Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@GravityX said:

@lbjkurono23: When Knack runs at 14 fps , anything is possible.

Piss poor damage control, mate. :)

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

@Pray_to_me: Too bad we don't have an Xbox One version so we could see what Sucker Punch had to cut from the game to get it to run at 1080p.

Here's your Xbone version. The only open world game on Xbone. 720P and still looking fugly as hell.

Keep making graphics threads nub. I really enjoy pounding you out. And deep down you know you enjoy it too. ;)

That's not even Dead Rising 3 frames per second's biggest problem.

That crap can't be true.

For the record, DR3 fixed its framerate issues with a patch which was after the DF analysis. The final version with the day 1 patch had no framerate issues. Also you have to account for the literally 100s of enemies on screen at once (probably close to a thousand) and the fact the world is huge and has 0 loading screens. even at 720p Its impressive for them to fit all that in one game and make the launch

DF addressed that there was a patch and did more tests.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-dead-rising-3-patch

"The huge 13GB update promises to improve performance, but frame-rates appear much the same before and after the patch has been applied, and a solid 30fps is still beyond reach when the engine is under load."

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@GravityX: Sony Fanboys want to make it all about 1080p, because right now the PS4 has a 1080p advantage over the Xb1.

Funny how times change. The original cows' mantra was "its all about the games".

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@handssss said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

@Pray_to_me: Too bad we don't have an Xbox One version so we could see what Sucker Punch had to cut from the game to get it to run at 1080p.

Here's your Xbone version. The only open world game on Xbone. 720P and still looking fugly as hell.

Keep making graphics threads nub. I really enjoy pounding you out. And deep down you know you enjoy it too. ;)

That's not even Dead Rising 3 frames per second's biggest problem.

That crap can't be true.

For the record, DR3 fixed its framerate issues with a patch which was after the DF analysis. The final version with the day 1 patch had no framerate issues. Also you have to account for the literally 100s of enemies on screen at once (probably close to a thousand) and the fact the world is huge and has 0 loading screens. even at 720p Its impressive for them to fit all that in one game and make the launch

"The huge 13GB update promises to improve performance, but frame-rates appear much the same before and after the patch has been applied, and a solid 30fps is still beyond reach when the engine is under load."

Gross, I bet the patch was done to add dlc. 1,000 zombies don't impress either considering the ai, and that they were able to put 7k in DR2, but went down to 3k because it wasn't as fun.

Ohara:

“Last year at Captivate we did a demo. We had a strip — It was probably like 10 meters wide and 200 meters long. We filled it with about 7,000 zombies. After about 3,000, you can’t really tell the difference because it fills up the screen anyway. Over 3,000, it ruins the experience. It’s not a game anymore,”

“We can show about 7,000 zombies if we wanted to, our technology is not limiting us. If the game only shows about 500 zombies or 1,000 zombies, that’s not the game’s limit. We have just enough so that people have fun with the zombies and the gameplay is rewarding."

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@handssss said:

@darkangel115 said:

D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Still waiting for TC to comment on his glaring mistake in the OP regarding posting some specific screens of a game comparison that proves that the game is superior on PS4. Has TC secretly read the post but is taking his time to prepare damage control? I knew you were boring all along lol.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 GrenadeLauncher

What did that 13GB patch even do anyway?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@GravityX: Sony Fanboys want to make it all about 1080p, because right now the PS4 has a 1080p advantage over the Xb1.

Funny how times change. The original cows' mantra was "its all about the games".

When they're the same game then yes the one running at 2.5X the resolution is significant.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@StormyJoe said:

When they're the same game then yes the one running at 2.5X the resolution is significant.

First off, the resolution issue is over blown. Secondly, the difference in power between the PS4 and XB1 is far less than PS2 vs Xbox; which was the gen I was talking about.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

I think the point of this thread is that 1080p is not the end all be all of graphics and shouldn't be forced at the expense of graphical fidelity on console. Everything else here is just fanboy talk.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 GrenadeLauncher

We recently noticed that the console launch version and the first day update of Trials Fusion had a serious bug regarding data streaming and frame-rate optimisations. Our latest shader optimisations weren't included in these builds because of a build script error. These issues will be fixed in the next patch and finally the players can enjoy the locked 60fps also on Xbox One, and much reduced texture popping on PS4.

OP and lemmings destroyed.