Activision removes PS3 from COD: Black OPS ads.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

MS's money is the only thing keeping 360 alive for the last 3 years.

Anjunaddict

And whats keeping the PS3 alive? Love? :lol: That has to be the most ridiculous comment ive ever read.

1st party devs and some 3rd party exclusives, which two of them got AAAA and AAA and 2 goty awards, as a gamer that is all i care for. other than halo, there is nothing else that interests me on 360.

CuteCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 CuteCakes
Member since 2010 • 756 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

Cows conveniently forgetting the recent Assassin's Creed II PS3-only advertising http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhK47AA7LKc

And it still sold more on the Xbox 360. LOL.

ZoomZoom2490

LOL! Epic selfownage for Sony.

but Sony didnt pay Ubisoft not to allow MS to advertise AC2 like what MS is doing with Black Ops.

What do you think paying for advertising exclusivity entails? OH THATS RIGHT, ADVERTISING EXCLUSIVITY.

Cows really go out of their way to paint an angelic picture of Sony, don't they.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ZoomZoom2490

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

CuteCakes

but Sony didnt pay Ubisoft not to allow MS to advertise AC2 like what MS is doing with Black Ops.

What do you think paying for advertising exclusivity entails? OH THATS RIGHT, ADVERTISING EXCLUSIVITY.

Cows really go out of their way to paint an angelic picture of Sony, don't they.

there were advertising of AC2 on 360, ive seen it many times, its just that Sony made one of their own with their own money.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] but Sony didnt pay Ubisoft not to allow MS to advertise AC2 like what MS is doing with Black Ops.

ZoomZoom2490

there were advertising of AC2 on 360, ive seen it many times, its just that Sony made one of their own with their own money.

Well then maybe Sony are just too tight to make their own Black ops advert.

1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 1Stark1
Member since 2010 • 688 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

is this move even legal to begin with?

is ms that desparate? i guess not, if they were doing good this move wouldnt even cross their minds.

CuteCakes

Cows conveniently forgetting the recent Assassin's Creed II PS3-only advertising http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhK47AA7LKc

But MS does it more because of lack of exclusives, Sony has a plethora of exclusive upcoming games.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#106 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

KarateeeChop

you don't need to resort to making stuff up, zoomzoom.

Actually... If anything these sort of details would have been decided in the Games design from the start, they won't go make a game then MS hand over a cheque and say "Ok don't put any PS3 advertising on this game" so basically MS would had to have an agreement from before the game even began development to allow advertising exclusivity.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"][QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

MS's money is the only thing keeping 360 alive for the last 3 years.

ZoomZoom2490

And whats keeping the PS3 alive? Love? :lol: That has to be the most ridiculous comment ive ever read.

1st party devs and some 3rd party exclusives, which two of them got AAAA and AAA and 2 goty awards, as a gamer that is all i care for. other than halo, there is nothing else that interests me on 360.

sorry to inform you of this fact, but you don't represent the entire gaming population, and therefore, your statement, "MS's money is the only thing keeping 360 alive for the last 3 years," makes no sense at all.

feel free to try again though.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#108 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] do you even know how much money ms lost due to rrod and other problems? they havent made a nickel profit yet.

ZoomZoom2490

:lol: you need to do some more researching. MS has already been making profit from the 360 since years ago.

Sony, on the other hand, lost more money on the PS3 than they've made on the PS2. How tragic.

just cuz ms has been making profit doesnt mean they covered all the costs of replacing nearly 90% of faulty hardware.

"Nearly 90% faulty hardware" eh?

I'd like to see you back that claim up with some proof.

1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 1Stark1
Member since 2010 • 688 Posts

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

is ms that desparate? i guess not, if they were doing good this move wouldnt even cross their minds.

KarateeeChop

LOL! Epic self ownage for Sony.

How is that?

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] but Sony didnt pay Ubisoft not to allow MS to advertise AC2 like what MS is doing with Black Ops.

ZoomZoom2490

you haven't provided links to back up any of your claims. and you've made quite a few baseless claims already :lol:

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ZoomZoom2490

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

Anjunaddict

they cant make their own Black ops ad, that's what this thread is all about. MS is paying Activision to remove all rights for the game to be advertised on other consoles, dont you get it? its a big difference here, first time in gaming history where something like this has ever occured.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

1Stark1

LOL! Epic self ownage for Sony.

How is that?

sony tried to advertise AC2 as a PS3 exclusive, yet it still sold more on the 360 :lol:

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] there were advertising of AC2 on 360, ive seen it many times, its just that Sony made one of their own with their own money.

ZoomZoom2490

they cant make their own Black ops ad, that's what this thread is all about. MS is paying Activision to remove all rights for the game to be advertised on other consoles, dont you get it? its a big difference here, first time in gaming history where something like this has ever occured.

Where have you pulled that from?
CuteCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 CuteCakes

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

1Stark1

But MS does it more because of lack of exclusives, Sony has a plethora of exclusive upcoming games.

No. Activision did it because the Xbox 360 version of CoD games generates THAT much more profit and sales than the PS3 versions.

i.e. MW2 for 360 charted in last months NPD top 10. Almost a year later.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] there were advertising of AC2 on 360, ive seen it many times, its just that Sony made one of their own with their own money.

ZoomZoom2490

except a whole bunch of people pointed it out to you that sony did the same thing with AC2.

i think i'm overdosing on :lol: here

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50704 Posts

[QUOTE="1Stark1"]

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

Cows conveniently forgetting the recent Assassin's Creed II PS3-only advertising

CuteCakes

No. Activision did it because the Xbox 360 version of CoD games generates THAT much more profit and sales than the PS3 versions.

i.e. MW2 for 360 charted in last months NPD top 10. Almost a year later.

You got to be kidding? So you're saying they don't care about the 7mil+ sales on the Ps3? Yikes people...

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]

ZoomZoom2490

Oh, and MS couldn't have been doing the same thing here? :roll:

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

Fine. Microsoft can have them. Be as greedy as they want and make all the money they want, but Activision will still produce crappy broken games targeted only at the mainstream gamer. Won't affect me at all I don't own a single Activision game.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
sony did the same thing with madden, ac1 and ac2.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] they cant make their own Black ops ad, that's what this thread is all about. MS is paying Activision to remove all rights for the game to be advertised on other consoles, dont you get it? its a big difference here, first time in gaming history where something like this has ever occured.

ZoomZoom2490

except a whole bunch of people pointed it out to you that sony did the same thing with AC2.

just dont seem to get it? or just pretending to be ignorant.. if ms wanted to make an ad for AC2 they would have the right, but with black ops sony doesnt have the right from Activision cause MS is paying them not to allow it.

i dont think i can make it more clearer for you.

Two words. Prove it.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#122 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

Really dont see how ps3 owners still support black ops, and still not know they are gonna get shafted when it comes to DLC or anything really.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ZoomZoom2490
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

just dont seem to get it? or just pretending to be ignorant.. if ms wanted to make an ad for AC2 they would have the right, but with black ops sony doesnt have the right from Activision cause MS is paying them not to allow it.

Two words. Prove it.

the proof is that this kind of thread doesnt exist anywhere that Sony didnt allow AC2 to be advertised on 360. google all you want, you wont find it.
CuteCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 CuteCakes

Really dont see how ps3 owners still support black ops, and still not know they are gonna get shafted when it comes to DLC or anything really.

Santesyu
Because their only other options around then are GT5 and LBP2.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="Santesyu"]

CuteCakes

They could always play kz2 online......:lol:

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

More reasons why most multiplats on PS3 sell less...

1Stark1

.........sometimes. Mostly in the case of shooters, for most other genres, PS3

Examples?

CuteCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 CuteCakes

sony did the same thing with madden, ac1 and ac2.MFDOOM1983

Cows have selective memories.

Sony have been doing crap like this since their PS1 launch titles Destruction Derby and Toshinden. Tomb Raider II was the first time it was out in the open:

In September 1997, Sony Computer Entertainment America signed a deal with Eidos to make console releases for the Tomb Raider franchise exclusive to the PlayStation, preventing the Sega Saturn or any other competing console from having any Tomb Raider game released for it until 2000

Buh buh but M$ is the first to buy exclusives!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

:roll:

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Silverbond

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] just dont seem to get it? or just pretending to be ignorant.. if ms wanted to make an ad for AC2 they would have the right, but with black ops sony doesnt have the right from Activision cause MS is paying them not to allow it.

ZoomZoom2490

Two words. Prove it.

the proof is that this kind of thread doesnt exist anywhere that Sony didnt allow AC2 to be advertised on 360. google all you want, you wont find it.

That's not actually proof of anything.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] just dont seem to get it? or just pretending to be ignorant.. if ms wanted to make an ad for AC2 they would have the right, but with black ops sony doesnt have the right from Activision cause MS is paying them not to allow it.

ZoomZoom2490

Two words. Prove it.

so you have no proof to back up any of your claims.

shocking.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 The_Game21x

ZoomZoom2490

Two words. Prove it.

Sorry, that does not qualify as proof. Unless you have some concrete evidence that MS paid Activision not to allow Sony to advertise Black Ops, you have no argument.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ZoomZoom2490

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"] Two words. Prove it.KarateeeChop

shocking.

the proof is on the first page of this thread. checkmate.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Santesyu"]

CuteCakes

Castlevania, Medal of Honor, Fallout, The Force unleashed 2... Want me to keep going? There is more.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]sony did the same thing with madden, ac1 and ac2.CuteCakes

Sony have been doing crap like this since their PS1 launch titles Destruction Derby and Toshinden. Tomb Raider II was the first time it was out in the open:

In September 1997, Sony Computer Entertainment America signed a deal with Eidos to make console releases for the Tomb Raider franchise exclusive to the PlayStation, preventing the Sega Saturn or any other competing console from having any Tomb Raider game released for it until 2000

in cows' eyes, sony can do no wrong.

it's probably MS's fault too that Sony used PGR3 screenshots to advertise GT4.

SuperNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 SuperNecro
Member since 2005 • 1423 Posts
You'd think that Activision would push the PS3 version more because the 360 version is guaranteed to sell craploads on its own.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Chutebox

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]sony did the same thing with madden, ac1 and ac2.CuteCakes

My God, that's not the same thing. That is for the game itself, not advertising............ And no, I'm not defending either company because I think this advertising thing is just stupid.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] the proof is that this kind of thread doesnt exist anywhere that Sony didnt allow AC2 to be advertised on 360. google all you want, you wont find it.ZoomZoom2490

shocking.

if anything, the OP proves that you've been lying about everything you've claimed.

wow guys, i don't think i can take the :lol: anymore.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 The_Game21x
[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] the proof is that this kind of thread doesnt exist anywhere that Sony didnt allow AC2 to be advertised on 360. google all you want, you wont find it.ZoomZoom2490

shocking.

Proof that Activision isn't advertising the PS3 version of Black Ops alongside the 360 version? Yes. Proof that Activision and MS have some sort of backroom deal in place that prevents Sony from advertising it? Nope. Try again.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Honestly sometimes I swear the people at Microsoft are idiots. Who authorizes these deals? Activision is laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#139 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
That's actually really good business by Microsoft.Chrome-
This. Besides, it seems like EA prefers Sony with it's shooters
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Silverbond

[QUOTE="Chrome-"]That's actually really good business by Microsoft.93soccer
This. Besides, it seems like EA prefers Sony with it's shooters

$ony is buying EA's love! :o

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
MS paid activition so they don't advertise the game for other platforms so more people will buy a 360 version of the game, but they probably lost all profits from doing such a thing with all the money they had to pay activition for doing something like that...
iMojo786_PSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 iMojo786_PSN
Member since 2010 • 1641 Posts

Good to know the extra $10 is going somewhere important...SaltyMeatballs
i lol'ed this console war is becoming intresting with Activision and EA picking sides xD

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#143 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]They couldnt have spent their money better? KarateeeChop

It's not their money, it's their userbases cash. I guess that's what MS thinks the 360 userbase wants, exclusive ad campaigns.

good thing sony did it first to let MS know that this "dirty tactic" worked on the PS3 userbase.

The dirty tactic of charging their users for something everyone else gets for free and then failing to deliver a steady stream of quality content? I'm pretty sure they wrote the book on that one. Innovation is great!

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#145 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Big deal, all companies do things like this. I do think MS should be spending this money on new IP's and not wasting on crap like this. Thats just my opinion though.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#146 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
They spent their money perfectly everyone, this leads to people associating Call of Duty with Xbox 360, and buying it for Xbox 360. That makes them money. Therefore, it's money well-spent.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Chutebox
They spent their money perfectly everyone, this leads to people associating Call of Duty with Xbox 360, and buying it for Xbox 360. That makes them money. Therefore, it's money well-spent. rolo107
I'd bet anyone that the sales ratio will be the same as MW2.
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

They spent their money perfectly everyone, this leads to people associating Call of Duty with Xbox 360, and buying it for Xbox 360. That makes them money. Therefore, it's money well-spent. rolo107

to be fair, MW 2 sold pretty great on PS3 despite it being heavily tied to 360.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Pfft, I buyin' it on PC anyways. :P

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#150 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="Zune_HD"]

[QUOTE="AiurProtoss"]that article fails because it said the game comes out in september.AiurProtoss

*facepalm

lol you know im being fesicious right?

Facetious*