kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Well done TC been saying it for months. LOD on PS4 is lacking compared to The One.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

If I had to choose between a game that was 1080p or one that was 900p with more detail, I'd go for option 2 every time.

Every multiplat so far has had the same textures, despite lemming shitposting.

If you need to emulate the Xbone's shitty sharpener, you can do so using your TV settings.

I didn't say anything about Xbox One or PS4... I'm just saying, in general, I'd prefer 900p with more detail over 1080p. The point being that 1080p isn't everything.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't know If it's just me but in some of those comparisons the Xbox One looks better.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@BattleSpectre: It's the Xbox color output. It crushes blacks but at the same time there is a significant drop in detail in dark areas. It does make the image appear to have more "pop" though. Just a trick of the eye.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@lostrib said:

Just wait for dat DX12

Yeah since TEH CLOUDZ1!!!! didn't do shit...lolz

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

Lems are having meltdown

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Cows are having meltdown

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Why is this troll bait thread still open? This one just got LOCKED (linky), figured all troll baits are getting closed, especially when they cherry pick and use youtube low res screens. Hopefully we aren't seeing cherry picked threads being locked...

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

the delusional cows denying, even though proof is right in their face.

Don't under stand how they think the ps4 is so powerful, its all they ever talk about.

it's a tablet cpu with a mid range card at best.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

Just wait for dat DX12

someone needs to make an Xbox One chalkboard. put DX12 right up there as the latest thing waiting to be crossed out.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

1080p? Why so low?

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#112 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

those screenshot comparisons are terrible, they are about 10x less resolution then 1080p which makes them hard to compare, plus they are posted by an xbox employee or some fanboy. You can blur an image with photoshop and then say its from this console or that, sorry i don't trust anything i'm seeing here. Its just too easy to enhance or degrade an image with photoshop.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

how you gonna youtube is compressed and you cant really tell when these are side by side comparisons? DC by SDF everywhere today

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

@SolidTy:

Why do you want it closed? Because it's just one of several threads to point out a glaring weakness in the PS4 hardware.

All of a sudden 1080p isn't so cool any more is it?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SolidTy

greensand24 said:

@SolidTy:

Why do you want it closed? Because it's just one of several threads to point out a glaring weakness in the PS4 hardware.

All of a sudden 1080p isn't so cool any more is it?

I never mentioned resolution. You are talking to a straw-man. You aren't reading my post which is probably why you didn't quote it. I will make sure to quote my words below. I enjoyed 1080p many years ago if you must know, but now onto what it is I was talking about, which is apparently a double standard in locking of threads.

It has nothing to do with whatever fantasy it is you conjured up. I got all the machines and I laugh at the youtube low res screens presented for any machine (PC, Wii U, Wii, 360, PS4, Vita, 3DS, PS3, Xbone) as it's comedy to take any of this seriously. These are even more funny as they are pictures of youtube screens, quite hilarious if one is supposed to use as evidence when I can go just turn on my machines in the livingroom.

I already answered your question before you asked however, it's a clearly troll-bait thread and apparently depending on the moderator, those now get locked. That's also why I never commented in this comedy thread. It was the double standard that got my attention.

I don't care if the thread gets locked, I care about standards. In fact, better to unlock the other thread and let discussion continue. If other threads based on the same hokey premises are going to get locked, do it equally to all fanboys, not select fanboys. Again, my post:

----

"Why is this troll bait thread still open? This one just got LOCKED (linky), figured all troll baits are getting closed, especially when they cherry pick and use youtube low res screens. Hopefully we aren't seeing cherry picked threads being locked..."

The real question, which I already know the answer too as I remember you, is why you care to quote me if you aren't going to read my words before quoting? I already know the answer, but I suggest to you that you don't formulate opinions on any hardware based on any of the comedy-evidence presented in either thread or future threads. This has been my stance far before the Wii U, Xbone, and PS4 released. My words aren't a shift about whatever it is you imagine. I've said the same thing about Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, 360, Wii, PC, and PS3 threads in years past. I will say the exact same thing when the Wii UU22, Xbox 4, and PS4 release and some other guy is going to quote me and ask me about 4K or some stupid sh**. I'm not talking about resolutions, especially in a troll-bait thread.

It occurs to me we've already had a very similar conversation repeatedly in various threads as you are very, very, very much entrenched in resolution wars. Look to that link for answers.

For proof, I also submit your created and locked thread: "So what happens when XOne COD Ghosts ends up looking better than PS4 COD Ghosts? by greensand24. You may find a lot of my viewpoints and a refresher on your viewpoints there and it would save a rather lengthy discussion.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Massive lemming delusion. Different textures, now Youtube videos aren't compressed? Really?

Lems are the laughing stock of the industry. Don't worry, maybe da cloud will make a difference. In the meantime I can adjust the brightness and sharpness on my TV for the same effect.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 GrenadeLauncher

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@GravityX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@GravityX said:

@sailor232 said:

I'll take the better looking game running smooth. Also I'll be the first to answer the picture question, I'm guessing the left one is 1080p but I know I am wrong because that's how things turn out.

Oh, I'm sorry the one on the right is the superior 1080p version.

Thanks for playing!

Thanks for ignoring every other post, lemming.

I was doing stuff, jeez.

But the point, I was trying to make. Why are these issues occurring on a much more powerful system. Can't we all ask why? Is that a crime? Why do we get all defensive?

Missing deatail, washed out textures and missing assets to acheive 1080p? Really why? Where is this 75% more power going to?

It's a texture streaming issue and both versions have them. They both have the same textures so your central premise is totally flawed.

Are you blind or did you not see some of the textures were missing in several PS4 screen shots. That has nothing to do with crushed blacks or anything else you're trying to say. Even in FoxbatAlpha's Strider pics you can see some ground textures missing. So devs will sacrifice texture to get the game to 1080P or stay at a higher resoltuion? Your comments are flawed as usual.

Yeah, Strider is one of the few you can have because it was made by crap devs. Thankfully Double Helix is owned by Amazon now so all they'll do is Android games on FireTV.

BTW blackace, you forgotten what year it is? DX12 is the end of 2015. Xbox One: Just Wait.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts
@SolidTy said:

Why is this troll bait thread still open? This one just got LOCKED (linky), figured all troll baits are getting closed, especially when they cherry pick and use youtube low res screens. Hopefully we aren't seeing cherry picked threads being locked...

His other thread is still open as well, and the OP doesn't even contain any links to any of the blatantly twisted information he presented.

Even after he got school'd by Wasdie for his ignorance.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SolidTy
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@SolidTy said:

His other thread is still open as well, and the OP doesn't even contain any links to any of the blatantly twisted information he presented.

Even after he got school'd by Wasdie for his ignorance.

They really should communicate to each other because some troll bait threads with conjecture designed to troll are allowed, while other troll bait threads are locked after only a few posts. Peculiar. I hate wasting my time in a thread answering a post, only to find it's locked for being troll bait but multiple other troll bait threads are active. I also know they were flagged according to other users as well at spoken about. I'm just curious about the mentality.

I know as I was alerted to this behavior from other gamespot.com users so I'm sure some of the moderators must be aware of the rotating standards if they listen to the community chatter.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@handssss said:

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

Just wait for dat DX12

someone needs to make an Xbox One chalkboard. put DX12 right up there as the latest thing waiting to be crossed out.

Yeah, going against the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created is a loosing battle.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

TC still hasn't addressed his glaring mistake in the OP that I mentioned. Top kek.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

this thread got me crying....(cows) now saying DF videos dont count.....i will rent afew of these games on my ps4 and xbone and check them out....funny stuff

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

I don't have an xbox 1 or ps4, I play pc. I can clearly see details and textures that aren't in the ps4 version. The cows will never accept this, in full blown denial.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

All these lemmings and lemming enablers are just trying too hard now.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By granddogg

@GrenadeLauncher: sometimes when we are told one thing only to see another you have to trust what you see other than what some company (sony)who is trying to sell you stuff said....not everybody who has something to say is a lem...hell i have all the system and a gaming pc....i see some bad textures in those ps4 pic and no youtube video can make those just leave ...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

Wow, those very small, very compressed youtube screengrabs certainly show...

something

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher:

Haha... The funny thing is that very same gif that you're trying to use to make yourself feel better is most appropriate for you because you're the one cow in here TRYING SO SO HARD and working overtime lol to deny what most people are seeing. But carry on COWard.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@granddogg said:

@GrenadeLauncher: sometimes when we are told one thing only to see another you have to trust what you see other than what some company (sony)who is trying to sell you stuff said....not everybody who has something to say is a lem...hell i have all the system and a gaming pc....i see some bad textures in those ps4 pic and no youtube video can make those just leave ...

Digital Foundry is owned by Sony all of a sudden? Weird.

@greensand24 said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

Haha... The funny thing is that very same gif that you're trying to use to make yourself feel better is most appropriate for you because you're the one cow in here TRYING SO SO HARD and working overtime lol to deny what most people are seeing. But carry on COWard.

Keep trying. :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#129 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Now that I am experiencing PC gaming, I think I'll sacrifice resolution for FPS. I have been experimenting with Dark Souls and Arkham games, and I enjoy a smooth frame rate more.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I don't know If it's just me but in some of those comparisons the Xbox One looks better.

LOL. I have been thinking the same thing, but have been timid about it.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By granddogg

@GrenadeLauncher: ps4 is owned by sony ...everything people put on this board is pr hype ...the most powerfull console every built...thats not hard to do ps1,xbox,snes,etc...they old....all the crap you post on here is junk....hell the xbone is the 2nd most powerful console every built....7790/7850/7870......not a big differents

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 GrenadeLauncher
@granddogg said:

@GrenadeLauncher: ps4 is owned by sony ...everything people put on this board is pr hype ...the most powerfull console every built...thats not hard to do ps1,xbox,snes,etc...they old....all the crap you post on here is junk....hell the xbone is the 2nd most powerful console every built....7790/7850/7870......not a big differents

I'm sure there's a coherent point you were attempting to make hiding in there.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Not only did the mod lock the thread, but when it was locked both 360 and Xbone had equal votes (3 and 3). Now it has 4 more votes all for Xbone meaning mods went in and up-voted Xbone lol!

Anyway back on topic: 1080P at what cost?

$400 ;)

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ReadingRainbow4

@Pray_to_me said:

@SolidTy said:

Not only did the mod lock the thread, but when it was locked both 360 and Xbone had equal votes (3 and 3). Now it has 4 more votes all for Xbone meaning mods went in and up-voted Xbone lol!

Anyway back on topic: 1080P at what cost?

$400 ;)

Because AppleFan is very selective in what he deems an appropriate topic.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

I agree. The most important thing is image quality, not resolution. On the PC, the resources are theoretically limitless so if your system is powerful enough, it can run ANY GAME at 1080p or 4K and at over 60 fps. Even with a brand new demanding game that no current hardware exists that can achieve that, just wait a year and it will.

With consoles it's different because you have limited resources. The PS4 devs should concentrate on maximizing those resources, not just getting 1080p for the sake of it to have a buzz word.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 misterpmedia

@Pray_to_me Nice post.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@Pray_to_me: Too bad we don't have an Xbox One version so we could see what Sucker Punch had to cut from the game to get it to run at 1080p.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ReadingRainbow4

@GravityX said:

@Pray_to_me: Too bad we don't have an Xbox One version so we could see what Sucker Punch had to cut from the game to get it to run at 1080p.

Still no links?

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 GravityX

@Xplode_games: Yeah MS agrees. Allow developers create their vision of the game and not cut corners to get your LOD 1080p.

Quote:

"We've chosen to let title developers make the trade-off of resolution vs. per-pixel quality in whatever way is most appropriate to their game content. A lower resolution generally means that there can be more quality per pixel. With a high quality scaler and anti-aliasing and render resolutions such as 720p or '900p', some games look better with more GPU processing going to each pixel than to the number of pixels; others look better at 1080p with less GPU processing per pixel," replied Goossen.

MS and Xbox the true developer friendly company.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 GravityX

@ReadingRainbow4: I linked the video and if you want to see all of them go Digital Foundry's YouTube channel.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ReadingRainbow4

@GravityX said:

@ReadingRainbow4: I linked the video and if you want to see all of them go Digital Foundry's YouTube channel.

Not what I was referring to.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@GravityX said:

Here's your Xbone version. The only open world game on Xbone. 720P and still looking fugly as hell.

Keep making graphics threads nub. I really enjoy pounding you out. And deep down you know you enjoy it too. ;)

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ReadingRainbow4

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

Here's your Xbone version. The only open world game on Xbone. 720P and still looking fugly as hell.

Keep making graphics threads nub. I really enjoy pounding you out. And deep down you know you enjoy it too. ;)

Does it really look that awful? Wtf.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

I don't know where lemscum got this "1080p mandate" from. I've never seen it come from anyone except them.

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

That's not even Dead Rising 3 frames per second's biggest problem.

Imagine Infamous on the Xbone. 720p 17fps probably.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

That crap can't be true.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By misterpmedia

@lbjkurono23 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

That crap can't be true.

Well considering GravityX is abusing DF anals for his argument and Pray_to_me is using the same source then I'm afraid it is true, that's regarding the frame rate picture anyway. The other picture has a bunch of other funny memes 'shopped into it but the original IQ off the game is still there and it ain't pretty. lol

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

That crap can't be true.

Well considering GravityX is abusing DF anals for his argument and Pray_to_me is using the same source then I'm afraid it is true, that's regarding the frame rate picture anyway. The other picture has a bunch of other funny memes 'shopped into it but the original IQ off the game is still there and it ain't pretty. lol

Its disappointing to see the xbox one holding back the game. Wont be the last unfortunately.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

Later in the gen we will see developers lowering resolution to get more on screen, better physics, better AI, and other stuff. Utilizing more of the GPU for other tasks besides graphics will be necessary. Most games later on may drop as low as 720p native on the PS4, and then upscaled. But what will devs do on the X1 then, go as low as 360p :p.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By GravityX

@lbjkurono23: When Knack runs at 14 fps , anything is possible.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lbjkurono23 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

That crap can't be true.

For the record, DR3 fixed its framerate issues with a patch which was after the DF analysis. The final version with the day 1 patch had no framerate issues. Also you have to account for the literally 100s of enemies on screen at once (probably close to a thousand) and the fact the world is huge and has 0 loading screens. even at 720p Its impressive for them to fit all that in one game and make the launch