Activision removes PS3 from COD: Black OPS ads.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

lol, are people seriously trying to use this as an excuse to bash MS? :lol:

Let's not forget that Sony used PGR3 screenshots to advertise GT4. Twice. Makes you wonder how low Sony is willing to go. :lol:

RogueShodown
That's called a mistake...

That's a pretty ridiculous mistake. Especially using a rival company's product.....I'm not sure it's even possible to make a 'mistake' like that.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17466 Posts
[QUOTE="RogueShodown"][QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

lol, are people seriously trying to use this as an excuse to bash MS? :lol:

Let's not forget that Sony used PGR3 screenshots to advertise GT4. Twice. Makes you wonder how low Sony is willing to go. :lol:

Ravensmash
That's called a mistake...

That's a pretty ridiculous mistake. Especially using a rival company's product.....I'm not sure it's even possible to make a 'mistake' like that.

and it happened more than once
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I am concerned about microsoft's money

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50704 Posts

Hey, at least lems know where that extra $10 a year is heading.

1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 1Stark1
Member since 2010 • 688 Posts

[QUOTE="Merex760"]Throw money at multiplats to falsely brand them as exclusives. Oh, Microsoft. navyguy21
lol, do you say the same thing about sony? or have you not read any of this thread?

The thing is Sony actually uses their money to make exclusive games, unlike MS who hasn't announced any exclusives games at any major game expo this year.Not to mention they don't do this as much as MS does.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Chutebox

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

good business tactic by MS. Sony can only watch and cry.

BPoole96

Watch as Black Ops sells exactly the same as MW2 did on PS3?

Yup lol, it'll make no difference which is why it's just stupid on MS' part.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="RogueShodown"] That's called a mistake...navyguy21

and it happened more than once

sony can do no wrong. Sony's using the competitor's product to promote its own games, TWICE, can only be innocent mistakes.

:lol:

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Merex760"]Throw money at multiplats to falsely brand them as exclusives. Oh, Microsoft. 1Stark1

lol, do you say the same thing about sony? or have you not read any of this thread?

The thing is Sony actually uses their money to make exclusive games, unlike MS who hasn't announced any exclusives games at any major game expos this year.Not to mention they don't do this as much as MS does.

the only difference is that ms makes more money than sony does off of everything. and, believe it or not, neither sony nor ms really care about us, they just care about what they are briging in for themselves. and in that regard, ms is being far smarter.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Chutebox

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Merex760"]Throw money at multiplats to falsely brand them as exclusives. Oh, Microsoft. 1Stark1

The thing is Sony actually uses their money to make exclusive games, unlike MS who hasn't announced any exclusives games at any major game expos this year.Not to mention they don't do this as much as MS does.

To be fair they did announce a Crytek exclusive...although I don't know if it was really exclusive or for PC too.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KarateeeChop

Throw money at multiplats to falsely brand them as exclusives. Oh, Microsoft. Merex760

but apparently MS learned this move from Sony, the master of deceits. :lol:

http://www.ps3blog.net/2009/11/09/sonys-assassins-creed-2-exclusive-dealings/

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]They couldnt have spent their money better? Pug-Nasty

It's not their money, it's their userbases cash. I guess that's what MS thinks the 360 userbase wants, exclusive ad campaigns.

good thing sony did it first to let MS know that this "dirty tactic" worked on the PS3 userbase.

1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 1Stark1

[QUOTE="1Stark1"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] lol, do you say the same thing about sony? or have you not read any of this thread?mtradr43

the only difference is that ms makes more money than sony does off of everything. and, believe it or not, neither sony nor ms really care about us, they just care about what they are briging in for themselves. and in that regard, ms is being far smarter.

Link? And if so, shouldn't MS be putting that money to good use? I don't really see them doing that

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Isn't this done in TV ads constantly?Cherokee_Jack
Yes, all the time.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]They couldnt have spent their money better? KarateeeChop

It's not their money, it's their userbases cash. I guess that's what MS thinks the 360 userbase wants, exclusive ad campaigns.

good thing sony did it first to let MS know that this "dirty tactic" worked on the PS3 userbase.

Uh no, MS were the first to do it this gen. Way before AC2. And whoever did do it first, they're both stupid.
sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts
thats pointless,everyone and their mothers know its on the 360 AND ps3
1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 1Stark1

[QUOTE="1Stark1"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"] the only difference is that ms makes more money than sony does off of everything. and, believe it or not, neither sony nor ms really care about us, they just care about what they are briging in for themselves. and in that regard, ms is being far smarter.Chutebox

Link? And if so, shouldn't MS be putting that money to good use? I don't really see them doing that

As it turns out lemmings now only care about how much money MS is making and not the product being offered them.

Its a shame really, I don't see the reason to defend MS when they've given their fanbase the shaft for casuals. I have nothing to get on My 360 for the rest ofthis year except for Reach.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
that article fails because it said the game comes out in september.AiurProtoss
Eh? Dates are different outside of the US...
cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

As it turns out lemmings now only care about how much money MS is making and not the product being offered them.Chutebox

And Cows seem to really care how M$ spends their money for some reason. Based on the comments in this thread at least.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

M$ better get that money to get Lemmos some games. All they have is halo, gears, halo, gears and more halo.

Wise move that only benefits them by what, exactly? MW2 outsold the PS3 version by roughly 1 million :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

As it turns out lemmings now only care about how much money MS is making and not the product being offered them.cloudff7tm

And Cows seem to really care how M$ spends their money for some reason. Based on the comments in this thread at least.

I don't know if that's directed towards me, but I want some new exclusives for 360 to prevent me from selling it.
thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts
[QUOTE="AiurProtoss"]that article fails because it said the game comes out in september.Ninja-Hippo
Eh? Dates are different outside of the US...

Not only that, but the source is from the United Kingdom.
cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 cloudff7tm

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

Chutebox

I don't know if that's directed towards me, but I want some new exclusives for 360 to prevent me from selling it.

Not directed towards you. It's to the people who are wondering why MS couldn't spend their money better, the people I bet don't even have a 360.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

MS's money is the only thing keeping 360 alive for the last 3 years.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mtradr43

ZoomZoom2490
oh is it? im sure all the money they make with the games outselling ps3 games or the billion they make a year from live has nothing to do with it.
1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 1Stark1

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

cloudff7tm

Not directed towards you. It's to the people who are wondering why MS couldn't spend their money better, the people I bet don't even have a 360.

Not everyone is like that, I prefer PS3 but I have a 360 and its been collecting dust ever since Alan Wake. i have to basically pay 60 for XBL just to play Halo Reach.MS needs to rethink their marketing strategy. PS3 outsold 360 by 4 million last year, it shows that MS is doing something wrong.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#77 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

More reasons why most multiplats on PS3 sell less...

TheRapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TheRapture
Member since 2009 • 145 Posts
Waste of resources if you ask me.
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ZoomZoom2490

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

mtradr43

oh is it? im sure all the money they make with the games outselling ps3 games or the billion they make a year from live has nothing to do with it.

do you even know how much money ms lost due to rrod and other problems? they havent made a nickel profit yet.

CuteCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 CuteCakes
Member since 2010 • 756 Posts

[QUOTE="Merex760"]Throw money at multiplats to falsely brand them as exclusives. Oh, Microsoft. KarateeeChop

but apparently MS learned this move from Sony, the master of deceits. :lol:

http://www.ps3blog.net/2009/11/09/sonys-assassins-creed-2-exclusive-dealings/

Exactly. Sony have been doing crap like this since the PS1 days, where they also introduced the practice of buying exclusives and times exclusivity.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mtradr43
[QUOTE="1Stark1"]

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

I don't know if that's directed towards me, but I want some new exclusives for 360 to prevent me from selling it.Chutebox

Not everyone is like that, I prefer PS3 but I have a 360 and its been collecting dust because of ever since Alan Wake. i have to basically pay 60 for XBL just to play Halo Reach.MS needs to rethink their marketing strategy. PS3 outsold 360 by 4 million last year, it shows that MS is doing something wrong.

i wouldnt say they are doing anything wrong. they may not be helping out the userbase, but they are doing exactly what makes them the cash, which as i said is all they really care about like any business. the fact that they are still ahead of the ps3 right now is simply amazing considering how they did last gen and how dominant the ps2 was. wasnt it said that the ps3 would pass the 360 in sales like 3-4 years ago?
1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 1Stark1

More reasons why most multiplats on PS3 sell less...

mitu123

.........sometimes. Mostly in the case of shooters, for most other genres, PS3

1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 1Stark1

[QUOTE="1Stark1"]

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

mtradr43

Not everyone is like that, I prefer PS3 but I have a 360 and its been collecting dust because of ever since Alan Wake. i have to basically pay 60 for XBL just to play Halo Reach.MS needs to rethink their marketing strategy. PS3 outsold 360 by 4 million last year, it shows that MS is doing something wrong.

i wouldnt say they are doing anything wrong. they may not be helping out the userbase, but they are doing exactly what makes them the cash, which as i said is all they really care about like any business. the fact that they are still ahead of the ps3 right now is simply amazing considering how they did last gen and how dominant the ps2 was. wasnt it said that the ps3 would pass the 360 in sales like 3-4 years ago?

Yeah but 600 dollar launch price kinda prohibits that, I see it passing 360 this year end, if not, definitely next year. Its impressive that PS3 came this far with such a high price tag.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ZoomZoom2490

is this move even legal to begin with?

is ms that desparate? i guess so, if they were doing good this move wouldnt even cross their minds.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#85 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The Wii gets no love. Cause COD: Black Ops is also for the Wii so that means the Ads don't have the PS3 OR Wii....heck that means there's no PC option either! so the Ads are just saying "XBOX 360 or GTFO!"

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="mtradr43"][QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

ZoomZoom2490

do you even know how much money ms lost due to rrod and other problems? they havent made a nickel profit yet.

:lol: you need to do some more researching. MS has already been making profit from the 360 since years ago.

Sony, on the other hand, lost more money on the PS3 than they've made on the PS2. How tragic.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 cloudff7tm

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

1Stark1

Not everyone is like that, I prefer PS3 but I have a 360 and its been collecting dust ever since Alan Wake. i have to basically pay 60 for XBL just to play Halo Reach.MS needs to rethink their marketing strategy. PS3 outsold 360 by 4 million last year, it shows that MS is doing something wrong.

Yes, I know not everybody is like that. It is fine if people prefer one or the other. It's just that we have fanboys that even if M$ spent their money to their liking, they would still be as biased and hateful to the 360 as ever. I'm talking about the people who ALWAYS have something negative to say about a certain console.

There are plenty of people who support the 360 who are like that here also.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ZoomZoom2490

so 360 losesmost if not all1st party devs and now they think that this move will work? wow.

CuteCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 CuteCakes

is ms that desparate? i guess not, if they were doing good this move wouldnt even cross their minds.

ZoomZoom2490

Cows conveniently forgetting the recent Assassin's Creed II PS3-only advertising http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhK47AA7LKc

And it still sold more on the Xbox 360. LOL.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ZoomZoom2490
[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

oh is it? im sure all the money they make with the games outselling ps3 games or the billion they make a year from live has nothing to do with it.mtradr43

:lol: you need to do some more researching. MS has already been making profit from the 360 since years ago.

Sony, on the other hand, lost more money on the PS3 than they've made on the PS2. How tragic.

just cuz ms has been making profit doesnt mean they covered all the costs of replacing nearly 90% of faulty hardware.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 KarateeeChop

is ms that desparate? i guess so, if they were doing good this move wouldnt even cross their minds.

ZoomZoom2490

so what's your opinion on sony when they did the same thing with AC2?

or better, what do you think of sony's using PGR3's screenshot to advertise GT4? The sad thing is that Sony did that twice. How low can they go eh?

:lol:

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ZoomZoom2490

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

is ms that desparate? i guess not, if they were doing good this move wouldnt even cross their minds.

CuteCakes

Cows conveniently forgetting the recent Assassin's Creed II PS3-only advertising http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhK47AA7LKc

there were plenty multiplat games that did the same on 360, its not the same story here with Black Ops. This is completely something different with Black Ops.

This is where Sony will have noright to even make an advertising forBlack Opswith their own money.

CuteCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 CuteCakes

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

ZoomZoom2490

there were plenty multiplat games that did the same on 360, its not the same story here with Black Ops. This is completely something different with Black Ops.

Nope, its exactly the same.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

CuteCakes

LOL! Epic selfownage for Sony.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] do you even know how much money ms lost due to rrod and other problems? they havent made a nickel profit yet.

ZoomZoom2490

just cuz ms has been making profit doesnt mean they covered all the costs of replacing nearly 90% of faulty hardware.

I'm sure those yearly fees of XBL serve partially as a warranty plan to pay for problems with broken consoles

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ZoomZoom2490

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

KarateeeChop

but Sony didnt pay Ubisoft not to allow MS to advertise AC2 like what MS is doing with Black Ops.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

ZoomZoom2490
And whats keeping the PS3 alive? Love? :lol: That has to be the most ridiculous comment ive ever read.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

ZoomZoom2490

but Sony didnt pay Ubisoft not to allow MS to advertise AC2 like what MS is doing with Black Ops.

you don't need to resort to making stuff up, zoomzoom.