NFL Preseason Thread.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

No, top 10 maybe, but not top 5. Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Andrew Luck (yes, I went there), Joe Flacco, Cam Newton (Yep, I went there again) will all be better when the Bradys and the Mannings of the NFL are gone.No_Hablo_Ingles
I would put Sam Bradford in there and take somebody out but its pretty good for me if we are excluding McCoy.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]No, top 10 maybe, but not top 5. Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Andrew Luck (yes, I went there), Joe Flacco, Cam Newton (Yep, I went there again) will all be better when the Bradys and the Mannings of the NFL are gone.sherman-tank1

I would put Sam Bradford in there and take somebody out but its pretty good for me if we are excluding McCoy.

... I completely forgot about Bradford *shame on me*
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]No, top 10 maybe, but not top 5. Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Andrew Luck (yes, I went there), Joe Flacco, Cam Newton (Yep, I went there again) will all be better when the Bradys and the Mannings of the NFL are gone.No_Hablo_Ingles

Ya, I did too lol. He was pretty damn impressive.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]I would put Sam Bradford in there and take somebody out but its pretty good for me if we are excluding McCoy.

Chutebox

Ya, I did too lol. He was pretty damn impressive.

I agree with you there... nice to know I'm not the only one who forgot about the rookie of the year :lol:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Chutebox

Lol @ Rodgers' handlebars.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Chutebox

Good Lord, Alex Smith can't even get a pass off.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

The Lions' D-Line looked great against New England, and that is without Vanden Bosch and Fairley. Brady barely had any time to throw the ball.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

The Lions' D-Line looked great against New England, and that is without Vanden Bosch and Fairley. Brady barely had any time to throw the ball.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Indeed, and as a Pats fan I'm glad that happened. Now the Pats have woken up. Stafford just killed the Pats D. It was also really neat to see a crowd so pumped up for a preseason game.

jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#159 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

sherman-tank1

Indeed, and as a Pats fan I'm glad that happened. Now the Pats have woken up. Stafford just killed the Pats D. It was also really neat to see a crowd so pumped up for a preseason game.

To be fair, the Pats had a ton of people on defense out for the game.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#160 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
I LOVE what I saw from the Lions today! The first string offenses and defenses appeared to match up very well for the Lions, and the D Line obviously gave the Pats' O-Line fits, despite missing Fairley & Vanden Bosch. Stafford was also razor sharp. The running game is still ineffective to say the least, though, and I could tell that the secondary is still pretty mediocre.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

sherman-tank1

Yeah, well with the Lions not winning often you take what you can get. :P Hopefully this season changes that.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#163 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
This offensive line is worse than anything Hasselbeck ever had.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#164 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Anyone see Lane Kiffin ragging on Al Davis? It's no wonder that team never wins, how can you when you have an owner trying to play coach?

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

Anyone see Lane Kiffin ragging on Al Davis? It's no wonder that team never wins, how can you when you have an owner trying to play coach?

theone86

Kiffin is a shady character, but I tend to believe his side on this. The Raiders make any just about any other organization look like a well-oiled machine.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 QuistisTrepe_

Weird, Chester Taylor was reported as cut, then not cut after teams inquired about him. He's as good as gone pending a trade for a low-round pick. Oh, and Vernon Gholston.:lol: Must have been his run stuffing ability in that Giants game that did him in.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 QuistisTrepe_

Good Lord, Alex Smith can't even get a pass off.

Chutebox

Clearly the benficiary of a weak FA market.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
I was at the Lions/Pats game this past Saturday. The one thing I got from the game is that Ochocinco will not make big impact on the team and should even worry about keeping his spot on the roster. He struggled to get open at any time and when Brady put the ball where only he could get it, the ball bounced off his hands. Yes it was only a preseason game but I'm not sure if people know how long the NE starters were left in the game. The NE first team offense was playing against the Lions second team for the last 2 drives of the 1st half and the 1st drive of the second. The Pats secondary got picked apart too. But that has come to be expected from the group. I think people need to give the Lions credit and knock the Pats down a notch or two. The 3rd preseason game is the "dress rehearsal" after all.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
I'm liking my new-look Cards. Kolb to Fitz is looking to be a pretty deadly combo so far. Patrick Peterson is gonna be a beast. We don't have a ton of depth and our 3rd stringers keep blowing leads at the end of the games, but our starters/2nd stringers are looking damn good so far. This season is going to be exciting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9FJIOWN5khttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWePR2HYS4s :D
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]I'm liking my new-look Cards. Kolb to Fitz is looking to be a pretty deadly combo so far. Patrick Peterson is gonna be a beast. We don't have a ton of depth and our 3rd stringers keep blowing leads at the end of the games, but our starters/2nd stringers are looking damn good so far. This season is going to be exciting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9FJIOWN5khttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWePR2HYS4s :D

I'm glad you guys did it since he's on the 'Skins, but I don't know why you guys got rid of Hightower. The guy is such a hard runner and performs well.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]I'm liking my new-look Cards. Kolb to Fitz is looking to be a pretty deadly combo so far. Patrick Peterson is gonna be a beast. We don't have a ton of depth and our 3rd stringers keep blowing leads at the end of the games, but our starters/2nd stringers are looking damn good so far. This season is going to be exciting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9FJIOWN5khttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWePR2HYS4s :D

I'm glad you guys did it since he's on the 'Skins, but I don't know why you guys got rid of Hightower. The guy is such a hard runner and performs well.

Hightower was a pretty good RB but he was really inconsistent and he doesn't know how to break tackles, as well as his fumbling issues. He can be sloppy at times. When he's at his best, he's damn good. But when he's at his worst, he's damn bad. lol He's always been a great blocking back though, and he's good receiving back as well. Expect balls to be thrown his way quite often. Honestly I think we got rid of Hightower for a few reasons. 1) It was time to make Beanie Wells our go-to guy... Beanie has a much higher ceiling than Hightower and I think Hightower has already pretty much reached his potential, which is a solid RB, but Beanie could easily be one of the best RBs in the league with his speed and explosiveness, ridiculous stiff-arm, and sheer power. He has needed to get more reps and experience so we can really see what he's made of. Trading Hightower gives Beanie the opportunity to get the reps and experience he needs. 2) We had already drafted Hightower's replacement. Ryan Williams was looking extremely impressive all throughout training camp, really turning heads and showing that he could actually challenge Beanie for the starting RB spot. I was really excited to see this guy play and it's a shame that he got injured so bad on a meaningless preseason drive and we wont get to see him play at all his rookie year. :/ Pretty much at the time they decided to trade Hightower they just decided there wasn't much room for him with Wells and Williams just showing more potential. I bet they're regretting it now with Williams injured. But at the time it just seemed like a solid plan.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#172 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
Pats play their starters against the Giants 5th string last night?