascoring developer, and I myself am not a COD Treyarch fan (I own all their games, including their COD games COD 3 and COD : W@W ), so I don't care too much as it is.

Good luck TREYARCH, getting those critics and fans won over the way Infinity Ward (AAA COD dev, and creator of COD) got it done in the past. ACTIVISION NEEDS Treyarch now more than ever, since IW got destroyed by Activision's poor management.