360 Sells 1.25mil in Nov nearly 2x all other consoles and >Wiiu+Wii combined

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#251 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Remember guys, the 360 had an extra year. The sales of PS3 and 360 is basically tied. By using the logic behind the 360's extra year, the PS3 won.

So, it's Wii > PS3 > 360.

Lems, you've got to admit that you're last.

GamerwillzPS

thats not logic at all, thats what we call stupidity,lol

:lol:

All I'm getting is "Oh gawd! wtf that's stupid! blah blah blah, it's WRONG!!" without any better rebuttal.

Try to counter my argument instead.

Easy.

The 360's year head start counts.

Wow, that was simpler than I thought.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Remember guys, the 360 had an extra year. The sales of PS3 and 360 is basically tied. By using the logic behind the 360's extra year, the PS3 won.

lundy86_4

That would make sense, if that's how we counted it. It's not wrong per se, but it isn't accurate. We go off total sales and notsales within the shortest time period.

29999 posts :P
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#253 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

GamerwillzPS

thats not logic at all, thats what we call stupidity,lol

All I'm getting is "Oh gawd! wtf that's stupid! blah blah blah, it's WRONG!!" without any better rebuttal.

It's not logical to completely erase a years worth of sales numbers just because a console came out a year earlier, shall we erase all the Ps2 sales that happened before the Xbox released last gen? 360's first year sales count, whether you like it or not, what you are saying is very, very childish 'i can't win this so i will move the goal posts' lol
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#254 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]thats not logic at all, thats what we call stupidity,loldelta3074

It's not logical to completely erase a years worth of sales numbers just because a console came out a year earlier, shall we erase all the Ps2 sales that happened before the Xbox released last gen? 360's first year sales count, whether you like it or not, what you are saying is very, very childish 'i can't win this so i will move the goal posts' lol

Of course, 360's first year sales should definitely count but the sales between both consoles is tied which indicates that PS3 was selling at a faster rate. Clear victory here.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 The_Game21x

GamerwillzPS

Of course, 360's first year sales should definitely count but the sales between both consoles is tied which indicates that PS3 was selling at a faster rate. Clear victory here.

Sold at a faster rate and still either tied or behind the 360.

There is no victory there, especially if you look at the bigger picture (Profit).

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 delta3074

GamerwillzPS

If we actually measured it by that then yes, but we don't so NO, we count overall hardware sales.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

clyde46

That would make sense, if that's how we counted it. It's not wrong per se, but it isn't accurate. We go off total sales and notsales within the shortest time period.

OMG! OMG! OMG! 30,000.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 delta3074

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

OMG! OMG! OMG! 30,000.

congrats:)
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52444 Posts

lundy86_4

OMG! OMG! OMG! 30,000.

Congrats! I'm gonna post a present for you in the lounge.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]It's not logical to completely erase a years worth of sales numbers just because a console came out a year earlier, shall we erase all the Ps2 sales that happened before the Xbox released last gen? 360's first year sales count, whether you like it or not, what you are saying is very, very childish 'i can't win this so i will move the goal posts' loldelta3074

If we actually measured it by that then yes, but we don't so NO, we count overall hardware sales.

That the PS3 sold at a faster rate is not a matter of if it counts or not. It's a fact...
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

lundy86_4

OMG! OMG! OMG! 30,000.

No-life loser confirmed!

[spoiler] Congrats! ;) [/spoiler]

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]It's not logical to completely erase a years worth of sales numbers just because a console came out a year earlier, shall we erase all the Ps2 sales that happened before the Xbox released last gen? 360's first year sales count, whether you like it or not, what you are saying is very, very childish 'i can't win this so i will move the goal posts' loldelta3074

So, you moved the goal posts in order to win?

That's what I would measure. It makes sense. We marked the beginning of the generation with the 360 which is the 1st console to enter and then we look at how well all the consoles were selling. The PS3 and 360 are tied, but the 360 had an extra year so this tells me that PS3 was selling better, therefore it already secured the 2nd place.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

1.26m for no games and Xbox Live fees. Can someone explain clearly to me why?

RR360DD

Console with the best library (according to both gamespot and metacritic), best online service, best controller, best multiplats .....

Seems like a good reason to buy the 360;)

Most of which came out in 2007. Dont kid yourself, its advertisement plain and simple.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 The_Game21x

GamerwillzPS

That's what I would measure. It makes sense. We marked the beginning of the generation with the 360 which is the 1st console to enter and then we look at how well all the consoles were selling. The PS3 and 360 are tied, but the 360 had an extra year so this tells me that PS3 was selling better, therefore it already secured the 2nd place.

You're the one moving the goal posts by saying "but the PS3 sold at a faster rate!"

The fact of the matter is, the PS3 tied a number in November (with combined PS2 sales apparently but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt) a number the 360 hit at the end of September. All indications show that the PS3 moved less units this month than the 360.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon (that was intentional, btw) to figure out that the math favors the 360.

But yeah, let's keep on moving those goal posts!

Face facts kiddo. The PS3 is still in last place.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

The Wii U came out Nov 18th...so that's a bit late to even count. On top of that, it's still sold out 99% of places. So another unfair comparison. As for the Wii...it still sells. But most are moving onto the Wii U. MS's next console won't be out for at least another 10-12 months.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

NineTailedGoku

Console with the best library (according to both gamespot and metacritic), best online service, best controller, best multiplats .....

Most of which came out in 2007. Dont kid yourself, its advertisement plain and simple.

Many, not most.

And who cares? The 360 still has the better library of games when compared to the PS3 by any objective measure.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]If we actually measured it by that then yes, but we don't so NO, we count overall hardware sales.The_Game21x

The fact of the matter is, the PS3 tied a number in November (with combined PS2 sales apparently but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt) a number the 360 hit at the end of September. All indications show that the PS3 moved less units this month than the 360.

You're talking about the US sales? If so, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

The US is nothing. Worldwide sales is how we should look at it. The PS3 is dominating by brute force in the EU and Asia, those continents has bigger markets.

In conclusion, enjoy the last place.

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

The Wii U came out Nov 18th...so that's a bit late to even count. On top of that, it's still sold out 99% of places. So another unfair comparison. As for the Wii...it still sells. But most are moving onto the Wii U. MS's next console won't be out for at least another 10-12 months.

Puckhog04

Not really.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

The US is nothing. Worldwide sales is how we should look at it. The PS3 is dominating by brute force in the EU and Asia, those continents has bigger markets.

Alright, prove it.

Let's see some proof that the PS3 is "dominating" in Europe and Asia enough to close the gap and surpass the 360.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

FastEddie2121

Not really.

Yes, they literally started getting them in. I know the managers at a few of my local gamestops. There's a huge waiting list at each Gamestop. Also, now call and ask how quick they're selling out...because my local ones can't keep them in stock though there is a ready supply being shipped.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 kuraimen

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

The_Game21x

Many, not most.

And who cares? The 360 still has the better library of games when compared to the PS3 by any objective measure.

LMFAO... yeah no.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

Alright, prove it.

Let's see some proof that the PS3 is "dominating" in Europe and Asia enough to close the gap and surpass the 360.

Here we go. Remember to check out the charts in some of these links. They worth thousands of words.

Link - 2011 sales

Link - 2012 sales

Link- Japan

Admit it, the PS3 is a better operating console for the majority of the world. The only place where the 360 have dominated is the US, which is nothing. You simply cannot claim victory from that.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Every year we get this from the cows. And every year it doesn't happen. Sad sight to see. It's like watching a football game and they are the losing players on the field still believe they should have won when everyone in the stands have already left.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 delta3074

GamerwillzPS

How did i move the goal posts? i Left them where they are supposed to be in the First Place, we have always used overall hardware sales, you are the one trying to change the rules and move the goal posts, not me sunshine, how you would measure it has is irrlevent and it makes perfect sense to go by Overall hardware sales, the games industry does so why shouldn't we, like you said, the Generation started wiith the 360, going buy your logic if a Sprinter misses the gun and starts the Race late yet still manages to Tie with the lead runner that he has won the Race, do you see wher youyr logic is flawed now?
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]If we actually measured it by that then yes, but we don't so NO, we count overall hardware sales.sts106mat
That the PS3 sold at a faster rate is not a matter of if it counts or not. It's a fact...

agreed,

And that should /thread. Thank you Sony.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 delta3074

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Alright, prove it.

Here we go. Remember to check out the charts in some of these links. They worth thousands of words.

Link - 2011 sales

Link - 2012 sales

Link- Japan

Admit it, the PS3 is a better operating console for the majority of the world. The only place where the 360 have dominated is the US, which is nothing. You simply cannot claim victory from that.

yet the 360 ousold the Ps3 worldwide by 600,00 units in 2011, that would mean that NA and UK sales of the 360 where more than enough to secure the 360 first place in worldwide sales would it not?
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Alright, prove it.

delta3074

Link - 2011 sales

Link - 2012 sales

Link- Japan

yet the 360 ousold the Ps3 worldwide by 600,00 units in 2011, that would mean that NA and UK sales of the 360 where more than enough to secure the 360 first place in worldwide sales would it not?

Wrong.

Link.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Alright, prove it.

delta3074

Link - 2011 sales

Link - 2012 sales

Link- Japan

in 2011

were in 2012 headed into 2013
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts

[QUOTE="FastEddie2121"]

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Puckhog04

Not really.

Yes, they literally started getting them in. I know the managers at a few of my local gamestops. There's a huge waiting list at each Gamestop. Also, now call and ask how quick they're selling out...because my local ones can't keep them in stock though there is a ready supply being shipped.

Where in the blue hell do you live? WiiUs are everywhere. Best buy, target, Walmart, GameStop, etc, etc. there's no problem finding one.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#282 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

RR360DD

But the PS3 controller is better, its library is twice as big as the 360s, and has more exclusives than the Wii (360 is last of course) And a blu-ray player and free online, and PSN+, seems like no reason to buy 360.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Mozelleple112

But the PS3 controller is better, its library is twice as big as the 360s, and has more exclusives than the Wii (360 is last of course) And a blu-ray player and free online, and PSN+, seems like no reason to buy 360.

Quoted for the truth.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

GamerwillzPS

Quoted for the truth.

and again for dramatic effect.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 delta3074

Link - 2011 sales

Link - 2012 sales

Link- Japan

GamerwillzPS

Wrong.

Link.

WRONG SONYs own Fiscal reports http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461642 2011 Xbox 360=14.9 million units Ps3=14.1 million units Notice the date on your article is 2 months BEFORE the end of 2011,Explain? how can you tell which one sold the most in 2011 2 months before the end of 2011? i am waiting, this will be good,lol
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Alright, prove it.

delta3074

Link - 2011 sales

Link - 2012 sales

Link- Japan

This.

Even if the PS3 sells slightly better than the 360 in Europe, the 360's commanding lead in the US is more than enough to balance it out.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 delta3074

Link - 2011 sales

Link - 2012 sales

Link- Japan

PinnacleGamingP
in 2011

were in 2012 headed into 2013

Totally out of context with the converstion, nothing new,lol
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Mozelleple112

Prove it.

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]yet the 360 ousold the Ps3 worldwide by 600,00 units in 2011, that would mean that NA and UK sales of the 360 where more than enough to secure the 360 first place in worldwide sales would it not?delta3074

Wrong.

Link.

WRONG SONYs own Fiscal reports http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461642 2011 Xbox 360=14.9 million units Ps3=14.1 million units Notice the date on your article is 2 months BEFORE the end of 2011,Explain? how can you tell which one sold the most in 2011 2 months before the end of 2011? i am waiting, this will be good,lol

:lol: "sonys own report" neogaf.com
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 delta3074
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Mozelleple112

You talk a right load of rubbish, the 360 has MORE games than the Ps3 you muppet, Twice the amount of game my backside,How do you explian the Fact that the 360 has more multiplats than the Ps3?
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 delta3074

Wrong.

Link.

PinnacleGamingP

did you even read it, they actually have a copy of SONY's fiscal reports on the First page you muppet, god damn you are stupid dude.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"]WRONG SONYs own Fiscal reports http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461642 2011 Xbox 360=14.9 million units Ps3=14.1 million units Notice the date on your article is 2 months BEFORE the end of 2011,Explain? how can you tell which one sold the most in 2011 2 months before the end of 2011? i am waiting, this will be good,lol

did you even read it, they actually have a copy of SONY's fiscal reports on the First page you muppet, god damn you are stupid dude.

so their source is legit. wheres theres source?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 kuraimen

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

GamerwillzPS

Quoted for the truth.

Re-quoted for the truth
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 GamerwillzPS

Link - 2011 sales

Link - 2012 sales

Link- Japan

The_Game21x

This.

Even if the PS3 sells slightly better than the 360 in Europe, the 360's commanding lead in the US is more than enough to balance it out.

Yet you didn't provide any evidence to point out that the 360 sold better.

I have provided enough to show that you are all wrong. PS3 sold better in the overall worldwide sales, I already proved it and you haven't. Or is it too much for you to accept?

I repeat, the US is nothing. Typical Americans thinking the world is covered by their land... No, it doesn't. There are continents out there. There are different countries out there that has better tastes than you Americans.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 delta3074
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] :lol: "sonys own report" neogaf.com

so their source is legit. wheres theres source?

'Originally Posted by Sony Corporation' second line after the first graph, Can you even read dude?
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 delta3074

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]yet the 360 ousold the Ps3 worldwide by 600,00 units in 2011, that would mean that NA and UK sales of the 360 where more than enough to secure the 360 first place in worldwide sales would it not?GamerwillzPS

This.

I have provided enough to show that you are all wrong. PS3 sold better in the overall worldwide sales, I already proved it and you haven't. Or is it too much for you to accept?

I repeat, the US is nothing. Typical Americans thinking the world is covered by their land... No, it doesn't. There are continents out there. There are different countries out there that has better tastes than you Americans.

yet the 360 still ousold the Ps3 worldwide in 2011 which makes you evidence a moot point, and sorry, but to claim the Ps3 outsold the 360 worldwide in 2011 using an article from October 2011,two months before 2011 even ended is just plain stupid really, you should check the dates on your articles before posting,lol
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#298 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Cows are hilarious. The numbers are exactly in line with the numbers reported last year and the 360 ended up outselling the PS3 WW in 2011. 2012 wont be any different. Another victory for the 360 and another year where cows make up excuses why the PS3 cant overtake the 360.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]yet the 360 ousold the Ps3 worldwide by 600,00 units in 2011, that would mean that NA and UK sales of the 360 where more than enough to secure the 360 first place in worldwide sales would it not?GamerwillzPS

This.

No you haven't. You've shown me a bunch of charts from Europe and Japan, not any definitive numbers that show the PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide this year or last, and as delta already linked, last year, the PS3 sold less than the 360 worldwide.

I like how you immediately descend into America bashing and making blanket statements about people saying their land covers all (when no one here has even hinted at that) and making other baseless assumptions about the tastes of gamers worldwide compared to Americans. You're a joke. I love how you America bashers consistently make yourselves look worse than the people you're bashing. Good job on that one.

Show me some actual numbers that prove your case that the PS3 has overtaken the 360 worldwide or sit down and be quiet.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

:lol: "sonys own report" neogaf.comPinnacleGamingP

They consolidated the results and listed the full report within the post. Are you stupid?