Activision removes PS3 from COD: Black OPS ads.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

I'm heartbroken :roll:. Pretty smart use of cash though, now little kids with lack of internet skills are gonna proclaim Black Ops as a 360 game :evil:

VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

Waste of money by MS. The 360 version will trounce the PS3 version in sales anyway so why bother. The last CoD game was still #10 in sales on the 360 according to NPD in July.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

Waste of money by MS. The 360 version will trounce the PS3 version in sales anyway so why bother. The last CoD game was still #10 in sales on the 360 according to NPD in July.

VladJasonDrac
But this was advertising in the UK. Does anyone know if its the same situation in the US? According to VGChartz (:o oh noez) the PS3 version just about outsold the 360 version, although i don't know specific UK numbers.
Bobbleheadism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 Bobbleheadism
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Well, the PS3 doesn't want another MW2, so enjoy your 2nd MW2. I had enough with MW2. No more.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Can't say I'm bothered by that. :lol: I'm more than content with what EA has to offer. :D

VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

[QUOTE="VladJasonDrac"]

Anjunaddict

But this was advertising in the UK. Does anyone know if its the same situation in the US? According to VGChartz (:o oh noez) the PS3 version just about outsold the 360 version, although i don't know specific UK numbers.

I'm not sure how the 360 selling 3 million more copies equals the PS3 nearly outselling the 360. BUT I didn't think it was that close

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
The REAL question here is where is the Wii logo!?!?!?!?!
CuteCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 CuteCakes
Member since 2010 • 756 Posts
The REAL question here is where is the Wii logo!?!?!?!?!VideoGameGuy
Party Babyz: Black Cots?
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#159 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
The REAL question here is where is the Wii logo!?!?!?!?!VideoGameGuy
I had no idea COD black Ops was coming to the Wii, but now that you mention it, Treyarch has released all of their COD games on the Wii this gen.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]The REAL question here is where is the Wii logo!?!?!?!?!AgentA-Mi6
I had no idea COD black Ops was coming to the Wii, but now that you mention it, Treyarch has released all of their COD games on the Wii this gen.

and they promised amazing graphics and the same experience as the HD versions. We will see...
coasterride509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 coasterride509
Member since 2009 • 200 Posts

Microsoft is doing all it can to make Black Ops appear like a Xbox exclusive so that the unsuspecting public immediately associates the game with Xbox. They tried to do the same thing with Grand Theft Auto (which was, interestingly enough, originally going to be a PS3 exclusive).

$50 million for early release rights to MW2 map packs + $50 million for early release rights to Episodes of Liberty City = 100 million annoying pre-teens on Xbox Live.

chicagodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 chicagodon
Member since 2008 • 909 Posts

activision could risk losing the support of sony gamers and force themselves to rely on one console to survive.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#163 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

activision could risk losing the support of sony gamers and force themselves to rely on one console to survive.

chicagodon
I hope people won't get it but, yeah. Every bit helps though. Activision is playing into all the greed in the industry. And sony/ms have lots of it. So we're stuck to this activision crap for some time.
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#164 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
Spend money pretending you have exclusives rather than investing in the creation of any real ones. Good going, MS. Dunno how people can support moves like this.
mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
I think it's actually a smart move by M$ in terms of profit. It all makes sense now. See they raised the price of Live just in time for Black Ops' release, and now they are advertising for Black Ops so more people will buy it on 360, which means more people are going to fork over their money for Live to play Black Ops. Damn, $$$ right there, props to M$ for such haxorz business decision,
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

I think it's actually a smart move by M$ in terms of profit. It all makes sense now. See they raised the price of Live just in time for Black Ops' release, and now they are advertising for Black Ops so more people will buy it on 360, which means more people are going to fork over their money for Live to play Black Ops. Damn, $$$ right there, props to M$ for such haxorz business decision, mystervj

i know right? MS actually makes smart and legal business decisions like this one.

Sony, on the other hand, likes to use its competitor's products such as PGR3 to advertise their own game, namely GT4. How desperate, how low, how sad.

and Sony did that twice. :lol:

mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 mystervj

[QUOTE="mystervj"]I think it's actually a smart move by M$ in terms of profit. It all makes sense now. See they raised the price of Live just in time for Black Ops' release, and now they are advertising for Black Ops so more people will buy it on 360, which means more people are going to fork over their money for Live to play Black Ops. Damn, $$$ right there, props to M$ for such haxorz business decision, KarateeeChop

i know right? MS actually makes smart and legal business decisions like this one.

Sony, on the other hand, likes to use its competitor's products such as PGR3 to advertise their own game, namely GT4. How desperate, how low, how sad.

What does GT4 has anything to do with my post? Not as sad as 360's fail rate if you ask me, or it's abysmal future line-up.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="mystervj"]I think it's actually a smart move by M$ in terms of profit. It all makes sense now. See they raised the price of Live just in time for Black Ops' release, and now they are advertising for Black Ops so more people will buy it on 360, which means more people are going to fork over their money for Live to play Black Ops. Damn, $$$ right there, props to M$ for such haxorz business decision, mystervj

What does GT4 has anything to do with my post? Not as sad as 360's fail rate if you ask me, or it's abysmal future line-up.

and with all that, at the current moment (according to gamerankings), the 360 has about 160 or so more A and up games to play than the ps3 has

mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 mystervj

[QUOTE="mystervj"][QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

mtradr43

and with all that, at the current moment (according to gamerankings), the 360 has about 160 or so more A and up games to play than the ps3 has

Are you so starved in terms of quality games that you have to go to 7.0 games? If it's game rankings your gonna need to sort through all the XBLA/repeat/DLCs/ports of last gen games to make the data more useful.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 mtradr43
[QUOTE="mystervj"][QUOTE="mtradr43"]

What does GT4 has anything to do with my post? Not as sad as 360's fail rate if you ask me, or it's abysmal future line-up.mystervj

Are you so starved in terms of quality games that you have to go to 7.0 games? If it's game rankings your gonna need to sort through all the XBLA/repeat/DLCs/ports of last gen games to make the data more useful.

7.0 games and up are all perfectly reasonable games going by the ratings system. even if i went AA, the 360 still wins by 60 games. also, xbla games and psn games count, considering you can play them on the system, as does ports. i also set the minimum reviews to 20 to weed out most of the dlc for each console.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]

[QUOTE="mystervj"] What does GT4 has anything to do with my post? Not as sad as 360's fail rate if you ask me, or it's abysmal future line-up.mystervj

1. sorry to break it to you, but 7.0 is considered "good."

2. xbla titles aren't considered playable games now?

3. ports don't count anymore? then you should remove a few hundred games from the ps3 library :lol:

so the 360 has around 160 A+ games than the PS3 does. That's gotta hurt.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 mtradr43
[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="mystervj"][QUOTE="mtradr43"] and with all that, at the current moment (according to gamerankings), the 360 has about 160 or so more A and up games to play than the ps3 has

3. ports don't count anymore? then you should remove a few hundred games from the ps3 library :lol:

heres a quick count i compiled from gamerankings (note that arcade games for each console is in, as well as multiplats and ports, tried to limit any dlc stuff by making it have to have at least 20 reviews) wii-123 (76 A, 39 AA, 8 AAA) ps3-244 (108 A, 115 AA, 21 AAA) 360-409 (200 A, 184 AA, 25 AAA) things could be off by a number or two, it was just a really quick count.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
i am not suprised, the xbox 360 consistently out sells the Ps3 by quite a big margin in the UK, holiday season 2008 it outsold it 2-1 and holiday 2009, despite the Ps3 slim+ price drop, the 360 still outsold it 3-1, this is MS territory now, so it doesn't suprise me one bit, MS really pushed to get the UK market, they deserve it.
mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 mystervj

[QUOTE="mystervj"][QUOTE="mtradr43"] and with all that, at the current moment (according to gamerankings), the 360 has about 160 or so more A and up games to play than the ps3 has

KarateeeChop

Hmm not really, not having to play 160 games is more of a relief. Can't think of anything I want to play on the 360 tbh, sorry but the platform is a joke to me at this point, you can enjoy your Halo I guess.

Last gen ports are different from ports in general, it's like multiplats shared with last gen system, so yeah enjoy those as well, along with the other 100 older games. I'm out for the day.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 mtradr43
[QUOTE="mystervj"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Are you so starved in terms of quality games that you have to go to 7.0 games? If it's game rankings your gonna need to sort through all the XBLA/repeat/DLCs/ports of last gen games to make the data more useful.mystervj

Hmm not really, not having to play 160 games is more of a relief. Can't think of anything I want to play on the 360 tbh, sorry but the platform is a joke to me at this point, you can enjoy your Halo I guess.

Last gen ports are different from ports in general, it's like multiplats shared with last gen system, so yeah enjoy those as well, along with the other 100 older games. I'm out for the day.

i just redid my search and modified it so it just went through the last 6 months, and the 360 still beat the ps3 by a laughable margin, 43 to 29
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="mystervj"] Are you so starved in terms of quality games that you have to go to 7.0 games? If it's game rankings your gonna need to sort through all the XBLA/repeat/DLCs/ports of last gen games to make the data more useful.mtradr43

heres a quick count i compiled from gamerankings (note that arcade games for each console is in, as well as multiplats and ports, tried to limit any dlc stuff by making it have to have at least 20 reviews)

wii-123 (76 A, 39 AA, 8 AAA)
ps3-244 (108 A, 115 AA, 21 AAA)
360-409 (200 A, 184 AA, 25 AAA)

things could be off by a number or two, it was just a really quick count.

nice work.

so the 360 has...

92 more A games
69 more AA games
5 more AAA games

...than the PS3.

wow, the 360's library completely obliterates the PS3's.

Haters say that 360 has no games and try to pass it off as a fact, but when proven otherwise, they simply resort to saying "i don't like those games anyway." :lol:

The victory is clear.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

That's our Microsoft.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts
I think it's actually a smart move by M$ in terms of profit. It all makes sense now. See they raised the price of Live just in time for Black Ops' release, and now they are advertising for Black Ops so more people will buy it on 360, which means more people are going to fork over their money for Live to play Black Ops. Damn, $$$ right there, props to M$ for such haxorz business decision, mystervj
Thats a very good business move, majour props there.
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 _Cadbury_

[QUOTE="mtradr43"][QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

KarateeeChop

heres a quick count i compiled from gamerankings (note that arcade games for each console is in, as well as multiplats and ports, tried to limit any dlc stuff by making it have to have at least 20 reviews)

nice work.

so the 360 has...

92 more A games
69 more AA games
5 more AAA games

...than the PS3.

Haters say that 360 has no games and try to pass it off as a fact, but when proven otherwise, they simply resort to saying "i don't like those games anyway." :lol:

The victory is clear.

When people say "the 360 has no games", they're refering to as of late. Everyone knows that the 360 has been lacking lately. Looking like the same will go for next year aswell.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"] heres a quick count i compiled from gamerankings (note that arcade games for each console is in, as well as multiplats and ports, tried to limit any dlc stuff by making it have to have at least 20 reviews)

things could be off by a number or two, it was just a really quick count._Cadbury_

nice work.

so the 360 has...

92 more A games
69 more AA games
5 more AAA games

...than the PS3.

The victory is clear.

When people say "the 360 has no games", they're refering to as of late. Everyone knows that the 360 has been lacking lately. Looking like the same will go for next year aswell.

so far this year, the 360 has 5 AAA games on gamespot, same as the ps3.

the ps3, however, keeps getting inferior multiplats and year-old ports this year. if it's a bad year for the 360 in terms of games, it sure is much worse for the ps3.

70231839.png (655×715)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="mtradr43"][QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

KarateeeChop

nice work.

so the 360 has...

92 more A games
69 more AA games
5 more AAA games

...than the PS3.

The victory is clear.

If the ps3 is 3rd place and jumping to 2nd, then wouldnt that mean the 360 is 4th place?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 delta3074
so far this year, the 360 has 5 AAA games on gamespot, same as the ps3.the ps3, however, keeps getting inferior multiplats and year-old ports this year. if it's a bad year for the 360 in terms of games, it sure is much worse for the ps3.KarateeeChop
dude, the Ps3 is definitly on fire with exclusives though, all we really got exclusives wise, was Alan wake and reach, the 360 is doing OK in games, but exclusives have been lacking this year to be honest, and stop posting those horrible Mafia 2 pictures, we get the point already,lol
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"] heres a quick count i compiled from gamerankings (note that arcade games for each console is in, as well as multiplats and ports, tried to limit any dlc stuff by making it have to have at least 20 reviews)

things could be off by a number or two, it was just a really quick count.toast_burner

nice work.

so the 360 has...

92 more A games
69 more AA games
5 more AAA games

...than the PS3.

The victory is clear.

If the ps3 is 3rd place and jumping to 2nd, then wouldnt that mean the 360 is 4th place?

sorry to break it to you, but in the real world, the 360 destroys the ps3 in terms of quantity of quality games.

keep try, ps3. keep trying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

nice work.

so the 360 has...

92 more A games
69 more AA games
5 more AAA games

...than the PS3.

The victory is clear.

KarateeeChop

sorry to break it to you, but in the real world, the 360 destroys the ps3 in terms of quantity of quality games.

Im not saying t doesnt, im just saying that theres 4 competitors and the 360 is definitely not 1st or 2nd

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]If the ps3 is 3rd place and jumping to 2nd, then wouldnt that mean the 360 is 4th place?

toast_burner

Im not saying t doesnt, im just saying that theres 4 competitors and the 360 is definitely not 1st or 2nd

good save.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

KarateeeChop

good save.

lol.

Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

KarateeeChop

The current gaming journalism industry uses a highly advanced descriptive 6-10 scale, so no :P

[spoiler] I kid kid [/spoiler]

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

personally i think this practice is bad.It misinforms the consumer to an extent and its just silly :S it could cause a ot of confusion amongst some consumers i know 1 guy who will now probably claim black ops is a 360 exclusive now but he's a bit of a 1w bulb in brain dept.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 _Cadbury_

[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

nice work.

so the 360 has...

92 more A games
69 more AA games
5 more AAA games

...than the PS3.

The victory is clear.

KarateeeChop

the ps3, however, keeps getting inferior multiplats and year-old ports this year. if it's a bad year for the 360 in terms of games, it sure is much worse for the ps3.

As much as fanboys seem to like to think, some grass doesn't make the experience of playing a game any better. When was the last time a ps3 multiplat scored lower than the 360 version? Not to mention there are times when the ps3 gets the better version e.g dragon age. And unfortunately, God of War 3, Heavy Rain,Modnation racers, Yakuza 3, MLB 10,MAG, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Gran Turismo 5, and LBP 2 trump the 360s line up this year. But yeah, play that multiplat card seeing as the 360 can't stand up on exclusives ;)

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 delta3074

personally i think this practice is bad.It misinforms the consumer to an extent and its just silly :S it could cause a ot of confusion amongst some consumers i know 1 guy who will now probably claim black ops is a 360 exclusive now but he's a bit of a 1w bulb in brain dept.

razgriz_101
i think most of us in the UK are smarter than that though, i think trying to 'pull the wool' and misinform english gamers is on a road to nowhere, we are too smarty clever for that,lol
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 waltefmoney

Enough with that gif already. Please.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

delta3074
i think most of us in the UK are smarter than that though, i think trying to 'pull the wool' and misinform english gamers is on a road to nowhere, we are too smarty clever for that,lol

I know a fair amount of people that would think its 360 exclusive. (i know someone who thinks MW2 is exclusive!)
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Well, it's a smart investment on Microsoft's part.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

delta3074

hey what bout us scots :P im just surprised the ad watchdag (whatever they are called) never caught onto this practice yet were all over FFXIII lol tis pretty funny.

But yeah were too smart aswell prolly why some fanboy's logic in here is shot to hell with the mindnumbing awesomeness of us lot xD.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

What is it, like the hundredth time you've posted that stupid Mafia comparison? No one cares. :|

-----

Anyway, seems like a waste of whatever money was spent on this.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 _Cadbury_

[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

KarateeeChop

As much as fanboys seem to like to think, some grass doesn't make the experience of playing a game any better. When was the last time a ps3 multiplat scored lower than the 360 version? Not to mention there are times when the ps3 gets the better version e.g dragon age. And unfortunately, God of War 3, Heavy Rain,Modnation racers, Yakuza 3, MLB 10,MAG, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Gran Turismo 5, and LBP 2 trump the 360s line up this year. But yeah, play that multiplat card seeing as the 360 can't stand up on exclusives ;)

sorry to break it to you, but multiplats are games too. it's your loss that you only play exclusives.

speaking of games, the 360 has more than 70 AA+ games than the ps3 on gamerankings.

that's gotta hurt.

Dude, im not saying multiplats don't count. I'm saying they are near identical on both systems. So while we both play those multiplats, I also playhigh quality exclusives, while most of the 360 exclusives are from 2007 and back. what must hurt is being deprivedof goodexclusives for a long time. But hey, at least you can watch the black ops ads now and pretendits exclusive.

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Good to know the extra $10 is going somewhere important...Zune_HD

Don't worry, we'll be able to spend £20 on a map before anyone else :P

And since Treyarch shot down Zombies at launch they'll be later released as DLC for $15 (or whatever your currency is)

Even though they probably will have already programmed them on the disc :P
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

hey what bout us scots :P im just surprised the ad watchdag (whatever they are called) never caught onto this practice yet were all over FFXIII lol tis pretty funny.

But yeah were too smart aswell prolly why some fanboy's logic in here is shot to hell with the mindnumbing awesomeness of us lot xD.

my aplologies, i meant us brits, and you know what the ad watchdogs are like (i can't remember what they are called either) totally usless.lol