AC Unity maybe 720p on PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@speak_low said:

If this is true, then it's very disappointing.

But I can safely laugh back at certain PC elitists when I know they need to upgrade their own video card to get AC: Unity running smoothly at 1080p/60fps/Ultra on their own rig. You deducted a LOT of money from that bank account to get that incredibly robust card to pump out those Ubisoft pixels - a card that costs more than the PS4 + Wii U combined!!

So basically the lesson they're trying to teach us is "pay even more money for the best performance on the block."

Genius. I'm glad you're hear to tell us these things. None of these PC gamers are going to run upcoming games like AC:Unity at 1080p/60fps with a $400 card.

Who's laughing now

Yeap you gota pay up if you want to enjoy the best of what gaming has to offer.

If these "pc elitists" think that $400 is a lot of money then they arent really PC elitists

Elaisse2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#153 Elaisse2
Member since 2013 • 43 Posts

People are expecting ps4 to perform 1080p with these games? You paid 400 for a next gen console lower the expectations a little here.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@clyde46 said:

If its 720p on the PS4, I dread to think what the X1 is going to get.

I can't image this rumor being true, and if it is how in the hell will the One display this at 720 if the PS4 has too? I expect a massive meltdown from mall sides if this happens. Crazy days ahead.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@clyde46 said:

If its 720p on the PS4, I dread to think what the X1 is going to get.

And I already preordered the CE set for PS4..awwww yeahhhh

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

First games are not movies. Movies are static, games aren't. That comparison is by definition dumb. In games you try to create as many things as real time as possible. I didn't have to tell you how the games are progresses from being completely baked to more and more real time to improve realism. I know this is a tough pill for you to swallow as a die hard cow.

Ryse on PC will onlu surpass Crysis 3 on PC if they render the cutscenes in realtime on PC. I have seen the building of cutscenes in Cinebox in realtime, so I know that's possible, but that's it. Rest, Crysis 3 is superior. Wanna debate that, go and talk to the former Lead R&D Engineer of Crytek Tiago Sousa who know joined ID and worked both on Crysis 3 and Ryse, for your information, unfortunately he also considers Crysis 3 to be technically superior to Ryse. Go and ask him on twitter or go and ask other Crytek devs on CryDev because I know you will continue your ramblings without believing me.

You still didn't answer my question related to Capcom. Stop avoiding the actual question. They didn't have the SDK but they did use 570 for the approximation of the SDK, now do you approximate something with half as powerful when you can get something that is close to the final product, let's just say for 2X, why didn't they SLI 570, ( I know SLI is dumb but just for the sake of argument)? So, tell me did they purposefully used the less powerful component? You know the funny thing, the original demo looked far better than what they are running now. Take what you can from that. It's a shame that I thought you were more than a sony fanboy, but after provind with the actual benchmarks of 7850 of 570 you are still going on with your 2X performance crap. Yes, consoles have optimizations but they still performm in the same ball park. Live with that.

And, I passed my school, 4.5 years back. I think you misunderstood me. I'm not a professional game dev. My area of extertise in Computer Science is Business Process Managment and Systems Engineering. I'm a hobbyist game dev, I took online courses in game dev and CG for my love of game dev. I don't even publish my games, I just do things for fun but yes, as a computer science graduate I do know these things much better than many of you.

Well then why don't you get these links up to me then? Tiago Sousa's statements. I am genuinely interested. Crysis 3 is a 360 game in both scale and assets. The effects it adds sure does improve the asthetics, but you wouldn't call Half Life 2 better graphics than Killzone 2 just because you can run it in 1080p or it has better textures here and there. Crysis 3 does indeed feature amazing rendering tech. But to say that it is beyond a game built with no last gen restraints is kind of retarded. The scaling and geometric density of next gen games is substantially higher. Ryse could not be synthasized on PS3/360 without being fundamentally changed. It should be common sense. I don't understand the resistance against it.

Capcom says the demo of Deep Down shown can be run on a PC with a 570. But then what does that matter? We don't even know how much Capcom will make use of the PS4 hardware. Coders learn better code for systems as time goes on. The 2x claims are not a given. They are potential. I don't know why it's that hard to grasp. A simple driver update on PC can increase game performance upwards of 60% in some cases. What makes you think strategic coding for one set of hardware won't manage 100%? DirectX is abstract and has to work across a wide range of hardware. That alone is a big perf hinderance. But then there is the added frustration of graphics driver/API overheads that restrict low level access to the GPU. Yet another performance hinderance. Then there is memory management. Low level API's can strategically use memory in the system. Especially in a unified pool like PS4/XB1. All this can be taken advantage of in consoles (especially first party). And no not just Sony first party like you seem to think I think. I'm not a cow. I simply like the PlayStation games better than most. That's all. That's just me. I still love my PC games like Half Life, TF2, CS:Go, Crysis 1, etc.

I know you hate Sony first party, but when you find time, look at some of Naughty Dog's philosophy in development. It explains how they get the best out of their hardware. I'm not trying to white knight, but they are quite impressive in the way they work on limited hardware. It's quite long, but it gives you an idea of how that 2x performance thing plays out. On PC, using DirectX, none of this what he explains is even remotely possible through an abstract high level API.

I'm not going to search through hundreds of threads, presentations, speeches to get his statements for you. You want it, do it your self. Or may be go to CryDev.net and some user might help you find that or some other Crytek dev will explain it to you. I'm not going to do the hard labor because you are still hell bent on your next gen thingy. I know the reality and that's that. If you really want the truth, find it on your own.

Capcom was clear over a 570. They didn't just create a demo. They designed their entire, pile, an engine with 570 in mind and developed game according to this specs until they got the dev kits, and keep this in mind they co-developed the Panta Rhei engine with Sony. So your First/Thirdy Party as well as just a tech demo comments are invalid. 2X claims were made by you, so the onus is on you to provide the actual evidence. So far you didn't. Just like you still failed to provide the actual evidence of low level GPU access. I provided links showing the performance similarities between PS4 GPU and 570.

Sorry, I'm not going to buy any bullshit from ND when none of their games have lived up to their advertised 'in-engine' trailers and their bullshit PR like PS3 has 'no limits'. Wake me when ND produces the kind of research papers Crytek devs or many other PC devs produces or pioneers the techniques like they did in the past decade. I can name a number of books, events where Crytek devs have written articles for new graphics techniques and pioneered them. So far, ND did nothing, they just copied all that from the PC devs. You know the funny thing, being the Sony's Premier studio ND should be the one presenting how to effectively utilize PS3 for different rendering tasks, unfortunately it were Crytek who did the presentations and speeches on it. There's a reason why Crytek gets the attention for graphics and different programmers attend their engineers technical presentation with utmost interest( well at least untill now, future is looking bleak), Crytek games after Warhead plain sucks, but realtime graphics is one thing they are still ahead of the curve. So, sorry if I don't take Sony First Party serious.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#158  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

This gens consoles are essentially cut down, closed PC's. Now put Ubisoft into the equation, a company that's well known to be not particularly good at optimising their PC games. Their games often have very high end recommended specs.

So the PS4 not having enough power to run Assassins Creed: Unity at 1080p, though they are likely pushing for max settings, makes perfect sense. The compromise would be the graphics being locked at lower settings and resolution being pushed up. The PS4 (or Xbone) does not have the power to get both.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#160 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@hehe101 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

lol it isn't out for another two months. Silly lemmings.

@hehe101 said:

If you have a problem get a PC and get over it PS4 isn't as powerful as you all think. Xbox has started doing 1080p nothing really to boast about.

A 12 year old Gamecube game and Diablo 3. Wind your neck in.

Destiny? Same as PS4, i think you need to stop being delusional and get over your god almighty PS4

Because they were looking for near-parity on all consoles, you dumb lem.

still 1080p, poor dat

Birimbau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Birimbau
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I always play multiplats on PC, I have a PS4 only for exclusives.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@scottpsfan14: Don't even waste your time with Zeeshhandhaider! Ive owned him so many times with links and facts when when you take the time to dig all that up he just disappears. He spouts loads of random crap with no links or facts. Its just a waste of time.

ragnaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ragnaris
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

If its 720p rendering exactly what the Xbox One is rendering, it means there is unused GPU shader resources not being exploited on the PS4 version. Its a simple hardware engineering fact.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

480p on xbox one.

Seriously.

im not so sure, could possibly be a way to keep the games similar on both consoles.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

PS4 is a weak ass console at least the Xbox doesn't pretend to be all powerful. Get a PC if resolution is the only thing important to you.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 zeeshanhaider

@AM-Gamer said:

@scottpsfan14: Don't even waste your time with Zeeshhandhaider! Ive owned him so many times with links and facts when when you take the time to dig all that up he just disappears. He spouts loads of random crap with no links or facts. Its just a waste of time.

You never owned me, quit lying. How about you tell him your sig bet or what about your Infamous not casting shadows because it's already under a shadow or how about Deep Down won't be exclusive? Tell me when did I didn't back up my claims with links? It's you who always disappears when confronted with facts like I just did in this very thread.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Wouldn't be surprised. That's what happens when you force a ton of graphical effects on a poorly threaded engine.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

I'm not going to search through hundreds of threads, presentations, speeches to get his statements for you. You want it, do it your self. Or may be go to CryDev.net and some user might help you find that or some other Crytek dev will explain it to you. I'm not going to do the hard labor because you are still hell bent on your next gen thingy. I know the reality and that's that. If you really want the truth, find it on your own.

Capcom was clear over a 570. They didn't just create a demo. They designed their entire, pile, an engine with 570 in mind and developed game according to this specs until they got the dev kits, and keep this in mind they co-developed the Panta Rhei engine with Sony. So your First/Thirdy Party as well as just a tech demo comments are invalid. 2X claims were made by you, so the onus is on you to provide the actual evidence. So far you didn't. Just like you still failed to provide the actual evidence of low level GPU access. I provided links showing the performance similarities between PS4 GPU and 570.

Sorry, I'm not going to buy any bullshit from ND when none of their games have lived up to their advertised 'in-engine' trailers and their bullshit PR like PS3 has 'no limits'. Wake me when ND produces the kind of research papers Crytek devs or many other PC devs produces or pioneers the techniques like they did in the past decade. I can name a number of books, events where Crytek devs have written articles for new graphics techniques and pioneered them. So far, ND did nothing, they just copied all that from the PC devs. You know the funny thing, being the Sony's Premier studio ND should be the one presenting how to effectively utilize PS3 for different rendering tasks, unfortunately it were Crytek who did the presentations and speeches on it. There's a reason why Crytek gets the attention for graphics and different programmers attend their engineers technical presentation with utmost interest( well at least untill now, future is looking bleak), Crytek games after Warhead plain sucks, but realtime graphics is one thing they are still ahead of the curve. So, sorry if I don't take Sony First Party serious.

Are you really that much of an idiot? Why would they design a PS4 game engine around an Nvidia GPU? You absolute tool lol. When a console dev codes a game, they code for the GPU in the console. Or haven't you heard? How can one take you seriously if you make pathetic claims like that? Also, what evidence of a 570 performing like the PS4 GPU did you provide?

You are scary clueless for a graduate of computer science. The school you attended ought to be closed. Also, that ND presentation wasn't about graphics tech, it was about utilization of hardware. Something they are FAR FAR better at than Crytek. Simple as that. A DirectX coder has far less to do than a console coder. Prove that wrong. I have plenty of links to back it up. You can try and refute it. But you would be wrong.

To clarify, not one person on here, including hermits, agree with hardly anything you say. They just think you're a useless poster who trolls console gamers. Nothing more. You make up a million false claims like photo mode re-rendering the image with higher quality lighting, assets and AA. And how Crysis 2 is beyond anything what PS4/XB1 will ever achieve. Your hatred for consoles is actually quite sad. Sort something out in your pointless life.

Sources available upon request...

So, you started throwing personal insults because you didn't back up any of your claims. Good, that's a good indicator when you have failed to prove your point. Didn't I provide you with benchmarks of 570 vs 7850? What links did you provide of showing the actual 2X performance difference? I'm not talking about the PR claims, the real indicators? Any game that shows this difference?

The development of Panta Rhei started in the summer of 2011, to address problems with Capcom’s proprietary engine MT Framework that led to the deterioration of development efficiency, and also because the old engine wouldn’t be able to efficiently handle the “huge assets” that next generation games will involve.

Link

Pretty sure PS4 exists in 2011 or 7850 exists in 2011 right? Or may be they developed the whole engine a couple of months after getting the PS4 SDK. I mean seriously CApcom were idiots right, because they first made technology for 570 to run a tech demo and then demolished all of it and begin developing an engine from scratch for PS4 GPU because it's 2x more powerful. Sounds perfectly reasonable. /Sarcasm

At the beginning of development of “The Order 1886″ porting our PC-based technology to PS4 was a breeze.

Link

Oh crap, even RAD first developed their tech on PC untill they got their SDK as it seems. Looks like devs don't just wait for the actual thing to have, they approximate the end product and design their tech around that. Go ahead, teach some sense to RAD and Capcom, how foolish they are. They are endangering the 2X POWAH potential. They should learn something from you.

I'm sorry to disappoint, my university is still churning out engineers every year and they all seem to find a place in industry. Actually many non-cows agree to what I say on this forum. Feel free to ask them about my Crysis 2 comments. Go ahead, there's Wasdie, a very knowledgeable and respected person. There is SolidTy, Miiv etc. All of them have PS consoles but their answer would match with mine. Remember to ask them on PM,so you won't be ridiculed. Be my guest.

Oh and your claim about ND knowing more about hardware utilization. How about you put up an actual presentation given by ND on PS3 hardware utilization which actual industry veteran programmers attended. I can bring up the Crytek's that actually address the real world problems that actual rendering engineers have to face with rendering new technologies, even though I have to dig in many of their presentations but that's the effort I'm willing to put, if you are going to do the same for me. Capiche? :D

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider: lmao ok troll. Like when you said KZ:SF , Infamous SS were downgraded and then you got owned. Or how photomode added assets and I owned you again. Sig bet? Wtf are you talking about. Do you need more pics of all the light sources on infamous SS that cast shadows? Or what about the tech you said was cut for deep down in the PS4 and then I owned your ass again with links.

Please keep spouting more random Shit or better yet dig up the threads . You won't because you looked like a fool.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 zeeshanhaider

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider: lmao ok troll. Like when you said KZ:SF , Infamous SS were downgraded and then you got owned. Or how photomode added assets and I owned you again. Sig bet? Wtf are you talking about. Do you need more pics of all the light sources on infamous SS that cast shadows? Or what about the tech you said was cut for deep down in the PS4 and then I owned your ass again with links.

Please keep spouting more random Shit or better yet dig up the threads . You won't because you looked like a fool.

I never ever said Infamous was downgraded. Show me where I said that. KZ:SF I did and I posted its 4K bullshot along with the downgraded screenshot which you just ignored. Photomode isn't the representation of the ingame graphics, that's is indeed a fact. You can change colors, filters, camera angles etc. Cry all you want.

Deep Downgrade is not the word I have given for Deep Down, though I did confuse when the Capcom dev said that they initially wanted to have SVOGI, I thought the PC version already had SVOGI and now they are using SVGI. My bad. But the point still remains, Deep Down is downgraded compared to the initial reveal.

And the sig bet about the Crapzone looking better than Crysis 3, I know you coward will not admit it now. Feel free to dig up threads, only you will end up being a liar that have changed his statements multiple times.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider: And I posted a screenshot showing how you were a complete dumbass and completely incorrect. Your Bullshot looked no better then my screenshare pic. So now camera angles and color filters are not accurate representation of the game? That basically means the photomodes used in pc games these past years are all bullshit then. But hey at least you admitted I owned your ass on Deep down. To bad your just lying about infamous SS.

And KS:SF easily beats Crysis 3 in lots of areas . The geometry brings C3 to shame. Have you played KZ:SF? It easily matches C3 and exceeds it on other areas. Stop acting like I'm the only one here who thinks KZ:SF beats or matches Crysis 3.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider: And I posted a screenshot showing how you were a complete dumbass and completely incorrect. Your Bullshot looked no better then my screenshare pic. So now camera angles and color filters are not accurate representation of the game? That basically means the photomodes used in pc games these past years are all bullshit then. But hey at least you admitted I owned your ass on Deep down. To bad your just lying about infamous SS.

And KS:SF easily beats Crysis 3 in lots of areas . The geometry brings C3 to shame. Have you played KZ:SF? It easily matches C3 and exceeds it on other areas. Stop acting like I'm the only one here who thinks KZ:SF beats or matches Crysis 3.

Yes, it did looked far better than the screenshot I posted, quit lying. In PC, we don't freeze the game when taking screens unline the Infamous photomode. The game play is exactly the same when we improve filters or textures through modding unlike Famous for no shadows photo mode.

Only cows think Crapzone: Shadow Fail beats Crysis 3 in any area. Crysis 3 wipes the floor with Crapzone including geometry. Hell Crysis 2 beats Crapzone in every single damn area of graphics. SIGGRAPH award and DF article are testament to that you sony drones are doing DC. Your ass has been owned. LMAO subHD Crysis 3 killer. Go ahead and start hyping up UC4, it may end up on the level of Crysis 2 if ND tries very hard. You still have a chance. :D

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I feel sorry for the PC lackies that get a laugh out of something like this.

What sort of no life do you have to have to be happy about another person not getting a full experience in entertainment.

As for the topic....if it's not at least 900p or the like....it's not the PS4....it's Ubisoft and their awful programming skills. Black Flag looked great on PS4 and it was pretty big as does Watchdogs....so whatever in house dev team is doing this....they need to keep the slate clean.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#175 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

What sort of no life do you have to have to be happy about another person not getting a full experience in entertainment.

As for the topic....if it's not at least 900p or the like....it's not the PS4....it's Ubisoft and their awful programming skills. Black Flag looked great on PS4 and it was pretty big as does Watchdogs....so whatever in house dev team is doing this....they need to keep the slate clean.

• It's system wars, cows do it to lems all the time.
  • The conspiracies!
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Yes, it did looked far better than the screenshot I posted, quit lying. In PC, we don't freeze the game when taking screens unline the Infamous photomode. The game play is exactly the same when we improve filters or textures through modding unlike Famous for no shadows photo mode.

Only cows think Crapzone: Shadow Fail beats Crysis 3 in any area. Crysis 3 wipes the floor with Crapzone including geometry. Hell Crysis 2 beats Crapzone in every single damn area of graphics. SIGGRAPH award and DF article are testament to that you sony drones are doing DC. Your ass has been owned. LMAO subHD Crysis 3 killer. Go ahead and start hyping up UC4, it may end up on the level of Crysis 2 if ND tries very hard. You still have a chance. :D

Are you having a complete meltdown or you just slow? Infamous has no shadows in photomode now? What about all those pics of Crysis with nothing but a building or modded GTA with no HUD or charcter models. Those are the same thing. You are taking a screenshot of the game in a manor that is unplayable. All photomode does in Infamous SS is allow you to move the Camera wherever you want and if you want to make it black and white with color filters you can do that as well. Its exactly how it is asset for asset in game it adds nothing. Now please link me to a DF article or Siggraph award that says Crysis 2 or 3 look better then KZ:SF. You are fucking clueless as Crysis 3 geometry can be rendered on a PS3 and 360 KZ:SF is wiping the flow with the amount of pure polygons being pushed . Sub HD? So you only take the MP mode when talking about KZ? How about the MP of Crysis that simply just uses far lower quality assets then the Singler player. Bu bu teh siggraph awards. Lmao please tell me who else was nominated in these prestegious awards that didnt even exist untill this year. Since there rating a game from 2013 its safe to say Infamous SS probaly came out to late. It also wouldnt surpise me if if the game had to be rendered on some form of middleware to be even nominated . So regardless stay buthurt and ignore the facts.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Mr_Huggles_dog

@bldgirsh said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

• It's system wars, cows do it to lems all the time.
  • The conspiracies!

Being happy about someone not getting the full experience of a game....is not the same as "My system is better than yours." It's taking it to another level....and a more pathetic one.

And it's not a conspiracy. I could say the same about how you guys bitch all day every day about how devs don't make good ports....what the **** is the difference?

There is none....it just looks cool to go "Conspiracy theorist whining!!!"

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#178 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: I don't think you understand the whole reason of system wars... Take its comments with a pinch of salt. If you are genuinely getting mad on SW's a) I feel bad for you b) You need to leave.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Mr_Huggles_dog

@bldgirsh said:

@mr_huggles_dog: I don't think you understand the whole reason of system wars... Take its comments with a pinch of salt. If you are genuinely getting mad on SW's a) I feel bad for you b) You need to leave.

Why do so many ppl claim others are mad?

Is it b/c of the "U mad" meme that so many ppl want to impress the kids with?

Just b/c I don't respect anyone who is described in my post...doesn't mean I'm mad at them. If anything I feel nothing since they seem to have a void that is quite pathetic.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Lol what a blurry, unplayable mess that would be.

How do you play Nintendo games then?

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#181  Edited By digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

This just means they are going to have to cut down some effects to achieve 1080p. However in doing so they will also most likely leave those effects out for the PC version.

Probably paranoid, but I believe publishers demand PC and console to be near equal in quality even if PC can handle more. Simply because they want to keep the cream of the console market. Imagine if games were let loose and let PC's take full advantage of a games effects, then more people would go to PC, which would show a significant loss in dollars since console games are more expensive. But as I said it's prob just my crazy conspiracy theories :)

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#182 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Cant be true, x1 would need to be 480p if it was.

UC4 will look much better and 1080p.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Are you having a complete meltdown or you just slow? Infamous has no shadows in photomode now? What about all those pics of Crysis with nothing but a building or modded GTA with no HUD or charcter models. Those are the same thing. You are taking a screenshot of the game in a manor that is unplayable. All photomode does in Infamous SS is allow you to move the Camera wherever you want and if you want to make it black and white with color filters you can do that as well. Its exactly how it is asset for asset in game it adds nothing. Now please link me to a DF article or Siggraph award that says Crysis 2 or 3 look better then KZ:SF. You are fucking clueless as Crysis 3 geometry can be rendered on a PS3 and 360 KZ:SF is wiping the flow with the amount of pure polygons being pushed . Sub HD? So you only take the MP mode when talking about KZ? How about the MP of Crysis that simply just uses far lower quality assets then the Singler player. Bu bu teh siggraph awards. Lmao please tell me who else was nominated in these prestegious awards that didnt even exist untill this year. Since there rating a game from 2013 its safe to say Infamous SS probaly came out to late. It also wouldnt surpise me if if the game had to be rendered on some form of middleware to be even nominated . So regardless stay buthurt and ignore the facts.

Yes Famous for no shadows has no shadows or when it has only one light source casting it, remain jelly. No HUD. You cluess less sony drone, did you know you can turn the HUD off with a command in pretty much all games that support modding that doesn't mean you are freezing a game to a single frame. You can still play it. And then you say you have played all the PC games at their max settings. LMAO. Liar. All the Crysis 3 shots with no HUD or GTA 4 screens without HUD are the gameplay pics. You dumb dumb.

I have linked you countless times to a DF article but after that you simply vanishes. But let me do it one more time.

Furthermore, as the first title designed using the latest iteration of CryEngine middleware, it's interesting to consider how it stacks up against previous PC releases. Crysis 3, released earlier this year, maxes out Titan-class GPUs at its very high quality setting - even before higher-end anti-aliasing settings have been engaged.

All of which begs the question: could these new consoles run Crysis 3?..........Crytek could produce a Crysis Trilogy of sorts for next-generation consoles with few compromises.

That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest.

Even the Crytek's worst effort to date on a 50% weaker hardware still manages to surpass GG and Sony's best effort to date. And just so you know Crysis 2 wipes the floor with Crapzone's geometry with tessellation on. Ask Scotty, may be he will be willing to share the pics I have shared with him about how much poly in single objects Crysis 2 pushes. He once had a discussion with me over Crysis 2 and its 'TACKED on SUPERFICIAL FEATURES.' and as far as I remember you were also in that thread asking me for the same DF link.

The last paragrah about SIGGRAPH is pure DC. I loved that part. Can you do that again? If you knew single thing about graphics you would know what SIGGRAPH means. There's not a single person in the entire CG world that dare question SIGGRAPH. And just so you know games after July 2013 were in the running until SiGGRAPH 2014 held. That's the model of SIGGRAPH, picking winners from one session of SIGGRAPH to the next.

Now continue with your DC.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider: Where did they compare Ryse to KZ? They never did nor did anyone. They were comparing it to the half assed launch titles on the X1. I love how you link the most irrelevant Shit. Even your article says the consoles could max Crysis. The only thing a high end pc is going to do is add better AA and more frames. And I can't believe your stupid ass us still arguing that photo mode adds Shit to infamous.

Nobody questions Siggraph? You are right for once you know why? Because nobody knew what They were untill 2 days ago. I own both Ryse and infamous SS. It's funny you call the PS4 900p station when Ryse is the one running in 900p in extremely linear environments. Infamous shits all over Ryse visually it's not even close. Higher levels of geometry in a game that's about 100x the size. And why don't you link me to who else was nominated because I can't find any mention of it anywhere.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 zeeshanhaider

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider: Where did they compare Ryse to KZ? They never did nor did anyone. They were comparing it to the half assed launch titles on the X1. I love how you link the most irrelevant Shit. Even your article says the consoles could max Crysis. The only thing a high end pc is going to do is add better AA and more frames. And I can't believe your stupid ass us still arguing that photo mode adds Shit to infamous.

Nobody questions Siggraph? You are right for once you know why? Because nobody knew what They were untill 2 days ago. I own both Ryse and infamous SS. It's funny you call the PS4 900p station when Ryse is the one running in 900p in extremely linear environments. Infamous shits all over Ryse visually it's not even close. Higher levels of geometry in a game that's about 100x the size. And why don't you link me to who else was nominated because I can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Hahahahaha....you are avoiding to qote me so people don't see your hypocrise. Did you fail to read the quote 'what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest.' They said CONSOLES as in plural and Ryse was released after Crapzone. Even an idiot could comprehend that simple fact what does that mean. But go on continue with your Dc and spin that.

The article clearly mentioned the world CRYSIS TRIOLOGY of SORTS with COMPROMISES meaning the next generation of consoles won't ever be able to run Crysis triology as is unless Crytek removes graphical features from it. Again continue with your DC and remain jelly.

Nobody knew SIGGRAPH? LMAO! Only clueless cows says that because you have only heard of things Sony wins. ;) Like I previously mentioned to another poster if you knew anything about graphics you would have heard how big SIGGRAPH is, not because of the damn award but the actual event and what it means for the CG world. Anyways, I was telling you what I told the other poster the other day, SIGGRAPH invites their winners only, not the nominees, they are not your regular award function. SIGGRAPH is a technical event first and foremost where programmers, artists, researchers gathers, give, their speeches, present their technologies, research etc. C'mon write some more crap about SIGGRAPH so I could laugh at you. Better yet go to any CG forum like beyond3d and post how you feel about SIGGRAPH and how it is overrated. I'm sure they will all laugh at you......argggggghhhhh.......I mean agree with you. :D

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@hehe101 said:

still 1080p, poor dat

Outlast was 1080p too. It's not difficult if the fidelity doesn't tax the Bone.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@hehe101 said:

still 1080p, poor dat

Outlast was 1080p too. It's not difficult if the fidelity doesn't tax the Bone.

But the question then becomes, will games without last gen counterparts tax the PS4 too much aswell and force it to 900p? Considering EA sports UFC is 900p on both. I'm also waiting for confirmation on whether or not Lords of the Fallen, The Witcher 3 or Batman AK are 1080p.

Also, LotF didn't seem that advanced. They stated it's harder to get 900p on the xb1, but will have to wait and see

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Hahahahaha....you are avoiding to qote me so people don't see your hypocrise. Did you fail to read the quote 'what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest.' They said CONSOLES as in plural and Ryse was released after Crapzone. Even an idiot could comprehend that simple fact what does that mean. But go on continue with your Dc and spin that.

The article clearly mentioned the world CRYSIS TRIOLOGY of SORTS with COMPROMISES meaning the next generation of consoles won't ever be able to run Crysis triology as is unless Crytek removes graphical features from it. Again continue with your DC and remain jelly.

Nobody knew SIGGRAPH? LMAO! Only clueless cows says that because you have only heard of things Sony wins. ;) Like I previously mentioned to another poster if you knew anything about graphics you would have heard how big SIGGRAPH is, not because of the damn award but the actual event and what it means for the CG world. Anyways, I was telling you what I told the other poster the other day, SIGGRAPH invites their winners only, not the nominees, they are not your regular award function. SIGGRAPH is a technical event first and foremost where programmers, artists, researchers gathers, give, their speeches, present their technologies, research etc. C'mon write some more crap about SIGGRAPH so I could laugh at you. Better yet go to any CG forum like beyond3d and post how you feel about SIGGRAPH and how it is overrated. I'm sure they will all laugh at you......argggggghhhhh.......I mean agree with you. :D

I didnt quote you to avoid long quote chains, Its not hard to scroll up and read( well maybe it is for you). How often do you read digital foundry? Because last time I checked they have no problem comparing games directly to others. The reason why he didnt compare it to KZ:SF was simply because he didnt have the balls to say it looked better. You know why? Because it doesnt. And what is your great crusade for Ryse? You do realize if Ryse was on PS4 it would look better right? Just like pretty much every mutliplat looks better on PS4. Hell it would actually run in 1080p. But that wouldnt change the fact that on the X1 as gorgeous as it looks its still extremly Linear runs in 900p and often chugs below 30fps. But you knew that right? I mean im sure you own the game since you talk about it so much.

Here you go again with your random bull shit interpretation. Compromises in the case of Crysis would be 1080p, probalby 30fps and Post process AA . Its max visual settings would have no problems making the cut. Every village idiot knows a high end PC is going to be able to do resolutions well beyond 1080p and much higher grades of AA. Those are the compromises. Not some random shit your dumbass makes up . Especially since the geometry and poly counts were identical on 8 year old hardware.

Right nobody knew about Siggraphs award not here in SW anyways. Sorry thats a fact. Since you are so familiar with this prestiges award then why you dont you list all the past winners? I mean they have been doing this awhile now right? Its funny because I cant find them. And since System Wars loves to talk about graphics every year im pretty sure everyone would love to throw up there past awards in peoples face for ownage But for some reason I dont see it. And in the thread talking about how Ryse won the award why does nobody know who they are? I get there computer professionals but there not all game designers most of them are not even visual artist. Music Professionals nominate awards for the Grammys so that must mean Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are some of the best artist around? I mean by your logic.

And just look how hard it is to be apart of this Prestiges community. It takes all of of 42$ and an Email to join this elite community. I could actually nominate people for these prestiges awards next year if you sign on for the professional membership. LMAO what a fucking joke.

http://www.siggraph.org/participate/membership

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#189 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

If it is true then Sony will produce a bunch of posters and advertisements saying that its 1080p and 60 fps and its an experience you can only get on PS4. You know... like they usually do.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By zeeshanhaider
@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

I didnt quote you to avoid long quote chains, Its not hard to scroll up and read( well maybe it is for you). How often do you read digital foundry? Because last time I checked they have no problem comparing games directly to others. The reason why he didnt compare it to KZ:SF was simply because he didnt have the balls to say it looked better. You know why? Because it doesnt. And what is your great crusade for Ryse? You do realize if Ryse was on PS4 it would look better right? Just like pretty much every mutliplat looks better on PS4. Hell it would actually run in 1080p. But that wouldnt change the fact that on the X1 as gorgeous as it looks its still extremly Linear runs in 900p and often chugs below 30fps. But you knew that right? I mean im sure you own the game since you talk about it so much.

Here you go again with your random bull shit interpretation. Compromises in the case of Crysis would be 1080p, probalby 30fps and Post process AA . Its max visual settings would have no problems making the cut. Every village idiot knows a high end PC is going to be able to do resolutions well beyond 1080p and much higher grades of AA. Those are the compromises. Not some random shit your dumbass makes up . Especially since the geometry and poly counts were identical on 8 year old hardware.

Right nobody knew about Siggraphs award not here in SW anyways. Sorry thats a fact. Since you are so familiar with this prestiges award then why you dont you list all the past winners? I mean they have been doing this awhile now right? Its funny because I cant find them. And since System Wars loves to talk about graphics every year im pretty sure everyone would love to throw up there past awards in peoples face for ownage But for some reason I dont see it. And in the thread talking about how Ryse won the award why does nobody know who they are? I get there computer professionals but there not all game designers most of them are not even visual artist. Music Professionals nominate awards for the Grammys so that must mean Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are some of the best artist around? I mean by your logic.

Like I said, continue with your spin and DC. The author went clearly with saying Ryse towers over the rest but you sony drones try to spin now that it didn't mention Crapzone by name. That's called pure DC. Some time back many cows were claiming that the same author actually said on NeoGaf that Crapzone looks better, turned out, he was not the author of the article but some other user. Funny thing is DF is not the only source who says that, but I only quote it because they were the only technical one, rest were just reviewers. Come on continue with your DC. And no, I don't own the game? Do you think I'll own a movie like Ryse?

Yes, Ryse would look better on PS4 but then if that's how you are going to gauge things then, Crapzone, Famous for no shadows, The Order 800p, Ucharted would all be 4K on PC and with dynamic shadows. :D

Again with your DC. Didn't you read the article, what did it say about maxing the TITANS before even AA are engaged, yeah good luck maxing Crysis 3 at 1080p on that tablet CPU with 570 level GPU. Funny when it has trouble running games in 900p with dynamic lighting. :D

Yup, majority of SW didn't know about SIGGRAPH because they don't know about graphics like they pretend apart from a select few, like Wasdie, CrownKingArthur etc, and they all know how big of an accomplishment it is for Crytek. And I think I already mentioned how it's their first time awarding a game, in past they only award individual technology and not a product that's using the said technology and they didn't award Ryse for best game you dumb dumb. They award it for best Realtime graphics....something teh Sony First Party can't seems to do. And I'm sorry technical features can be evaluated unlike something subjective like Music so, your comparison is again invalid and reeks full of DC.

And just look how hard it is to be apart of this Prestiges community. It takes all of of 42$ and an Email to join this elite community. I could actually nominate people for these prestiges awards next year if you sign on for the professional membership. LMAO what a fucking joke.

Edit: Now that's pure gold. A classic cow meltdown over loosing the award. Yes, sony drone it is a Prestigious community, your DC and jelly won't change its position among CG world. And yes, you can nominate but can you win? :D Come on cows gather up and let's nominate UC4 next year. It's about the reputation of Sony and sony drones. :D

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

Lmao cows didn't know about siggraph yet dare talk about CGI...

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

But the question then becomes, will games without last gen counterparts tax the PS4 too much aswell and force it to 900p? Considering EA sports UFC is 900p on both. I'm also waiting for confirmation on whether or not Lords of the Fallen, The Witcher 3 or Batman AK are 1080p.

Also, LotF didn't seem that advanced. They stated it's harder to get 900p on the xb1, but will have to wait and see

Probably. Though UFC has technical issues on both consoles, sounds like it was a rush job. Typical of EA.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Like I said, continue with your spin and DC. The author went clearly with saying Ryse towers over the rest but you sony drones try to spin now that it didn't mention Crapzone by name. That's called pure DC. Some time back many cows were claiming that the same author actually said on NeoGaf that Crapzone looks better, turned out, he was not the author of the article but some other user. Funny thing is DF is not the only source who says that, but I only quote it because they were the only technical one, rest were just reviewers. Come on continue with your DC. And no, I don't own the game? Do you think I'll own a movie like Ryse?

Yes, Ryse would look better on PS4 but then if that's how you are going to gauge things then, Crapzone, Famous for no shadows, The Order 800p, Ucharted would all be 4K on PC and with dynamic shadows. :D

Again with your DC. Didn't you read the article, what did it say about maxing the TITANS before even AA are engaged, yeah good luck maxing Crysis 3 at 1080p on that tablet CPU with 570 level GPU. Funny when it has trouble running games in 900p with dynamic lighting. :D

Yup, majority of SW didn't know about SIGGRAPH because they don't know about graphics like they pretend apart from a select few, like Wasdie, CrownKingArthur etc, and they all know how big of an accomplishment it is for Crytek. And I think I already mentioned how it's their first time awarding a game, in past they only award individual technology and not a product that's using the said technology and they didn't award Ryse for best game you dumb dumb. They award it for best Realtime graphics....something teh Sony First Party can't seems to do. And I'm sorry technical features can be evaluated unlike something subjective like Music so, your comparison is again invalid and reeks full of DC.

Edit: Now that's pure gold. A classic cow meltdown over loosing the award. Yes, sony drone it is a Prestigious community, your DC and jelly won't change its position among CG world. And yes, you can nominate but can you win? :D Come on cows gather up and let's nominate UC4 next year. It's about the reputation of Sony and sony drones. :D

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

I love how you conventinly left out the part where I linked how easy it was go join Siggraph and nominate for this new reward. I will list it again http://www.siggraph.org/participate/membership

$30 and a Email. Wow thats so amazing that something that any village idiot can join who has never gave out a game reward is all of a sudden the Gospel of truth. You can even nominate things for awards as long as you pay the fee. Wow such an amazing accomplishment. LMAO

Like I said , DF is the same website that repetedly compares games in previews. You honestly think Ryse towers above KZ:SF? Its funny because the game they mention the most now as the new benchmark is Infamous SS. You barely ever see them mention Ryse anymore? Now why is that? Now back to your irrelvant bullshit. Could all those PS4 games run on PC at 4k? Sure they could you would just need a PC about 5x the price of a PS4. That doesnt change the fact tha a pc with a GTX570 couldn't dream of running any of those games. But only your stupid ass bases the PS4 off a weaker NVIDIA GPU. Hell Infamous cast more shadows then Ryse and your dumb ass doesnt know because hes never played it. It has so many more light sources its not even close. It would be sad if Ryse had to Prebake anything as linear as it is. It just shows you are a absolute fool and no jack shit. Thats why you are blabbering about a game that runs in 900p with about 1/5th the amount of geometry on screen at a time vs a game that has far more light sources runs in full 1080p with larger enviorments and manges to do it with a smoother framerate.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@AM-Gamer:

See my edited post. And no matter what you said, I will take the expert's word over a random sony drone any day of the week. Funny none of the industry professionals agree with sony drones. Must be hurting you. And yeah, I think 570 will be able to run all those exclusives pretty fine. Wanna fight over this then go fight with Capcom over your beloved game. Specs don't lie. About the 5X cost well, I'm getting 5x the pixel count from the 900pStation as well as much better graphics, to me 5X cost is worth it. :D

By the way, what was the actual point of discussion? Yeah....Crapzone teh Crysis 3 killer. You have failed to prove that while I have provided links for both Ryse and Crysis triology superiority which you tried to spin and did DC like you did when I provided the 4K bullshots. Keep on doing the DC. Fact is you got owned like always and you did lose the bet, I know you are not man enough and you won't accept it being a typical sony drone. So yeah, keep on doing your DC, coward.

Anyways, bookmark this thread, you may again lie to some other user over how you owned my ass over something, you may need proof of that.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@zeeshanhaider said:

Call me when Crytek can make a game full HD on consoles that look great,and not going the easy way to sub HD like they did ion Crysis and on Ryse to the game was downgrade to 900p when is and enclosed piece of sh** that is build like a freaking fighting game,

Uncharted 3 had phycis on PS3 that put Crysis 3 to shame on PS3,drake hair and cloth could even get wet for Christ sake,hell the boat stage alone display more impressive phycis that Crysis 3 complete on consoles,things moving to ghe tune of the boat each acting independently,the pool of water.

You fanboys are buthurt because ND was pull to pull such impressive games from such an old hardware,considering that most of the cutscenes look almost identical to its gamplay in Uncharted i say there is a big chance the game look that great,Hell Infamous look better than Ryse,has better effects.animations,is 1080p and stay over 30SPF almost always,Unlike Ryse so i can imagine Uncharted 4 looking way better after all Uncharted wasn't open world like Infamous.

@zeeshanhaider said:

Was Infamous even nominated.?

The fact that the game in question won on xbox one says it all the console has a 7770 basically..lol

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14:

You just reiterated the same bullshit you do all the time. The PR claims. I asked you about the actual 2x difference example, you still didn't provide me with any. And, to be precise your 2X claims are about the hardware not even specifically the GPU and I have tried explaining countless times how CPU takes the hit because of the API overhead but you go on with your low level GPU API. I'm pretty damn sure ND writes the drivers in assembly for the GPU in PS4 because that is clearly their product and not AMD's. It's not like that control is provided by the vendor. Let me tell you something learn difference behind computer architecture and computer organization. What you are trying to say is part of computer organization and devs don't have access to it. Computer Architecture 101.

In general First Party's should get most out of the hardware but there's no valid proof that First party will always be the case. Mind telling me why GTA V is technically more impressive than any ND game on PS3? It gets to how much committed the team is towards the product.

Anyways, why the hell am I wasting my time with you. Even if I get Mark Cerny to say PS4 is comparable to PC with 570 in it you sony drones will still try to spin it that he was just being generous like AM-Gamer is just doing.

You will return with the same old quotes. I have more chance with banging my head against a wall than debating with you, sir. Keep on living in the NEVER LAND where a tablet CPU and a 570 level GPU can do things TITAN has trouble doing.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 zeeshanhaider

@tormentos:

A post full of lies and DC...........HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Owned in the previous post so hard the ran with tail between his legs...............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Start calling me names in 3.....2....1................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA